PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M

coach
10-17-2010, 01:58 AM
how sad. im as loyal as you can be and have been a aggie fan all my life. today was awful. surely sherman is a gonner and we can hire someone that is know for winning.

Lucky2Coach
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by coach
how sad. im as loyal as you can be and have been a aggie fan all my life. today was awful. surely sherman is a gonner and we can hire someone that is know for winning.

Are we bold enough to hire Mike Leach? I hope so!

rancher
10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
My vote is for Leach, let him sail into college station.

Rabid Cougar
10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Are we bold enough to hire Mike Leach? I hope so!

Sherrill, Slocum, Davies and Avizanno are still around.

3afan
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
no way would aTm hire Leach ... he's not in the aTm family plus he's too much of wild card

NastySlot
10-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
no way would aTm hire Leach ... he's not in the aTm family plus he's too much of wild card

they took a chance with sherrill so idk they might with leech.

LionFan72
10-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Aggies - please hire Mike Leach, guarenteed to make you the laughing stock of football, as if you are not already.

Charlie47
10-17-2010, 11:35 AM

Coach, you just got him, now you don't want him?:confused: :(

coach
10-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Sherrill, Slocum, Davies and Avizanno are still around.

they better not hire leach...he is overrated anyways. and slocum is too old and davies will not come back to atm.

Txbroadcaster
10-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
they took a chance with sherrill so idk they might with leech.

Jackie played under Bear so for A&M that was not much of taking a chance

Old Tiger
10-17-2010, 01:49 PM
http://texags.com/images/pics/MaroonWhite/2009_football/sherrill_TAMU_300_001.jpg

bwdaggie
10-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
http://texags.com/images/pics/MaroonWhite/2009_football/sherrill_TAMU_300_001.jpg

i loved the jackie sherrill & bucky richardson years! this all started with when coach fran came in my opinion...he hurt our recruiting & bringing sherman didn't help. need some kind of spark...i don't really care what it comes from :(

GiddingsFan
10-17-2010, 06:28 PM
It's a shame the amount of fans A&M has that are pulling for them every week and we can't seem to win

JJWalker
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I guess I do not understand why anyone is upset by this loss. Mizzou is an undefeated and ranked team ... and at this point in the season, I am figuring they might be fairly decent.

The fans need to focus on games that are potential wins. The next two games should be wins. Then if they pickup any of the last four games, that is gravy.

rancher
10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
There are reports that pirate ships were sighted sailing up the brazos.

Old Tiger
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
i loved the jackie sherrill & bucky richardson years! this all started with when coach fran came in my opinion...he hurt our recruiting & bringing sherman didn't help. need some kind of spark...i don't really care what it comes from :( I just thinkg they should bring back cool throw overs like that.

navscanmaster
10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Not totally giving up on this team. The defense is *gulp* good for a change. They could improve on the opening quarter a lot, as that is where more than half the opponents' points come from. But all in all, they are just out there on the field way, way too long because of an ineffective offense. It is not all JJ's fault, but his performance has definitely hurt their chances. The line is young, and already banged up a little. The receivers are good, but they try to make too much happen with Fuller.

Against Mizzou, I was glad to see another solid effort turned in by the defense against the run. Teams aren't running the ball down A&M's throat like the last few years. But to get better against the pass, they are going to have to get some rest between possessions. And that starts with an offense that moves the ball down the field and gets points. The turnovers didn't happen against Missouri, but that could be because they were playing conservatively. Sherman should get the blame for a top 5 offensive team stinking it up two consecutive weeks. But looking at the top 20 competition it was against, believe me, it ain't the end of the world.

Red Bull
10-18-2010, 05:36 PM
"I have seen them win and I have seen them loose, but I have never seen them quit." I saw some quit on Saturday.

Three things are certain in life, 1. Death 2. Taxes. 3. Texas A&M will NEVER hire Leach. He is too loose of a canon and has on numerous occassions taken jabs at Texas A&M and dis-respeted its traditions and the corps of cadets.

What A&M needs is a young coach with passion, fire and charisma. Look around college football these days and that is what is winning. Sherman is to A&M as Mackovic was to Texas. It is now our time to hire the "right" coach. I just wish the athletic department could afford it. Maybe some high $ alums will come through again.

BaseballUmp
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker

The fans need to focus on games that are potential wins. The next two games should be wins. Then if they pickup any of the last four games, that is gravy.

I am no Aggie fan by any means, but I know plenty of them, and trust me they think every game is a potential win. And rightfully so

coach
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Texas A&M's next head coach: Wade Phillips

big daddy russ
10-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I'd love to see Charlie Strong, Will Muschamp, or Trooper Taylor come to College Station. They'd bring back the Wrecking Crew.

Another good pickup to think about for the future would be Gus Malzahn. As an Auburn fan, I'd hate to lose either him or Taylor, but CGM would be able to utilize the dual threat QB's that roll through College Station in ways that neither Fran nor Sherman have been.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM
unless a booster is willing to eat Sherman's contract he is there for the long term

87 TIGER
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
How many years does sherman have left in his contract ? and how much $$$
IMO every coach hired lately has been "The One" , Fran, Sherman. after a few years they are ready to get rid of them and hire " The One" . a&m has the money and the fans , not sure what the problem is

DDBooger
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'd love to see Charlie Strong, Will Muschamp, or Trooper Taylor come to College Station. They'd bring back the Wrecking Crew.

Another good pickup to think about for the future would be Gus Malzahn. As an Auburn fan, I'd hate to lose either him or Taylor, but CGM would be able to utilize the dual threat QB's that roll through College Station in ways that neither Fran nor Sherman have been. Pelini's brother is probably going to get some looks.

Gsquared
10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Half of A&M's problem is they wont let a coach get in and work his system and recruit to it long enough. I think if they give Sherman some time, they will be fine. Seriously, you dont have to be playing for a BCS bowl immediatly no mater what Texas and Oklahoma are doing. Give it some time, the atheletes that Sherman needs is out there, just needs time to collect em over the next three to four years so he will have a complete recruiting class to have HIS athletes to run HIS system.

warpig
10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I wish they would hire Leach. He would get better recruits and he would compete for the big XII title every year.

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I seriously doubt Leach will go to A&M. I would doubt it even more that A&M would hire Leach. Dosn't really seem like their type of leader. I could be totally wrong. As you can see I am no A&M fan.

I actually was suprised that A&M made no effort to go after Tuberville. He had made it known that he wanted to bring his son to Texas for football reasons. Plus he was once a coach for A&M. I believe DC but I may be wrong.

TxB is probably right, they are buying time because a contract buyout isn't in anybody's best interest.

For the sake of Tech, I hope ya'll are stuck with him :taunt: :stirpot:

Macarthur
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Half of A&M's problem is they wont let a coach get in and work his system and recruit to it long enough. I think if they give Sherman some time, they will be fine. Seriously, you dont have to be playing for a BCS bowl immediatly no mater what Texas and Oklahoma are doing. Give it some time, the atheletes that Sherman needs is out there, just needs time to collect em over the next three to four years so he will have a complete recruiting class to have HIS athletes to run HIS system.

How long is long enough?

He actually has outstanding skill position players and finally has a good defense. His only quality win is Tech. Briles has been at Baylor the same amount of time and is there any question which programs arrow is pointed up and which one is pointed down?

And the recruiting thing is a chicken and egg thing. A&M has consistently outrecurited TCU for more than a decade.

DDBooger
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
How many of you Aggies think Manziel will be next year's Freshman phenom? Wouldn't Sherman have to change how the offense is run?

Gsquared
10-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
How long is long enough?

He actually has outstanding skill position players and finally has a good defense. His only quality win is Tech. Briles has been at Baylor the same amount of time and is there any question which programs arrow is pointed up and which one is pointed down?

And the recruiting thing is a chicken and egg thing. A&M has consistently outrecurited TCU for more than a decade.
This is just my opinion but I think you need to give a guy six or seven years even. Sherman has made them competative first off, next step is win the games you are supposed to win. He is starting to do that. I seriously think if a good coach has time to recruit about 2 to 3 cycles to fit his philosopy, he will be just fine. Otherwise, I think A&M can just keep on doing what they are doing and press the restart button once again and delay progress.

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 12:19 PM
ya'll could throw RC back out there on the field. He's still lingering around the campus doing odds-and-ends isn't he?

Macarthur
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
This is just my opinion but I think you need to give a guy six or seven years even. Sherman has made them competative first off, next step is win the games you are supposed to win. He is starting to do that. I seriously think if a good coach has time to recruit about 2 to 3 cycles to fit his philosopy, he will be just fine. Otherwise, I think A&M can just keep on doing what they are doing and press the restart button once again and delay progress.

6 or 7 years!? Wow. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you do realize that happens no where.

Has Sherman made them more competitive? When you go game by game, I would argue that they are not more competitive.

How can you truly argue that he has started winning the games 'he's supposed to win'? What games has he won? Really?

He's had 3 recuriting classes....and frankly, I think he's recurited pretty well given their record. He's recruited better than Tech and OSU. His recruiting classes have been better than TCU.

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 01:23 PM
He's had 3 recuriting classes....and frankly, I think he's recurited pretty well given their record. He's recruited better than Tech and OSU. His recruiting classes have been better than TCU.

Mac, you've made me realize something. You are correct to some extent. Maybe he is a good recruiter but just not that great of a coach. These are definitly different aspects of college coaching that are very important.

You know, i've heard this about Tuberville, only time will tell.

Gsquared
10-19-2010, 01:42 PM
6 or 7 years!? Wow. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you do realize that happens no where.

Has Sherman made them more competitive? When you go game by game, I would argue that they are not more competitive.

How can you truly argue that he has started winning the games 'he's supposed to win'? What games has he won? Really?

Its just my opinion, he is beating ULALA, A&M was subject to lose those in the past. I think TCU has had some recruiting classes that have been on par with A&M in the past. Texas is a big state with alot of good football players in it. You can build a program by recruiting kids not in the top 50 or 100. I just think A&M would get to where they want to be quicker if they let him keep working it. If they fire him and hire a new coach for next season, you start over. Who would you hire? Not like there are 15 Lombardi's out there looking for a job and if they were, would they want to coach in College Station? A quick fix is not the norm, you see it from time to time but chances are, it takes a while to build a program up. However, A&M can fire this coach and start all over ONCE AGAIN. Again, its just my opinion. If I really knew the answer then I would likely be somewhere other than the 3ADownlow posting my opinion, id actually be making the decision we are talking about.

Macarthur
10-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Its just my opinion, he is beating ULALA, A&M was subject to lose those in the past. I think TCU has had some recruiting classes that have been on par with A&M in the past. Texas is a big state with alot of good football players in it. You can build a program by recruiting kids not in the top 50 or 100. I just think A&M would get to where they want to be quicker if they let him keep working it. If they fire him and hire a new coach for next season, you start over. Who would you hire? Not like there are 15 Lombardi's out there looking for a job and if they were, would they want to coach in College Station? A quick fix is not the norm, you see it from time to time but chances are, it takes a while to build a program up. However, A&M can fire this coach and start all over ONCE AGAIN. Again, its just my opinion. If I really knew the answer then I would likely be somewhere other than the 3ADownlow posting my opinion, id actually be making the decision we are talking about.

But I think there's talent on that roster. I don't think a new coach coming in would be 'starting over.'

I love you, G. We've had several conversations about A&M. I'm a fan of A&M and really want them to be successful. BUT much of what you are saying sounds a lot like over rationalization. Unless there is a pretty significant turnaround, Baylor will finish higher than A&M and go to a bowl. A&M should not accept that in a coaches 3rd year. That is regression.

Gsquared
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
But I think there's talent on that roster. I don't think a new coach coming in would be 'starting over.'

I love you, G. We've had several conversations about A&M. I'm a fan of A&M and really want them to be successful. BUT much of what you are saying sounds a lot like over rationalization. Unless there is a pretty significant turnaround, Baylor will finish higher than A&M and go to a bowl. A&M should not accept that in a coaches 3rd year. That is regression.
Aww, I love you too! I know, I see your point, I really do. I think this is just one of those "school of thought" type issues ya know?

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM

Mac, before this year started, I thought this of Tech. I'm learning that no matter the talent, their is still some transition no matter the coach you get.

Bullaholic
10-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I think aTm needs a native-son, ex-Ag for HC who lived and still believes, in the old aTm traditions to resurrect the Aggie ship. Hopefully, such a man exists who has the coaching or playing credentials to go with it and will revive the "old Aggie" spirit and have it re-infect the new Ags. BTW, this comes from a non-alum, who respects the Aggies for many of their old and unique ways and would love to see them become highly competitive again---just to have the chance to give them what- for each season. They are a vital part of Texas collegiate athletic history and competition.

This one is for you my Ag friends:

Aggie War Hymn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6-pNCD06Q)

Macarthur
10-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think aTm needs a native-son, ex-Ag for HC who lived and still believes, in the old aTm traditions to resurrect the Aggie ship. Hopefully, such a man exists who has the coaching or playing credentials to go with it and will revive the "old Aggie" spirit and have it re-infect the new Ags. BTW, this comes from a non-alum, who respects the Aggies for many of their old and unique ways and would love to see them become highly competitive again---just to have the chance to give them what- for each season. They are a vital part of Texas collegiate athletic history and competition.

i"m sure G will have some thougths on this, but the Sherman hire was this. Sherman was on RC's staff. He's a guy that 'gets it' when it comes to A&M and it's tradition.

HOw about this for injecting some energy into the program?

Kevin Sumlin.

I'm not saying I would do this, but I think the guy deserves a look. He's also been on RC's staff. Is very well liked at A&M and I think he would bring a whole new energy to recruiting. BEcause he is black, I think that would bring an interesting dynamic to recruiting. There is the perception (I don't think it's accurate) that A&M is not a particularly freindly environment for kids with an urban upbringing. Again, I think this is bogus, but I do know that avenue has been used by the other schools recruiting against A&M. Sumlin would totally turn that on it's head.

Again, I'm not sure he would be the right fit, but I think he's worth a strong look.

Gsquared
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
i"m sure G will have some thougths on this, but the Sherman hire was this. Sherman was on RC's staff. He's a guy that 'gets it' when it comes to A&M and it's tradition.

HOw about this for injecting some energy into the program?

Kevin Sumlin.

I'm not saying I would do this, but I think the guy deserves a look. He's also been on RC's staff. Is very well liked at A&M and I think he would bring a whole new energy to recruiting. BEcause he is black, I think that would bring an interesting dynamic to recruiting. There is the perception (I don't think it's accurate) that A&M is not a particularly freindly environment for kids with an urban upbringing. Again, I think this is bogus, but I do know that avenue has been used by the other schools recruiting against A&M. Sumlin would totally turn that on it's head.

Again, I'm not sure he would be the right fit, but I think he's worth a strong look.
If a change is made then I think a Sumlin type hire would be for the best. For one, its inside and same philosophies/system would be ran im sure. Therefore you could recruit and sign the atheletes you have been picking in the last two classes, to run this system. I think this day and age, recruiting is the # 1 key into having a successful program. If Sumlin has or is able to build a solid relationship with TX HS coaches then this would be a good step. Of course, you can always employ the Bill Snyder way of building a program (that has worked) and that is by cherry picking the JR. College programs for athletes.

Pick6
10-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
How many of you Aggies think Manziel will be next year's Freshman phenom? Wouldn't Sherman have to change how the offense is run?

Still not sure if Manziel made the correct decision for his career with the change of commitment.

SintonPirateFan
10-19-2010, 03:59 PM
they'll get a coordinator from the SEC to come in as head coach after sherm is canned...and i'm not sold on this being his last year. if they wait 3 or 4 years, maybe Dat Nguyen will have the resume to be head coach. :)

coach
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM
IMO Will Muschamp would be a perfect fit. BUT there is no way in hell he would leave texa for ATM. Some aggies might think so but texas would not let him.

SintonPirateFan
10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
IMO Will Muschamp would be a perfect fit. BUT there is no way in hell he would leave texa for ATM. Some aggies might think so but texas would not let him.

Texas wouldn't let him, and he wouldn't want to. why leave the best recruiting school in the country for a&m?

"sure, Texas has the most wins in the past decade, but here in Aggieland... we say Howdy!!!"

:rolleyes:

Red Bull
10-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Sherman is not an Aggie. He is not a Texan. He is from Connectiticut I believe. When you talk to him you do not get the feeling he is truly an Aggie and passionate about the job. Coaching Texas A&M football is his job and that is how he looks at it no matter what he says publicly. It is just his job.

A&M needs to find someone who will be passionate about turning it around. I don't know who that is, but that is my opinion.

Daddy D 11
10-19-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree that Sumlin would be a great hire for the Ags. Also, Holgersen at Okie Lite would be a great fit too.

Old Tiger
10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I read that if Florida fires Urban Meyer the Ags will get him!

Daddy D 11
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I read that if Florida fires Urban Meyer the Ags will get him!

lmao

bwdaggie
10-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

i love you for this bullaholic!!!!!:inlove:

big daddy russ
10-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Mac, you've made me realize something. You are correct to some extent. Maybe he is a good recruiter but just not that great of a coach. These are definitly different aspects of college coaching that are very important.

You know, i've heard this about Tuberville, only time will tell.
Tubbs is the opposite. Great coach, not the best recruiter.

He went 13-0 with a bunch of three-star prospects at Auburn. Never had a top ten recruiting class. Always seemed to trail the "big five" in the SEC in recruiting classes (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Bama). But was still in the thick of the national championship race for almost half a decade. Still never had a top ten class.

I'll say this about Tubbs/Leach. Leach was the type of coach who could excite a fan base and pull off a ten-win season every two or three years. Tubbs is the type of coach you go get if you want to be a national player year-in, year-out. Two completely different philosophies that need two completely different types of players.

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 03:06 AM
A&M's biggest problem as of late is defensive recruiting.

FrmSTx
10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
The biggest problem is athletes. A&M doesnt have any. Sherm was quoted two years ago saying the best athlete on the team was the punter. Now at least the best athlete is an OLB. But do you see any guys on the field that are going to be drafted but him? No.
UT and OU have all the athletes. Infact, its gotten so bad for A&M that they are getting out recruited by Baylor! Baylor has THE best athlete in the state!
Its going to be really embarassing when Baylor beats A&M to become bowl eligilble!

mustanglonghorn
10-20-2010, 10:12 AM
If UGA fires Richt.....A&M needs to snatch him up ASAP

coach
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
The biggest problem is athletes. A&M doesnt have any. Sherm was quoted two years ago saying the best athlete on the team was the punter. Now at least the best athlete is an OLB. But do you see any guys on the field that are going to be drafted but him? No.
UT and OU have all the athletes. Infact, its gotten so bad for A&M that they are getting out recruited by Baylor! Baylor has THE best athlete in the state!
Its going to be really embarassing when Baylor beats A&M to become bowl eligilble!

thats not true....atm has decent talent...they have the best receiving core in the Big 12.

navscanmaster
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Spoken from an Aggie hater, anything is true.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
thats not true....atm has decent talent...they have the best receiving core in the Big 12. They have the only receiving core!

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mustanglonghorn
If UGA fires Richt.....A&M needs to snatch him up ASAP That would be a terrible hire....he's a constant underachiever at Georgia where he has had great teams and talent. Two years ago Georgia was ranked #1 pre-season and had two first round picks in their backfield as well as plenty of defensive NFL talent.

sahen
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM

hopefully we become bowl elgible before that...hopefully this weekend...

aggie recruiting is still much better than baylor's....one player doesn't make a whole recruiting class...

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by sahen
hopefully we become bowl elgible before that...hopefully this weekend...

aggie recruiting is still much better than baylor's....one player doesn't make a whole recruiting class... http://thematadorsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Robert-Griffin.jpg

;)

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Texas A&M offensive problems are TV timeouts. This is being reported by TexAgs...also Will Muschamp is the new leader to take over for the Aggies. Muschamp recently replaces Urban Meyer as the Aggies new head coach target.

coach
10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
http://thematadorsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Robert-Griffin.jpg

;)

overrated clap clap clapclapclap

sahen
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
overrated clap clap clapclapclap

i have heard a lot of things about griffin, but over rated is not one of them...

coach
10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
what has he done? i mean he is prob the best qb baylor has had in a looonnng time but thats like saying squash is better than broccoli

NastySlot
10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i have heard a lot of things about griffin, but over rated is not one of them...

Meet him at basketball tourney once....he was an incredible kid very polite.

NastySlot
10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
what has he done? i mean he is prob the best qb baylor has had in a looonnng time but thats like saying squash is better than broccoli

Well he was hurt last season...but with way he played his freshman season...he gave the bear fans hope they could compete and get into a bowl game.....he has made the guys around him play at different level.

now if measure it as to what has he won and what has baylor than i guess you'd be right.

sahen
10-21-2010, 12:32 PM
this is really only his second year....right now he is leading what is statistically a top 10 offense in the country...i'd say that is pretty good...its just too bad he cant play both sides of the ball...

i dont see how he is overrated though...its not like baylor fans or the media is clamouring for the guy to get the heisman...we just say his is a darn good QB, that to me seems to be pretty obvious....

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM

Big 12 Freshmen Offensive Player of the Year
Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
Sporting News Freshmen All-American
Rivals Freshmen All-American

Passing: 2091 yards, 15 TD, 3 INT 59.6 comp %
Rushing: 846 yards, 13 TD, and 0 Fumbles

2009 - Only Played 3 Games
Passing: 481 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, and 65.2 comp %
Rushing: 77 yards, 2 TD, and O Fumbles

2010 - Through 7 Games
Passing: 1969 yards, 14 TD, 3 INT, and 66.4 completion %
Rushing: 376 rushing yards, 6 TD, and 0 Fumbles

Other than being injured last year he has accomplished that. Compare those turnovers to Jerrod Johnson and I'd say he's accomplished more.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
:1popcorn:

navscanmaster
10-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Big 12 Freshmen Offensive Player of the Year
Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year
Sporting News Freshmen All-American
Rivals Freshmen All-American

Passing: 2091 yards, 15 TD, 3 INT 59.6 comp %
Rushing: 846 yards, 13 TD, and 0 Fumbles

2009 - Only Played 3 Games
Passing: 481 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, and 65.2 comp %
Rushing: 77 yards, 2 TD, and O Fumbles

2010 - Through 7 Games
Passing: 1969 yards, 14 TD, 3 INT, and 66.4 completion %
Rushing: 376 rushing yards, 6 TD, and 0 Fumbles

Other than being injured last year he has accomplished that. Compare those turnovers to Jerrod Johnson and I'd say he's accomplished more.

His accomplishments are about the same thus far. Jerrod is in a funk that may not end now, but he has never gone through a major injury like Griffin did. Griffin is looking every bit like one of the best QBs in the south right now. There is no doubting that. As far as JJ goes, I could have told you that all the Heisman talk this summer was garbage. If they were sitting at 6-0 right now, maybe, but anybody with a pulse knew not to expect that.

As for texags, and I know you are just playing the usual sarcastic little troll you like to be, but anybody who takes them seriously has issues. Some of those guys have no clue what is going on in a football game and it shows. But most of them are used to the Aggies of the 21st century and are still hopefully clinging to the notion that the prominence and swagger of the 80's and 90's will come back.

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
His accomplishments are about the same thus far. Jerrod is in a funk that may not end now, but he has never gone through a major injury like Griffin did. Griffin is looking every bit like one of the best QBs in the south right now. There is no doubting that. As far as JJ goes, I could have told you that all the Heisman talk this summer was garbage. If they were sitting at 6-0 right now, maybe, but anybody with a pulse knew not to expect that.

As for texags, and I know you are just playing the usual sarcastic little troll you like to be, but anybody who takes them seriously has issues. Some of those guys have no clue what is going on in a football game and it shows. But most of them are used to the Aggies of the 21st century and are still hopefully clinging to the notion that the prominence and swagger of the 80's and 90's will come back. The big difference between Griffin and Johnson is consistency IMO. As for TexAgs I take that stuff for what its worth pure hyperbole and entirely too high expectations.

navscanmaster
10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Texags is really no different than any other CFB fan site. They drink koolaid out the wazoo, and if they are good or have been good, they are very arrogant to outsiders not willing to shower their team with praise. Going over there to read about your team if you are the opponent is not a good thing to do if you wear your feelings on your shoulder.

Emerson1
10-21-2010, 05:42 PM
He is better then Vince Young.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Griffin doesn't turn the ball over, that's what makes him successful running the offense, I feel like.

To say he is overrated is ridiculous though.
Statistics prove that point. He's putting up great numbers with average talent all around him. Baylor fans have never, and I don't think ever will be able to walk away from a game and say "RG3 cost us that one". He only helps his team win.

Also, his leadership skills for the team are unreal. I've hung out with him on multiple occasions and to hear all the things he has on his shoulder is unreal. If anything, I would classify him as underrated. Unlike other schools in the South right now, that have multiple stars that share the spotlight, Griffin literally takes ALL of the spotlight.. and trust me, it's not by choice. Every single person no matter if it's a fan, a mom, a student, a person in the media, a teacher, whatever.. they all put every Baylor game on his shoulders and always go to him when they want an interview or whatever.

He also is double majoring, has a 3.9, and graduates this December. And has a Big 12 championship in the hurdles as a high school senior...

Oh, and I've also stood next to him and listened to Drew basically beg for him to come out for the basketball team, but Briles won't let him. He's a better basketball player than football player, it's scary.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
BBDE can vouch for this I feel like. He knows how much time playing football consumes and the pressures that are on you. But try and pile on those duties along with after every practice or during every day every person is wanting to talk to You and only You. He is THE face of the whole team. Most programs have a "face" of the program every year or two, Texas had Ricky, Cedric, VY, Colt/Shipley, etc. Aggies had Mcgee, now JJ. OU had White, then Bradford, now Jones. Baylor has NEVER had that, and now that someone like Griffin is here he is literally expected to be super man and do it all every single play. Scary thing is, in a lot of instances he has to too. He just doesn't have the supporting cast around him, yet. Against Tech he scrambled and threaded the needle to throw the game tying touchdown into perfect coverage, only to have it go right through our "best" receivers hands. That to me, was the classic example that we just aren't even close to being there yet because we don't have the guys that can take the burden off him.

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Texags is really no different than any other CFB fan site. They drink koolaid out the wazoo, and if they are good or have been good, they are very arrogant to outsiders not willing to shower their team with praise. Going over there to read about your team if you are the opponent is not a good thing to do if you wear your feelings on your shoulder. Have you read Shaggy bevo? That is pretty atypical.

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Griffin doesn't turn the ball over, that's what makes him successful running the offense, I feel like.

To say he is overrated is ridiculous though.
Statistics prove that point. He's putting up great numbers with average talent all around him. Baylor fans have never, and I don't think ever will be able to walk away from a game and say "RG3 cost us that one". He only helps his team win.

Also, his leadership skills for the team are unreal. I've hung out with him on multiple occasions and to hear all the things he has on his shoulder is unreal. If anything, I would classify him as underrated. Unlike other schools in the South right now, that have multiple stars that share the spotlight, Griffin literally takes ALL of the spotlight.. and trust me, it's not by choice. Every single person no matter if it's a fan, a mom, a student, a person in the media, a teacher, whatever.. they all put every Baylor game on his shoulders and always go to him when they want an interview or whatever.

He also is double majoring, has a 3.9, and graduates this December. And has a Big 12 championship in the hurdles as a high school senior...

Oh, and I've also stood next to him and listened to Drew basically beg for him to come out for the basketball team, but Briles won't let him. He's a better basketball player than football player, it's scary. They walked away from 9 games last year saying it lol.

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 09:55 PM
the thing that gets me is.....he's brought some talent to A&M in the last 2 yrs.....the Michael kid, the Jackson kid, etc. etc. etc. Just can't seem to put it all together. In my opinion he's got another year to prove he can get all of the talent on the same page and start winning ball games. I hope I'm right...after that, he's on his own as far as I'm concerned.

Old Tiger
10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
the thing that gets me is.....he's brought some talent to A&M in the last 2 yrs.....the Michael kid, the Jackson kid, etc. etc. etc. Just can't seem to put it all together. In my opinion he's got another year to prove he can get all of the talent on the same page and start winning ball games. I hope I'm right...after that, he's on his own as far as I'm concerned. Sherm has brought in good offensive talent but he hasn't been able to land any top defensive talent because Texas, OU, and even LSU have been getting all the top guys lately here in Texas.

coach
10-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Sherm has brought in good offensive talent but he hasn't been able to land any top defensive talent because Texas, OU, and even LSU have been getting all the top guys lately here in Texas.

did he bring von miller? he is pretty solid...and 13-18 wont cut it i dont care who you are and how much time we give you

Red Bull
10-22-2010, 07:47 AM
No he did not bring in Von Miller, Fran did.

There will be no coaching change soon with the financial situation the athletic dept is in, unless some big money Ags come through.

Coach BS
10-22-2010, 08:38 AM
The mighty 12th man was silent last sat. the crowd was not into it and midway through the 3rd qtr about half started to leave. It was quiet a sight, I always thought the Loyal a&m fans stuck it out no matter what. They better start winning or they may quit selling out kyle field.

Gsquared
10-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Tubbs is the opposite. Great coach, not the best recruiter.

He went 13-0 with a bunch of three-star prospects at Auburn. Never had a top ten recruiting class. Always seemed to trail the "big five" in the SEC in recruiting classes (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Bama). But was still in the thick of the national championship race for almost half a decade. Still never had a top ten class.

I'll say this about Tubbs/Leach. Leach was the type of coach who could excite a fan base and pull off a ten-win season every two or three years. Tubbs is the type of coach you go get if you want to be a national player year-in, year-out. Two completely different philosophies that need two completely different types of players.
I dunno man, I think Tubberville is the biggest FRAUD out there!

Old Tiger
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
No he did not bring in Von Miller, Fran did.

There will be no coaching change soon with the financial situation the athletic dept is in, unless some big money Ags come through. Especially since Sherm's buyout is 7.2 million dollars.