any yall can think of?

bwdlionfan
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by bbfan2010
any yall can think of?

Wylie

gonktacular
10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Definitely Wylie in our area, they're a perennial powerhouse with some uncharacteristic struggles this year.

forum_guy
10-16-2010, 09:36 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_03NbAFyQ-aI/Sa-VL8qRWWI/AAAAAAAAFQ8/qoRnXNlDi58/s400/Dallas-Cowboys-logo.jpg

bwdlionfan
10-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_03NbAFyQ-aI/Sa-VL8qRWWI/AAAAAAAAFQ8/qoRnXNlDi58/s400/Dallas-Cowboys-logo.jpg

more like an off decade

Hornet Mom 2
10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
more like an off decade

:clap: :doh:

It will continue to be an off everything until they get rid of Romo.

gonktacular
10-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2

It will continue to be an off everything until they get rid of Jerry Jones.

Fixed that for you.

:cool:

WOS87
10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Jasper

coach
10-17-2010, 12:53 AM

typical ignorant post

Old Tiger
10-17-2010, 01:34 AM
brownwood....for some reason their winning

bwdlionfan
10-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
brownwood....for some reason their winning

Rockdale doesn't look like they're having an off year... got right back to their tradition this season:

2004 5-6
2005 3-7
2006 2-8
2007 4-7
2008 9-3
2009 8-3
2010 3-4

Caldwell_Raider
10-17-2010, 02:55 AM

I rather have Romo any day than Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Vinny Testerverde, and Drew Bledsoe.

The Cowboys problem is coaching more than anything else.

JMHO......

buckeyebob
10-17-2010, 06:18 AM
It's hard on us.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by coach
typical ignorant post Ignorance is calling someone a name for not agreeing with their opinion. Or maybe thats stupidity, or childish immaturity. Can you clarify for me which it is? I'm not going to call you ugly names for not agreeing with me. Just because I think he is a big part of the cowboys problem does not mean I am ignorant. Grow up.

Bosqueville
10-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Prosper

Bullaholic
10-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Vernon

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Vernon

No kidding. When they fell off, they REALLY fell off. :(

OPERATOR
10-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
No kidding. When they fell off, they REALLY fell off. :(

After that Whiteside hoss left they sure did.

RoyceTTU
10-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Texas Tech, and it dosn't look like its going to get better for a while.

MJMbrahmas10
10-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Bellville

bulldog82
10-17-2010, 12:26 PM

You can't fix stupid.

44INAROW
10-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
It's hard on us.

it happens..... the Buckeyes will be back.. :)

OldNavy
10-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Pilot Point. State championship last year and looks like they will need help if they are to make the playoffs this year. I think they have to beat Argyle for them to have a chance at the playoffs.

IHStangFan
10-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Hell...from the NFL all down. This has been a strange year.

No clear cut favorite or dominating team in the NFL really. KC has only lost one game. It's completely upside down from years past.

In college....where to begin, Florida, USC, Texas......Alabama has lost a game, lots of upsets yesterday.....

HS.....The "usual suspects" are non-existent for the most part. Teams that are usually at least "good" who aren't AS good as they have been that come to mind....Bellville, LaGrange, Navasota, Gilmer, Needville, Ingleside, Wylie, Bandera, Cuero, etc. etc. etc. etc.

It's a nutty year for football in general.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
You can't fix stupid. Care to elaborate?

IHStangFan
10-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Care to elaborate? I believe he was referring to Romo. Easy there HM, LOL. ;)

P.S.

And for the record, standing on the outside, looking in (as I am not a Cowboys fan) the Boys' problem seems to be multifaceted starting at the top and flowing downward. Jerry Jones, Coaching Staff...on down to Romo. Jones tries to be TOO involved in decision making where he should let his staff that he's hired to do so.....do so. The coaching staff has been suspect at times, especially the play calling on offense. And then Romo.....he's seemed unfocused and distracted on several occasions this season. Not quite sure what his deal is...then...as usual...he'll show flashes of brilliance....and then go back to mediocrity. If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be concerned and frustrated....but I'm a Texans fan...so I have enough concern and frustration to keep me occupied. :p

coach
10-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Ignorance is calling someone a name for not agreeing with their opinion. Or maybe thats stupidity, or childish immaturity. Can you clarify for me which it is? I'm not going to call you ugly names for not agreeing with me. Just because I think he is a big part of the cowboys problem does not mean I am ignorant. Grow up.

never called you ignorant i said it was an ignorant post. anyone who blames romo for their stuggles clearly is ignorant on the subject.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 01:09 PM
never called you ignorant i said it was an ignorant post. anyone who blames romo for their stuggles clearly is ignorant on the subject. So if I say your post was stupid I'm not calling you stupid? I have watched and been a cowboys fan all my life. Anyone who thinks Rono is not a big part of the problem is ignorant. He's not the ONLY problem but replacing him would be a step in the right direction. You're an Aggie fan, why not let McGee have a shot? It wouldn't be any worse than keeping Romo there.

bwdlionfan
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
So if I say your post was stupid I'm not calling you stupid? I have watched and been a cowboys fan all my life. Anyone who thinks Rono is not a big part of the problem is ignorant. He's not the ONLY problem but replacing him would be a step in the right direction. You're an Aggie fan, why not let McGee have a shot? It wouldn't be any worse than keeping Romo there.

I'm not at all an Aggie fan but if they lose today I'd say give McGee a shot. If they're 1-5 after today you might as well start looking for some kind of spark for next year.

I'd also say ditch Phillips as soon as possible.... even if they do win today.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I believe he was referring to Romo. Easy there HM, LOL. ;) Sorry if I'm a little defensive. I've already been told I'm ignorant on this thread. :-p

IHStangFan
10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry if I'm a little defensive. I've already been told I'm ignorant on this thread. :-p I noticed that. Meh....I know not ALL of you guys are like that, but as a general rule, of Cowboys fans I've encountered.......if you don't drink their koolaid, you get called all kinda names. And even when there IS a glaring problem...if you aren't "part of the club" you better not point it out or you'll get staunch opposition and argument.

Just an observation from my experiences w/a family full of Boys fans and a handful of people on this board.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I noticed that. Meh....I know not ALL of you guys are like that, but as a general rule, of Cowboys fans I've encountered.......if you don't drink their koolaid, you get called all kinda names. And even when there IS a glaring problem...if you aren't "part of the club" you better not point it out or you'll get staunch opposition and argument.

Just an observation from my experiences w/a family full of Boys fans and a handful of people on this board. That's where I'm a little different. Ask either of my sons. If my kid is struggling I'm the first one to say get him off the field. I don't believe in babying or placating athletes. If you are on the field you are there for a reason. Do your job. And if you cant (Romo) then its time to find someone who can. Especially paid pro players!

firstdown
10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Pilot Point. State championship last year. I think they have to beat Argyle for them to have a chance at the playoffs.

not gonna happen.

grahampaw
10-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Cowboys

BLACK ATTACK
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Pilot Point. State championship last year and looks like they will need help if they are to make the playoffs this year. I think they have to beat Argyle for them to have a chance at the playoffs.

Well, if that's the case then they better dust off the basketballs.

Snydertigersrul
10-17-2010, 06:28 PM
typical ignorant post

It won't change until they fired Phillips and all of those clowns on his coaching staff.

coach
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
So if I say your post was stupid I'm not calling you stupid? I have watched and been a cowboys fan all my life. Anyone who thinks Rono is not a big part of the problem is ignorant. He's not the ONLY problem but replacing him would be a step in the right direction. You're an Aggie fan, why not let McGee have a shot? It wouldn't be any worse than keeping Romo there.

mcgee was almost cut....romo has a to 10 qb rating of ALL TIME.

firstdown
10-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
It won't change until they fired Phillips and all of those clowns on his coaching staff.

+1 the sooner the better.

coach
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
That's where I'm a little different. Ask either of my sons. If my kid is struggling I'm the first one to say get him off the field. I don't believe in babying or placating athletes. If you are on the field you are there for a reason. Do your job. And if you cant (Romo) then its time to find someone who can. Especially paid pro players!

and i never called you ignorant. have you ever told your kids what they did was stupid? dont do that johnny thats not smart or thats stupid? did you call your kid stupid or not smart>? no. i just said that was an ignorant post.

zebrablue2
10-17-2010, 06:55 PM
mcgee was almost cut....romo has a to 10 qb rating of ALL TIME.

but the pass to the LB with the game on the line was terrible!!! how do you explain that???

DDBooger
10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
and i never called you ignorant. have you ever told your kids what they did was stupid? dont do that johnny thats not smart or thats stupid? did you call your kid stupid or not smart>? no. i just said that was an ignorant post. You don't have to defend your assertion when someone thinks McGee should start over Romo. That IS ignorant. Even a Romo hater would hesitate.

DDBooger
10-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
but the pass to the LB with the game on the line was terrible!!! how do you explain that??? It wasn't a horrible decision. It was a tremendous play by Henderson. Even the cast said afterward, it was just a great play by the linebacker. He hid behind the Dline and then dropped back.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
and i never called you ignorant. have you ever told your kids what they did was stupid? dont do that johnny thats not smart or thats stupid? did you call your kid stupid or not smart>? no. i just said that was an ignorant post.

I don't think I have ever told my kids something they did was stupid. Dumb, yes, but I rarely use the word stupid because I consider it a degrading remark. But, if you do something stupid, then at that moment in time, you are stupid.

You say it's an ignorant post because I think Romo needs to go? How can something that is an opinion be ignorant? That was my point. Don't say that what I said was ignorant, whether you meant my post or me as a person. It's my opinion and well, after today, I stand by it even more than when I first posted it.

The cutting of the fat will not start at the top, JJ will be the owner until the day he dies. Start with the coaching staff and work your way down, but no matter where you start or stop, the Cowboys will not be a winning franchise again until Romo (and some of the coaching staff) is gone.

IF I am proven wrong, and Romo is there when/if the Cowboys turn things around, I will sincerely re-post on here that he is one of the best QB's in the NFL...but I'm not holding my breath.

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
You don't have to defend your assertion when someone thinks McGee should start over Romo. That IS ignorant. Even a Romo hater would hesitate.

I did not say McGee SHOULD start over Romo, I just asked why not give him a shot, it can't get any worse. If you are going to quote, make sure you quote correctly.

DDBooger
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
I did not say McGee SHOULD start over Romo, I just asked why not give him a shot, it can't get any worse. If you are going to quote, make sure you quote correctly. I didn't quote you, I responded to him. And saying it can't get much worse, well, YES, that is ignorant. It could get PLENTY worse. They've had the opportunity to win just about every game, take out Romo and insert McGee, blowouts.

coach
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't think I have ever told my kids something they did was stupid. Dumb, yes, but I rarely use the word stupid because I consider it a degrading remark. But, if you do something stupid, then at that moment in time, you are stupid.

You say it's an ignorant post because I think Romo needs to go? How can something that is an opinion be ignorant? That was my point. Don't say that what I said was ignorant, whether you meant my post or me as a person. It's my opinion and well, after today, I stand by it even more than when I first posted it.

The cutting of the fat will not start at the top, JJ will be the owner until the day he dies. Start with the coaching staff and work your way down, but no matter where you start or stop, the Cowboys will not be a winning franchise again until Romo (and some of the coaching staff) is gone.

IF I am proven wrong, and Romo is there when/if the Cowboys turn things around, I will sincerely re-post on here that he is one of the best QB's in the NFL...but I'm not holding my breath.

so called your kid dumb? great mom. and its a typical ignorant post bc ppl think its all romos fault. if you take romo off the team they dont make the playoffs at all the las 4 years

Hornet Mom 2
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
so called your kid dumb? great mom. and its a typical ignorant post bc ppl think its all romos fault. if you take romo off the team they dont make the playoffs at all the las 4 years

Don't you dare question my being a mother. Yes, like most parents, I have told my kids they did something dumb.

You can't argue with what I am saying, so you do the only thing your brain has the ability to do, insult me and say I am a bad mother?

If you want to argue, argue, but stooping to that level makes me question if you are the type of person that posters on this board want to associate with.

As I said to you earlier, GROW UP. When you are mature enough to have a conversation/debate/argument with me, let me know. How dare you.

bowleghorses
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
:1popcorn:

DaHop72
10-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
:1popcorn: Here bowleghorses, I think you may need more than that. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

:D :D

bowleghorses
10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Here bowleghorses, I think you may need more than that. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

:D :D Thank You...I'm working all night.

jdawg2012
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Jasper

Ain't that the dang truth. I've been saying that if they would throw the ball more they would have more success. They finally did against Huntington, and look what happened. 77-15.

IHStangFan
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
mcgee was almost cut....romo has a to 10 qb rating of ALL TIME. yeah, and David Carr had the top QB rating in the NFL about 2 or 3 yrs ago in NY when he stepped in after Manning went down...so.......