PDA

View Full Version : When is Sweetwater Scrimmage?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2003, 12:39 AM
What time is the Sweetwater scrimmage? Is is at WF Memorial Stadium?

wildstangs
08-23-2003, 02:18 PM
It started at 11AM today. Not sure where the scrimmage was. When my little brother comes to Abilene later on today I will try and get a report from him.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Wildstangs give me an update on both teams. As my Vernon Lions play you guys and then WF Old High the third week. They usually have a great team.

Vernon's scrimmage was called after about 45 min. due to a storm but Canyon was up two Td's to Vernon's none. Vernon fumbled a lot that night. They didn't get to do the live play and only got one set of 20 plays on offense so nothing really to tell other than Canyon drove the ball in two long series against Vernon's 1st team Defense. But they were missing 3 starters also -- I don't know how much difference that would have made though.

wildstangs
08-24-2003, 05:54 PM
I didn't go to the scrimmage and have not heard a word about it. Maybe one of the other posters on the board will get on tonight and share their thoughts.

mustang04
08-24-2003, 10:01 PM
hey...the scrimmage was AWESOME! we played wichita falls high at the memorial stadium at around 11. they were a good solid team, but we put up a really good fight, i cant explain how good we did, especially against a 4a.....we had a scrimmage where both teams played good defense, then after the scrimmage, we played a full quarter, in which we beat them 8-0, we played really well, but still had mistakes that we can fix, but the 'Stangs did awesome

wildstangs
08-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Good luck this week against Vernon. I wont be able to make this one. Cant wait to see you guys go up against Graham next weekend though. The Bowl is gonna be rocking. Go RED!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Mustang04:

How was WF High's running game? That Henderson kid is awesome. You guys must have a good defense to shut him down. Can't wait till Friday and the Vernon game. You will have to watch for my son he is #35 and plays split end and safety. He also returns punts and kickoffs. He is a real hawk so don't throw to close to him. Ok we will have to talk it up as it gets closer to game time. I can't really talk to much because I have no idea how this new offense that Vernon runs is going to look. They may not be that good on offense this early so I'm not going to get my expectations up too much and I also know you mustangs have a good team.

fury900
08-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Wildstangs give me an update on both teams. As my Vernon Lions play you guys and then WF Old High the third week. They usually have a great team.

Vernon's scrimmage was called after about 45 min. due to a storm but Canyon was up two Td's to Vernon's none. Vernon fumbled a lot that night. They didn't get to do the live play and only got one set of 20 plays on offense so nothing really to tell other than Canyon drove the ball in two long series against Vernon's 1st team Defense. But they were missing 3 starters also -- I don't know how much difference that would have made though.Canyon 2 VS Vernon 1 Vernon Daily Record

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Good to see another Vernon fan on the board. Guess I missed the 1 Vernon TD.

mustang04
08-25-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanx wildstang, and to Z motion: they had a really good running game, very fast athletes, but our defense kept in there, and ill watch for ur son, thats kinda crazy hes the punt returner, cuz i deepsnap and run downfield, so ill get to meet him up close lol, but i wish yall good luck, and i hope to meet ur son...im #25, split-end and corner back

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Mustang04--thanks and I look forward to a good game. Like I said before, I really don't know what to expect out of Vernon being the first game and all, I just hope for a good competitive game. I hope you have a good game too and stay injury free. My son doesn't get on the websites or boards, but I'll tell him to watch out for that #25 streeking toward him on the punts. He also plays split end so you may face him quite a few times as a corner. You repersent your team well and I like that you haven't been trash talking like some players do. So good luck and I'll get a few pics of you while I'm on the sidelines with my camera.