PDA

View Full Version : Teams you love to beat

dab
07-28-2003, 09:19 AM
I was just wondering if there were any teams that you just love to beat. Teams that talk a lot of trash before and during the game, but get whipped in the end...

Bellville22
07-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Sealy, Bellville could beat Sealy for the next 50 years and I wouldn't get tired of it. One of the great rivalries in Texas. Both schools respect the other program, but hate them as well. Always a packed house on that special Friday night.

3afan2K3
07-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Commerce and Crandall

http://etfpa.org/friday_wel.gif

Rabbit'93
07-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Kaufman Lions

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-28-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm sure that there are some schools that have many rivalries. The Graham Steers have won the district 5 AAA the past four years and then failed to even win one bi-district game -- not too good for our district representative. I would love to see them get beat this year by anyone, especially by Vernon. Hold on I'm not done yet, Also, I would like to see Vernon beat Altus Oklahoma in Altus this year. But more than any other team, I would like to see Vernon beat Iowa Park. They both should have good teams and add in Graham and this trio will decide the playoff mix.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-28-2003, 02:47 PM
One more: in our neighboring district, I saw that some Abilene Wylie fans talk a lot of trash on the message boards about everyone they play, so I would like to see Ballinger take it to Wylie this year.

pirate4state
07-28-2003, 02:58 PM
3afan2K3:
Commerce and Crandall

http://etfpa.org/friday_wel.gifDude, that is an awesome little slide show thing you have going!!

As far as teams our team/town wink like to beat?? I'd have to say Odem, Taft & Mathis!! They all like to talk trash, but now that Adrian is gone I wonder what Taft will be crying about?? :D

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

pero chato
07-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
One more: in our neighboring district, I saw that some Abilene Wylie fans talk a lot of trash on the message boards about everyone they play, so I would like to see Ballinger take it to Wylie this year.Yes Wylie and Ballinger have a nice nasty rivalry going. It gets down and dirty on BOTH sides. We at Wylie view it as a warmup for the playoffs, since it's normally the last game of the year. Ballinger goes division 2, and we go division 1, so we don't face each other after district. As far as the trash talk, please spare me if you think we have the market cornered. I read plenty of trash talk from some of the alleged Ballinger fans. I say "alleged" because it's a fact that kids get on these message boards and claim to be from one school when they are from another. We do have our share of punks, tho, as all schools do. As far as the game this year, it looks like Ballinger has a good shot of winning it. Can't wait for kickoff in one month!

sinton66
07-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dude, that is an awesome little slide show thing you have going!!

As far as teams our team/town wink like to beat?? I'd have to say Odem, Taft & Mathis!! They all like to talk trash, but now that Adrian is gone I wonder what Taft will be crying about?? :D [/qb]They'll be crying about getting beat by whomever succeeds him! :D :D :D

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

jason
07-28-2003, 07:00 PM
CRANDULL

slpybear the bullfan
07-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Having been a bull...

I love to see us Beat Decatur... WDA!!!

After that, give me...

Aledo
Kennedale
Graham
Vernon
Iowa Park
and Boyd for good measure...

espn1
07-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Liberty Hill & LLano
http://www22.ureach.com/6702400i6X/cgi-bin/fcget?id=543565.1010827776.66560&fname=bdog3

theyoefnshow
07-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Caldwell and Rockdale are always fun to lay the smacketh down on. Hearne is always a track meet when we play them as well.

Bobkat
07-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Hamshire Fannett Longhorns!!!
Buna Cougars!!!
Bridge City Cardinals!!!

Orangefield has a bitter rivalry with Buna and HF. We simply don't like each other, and we can never beat these two teams enough. As for Bridge City, it's a new rivalry with both teams respecting the other. Both schools are only a few miles apart, so when these two butt heads it's sometimes against friends and family. I would love to beat them, mainly because we haven't yet in our brief history of playing.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

kaorder1999
07-28-2003, 09:03 PM
crandall pirates....

kaorder1999
07-28-2003, 09:08 PM
and...commerce tigers....forgot bout them!

the tigers are back
07-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah... i like this topic. I would agree with you bellville 22 babybull. We love to beat bellville and la grange, but the past 2 years the bulls has pulled it off. La grange on the other hand they upset us last year, but this year we hope to put those ywo teams away.Say bull i hope you don't have no hate in your heart,because that's foul; so bring it. eek!

District303aPastPlayer
07-28-2003, 09:38 PM
sinton66:

Originally posted by pirate4state
Dude, that is an awesome little slide show thing you have going!!

As far as teams our team/town wink like to beat?? I'd have to say Odem, Taft & Mathis!! They all like to talk trash, but now that Adrian is gone I wonder what Taft will be crying about?? :D They'll be crying about getting beat by whomever succeeds him! :D :D :D [/QB]Or the fact that PJ is still there, and he moved to Sinton from Taft.

sinton66
07-28-2003, 09:46 PM
It's funny to me, if I lived in Taft, I'd move to Sinton too! :D :D :D

Chief Woodman
07-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Love to beat those cry baby bullies from Bridgeport. Last year on the night of the JV game your varsity players were mouthing our guys as they came in the stadium (many crude things that cannot be said here...heard 'em say it...they had no idea who I was) One thing they kept saying was "you guys have not lost because you have not played anybody that is good". After the game friday our guys were sure to tell them we still had not played anyone who was good. Slpybear...WDA? more like kiss DA. Even with PD you guys went 1-2 against us in football the last three years. Looks like you guys wont win for at least 2 more years. Last season Decatur beat the cry baby bullies in football, cross country, 4 times in basketball, 3 times in baseball, twice in softball, killed ya in track. WDA? If beating Decatur is what you love.....you don't get much lovin'. Winning against ya would not be near as much fun except all your players loud and foul mouths prior to the game.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-28-2003, 10:31 PM
As far as my personal experience when I played, we loved beating these particular teams (in 1994), and the reason why.

Edcouch-Elsa - They were the defending 32-4A champs when we played them (PI 28, EE 20), and they ended up repeating as 32-4A champs. Their loss to PI was their only loss in the regular season. They did beat 2 5A teams along the way (Harlingen South, and Donna) after their loss to PI.

Los Fresnos - Battle of Highway 100, main rivalry. (they played us tough, but we pulled away to a 39-7 lead before they pulled to within 39-27, the final score)

Rio Hondo - Always talk trash to us, they WERE undefeated until we beat them 49-7.

La Feria - Same reason as Rio Hondo. They even talked trash to us at our BAND competition the week before we played them!!!! (and we beat them 41-7)

Marine Military Academy (Harlingen) - Not only did this team beat the 32-5A runner-up San Benito (35-24), they played the 32-5A champions Harlingen Cardinals to a 24-24 tie. Then PI comes along in Week 10 and beats MMA on their home field 52-14. Knowing you just dominated a team that competed well against 5A competition is pretty satisfying, i'd say.

Cuero - This one was the MOST satisfying. Wouldn't YOU and your teammates want to knock off the #1 team in the state after they annihilated your team the year before 63-8 ????
(Officialy, we didn't beat Cuero, we tied Cuero 20-20, but advanced via penetrations 5-3)

pres. ya ya ya pinky
07-28-2003, 10:35 PM
All other 3A teams, which was proven last season!!! :p :p :p

HotDawg89
07-28-2003, 10:54 PM
I think I have always loved to see Burnet beat Llano...Liberty Hill was a great game to win last year, as we were both undefeated and it was last game before playoffs...that was a wild win. But this year, I think it is going to be Bandera. We spanked them last year, they won state, and we were so proud for them, but it is going to be fun this year!

VWG
07-28-2003, 10:59 PM
I can think of some good rivalries.
Bridgeport - Decatur, battle of Wise County.
Celina - Pilot Point, now a good 3A duel.
In dist. 5-3A you basically have 3 teams the past few years battling each other in good games.
Vernon, Iowa Park, and Graham. Graham has had the advantage the past few years over everyone in district, but Vernon and IP are always close, good fought contests.
One of the best games I have seen in the past few years was about 3 years ago when Vernon lost to Graham in a double OT game in Vernon. Both teams came into the game undefeated in district, last game of the reg. season, and dist. title on the line. Standing room only crowd, and Graham won in OT against the Lions.
Breckenridge and Graham have been playing against each other since, well... forever, and both teams look forward to the rivalry game. Unfortunately Breckenridge has been overmatched and Graham has dominated that series. Tough to compete when Graham has an enrollment of almost 300 kids more than Breckenridge.

3afan2K3
07-28-2003, 10:59 PM
ttt

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

espn1
07-28-2003, 11:14 PM
3afan2K3:
I can't wait to beat Burnet in the State Championship
http://etfpa.org/yall_wish.gifYou better make a better showing than you did at the 7 on 7 tournament.
http://www23.ureach.com/7302400g4o/cgi-bin/fcget?id=543565.1019216128.66560&fname=bdog1%20pic
http://www23.ureach.com/7302400g4o/cgi-bin/fcget?id=543565.1006633472.66560&fname=bdog2

slpybear the bullfan
07-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Chief Woodman:
Love to beat those cry baby bullies from Bridgeport. Last year on the night of the JV game your varsity players were mouthing our guys as they came in the stadium (many crude things that cannot be said here...heard 'em say it...they had no idea who I was) One thing they kept saying was "you guys have not lost because you have not played anybody that is good". After the game friday our guys were sure to tell them we still had not played anyone who was good. Slpybear...WDA? more like kiss DA. Even with PD you guys went 1-2 against us in football the last three years. Looks like you guys wont win for at least 2 more years. Last season Decatur beat the cry baby bullies in football, cross country, 4 times in basketball, 3 times in baseball, twice in softball, killed ya in track. WDA? If beating Decatur is what you love.....you don't get much lovin'. Winning against ya would not be near as much fun except all your players loud and foul mouths prior to the game.Yeah Woodsman, I hear you. Bridgeport players are the only ones to ever mouth and act like "HS Kids" before a game. Give me a break. If you believe that then you also believe that Decatur will stay "Dry" for another 100 years.

Lighten' up a little, Woodsman. For every story you can tell me about Bridgeport kids being unruly, I can tell you one about Decatur kids doing the same. And Chico kids... and Alvord kids... and Boyd kids... And they aren't just hearsay. They are stories where I was there.

If you took the time to read my posts on this board, you would see where I have been Dang generous in my compliments to Decatur and their football, softball programs. *Gasp* I even follow their programs, attending playoff games and wishing them well and rooting for our county teams.

Glad to see you appreciate that pal.

If you can't handle a little bit of "talk" between two very old HS rival schools and towns, then I am sorry. But that won't stop it.

Yup, Decatur is up. No one in Bridgeport made any excuses for last year. You guys just cleaned us out. But we still love beating the heck out of you guys in sports, academics, and anything else. Its called a rivalry and it goes both ways. Good luck with your program and I hope ya'll go far.

WDA
BOOMB

slpybear

3afan2K3
07-28-2003, 11:19 PM
nm

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

JasperDog94
07-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Ahh yeah, the trash talking has begun. Burnet people were quick to point out the Jasper posters that kept talking about being in the finals last year. I still think Burnet is the favorite, but let's not get ahead of ourselves... wink

HotDawg89
07-29-2003, 09:58 AM
JasperDog94:
Ahh yeah, the trash talking has begun. Burnet people were quick to point out the Jasper posters that kept talking about being in the finals last year. I still think Burnet is the favorite, but let's not get ahead of ourselves... wink Burnet people??? What about Forney? I believe this thing was started by a "Forney person" the Forney person is the one who put Burnet in the State Championship against them... don't get ahead of yourself assuming it is Burnet... comments like that are the comments that cause people to think it is Burnet with the big head and the trash to talk...when in reality, it is people so quick to give the nod to Burnet, who are doing it.

<small>[ July 29, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Chief Woodman
07-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Slpybear...just ta let ya know...just friendly mouthing here too. I follow your schools sucesses especially the great golf program you folks have. (Certified duffer here). Hope to meet ya at the game or even before...good luck and here is to an injury free season for all. PS- you work in Decatur don't ya? Maybe lunch sometime....c ya

Kiss DA....lol

Matthew328
07-29-2003, 01:06 PM
Kennedale....of course I could take Everman losing to Kennedale if it means winning 3 in a row!

rholl
07-29-2003, 01:16 PM
ahmen to Kennedale Matt.....but I have to bring up one from the past...Cleburne!!!! I'm sure they hold a "special" place in your heart from the hardwoods!!! That is the singlemost town I loved to see the look on their faces as we did a victory dance!!! Matt...were you ever around in early 80's when Everman used to do a "victory lap" around the track after football wins?

old dragon
07-29-2003, 02:24 PM
The Gilmer Buckeyes love beating the Gladewater Bears and vice-versa.Now we love beating Daingerfield and Springhill.Until recently the Springhill rivalry was nonexistence,they have been bad news the last 4/5 years.What can I say about those tough Tigers from D-town except we will get you when it counts,hopefully this year.

Rabbit'93
07-29-2003, 03:00 PM
People from Burnet please excuse 2K3. His attitude does not reflect the same for all Forney fans. I would hate to be the one predicting a state title victory before one windsprint has been run.

BuckeyeGuy
07-29-2003, 09:42 PM
Gladewater, because they are only 15 miles from Gilmer; Daingerfield, because somebody needs to bring them back down to earth and the real world; Spring Hill because they always think they are better than they really are.

slpybear the bullfan
07-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Chief Woodman:
Slpybear...just ta let ya know...just friendly mouthing here too. I follow your schools sucesses especially the great golf program you folks have. (Certified duffer here). Hope to meet ya at the game or even before...good luck and here is to an injury free season for all. PS- you work in Decatur don't ya? Maybe lunch sometime....c ya

Kiss DA....lolWell, ChiefWoodman, I do indeed work in Decatur. I kind of equate it with what missionaries must feel like... LOL.

Tell you what, why don't you PM me and maybe we can meet for Lunch or before a game.

Here's to a good year, hope the Eagles can go farther and hope the Bulls have a good rebuilding year.

Slpybear

PS - I too am a duffer, although a veeerrryyy amateur one. And I firmly believe in the adage that they named it G-O-L-F because S-*-I-T was already taken ! :p

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-30-2003, 12:23 AM
VWG:
I can think of some good rivalries.
Bridgeport - Decatur, battle of Wise County.
Celina - Pilot Point, now a good 3A duel.
In dist. 5-3A you basically have 3 teams the past few years battling each other in good games.
Vernon, Iowa Park, and Graham. Graham has had the advantage the past few years over everyone in district, but Vernon and IP are always close, good fought contests.
One of the best games I have seen in the past few years was about 3 years ago when Vernon lost to Graham in a double OT game in Vernon. Both teams came into the game undefeated in district, last game of the reg. season, and dist. title on the line. Standing room only crowd, and Graham won in OT against the Lions.
Breckenridge and Graham have been playing against each other since, well... forever, and both teams look forward to the rivalry game. Unfortunately Breckenridge has been overmatched and Graham has dominated that series. Tough to compete when Graham has an enrollment of almost 300 kids more than Breckenridge.Hey, I was at the Graham / Vernon game and you were right. It was a great game. Although I felt sick to my stomache after Vernon lost, Graham had such a good team and I think it helped Vernon to get it together for a nice playoff run. Hope to see some more good ones like that this year, but of course with my Lions on top!

Matthew328
07-30-2003, 03:38 PM
rholl, I remember a little of the old victory laps after wins at home...and yes Cleburne is one school I'd love to beat...too bad we are 4-12 against em all time...my dad says that 1984 game against Cleburne at Everman was one of the best games he ever saw...2 9-0 teams going at it in gront of a packed house at Everman...luckily the Bulldogs got a hard fought win...I don't remember that game..first game I really remember was the 1984 playoff loss to Brewer...I was 4 at the time..

rholl
07-30-2003, 03:49 PM
Ouch..that makes me feel old.....84 was our last yr. also defeating Brownwood at Brownwood. Losing to Brewer left a bitter taste but then Brewer went out west to get a mudhole stomped in them by sweetwater so that made us feel a little better!!

true_blue_tiger
07-30-2003, 06:28 PM
I would like to beat everyone on our schedule, then everyone that we would face in the playoffs. or Gilmer, cause according to their coach, they will be state champs. Dont count your chicks before they hatch.

ThaRealBulldog
07-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Talking trash wise Center takes the cake, That's why we(carthage) love to whip them. Henderson is the biggest rival since well forever.

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: ThaRealBulldog ]</small>

big bird fan
07-31-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't know, I think the most fun I've seen in watching the guys play against teams in 21-3A had to be Orangefield. The whole cross town rival thing, it made it really entertaining. And it was always fun to see the guys so happy after they beat them.

cubs
07-31-2003, 07:00 PM
Well - it didn't say whether it was current or past - but for me - it was that back in the day 3A rivalry between Azle and Brewer. That was great fun! And, of course - it was always much more fun to beat Brewer at Bear Satdium on their home turf than at Azle. Just to make note of how long those memories last - when we moved to White Settlement after getting married (way back in '80 - ha!) those guys were still talking about never having beaten my graduating class from 7th grade thru their senior year - well, actually longer than that if ya counted pee wee's. LOL - Rivalries are always fun. Cubs

merlin69
08-01-2003, 08:35 AM
All forney fans love to beat crandall from junior high on up. the funny thing is that not alot of people outside forney know that crandall has only one win against forney all time in the 50 something year history of the rivalry.

SWTdawg
08-03-2003, 07:52 PM
pres. ya ya ya pinky:
All other 3A teams, which was proven last season!!! :p :p :p My ass!!! Burnet I believe kicked you guys all over the field last season, to bad you weren't in D1 and we could have done it again. But this year, we'll see you in Bandera, if you think that might help some...

mustang04
08-05-2003, 10:08 PM
NOW I KNOW EVERYONE IS SAYING WHO THEY LIKE TO BEAT AND STUFF....BUT WHO I HATE BEING BEAT BY, AS A SWEETWATER MUSTANG, IS GETTIN BEAT BY :( OURSELVES!!!
ANYONE AGREE???

3afan2K3
08-05-2003, 10:15 PM
merlin69:
All forney fans love to beat crandall from junior high on up. the funny thing is that not alot of people outside forney know that crandall has only one win against forney all time in the 50 something year history of the rivalry.I didn't even know that.
I cant wait until we play them. Hopefully forney will win, but noone will know until the final buzzer has buzzed at the end of the game.

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2003, 10:35 PM
3afan2K3:

merlin69:
All forney fans love to beat crandall from junior high on up. the funny thing is that not alot of people outside forney know that crandall has only one win against forney all time in the 50 something year history of the rivalry.I didn't even know that.
I cant wait until we play them. Hopefully forney will win, but noone will know until the final buzzer has buzzed at the end of the game.You know, for all the trash you talk, you sure don't know much about our school's history, do you? That's the one stat that almost everybody knows--even if they don't like sports.

pirateman98
08-06-2003, 03:14 AM
For me teams that I would love to see us bet are, Mathis, Odem, and any team that has Bulldogs as there mascot(Crockett, Evermen, Burnet).They always seem to get the best of us. I say this in respect and not in spite. They are and were(Crockett) very good teams. I only say Crockett use to be becauce I haven't heard much from them in a long time. Lots of love Crockett.
Good Luck this year to everyone and GO PIRATES!!!!

Gilmer Buckeye
08-06-2003, 05:26 PM
true_blue_tiger:
I would like to beat everyone on our schedule, then everyone that we would face in the playoffs. or Gilmer, cause according to their coach, they will be state champs. Dont count your chicks before they hatch.According to the coach, he was quoted out of context. He conditioned his statement with a lot of variables such as "if this, if that and if the other thing ... THEN we will win state."

Incidentally, I know both the coach and the reporter who supposedly misquoted him. I have to go with the coach's version of what was said. Without an actual tape of the event, it is one man's word against another's.

Nevertheless, what was said and what was printed is behind us now and Gilmer will put on a show this season, that's for sure. Fans will get their money's worth watching the Buckeyes play. They always do.

merlin69
08-08-2003, 09:12 AM
You know, for all the trash you talk, you sure don't know much about our school's history, do you? That's the one stat that almost everybody knows--even if they don't like sports.
ok crazy journalist i think the beating you took in the bathroom at the forney game impaired your reading ability. notice i said "people outside forney." and i am not talkin trash, its just a fact that forney owns crandall.

3afan2K3
08-08-2003, 09:31 AM
merlin69

ok crazy journalist i think the beating you took in the bathroom at the forney game impaired your reading ability. notice i said "people outside forney." and i am not talkin trash, its just a fact that forney owns crandall.[/qb] Man you just got told.

<small>[ August 08, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

merlin69
08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
yes indeed...

3afan2K3
08-08-2003, 10:19 AM
HAHAHA im still laughing!!! Merlin check PM

<small>[ August 08, 2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>