PDA

View Full Version : 21-3a..... could it be any more unpredicting??

AP_OLB_1
10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
this district is so unpredicting..... no real teams stand out as being a powerhouse or any teams showing to be the underdogs... what do you think?

Matthew328
10-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Looks like Bridge City and Orangefield have the edge on the top 2 spots...however that third spot is totally up for grabs...winner of Anahuac-Hardin has a good shot at it..but don't count Hamshire-Fannett out or even Buna...I think Anahuac may get the last spot though..

Bobkat
10-21-2002, 07:28 AM
This week, like every week here lately, will have some big games. Orangefield and Buna should be a good one. These two teams just flat out don't like each other and with a playoff spot on the line both teams will be pumped. If Orangefield plays like they have the past two weeks I like their chances, but who knows when these two get together. Anahauc and Hardin is another big contest. Loser of this game is pretty much out of the playoff picture. Anahauc has to many weapons for Hardin and should win the game by a touchdown or two. Hardin-Jefferson and Hamshire-Fannett square off this Friday as well. This looked to be a huge game weeks back, but both teams have struggled recently and will need major help to get into the playoffs. I believe H-J has the edge in this game with their good passing game. Should be some good games, but will the playoff picture be any clearer after this week. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Orangefield 21
Buna 19

Anahauc 28
Hardin 14

H-Fannett 12
H-Jefferson 20

Bridge City 42
Kountze 12

Old Cardinal
10-21-2002, 07:57 PM
To AP-OLB-1: After your loss to OF, I would think you just might consider OF a cut above the rest! They popped H-F last week just to prove that it was not a fluke....Oh, remember BC topped them 36-0- their is a remote possibility that Bridge City's 30+ players in each game, might impress you that they could be considered "outstanding" also. We will see soon enough!

BigBoy85
10-21-2002, 08:47 PM
I believe that Bridge City has the District championship just about wrapped up.They play Kountze, Buna, then Anahuac,the last game will be the toughest of the three for the Cards,but I doubt that they will lose a game the rest of the regular season.I think Orangefield has secured 2nd place and I think that Anahuac has a good chance at squeezing in for the 3rd spot,possibly Hardin depending on the outcome of this weeks game.But, with the way things are going in this district,Im not to sure on who will be the Div II reps.
My Picks:
Anahuac 35 - Hardin 21
Hardin Jefferson 28 - Hamshire 20
Orangefield 24 - Buna 10
Bridge City 40 - Kountze 6

Good Luck to all teams until the end!

AP_OLB_1
10-21-2002, 10:26 PM
i do agree that orangefield has proven themselves but beating hf isnt a great deal to brag on.... their team seems to have had the bottom dropped out of them.... it seems that the only game they came to play in is when they played barbers hill and when they played us (anahuac).and we did get beat by of but if we wouldnt have turned the ball over in the red zone we would have won 28-20... our ofense controlled there defense the whole game... we just put the ball on the ground... and bc is a big force in this district... cant wait to play them

Bobkat
10-21-2002, 10:58 PM
And if Orangefield hadn't had two touchdowns called back because of holding penalties the score would have been 34-10...and Sauceda would have had almost 400 yards rushing on that great Anahauc defense. Bottomline, fumbles and penalties are part of the game. Orangefield outplayed Anahuac in the 2nd half of that game and got the victory in a hard fought battle.