PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale v La Grange

Pudlugger
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM
La Grange comes into this game bruised and battered after losing to Giddings and Navasota. Several key players are expected back by Friday to bolster the Leps and help get them back on a winning track. The Tigers come off a big win against Smithville and go into this game with the momentum. Who will win and keep alive dim playoff hopes?

Old Tiger
10-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Is Wilkerson(sp?) hurt? If he's not playing I don't feel like going to the game.

Pudlugger
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
He was held out this Friday for a concussion he had the week before at Giddings but should be back for Rockdale. Our big nose guard should be better too with the sprained ankle taped up. Hopefully the team will settle down and execute well for this important game.

Yoe_09
10-17-2010, 09:45 PM
La Grange by 7.

87 TIGER
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Top LB David still out for Rockdale, he diddnt play against Navasota or Smithville. Should be a good game , Tigers by 6

Pudlugger
10-18-2010, 06:14 AM
I honestly don't feel like I can predict this one. Both teams have played hot and cold this year. If the team that played against Bellville shows up then the Leps win by 14. If the team that played Navasota shows up the Leps lose by 14(injured players aside that performance was just poor in so many ways...penalties, missed opportunities, etc). I'll go with homer sentiment here and say Leps by 2.(2 points or 2 tds);)

gameface
10-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope the victory wind will be behind the mighty leopards sails this Friday night. I agree Pud, Leps have been off and on making outcomes tough to predict. Despite the recent injury setbacks and 2 district losses, I believe we can ride the victory wave this week against the Tigers of Rockdale. LG has incredible talent and the heart to get 1st district win this Friday night. Leps by 7. Gameface on.:cool:

Johnny Utah
10-18-2010, 05:14 PM
All are must win situations from here on out. Tigers know that I hope. Tiger boys win a close one.

Pudlugger
10-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
All are must win situations from here on out. Tigers know that I hope. Tiger boys win a close one.

I have been mulling this over and I think even if either team wins out Navasota, Caldwell and Giddings will most likely get the three spots if there is a tie breaker situation. It is not impossible but it is drawing to an inside straight now for both teams. It would be great if Smithville knocks off one of these leaders but that is a long shot. It happened to the Leps though in 2008 so we'll just hold our breath and see.

I am hopeful that the Leps will turn it on from here on out and make a run for it. It all depends on how much they want to win now. In 2008 they went 6-4 and ended the season with a huge win over Sealy but didn't make the playoffs because of losing to the spoiler Smithville. That win at Sealy was still big in so far as setting the stage for their successful semi-final run in 2009.

Pudlugger
10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by gameface
I hope the victory wind will be behind the mighty leopards sails this Friday night. I agree Pud, Leps have been off and on making outcomes tough to predict. Despite the recent injury setbacks and 2 district losses, I believe we can ride the victory wave this week against the Tigers of Rockdale. LG has incredible talent and the heart to get 1st district win this Friday night. Leps by 7. Gameface on.:cool:

Good post GF! The Leps need to get back to their winning ways Friday. This game is a must win. Hope everyone is back and healthy.

HEMOTOXIC
10-21-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/Brazos-Valley-Football-Capsules2010-10-20T22-11-18

La Grange Leopards at Rockdale Tigers

Records: La Grange 3-4 (0-2 in 23-3A); Rockdale 3-4 (1-1 in 23-3A)

Last year's meeting: The teams did not play one another

Last week's games: Navasota 28, La Grange 6; Rockdale 48, Smithville 7

Harris Ratings pick: The game is rated even

Next: La Grange at Caldwell; Rockdale at Giddings

87 TIGER
10-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Rockdale and LaGrange have only met 8 times ever Rockdale leads the series 5-3. Rockdale has won the last 3 meetings '89,'04', '05. Both teams 3-4 on the season, this should be a great match up. IMO Wilkersons play is key in this game, the Tiger D must contain him. Let's go Tigers one win at a time let's take the W

Pudlugger
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale and LaGrange have only met 8 times ever Rockdale leads the series 5-3. Rockdale has won the last 3 meetings '89,'04', '05. Both teams 3-4 on the season, this should be a great match up. IMO Wilkersons play is key in this game, the Tiger D must contain him. Let's go Tigers one win at a time let's take the W

The Tiger Defense has been pretty stingy this year giving up 18 pts/game compared to the Leps' 27 pts/game. The Lep offense will need to pick it up if they want to win this game as they only have made it into the end zone twice in the last two weeks. In addition to Wilkerson being back the Lep D will get a lift from Childs #75 who should be back if not 100% from his ankle sprain two weeks ago.

Mojado
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
My thoughts are that this will be a very low scoring game unless one of the teams just gives it up.

Leps can score but can also be held to 7. (Rockdale)
Rockdale will be in shock at how good the Lep D can play. (Leps)
Special Teams will win by field positioning. (?)

14 - 7 either way

may go Overtime!!!

Good luck to both.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
I gotta root for LaGrange...

Go Leopards!:clap:

zebrablue2
10-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Leps by 7!!!

Coach BS
10-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Tigers by 14

Torch Bearer
10-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I do not Know what Rockdale has done or the opponents that they have played have done, but I am concerned with the fact that the 3 wins by La Grange have come against teams that are a combined 1 win and 20 loses. The only win was Bellville over Lockhart. La Grange can win tonight, but they need to show that they can beat a decent team.

hookandladder
10-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Torch Bearer
I do not Know what Rockdale has done or the opponents that they have played have done, but I am concerned with the fact that the 3 wins by La Grange have come against teams that are a combined 1 win and 20 loses. The only win was Bellville over Lockhart. La Grange can win tonight, but they need to show that they can beat a decent team.

I agree with you, we need to prove we can beat a pretty good team. We need have a good game on both sides of the ball and cut down on flags, need to play smart. Also the 4 loses on the year were to teams that should have a nice playoff run this year, each team had great team speed.

Pudlugger
10-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Torch Bearer

The three victories for Rockdale are against schools who have won a total of 2 games. Neither LG or Rockdale have beaten a good team this year. BTW LG's opponents have won 2 games as Yoakum beat Columbus in week 0. I know. Big deal, right? :D

87 TIGER
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
So even after tonight neither team will have beaten a good team??

87 TIGER
10-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Rockdale lost to:
Cameron very good
Liberty Hill ok
Madisonville not that good
Navasota good

Lagrange lost to:
Columbia very good
Sealy very good
Giddings good
Navasota good

Pudlugger
10-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
So even after tonight neither team will have beaten a good team??

Not saying that at all. The team that wins tonight will be a good team imo. Both teams have plenty of talent but just haven't played to their potential against quality opponents. The Leps looked like they were going to get the job done then they got gobsmacked with injuries to three key players in the first half against Giddings. If they can get this win and stay healthy they might pull the season out of the fire. I suspect Rockdale folks have similar hopes for the Tigers. May the best team win tonight. Got to get on the road now. Go Leps!