PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville at Argyle

firstdown
10-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Argyle has not lost a home game going on 3 years. Does Gainesville have shot.

RPF2666
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
No.

Gsquared
10-18-2010, 08:23 AM
I was a bit suprised that Gainesville took Pilot Point out last week.

BullBoy
10-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Argylr is going to crush g-ville! just out of curiosity when was the last time Argyle lost at home and what team did they lose to?:thinking:

BullBoy
10-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
Argyle is going to crush g-ville! just out of curiosity when was the last time Argyle lost at home and what team did they lose to?:thinking:

had to make a correction, i type too fast sometimes and make mistakes on words.:doh:

firstdown
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I think if I remember right our last loss at home was to your bulls in early October 2007. Surely you remember that don't ya?

EagleMaster23
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Gainesville has no chance.

Bullaholic
10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Argyle and about 4 other teams are playing at a level above the rest of 3A right now. I think G'ville will make a decent showing, but Argyle is one of the "for real" teams right now.

OldNavy
10-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I was a bit suprised that Gainesville took Pilot Point out last week.

I am sure Gainesville had a little to do with Pilot Point giving up 6 turnovers. I think Gainesville had one, so a delta of 5 turnovers will cost you. Even with those turnovers Gainesville won by 3 points. A good win for Gainesville, but I think there is a big difference between Argyle's defense and Pilot Point's. Argyle should have little trouble with Gainesville.

I think with a win over either Sanger or Aubrey, Gainesville goes to the playoffs. I think things are looking up for their program.

Keith7
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Gainesville by 3

PPSTATEBOUND
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I am sure Gainesville had a little to do with Pilot Point giving up 6 turnovers. I think Gainesville had one, so a delta of 5 turnovers will cost you. Even with those turnovers Gainesville won by 3 points. A good win for Gainesville, but I think there is a big difference between Argyle's defense and Pilot Point's. Argyle should have little trouble with Gainesville.

I think with a win over either Sanger or Aubrey, Gainesville goes to the playoffs. I think things are looking up for their program.

The 10 holding penalties and 6 turnovers were unwrapped then taken home...Congrats Gainesville.

Argyle by 40+

BullBoy
10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I think if I remember right our last loss at home was to your bulls in early October 2007. Surely you remember that don't ya?

:D that's what i thought but i wasn't sure, J.J. Harp was the QB for Argyle right? i may be wrong so correct me if i am, to be honest i really did not expect Bridgeport to win that game. but yeah yall are going to destroy G-Ville.:D

BLACK ATTACK
10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Gainesville by 3

Do you smoke your drugs, or swallow them, cause you must be high on something

Pick6
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
The 10 holding penalties and 6 turnovers were unwrapped then taken home...Congrats Gainesville.

Argyle by 40+

From reading the stats there was 24 penalties, does that mean Gville had 14 penalties? Turnovers do hurt a team, but how many were because of the defense creating them?

You're right Argyle should win easily next week. PP has Aubrey right? I was surprised that Aubrey gave Sanger a good fight. Where is that game gonna be played at? PP should win if they play error free ball.

MoveInDad
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Argyle by a lot... they started out beating Lovejoy and keep getting better.
Argyle 49
G'ville 13

RPF2666
10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Gainesville by 3

Gainesville is coming, but they ain't there yet...

Argyle will have their way with the Leopards...

PPSTATEBOUND
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
From reading the stats there was 24 penalties, does that mean Gville had 14 penalties? Turnovers do hurt a team, but how many were because of the defense creating them?

You're right Argyle should win easily next week. PP has Aubrey right? I was surprised that Aubrey gave Sanger a good fight. Where is that game gonna be played at? PP should win if they play error free ball.

Gainesville had 10-85 in penalties, and I wasn't at the game so I cant help you on anything else.

Bruce
10-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I listen to the game on radio, while I was at Collinsville and Lindsay game. Gainesville was all over PP. Gainesville passing game gave PP big time trouble along with its running game.

Pick6 ,I saw a good game between Lindsay and Collinsville, I was thinking Lindsey would have been a little better than they were.Thanks!

bigcat8
10-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Gainesville has a very talented group of seniors.... Not much beyond that... Good luck to the Leps.. Hope they make the playoffs
Originally posted by RPF2666
Gainesville is coming, but they ain't there yet...

Argyle will have their way with the Leopards...

firstdown
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Gainesville by 3

Keith I give you credit you never ever think your team is gonna get beat. That being said you need to cut back on the alcohol in that green kool-aid you are drinking. I think you boys make the playoffs this year but I'm not sure you get within 28 on Friday.

Pick6
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Bruce

Pick6 ,I saw a good game between Lindsay and Collinsville, I was thinking Lindsey would have been a little better than they were.Thanks!

Was a good game. Turnovers and special teams hurt Lindsay. My nephew did have 3 TD's for Lindsay. Lindsay/Muenster and Cville/Muenster should be a couple of good games in the coming weeks.

Lombardi
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I agree bigcat> make the Playoffs in 2010> The Leopards have Some very good seniors> 2011 may be tough on the Leps>
Originally posted by bigcat8
Gainesville has a very talented group of seniors.... Not much beyond that... Good luck to the Leps.. Hope they make the playoffs

Keith7
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Keith I give you credit you never ever think your team is gonna get beat. That being said you need cut back on the alcohol in that green kool-aid your drinking. I think you boys make the playoffs this year but I'm not sure you get within 28 on Friday.

Gainesville has got nothing to lose.. Argyle meanwhile is on top of the world and has everything to lose.. My prediction is that world comes crashing down against a very good, athletic Gainesville team..

Gainesville 17
Argyle 14

Bruce
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Those should be some good games, from what I hear, Muenster is the team to beat. I also think Gainseville will give Argyle a good game. Argyle has too much going for than for me to say, that Gainesville wins this one. Will be a good game.Thanks!

firstdown
10-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Gainesville has got nothing to lose.. Argyle meanwhile is on top of the world and has everything to lose.. My prediction is that world comes crashing down against a very good, athletic Gainesville team..

Gainesville 17
Argyle 14

Will you be at the game? If so send me a pm and if you get to town early I'll buy ya a taco... Your stomach will be to upset to eat after the game.

Argyle 47
Gainesville 7

RPF2666
10-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Nothing to lose won"t cut it!

Keith7
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Will you be at the game? If so send me a pm and if you get to town early I'll buy ya a taco... Your stomach will be to upset to eat after the game.

Argyle 47
Gainesville 7

haha no, I won't be at the game. I live near Houston now. It's really too bad because there is nothing I enjoy more than free tacos and Gainesville Leopard wins.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Gainesville was all over PP. Gainesville passing game gave PP big time trouble along with its running game. [/B]

Oh phukn Please.....

:rolley

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/highschools/football/stories/DRC_pilotpointfootball_1016.194d7a8a8.html

RPF2666
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
You'd get a taco....;)

Keith7
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh phukn Please.....

:rolley

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/highschools/football/stories/DRC_pilotpointfootball_1016.194d7a8a8.html

Looks like Gainesville dominated in all categories.. Maybe the score shoulda been more like this:

Gainesville 42
Pilot Point 7

But Gainesville was saving something for this week against Argyle

Bruce
10-18-2010, 01:52 PM
PPstatebound, if Gainesville had not been all over your team why in world did PP lose . PP just took a good Ole South End kicking. Very simple, PP got beat.Thanks!

Pick6
10-18-2010, 01:55 PM
PPstatebound, if Gainesville had not been all over your team why in world did PP lose . PP just took a good Ole South End kicking. Very simple, PP got beat.Thanks!

Also looks like PP's streak of consecutive winning seasons is going to end this year.

BLACK ATTACK
10-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Gainesville 17
Argyle 14

OK, let's be real.

Argyle: Whatever they decide
Gainesville: 7 (late in the fourth)

Bruce
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
PPStatebound ,a newspaper story about the game between PP and Gainesville, a good read. Thanks!

http://www.gainesvilleregister.com/localsports/x1303129358/Point-taken

3app
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
PPStatebound ,a newspaper story about the game between PP and Gainesville, a good read. Thanks!

you can read all the newspapers u want statebound was clearly
at the game...he speaks the truth

Bruce
10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Statebound could have been at the game, but he did say in another post "Gainesville had 10-85 in penalties, and I wasn't at the game so I cant help you on anything else." Someone not being truthfull here. Maybe I missed something.Thanks!

OPERATOR
10-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Argyle 42

Gainesville 21

orange machine
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
I would like to see Gainsville keep the game close, but i think Argyle is way to much.

Argyle 35
Gainsville 13

Keith7
10-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Statebound could have been at the game, but he did say in another post "Gainesville had 10-85 in penalties, and I wasn't at the game so I cant help you on anything else." Someone not being truthfull here. Maybe I missed something.Thanks!

ruh ro.. not a good start for 3app :doh:

LionFan72
10-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Argyle by 21! See you in the playoffs!

MajorApplehorn
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
I won't predict what is going to happen, but I want to clear up Gainesville's performance against Pilot Point.

Gainesville completed only 7 of 13 passes. Three of these were td's. two of those td's were complete luck. Here's why:

1 td was a sprint out pass to the left where Lewis threw the ball 40-50 yards in the air to the back of the endzone, that luckily went into the hands of the double-covered tight end.

the other td (game decider) came seconds before the half when Lewis heaved up a prayer to the sophomore #20 on a fade down the right sideline. He was double covered and made a Crabtree-esque play on it as both defenders missed the tackle. The only reason Gainesville had the ball was because Pilot Point tried to run a play in the final seconds of the half, with the lead, and Price fumbled.

Without these 2 plays, Gainesville loses.

Keith7
10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by MajorApplehorn
I won't predict what is going to happen, but I want to clear up Gainesville's performance against Pilot Point.

Gainesville completed only 7 of 13 passes. Three of these were td's. two of those td's were complete luck. Here's why:

1 td was a sprint out pass to the left where Lewis threw the ball 40-50 yards in the air to the back of the endzone, that luckily went into the hands of the double-covered tight end.

the other td (game decider) came seconds before the half when Lewis heaved up a prayer to the sophomore #20 on a fade down the right sideline. He was double covered and made a Crabtree-esque play on it as both defenders missed the tackle. The only reason Gainesville had the ball was because Pilot Point tried to run a play in the final seconds of the half, with the lead, and Price fumbled.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Calling TDs luck :doh: :doh:

Sounds to me like Lewis made some good passes and Gainesville took advantage of turnovers..

Kinda sad so many people can't give Gainesville credit :doh:

PPSTATEBOUND
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM

LOL...this stat man needs to fired or quit smiking that stuff found in Gainesville. Thanks.:)

PPSTATEBOUND
10-19-2010, 12:53 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL

Calling TDs luck :doh: :doh:

Sounds to me like Lewis made some good passes and Gainesville took advantage of turnovers..

Kinda sad so many people can't give Gainesville credit :doh:

Keith you were there..your take on the td hail mary catches?

oh and Argyle by 40+

Keith7
10-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Keith you were there..your take on the td hail mary catches?

oh and Argyle by 40+

Just like you, I wasn't there. But, he didn't say they were hail marys. He said they were "double covered" I see Peyton Manning throw to double covered receivers every Sunday. Doesn't make them luck.. Makes them on-the-money, accurate throws. If a receiver has a beat on the defense, it doesn't matter how many players are chasing him.

The fact is that Gainesville found a way to win. Just like they will do Friday night against Argyle.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM

The fact is that Gainesville found a way to win. Just like they will do Friday night against Argyle.

FAIL......:p

oh Yea...Argyle by 40+

Bruce
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
The way things look from here on out, its going to be Dist 9-3A:Playoff teams.
Argyle
Sanger
Gainesville

Unless things happen, and in high school football anything can happen and change real quick.Thanks!

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Just like you, I wasn't there. But, he didn't say they were hail marys. He said they were "double covered" I see Peyton Manning throw to double covered receivers every Sunday. Doesn't make them luck.. Makes them on-the-money, accurate throws. If a receiver has a beat on the defense, it doesn't matter how many players are chasing him.

First of all, Lewis wouldn't make a pimple on Peyton Manning's A$$, so that is a bogus reference. As far as Gainesville's chances Friday night, you have to be only wanting to stir the pot, or strike up conversation, because to actually believe that they can even stay close to Argyle is ridiculous.

Pick6
10-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
because to actually believe that they can even stay close to Argyle is ridiculous.

Wow, Argyle has a few fans that I didn't think they had. I've heard about them, never seen them. I guess winning a few games brings out all kinds.

firstdown
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Wow, Argyle has a few fans that I didn't think they had. I've heard about them, never seen them. I guess winning a few games brings out all kinds.

I have been around since August of 07 (a year longer than you). Don't post quite as much as others but I am still here win lose or draw. That being said I'm glad to have a little additional support for the Argyle Eagles.

Pick6
10-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I have been around since August of 07 (a year longer than you). Don't post quite as much as others but I am still here win lose or draw. That being said I'm glad to have a little additional support for the Argyle Eagles.

Not talking about # of posters...lol...and i've enjoyed the posts of yours that i've read.

Bruce
10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
I was going to post my score between these two teams, but I see now ,if do not want the first degree from BLACK ATTACK ,I better go with a high end score for BLACK ATTACK 102 to 21 . BLACK ATTACK wins this game.Thanks!

firstdown
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
I was going to post my score between these two teams, but I see now ,if do not want the first degree from BLACK ATTACK ,I better go with a high end score for BLACK ATTACK 102 to 21 . BLACK ATTACK wins this game.Thanks!

You know Bruce you're giving Gainesville 21 points that won't set well with BA. :D ;)

Bruce
10-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes sir, I understand. This game should be a good one. I do look for Argyle to win this one. I also think Gainesville will make it a good game. Want to wish both teams the best.Thanks!

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Thanks, I'm so glad you noticed! I guess when I have the time to sit around and post 2569 times like you, it won't be such a shock when I express my opinion on the board. By the way, what kind are you?

Hey Bruce.....don't be afraid to take a crack at the score. Go ahead, give it a try. It will be OK.

Pick6
10-19-2010, 04:49 PM
By the way, what kind are you?

The type that likes to give all the boys that play the game some respect. I might have an opinion about a town, but never disrespect the kids playing.

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 05:18 PM
The type that likes to give all the boys that play the game some respect. I might have an opinion about a town, but never disrespect the kids playing.

I have kids playing at several levels in and out of High School. I have seen them dominate people and get dominated over the years. So, I have always had the utmost respect for the actual kids on the field where ever they may be from. I certainly didn't disrespect any player personally. I think the question was, "can they beat Argyle?" The answer is no!, and if Argyle chooses, it won't be close. Certainly not a knock on any of the kids, only that they as a team are not near as good as Argyle this year. Probably you need to find someone else to start judging their character.

Pick6
10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
I have kids playing at several levels in and out of High School. I have seen them dominate people and get dominated over the years. So, I have always had the utmost respect for the actual kids on the field where ever they may be from. I certainly didn't disrespect any player personally. I think the question was, "can they beat Argyle?" The answer is no!, and if Argyle chooses, it won't be close. Certainly not a knock on any of the kids, only that they as a team are not near as good as Argyle this year. Probably you need to find someone else to start judging their character.

First of all, Lewis wouldn't make a pimple on Peyton Manning's A$$,

It's true, but it is also disrespectful.

mwrams
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Having seen Argyle in action I will say they are pretty good. Mineral Wells actually played them a lot closer than what the final score indicated and I know they have probably got better but, so have we. I don't think our defense would allow the easy pass plays we did early in the season and would like to see us play them again where I do believe it would be a lot closer game. I also believe Gainesville will give them more of a challenge than most think. Just Sayin'

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
It's true, but it is also disrespectful.

Hell, that's not disrespectful to the kid, that wasn't even a fair comparison to begin with. That statement would apply to 99.9% of all the QB's in America. Sorry all of you guys!!! Didn't mean to be disrespectful!!

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
Having seen Argyle in action I will say they are pretty good. Mineral Wells actually played them a lot closer than what the final score indicated and I know they have probably got better but, so have we. I don't think our defense would allow the easy pass plays we did early in the season and would like to see us play them again where I do believe it would be a lot closer game. I also believe Gainesville will give them more of a challenge than most think. Just Sayin'

Oh no! Not a Mineral Wells comparison. You have to be kidding!
Just Sayin'

Keith7
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh no! Not a Mineral Wells comparison. You have to be kidding!
Just Sayin'

It's one thing to be confident, it's another to be cocky..

Lets hope the Argyle Socks football team isn't as cocky as you are or it will be a looooooooooooooongggg night..

just sayin'.. thanks!

firstdown
10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by mwrams

It was 47 to 13 when we pulled our starters in the early 3rd quarter. You guys had about 200 yards of O up until then. You guys scored late and gained a lot of your yards against 2's. We rushed for 203 and passed for 215 with our 1's. I think you guys are better than Gainesville. We roll the Leopards Friday night.

mwrams
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
True, except right before the half we give up 2 long pass plays when the DB turned the wrong way then the refs give Argyle the ball at the beginning of the 3rd saying the return man fumbled. He was already down should have been MW ball, I really believe this kept the momentum going in Argyle's favor and they did what good teams do and that's take advantage of turnovers.

firstdown
10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
True the officials did blow that call, if I remember it right it hit one of our players in the back and should of been down before your kid even goes to pick it up. I sure am glad I'm not a coach. I'd hate to think that my lively hood depends on a bunch of teenage boys not making mistakes and a group of middle age over weight men getting in position to get a call right.

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Does Argyle still have the same coaching staff they did when they reached the 2A DI title game?

mwrams
10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
But having said all this I do hope you guys go small school so we don/t have to face you again! LOL!!! Wish you guys all the luck in the playoffs. Even though we beat a really good Bridgeport team, it's not a done deal for us yet, we still have to win one more to get in.

firstdown
10-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Does Argyle still have the same coaching staff they did when they reached the 2A DI title game?

Yes for the most part. HC/AD, OC, DC are all the same. I think we have only lost two coaches. One left coaching and went into private business and the other switched to the green eagles of Prosper.

mwrams yes we will be going small school if we make the playoffs and nothing crazy happens in the next few weeks. So no rematch this year. Good luck to you guys.

skins4life
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MajorApplehorn

That sounds like a play one Sunday night at the beginning of the season. :D The fumble before half. ;) that is..

BLACK ATTACK
10-19-2010, 09:24 PM

Lets hope the Argyle Socks football team isn't as cocky as you are or it will be a looooooooooooooongggg night..

just sayin'.. thanks!

A looooooooooooooooooooonggg night. We are talking about Gainesville, right?

Don't think so, but I'm glad you feel good about it. Congrats!

just sayin..your welcome!

MajorApplehorn
10-19-2010, 09:48 PM

They were both prayer passes. The sprint out pass was run to the left and thrown all the way back to the other side of the right hash. Lewis had no idea who was going to catch either ball. He has a strong arm and put the ball where he needed to, but all Pilot Point had to do was get a hand in the way. They didn't. And the receivers did not "have a beat on the defense." Congrats to the Gainesville players for making the plays. The point is, these were very low percentage plays. I have said several times (not on this board) that Lewis is a good player, but he is not Peyton Manning...On every other pass play of the game, Lewis was running for his life and got sacked at least 4 times.

I give Gainesville all the credit in the world. They are much improved this year. 6-1 is a great record. They are really playing well, especially on the new turf and will give Argyle their toughest district matchup yet.

RPF2666
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
But it won't be nearly enough...

OldNavy
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM

just sayin'.. thanks!

...And Keith7 is an expert on being cocky!

BLACK ATTACK
10-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Well Keith7, I have to hand it to you. You were correct. Gainesville has kept it closer than I thought. It's only 35-0 at halftime. Probably our cheerleaders will get some snaps in the second half and Gainesville will make a game of it.

BLACK ATTACK
10-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Well dang, I was wrong again. Now the cheer squad has scored mid way through the 3rd quarter and it is 42-0.

Keith7
10-22-2010, 09:38 PM
42-7.. don't call it a comeback

Keith7
10-22-2010, 09:50 PM
uh oh 42-14

Keith7
10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
49-21

Black Swarm
10-22-2010, 10:01 PM
49-21 Final

Keith7
10-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks like Gainesville won the second half 21-14.

Black Swarm
10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes, Gainesville starters were better than
Argyle's 2nd team.

BLACK ATTACK
10-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like Gainesville won the second half 21-14.

Yep, your right! Congratulations! It appears that their varsity can beat our JV. Gives you something to talk about anyway.

Alright!!!! :clap:

Keith7
10-22-2010, 10:19 PM
if you count the first half as one game and the second half as another (kind of like volleyball) then Gainesville was really 1-1 on the night..

So a W will go down in the standings for the Argyle Socks but we all know what really happened

Black Swarm
10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Argyle socks, that's funny, never heard that one.
:rolleyes:

BLACK ATTACK
10-22-2010, 10:56 PM
if you count the first half as one game and the second half as another (kind of like volleyball) then Gainesville was really 1-1 on the night..

So a W will go down in the standings for the Argyle Socks but we all know what really happened

Once again you are correct, we know exactly what happened. You have confirmed to everyone on this board, that you are a complete idiot.

firstdown
10-22-2010, 11:09 PM
1st half
Argyle "1"s 35

Gainesville "1"s 0

2nd half
Argyle "2"s 14

Gainesville "1"s 21

If we leave the 1's in it's 70 to 0

:D :devil:

Keith7
10-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Once again you are correct, we know exactly what happened. You have confirmed to everyone on this board, that you are a complete idiot.

Mad because Gainesville put a beat down on Argyle in the second half?