PDA

View Full Version : LE DAD Video Tribute

Snotbubbles
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/vt_view.cfm?o_id=728476&fh_id=11635&s_id=99F867E35AAB1B96C2EBF4A8601B2814&vt_type=1

Man, this blows me away. 3ADownlow, is about family and friends.

ccmom
10-18-2010, 06:28 PM
This tragedy has been on my heart all day. What a beautiful video tribute. Thanks for sharing the link.

skins4life
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/vt_view.cfm?o_id=728476&fh_id=11635&s_id=99F867E35AAB1B96C2EBF4A8601B2814&vt_type=1

Man, this blows me away. 3ADownlow, is about family and friends. :thumbsup:

Rocket
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Very awesome. It makes me mad that I never got to shake his hand. I will say this about LE Dad. He is the only one on this board that truly got me riled up. Many attempted to do it, but he was a master at it!

I already miss him.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Very awesome. It makes me mad that I never got to shake his hand. I will say this about LE Dad. He is the only one on this board that truly got me riled up. Many attempted to do it, but he was a master at it!

I already miss him.

That made my eyes tear up and put a smile on my face at the same time....he would have LOVED to have heard that!!

I'm sure he is extending his arm, clenching his fist, pulling it back it and saying "YES" right about now!!!:)

eagleqb_14
10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
:( :( :(

Rocket
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That made my eyes tear up and put a smile on my face at the same time....he would have LOVED to have heard that!!

I'm sure he is extending his arm, clenching his fist, pulling it back it and saying "YES" right about now!!!:)

No doubt. I hope he can read that post!

I think it is important to show who you really are outside this board. Post your real name. Post your pic. Go to Meet and Greets. It adds so much more to who you are other than just a name and some smack. Seeing these pics just broke my heart. He seemed like a great guy.

YTBulldogs
10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
What a great man. What grade is his son in, and was this his first year on varsity?

Very sad. I can't imagine. God place your comfort hands upon this family now.:(

Downlowers, you mean a lot to me.

Bosqueville
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
RIP LE Dad... Brownwood fans are sad today.

LionFan72
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
As the hours turn to days, days to weeks, weeks to months, and months to years, you will shed a tear as we all do for your father! He was a good man and a great father, with an outstanding young man to his credit. As you grow older, it gets easier to accept, but never forgotten. All we ask as fathers is for our sons and daughters is you make us proud. I think you have answered his request. Prayers with you, for your sister, and family from Brownwood.

pirate4state
10-18-2010, 09:26 PM
:weeping:

I watched this earlier at work and couldn't help but smile & cry all at the same time. All I kept thinking about was that stupid thread where we were just badgering him to post his pic. LOL

Hey LE Dad, you look nothing like Danny Devito ;) I loved the pictures of him showing off his belly with his pregnant wife.

The love he had for his kids certainly shined through in all these pictures.

orange machine
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Gosh I didnt know LE Dad at all, but about 2 weeks ago we pm each other talking about ignoring Rocket from now on '' no offense Rocket'' and now he is gone just blows me away. I wish i could have met him looks and sounded like a cool dude. This reminds me why Jesus says Love each other, we including meself could learn alot about this and start showing each other more love and compassion verses fighting about who's team is best or how ignorant such and such person is because in the end the ignorant one is the one who doesnt love and forgive. Rocket and to anyone else im sorry for mouthing off and i really mean that. May God bless LE Dads family and give them stength.

bigwood33
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Gosh I didnt know LE Dad at all, but about 2 weeks ago we pm each other talking about ignoring Rocket from now on '' no offense Rocket'' and now he is gone just blows me away. I wish i could have met him looks and sounded like a cool dude. This reminds me why Jesus says Love each other, we including meself could learn alot about this and start showing each other more love and compassion verses fighting about who's team is best or how ignorant such and such person is because in the end the ignorant one is the one who doesnt love and forgive. Rocket and to anyone else im sorry for mouthing off and i really mean that. May God bless LE Dads family and give them stength.
Well said, OM, my friend.

hollywood
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM

Yes, this truly is a humbling event. I know some may take things a little serious on here from time to time. I don't, until something like this happens. It really puts life into perspective. Friends and family that love and care are priceless and this site has shown that. God bless all. It was awesome to see that in 2009 Carl's baptism certificate. God works in mysterious ways. One of the best sermons that I have ever witnessed was this passed Sunday in a little country church and it was titled "WAM". Whining and Murmuring. Basically, be greatful to others and the fact that God's plan is perfect. Don't be bitter towards others. It's contagious. Always be thankful for the blessings in your life and focus on those blessings. I know we banter back and forth as posters. Let it be in light heartedness knowing at the end of the day, someone like Carl made someone laugh or put a smile on someones face. RIP Carl. You have a beautiful family.

Rocket
10-18-2010, 10:02 PM

It's all good, homeslice...We already kissed and made up. remember? :inlove:

Eagle 1
10-18-2010, 10:10 PM
A very nice video, you can tell he loved his family.
I like the side by side pregnant wife pictures.
I can relate. :D

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

I already miss him.

Oh my, you aren't Mr. Mean and Nasty afterall.;)

Don't think you are off the hook. The rest of us have some big shoes to fill and I have a feeling LE Dad wouldn't have it any other way. We can now attempt to torture with a purpose.:wave: :D

lulu
10-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I noticed his certificate showing he gave his life to God just last year. Praise that.
His love for family was truly displayed in this tribute.

RIP Carl

Pendragon13
10-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Wow...I don't know how I missed this and all the other threads, but I just found out.:( Thoughts and prayers for the family of LEdad.

Rocket
10-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Oh my, you aren't Mr. Mean and Nasty afterall.;)

Don't think you are off the hook. The rest of us have some big shoes to fill and I have a feeling LE Dad wouldn't have it any other way. We can now attempt to torture with a purpose.:wave: :D

LOL I have been trying to tell you people it's all in fun. Lighten up! haha

BwdLions
10-19-2010, 09:58 AM
It's amazing how someone that you don't really know can make an impact on a messageboard like this. After watching that slideshow, it's almost like I knew him after all. I guess seeing the old pictures with his family brought back good memories from my childhood. (I'm about the age that Carl was). You can tell he was a great family man with a good sense of humor. He also was quite a character as you can tell from those pics. I know the DownLow will miss him.