PDA

View Full Version : Bandera trying everything

bulldog82
10-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Bandera is suiting up it's first female kicker. She got her pads today, and should be kicking friday at G Navarro. What are everyones thoughts? I know there's a few others out the doing it. Just read an article about a female kicker kicking a 43 yarder.

'Necks 2013-14
10-19-2010, 07:06 AM
IMO if a female can make the kicks that your team needs it shouldn't matter. Just win baby!

Trashman
10-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
IMO if a female can make the kicks that your team needs it shouldn't matter. Just win baby!

I agree.:thinking: :thumbsup:

Trench Warrior
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Do you think it will be a distraction?

SintonFan
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Just think about Super Street Fighter(1,2 etc).
Those fem fatals always had strong legs.:nerd:
I remember my Ryu taking an occasional beatdown.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2010, 06:21 PM
"Back in the day" (last millenium lol when we were partying like it was 1999...oh wait, it was 1999!), Liberty Hill had TWO girls playing on JV. There were 13 on the JV that year, if I remember correctly, and that's including the girls. One of them played on the line, probably both. The other was a back or receiver, I forget what *our pal* had them running, but I do remember that she was the fastest on the team.

Heck, if she can KICK, who cares? I don't see it being a distraction unless the team/parents/fans let it be one.

bulldog82
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Trench Warrior
Do you think it will be a distraction?

0 and 7 is a distraction!

bulldog82
10-21-2010, 01:55 AM
had her at linebacker today vs freshman , shes a senior, didn't go so good for her. our fresh. are pretty good and she's never played so....

bulldog82
10-23-2010, 05:57 PM
well, bandera gave navarro a scare if thats possible,but still lost 32 to 48 navarro. my gripe, banderas first female kicker did not attempt any of the point afters, but on banderas final score with 20 seconds left , she had gone on to the field and was stepping of her steps when the offense corr. ran on to the field calling her off and sent the other kicker on ,WTH!!!! She went through the proper channels practice , with the team , took her knocks, why wasnt she given her chance? rumor has it , says we are already a laughing stock, dont want to make a circus out of it.

bag-o-chips
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Let me see Navarro up 48-25 and you score with 13 seconds. Let me say they were not scared just disappointed in letting Bandera score more points and not finishing the game by fumbling twice late in the game.

I agree it was wrong to pull her off the field and she should have been able to kick the XP.

Trench Warrior
10-24-2010, 04:05 PM
From what I understand. She was not to have gone out there in the first place. She put herself in the game. She had not kicked any of the XP all night. You are right she did go through the right channels, but think about the other kickers who have been there since day one. They have put in their time too. I was in the stands, and the OC took the brunt of the yells and it wasnt even his fault.

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Did she go through 2 a days or just walk on?

bulldog82
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
shes a walk on, we had another player,soccer player that was on team for the purpose of kicking, that hasnt kicked once because of some sort of injury. kicking position was wide open , our Qb is the best we have to offer, hes been battling injuries as well comming off a broken ankle last year and a sprain the start of the season. other is a wide out that does the punting. she being a soccer player as well was encouraged to walk on to help out with the kicking .

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Thats all good I guess, but as a parent I know if my child had been in the sport all year, I would think they get the shot first. Plus your kicker was pretty lights out on Friday. Put one in the endzone on a kickoff, and hit all but one xtra point I believe. Doesn't seem like he was having problems. I do feel bad for that OC though. We could hear yalls fans booing him from the other sideline. He pulled her out and went for two. Seems like the right decision to me.

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Rockdale had a girl who moved in from Caldwell and our coaches told us not to take it lightly on her. So our first play against her our division I linebacker gave her a concussion.

pancho villa
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Girls should not play football because they have small feet!

bulldog82
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Thats all good I guess, but as a parent I know if my child had been in the sport all year, I would think they get the shot first. Plus your kicker was pretty lights out on Friday. Put one in the endzone on a kickoff, and hit all but one xtra point I believe. Doesn't seem like he was having problems. I do feel bad for that OC though. We could hear yalls fans booing him from the other sideline. He pulled her out and went for two. Seems like the right decision to me.

true, but all said , its not like with 13 sec. we had a chance for the upset, but why not make alittle history in the process. after all good chance of going 0 and 10 for a little history, and i think a this point in the season any kid that can help the team that felt they didnt have a chance before has the opportunity to do so let them try, whats it going to hurt.

RoyceTTU
10-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
true, but all said , its not like with 13 sec. we had a chance for the upset, but why not make alittle history in the process. after all good chance of going 0 and 10 for a little history, and i think a this point in the season any kid that can help the team that felt they didnt have a chance before has the opportunity to do so let them try, whats it going to hurt.

I think the exact same argument could be said for wanting to keep her healthy. If they didn't have the chance of winning, why risk injury. I don't know, seems like a slippery one either way.

dirtysouth
10-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Most of you people on here disgust me with your thoughts about what you know or what you think you know or how you feel like your voice deserves to be heard. The bottom line is there is a right and wrong thing to do in all scenarios. Despite record, what the fans in the stands think or what anyone else thinks in regards to this situation you have to earn to be on the field. I hardly consider someone being out for a week earning the oppurtunity to play when all of the others have put their blood, sweat and unfortunatley this year a lot of tears into something. I know a few of you on here also profess to be avid Bulldog fans talking about how embarassing it it that The Bulldogs are 0-8 and are so quick to judge saying they are about to make history by going 0-10. This has been a tough and disappointing year thus far especially for the players and coaches who have spent a lot of time and hard work together and away from their families to try to put up a W at some point. Im sure they would much rather be hearing...man your season is not dead yet and in fact if you win these last two games you still have a shot at the playoffs. All the while there are players that hardly ever get to play on the Freshmen, JV and Varsity levels. They arent complaining!!! Youre not asking for equality youre asking for exceptions....so next time you think you have a good idea and that your voice needs to be heard on an issue try keeping your mouth shut.

Want some history.....why dontyour be a true fan and research the furthest a 2-8 team has ever been in the playoffs. Show them that somethings are possible and you can turn it around a bad season even when it is against all odds!!!

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 11:39 AM
All that I am saying is that this post was made out like she DESERVED a chance and that it was stolen from her by the mean OC. You are right it would not have made a difference, but making history doesnt seem all that important when the principle matter is the fact that there are a lot of kids who have been through the entire season and don't get a chance to play. But she walked on a week ago and everyone says she is entitled to play. What about all the second stringers that don't play but have been there since August.

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
Most of you people on here disgust me with your thoughts about what you know or what you think you know or how you feel like your voice deserves to be heard. The bottom line is there is a right and wrong thing to do in all scenarios. Despite record, what the fans in the stands think or what anyone else thinks in regards to this situation you have to earn to be on the field. I hardly consider someone being out for a week earning the oppurtunity to play when all of the others have put their blood, sweat and unfortunatley this year a lot of tears into something. I know a few of you on here also profess to be avid Bulldog fans talking about how embarassing it it that The Bulldogs are 0-8 and are so quick to judge saying they are about to make history by going 0-10. This has been a tough and disappointing year thus far especially for the players and coaches who have spent a lot of time and hard work together and away from their families to try to put up a W at some point. Im sure they would much rather be hearing...man your season is not dead yet and in fact if you win these last two games you still have a shot at the playoffs. All the while there are players that hardly ever get to play on the Freshmen, JV and Varsity levels. They arent complaining!!! Youre not asking for equality youre asking for exceptions....so next time you think you have a good idea and that your voice needs to be heard on an issue try keeping your mouth shut.

Want some history.....why dontyour be a true fan and research the furthest a 2-8 team has ever been in the playoffs. Show them that somethings are possible and you can turn it around a bad season even when it is against all odds!!!

Not trying to be a dbag, but by your logic, why should we listen to you either then if everyone else's opinions are a disgust...just saying.
Don't bash anothers opinion if you are going to be so critical on the subject. Thats what this is...a forum for people to share opinions...

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 11:46 AM
All that I am saying is that this post was made out like she DESERVED a chance and that it was stolen from her by the mean OC. You are right it would not have made a difference, but making history doesnt seem all that important when the principle matter is the fact that there are a lot of kids who have been through the entire season and don't get a chance to play. But she walked on a week ago and everyone says she is entitled to play. What about all the second stringers that don't play but have been there since August.
Then why let her walk on in WEEK 8 if you have had these kids with the "potential" to do the job...

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Then why let her walk on in WEEK 8 if you have had these kids with the "potential" to do the job...

I don't know why you let her on. The point that I am making is that there are other kids with that potential already. There should be no entitlement, she doesn't automatically get the chance.

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
The fans need to understand that as well and not make it into a situation that it didn't seem like it needed to be.

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't know why you let her on. The point that I am making is that there are other kids with that potential already. There should be no entitlement, she doesn't automatically get the chance.
Exactly so just don't let her walk on, or let if she does then make her earn it...there should absolutely be no entitlement in any facet of sports.

Nobody deserves anything. It should be earned and until then, sit your tail down

Trench Warrior
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey buddy me and you are on the same page here.

dirtysouth
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
And me!!

bulldog82
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I think if bandera plays the way they did against Navarro, and keeps mistakes to a min. they should have a good chance at getting a w against Boerne.

bulldog82
10-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by dirtysouth

In Response:
Most of you people on here disgust me with your thoughts about what you know or what you think you know or how you feel like your voice deserves to be heard. .
Thank you BaseballUmp –no one could have responded to this any better.The bottom line is there is a right and wrong thing to do in all scenarios. Despite record, what the fans in the stands think or what anyone else thinks in regards to this situation you have to earn to be on the field. . You are correct – I’m not the one who put her on the roster after a week, gave her a jersey; I’m not the one who went through the all the motions of having the pre-game kicking comp with no intentions of letting her kick.I hardly consider someone being out for a week earning the oppurtunity to play when all of the others have put their blood, sweat and unfortunatley this year a lot of tears into something. . I totally agree – but the situation was handled poorly from day one. Some of the players aren’t happy; some of the coaches apparently aren’t enthused with the situation, now the fans (which are moms and dads) are upset, to say the least.I know a few of you on here also profess to be avid Bulldog fans. You have this all wrong, I don’t profess to be an avid Bulldog fan - I AM A BULLDOG!!! talking about how embarassing it it that The Bulldogs are 0-8 and are so quick to judge saying they are about to make history by going 0-10. . Embarassed is the wrong word - just a very humbling experience, for everyone I should hope!!! This has been a tough and disappointing year thus far especially for the players and coaches who have spent a lot of time and hard work together and away from their families to try to put up a W at some point. . Coaches chose this profession, going into it they know the personal sacrifices that come with the job, they know the pats on the back when they are winning and the boos and jeers when they are losing. If it’s validation they’re looking for then they need to look for a new career path. Validation from coaching comes from within. Im sure they would much rather be hearing...man your season is not dead yet and in fact if you win these last two games you still have a shot at the playoffs. . Wow! How profound – is that anything like - throw them a bone every once in awhile? All the while there are players that hardly ever get to play on the Freshmen, JV and Varsity levels. They arent complaining!!! . No, they aren’t complaining – as a matter of fact they are the leaders. Youre not asking for equality youre asking for exceptions.... .No, I’m asking for others opinions –I think that the situation was handled wrong from the beginning so next time you think you have a good idea and that your voice needs to be heard on an issue try keeping your mouth shut. . Or you could just STOP READING!!!
Want some history.....why don’tyour be a true fan and research the furthest a 2-8 team has ever been in the playoffs. Show them that somethings are possible and you can turn it around a bad season even when it is against all odds!!! .NOW you want to try positive reinforcement – I thought they gave that up at week four!
Bandera could be 0-10 and I will still adorn my blue/white and show my BULLDOG PRIDE.

NastySlot
10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
can anyone not just a girl be allowed to come out and start playing in week 8?

why would anyone allow this?