PDA

View Full Version : No Fun League

coach
10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
this is rediculous. the NFL rules on celebrations is a bunch of BS. and i really do think they are looking harder on the cowboys for penalties than any other team i.e. Miles' PI and this stupid penalty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dual-hook-em-horns-sign-caused-Dallas-penalty?urn=nfl-278005

Keith7
10-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by coach
this is rediculous. the NFL rules on celebrations is a bunch of BS. and i really do think they are looking harder on the cowboys for penalties than any other team i.e. Miles' PI and this stupid penalty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dual-hook-em-horns-sign-caused-Dallas-penalty?urn=nfl-278005

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Old Tiger
10-19-2010, 01:31 AM
shoulda learned their lesson last week.

coach
10-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
shoulda learned their lesson last week.

you are right but the rule is stupid....like ev says..have you seen the stuff that players do after a sack? if they did that after a TD they would be penalized. its just rediculous. Celebrating is one thing and the league should allow it bc you did a good job and should be able to celebrate. Taunting is another. the league really needs to look into celebration penalties its getting rediculous

Keith7
10-19-2010, 02:01 AM
you are right but the rule is stupid....like ev says..have you seen the stuff that players do after a sack? if they did that after a TD they would be penalized. its just rediculous. Celebrating is one thing and the league should allow it bc you did a good job and should be able to celebrate. Taunting is another. the league really needs to look into celebration penalties its getting rediculous

Celebrations after sacks and first downs fall under the same rules as post touchdown celebrations. While they are over the top, as along as they don't involve other players, aren't excessive and aren't choreographed, they are fine.

Every team plays by the same rules. Whining because the cowgirls can't seem to follow the rules is really the only thing ridiculous in this case.

coach
10-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Celebrations after sacks and first downs fall under the same rules as post touchdown celebrations. While they are over the top, as along as they don't involve other players, aren't excessive and aren't choreographed, they are fine.

Every team plays by the same rules. Whining because the cowgirls can't seem to follow the rules is really the only thing ridiculous in this case.

see thats my problem....you get penalized bc two guys hold up a sign but demarcus ware pounds the ground after sackiong a crap qb like mike vick or cevin cob....doesnt make sense to me

Keith7
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
see thats my problem....you get penalized bc two guys hold up a sign but demarcus ware pounds the ground after sackiong a crap qb like mike vick or cevin cob....doesnt make sense to me

if ware and spencer celebrate together by pounding the ground after making a tackle on a 5 yard gain (like they often do) then it is a penalty.

I think your problem here is that you don't really understand the rules of the game.

Besides, Sam Hurd didn't go to texass. Roy Williams is a crap receiver who needs to get over this college years. I would throw a flag for both those things right there.

coach
10-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
if ware and spencer celebrate together by pounding the ground after making a tackle on a 5 yard gain (like they often do) then it is a penalty.

I think your problem here is that you don't really understand the rules of the game.

Besides, Sam Hurd didn't go to texass. Roy Williams is a crap receiver who needs to get over this college years. I would throw a flag for both those things right there.

no i understand the rules perfectly. i am saying IMO the dware celebration is worse than what roy and sam did. im saying that the league should crack down on what ware does before they punish players from holding up a stupid sign. and whats the difference between four or 5 guys high fiving and chest bumping than what hurd and roy did.

ol country boy
10-19-2010, 09:48 AM
act like you have been there before!!!!!!!!

Ernest T Bass
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
If it happened in a high school game, there would be flags left and right and everyone would be talking about how classless they are. Why do we hold grown men who are making millions to a lower standard than 15-18 year old kids who play for free?

Bullaholic
10-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Keith--you're going to get the "Doesn't play well with others" box checked again on your report card....:D

I say let em' celebrate all they want provided it doesn't exceed a pre-set time limit, contain taunting in any form, or show bad taste in anyone's book. This is what NFL fans pay to see--the excitement of the game---and scoring is a big part of that and should be allowed to be celebrated by the pro fans and players alike.

trojandad
10-19-2010, 10:28 AM
is it just me or is it obvious that this whole celebration/severe hit infighting between the suits in the sky boxes and the players on the field is just one big p!ssing contest ?!?!?

JasperDog94
10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__27/ept_sports_nfl_experts-266592058-1287443004.jpg?ym8Ym8DDJSrb_KLM Technically it's not even the same hand signal. Hurd is giving the sign for "I love you" and Roy is giving the Hook 'em horns.

Rocket
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM

nm

D_bird
10-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Personally, I'd rather see my team or players celebrate together rather than see one idiot make a fool out of himself. If your going to penalize the team celebrations, then penalize the individual celebrations too. The rule itself is moronic in that sense