PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs West Orange Stark

Paratrooper
10-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Great game here......Go Cardinals

WOS87
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
It will be one of the better games of the all-time series. All 3 of our combined losses are to undefeated Top 6 teams. Good luck!

Paratrooper
10-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
It will be one of the better games of the all-time series. All 3 of our combined losses are to undefeated Top 6 teams. Good luck!

Teams WOS beat

Nederland - 2-5
Jasper - 2-6
Hamshire Fannett - 1-6
Orangefield 4-3

The only team you guys have beat with a winning record this year is Orangefield

K'ville - you got beat about as bad as BC did by them. So I guess BC can also say their combined loss (only loss) was to an undefeated Top 6 team too.

WOS87
10-17-2010, 02:02 AM
14-28 doesn't compare to 31-51.... sorry

Kirbyville hung 51 points on you... we led 7-6 at halftime against them in the first game we played after we had a major tragedy when our starting QB passed away with a JV QB pulled up to play varsity for the first time ever.

We led at halftime against both Friendswood and Kirbyville... Losing by 1 pt to Top 10 undefeated 4A Friendswood in the last 30 seconds and only allowing 28 pts to undefeated Kirbyville in a very emotional game. Bridge City has played how many Top 10 4A teams? ...and they allowed 51 pts?? Get ready for loss #21 against the Mustangs! Our defense is one of the best in the state and our sophomore QB has kicked butt the past two weeks.

Paratrooper
10-17-2010, 10:44 AM
14-28 doesn't compare to 31-51.... sorry

My point was K'ville beat you by 14 points and BC was beat by K'ville by 20..........6 points. BC has beat Kelly 3-1 and Silsbee 4-3 (2 programs).......you guys beat one - Orangefield 4-3. How does that not compare? All the rest of the wins have been to losing teams.

You say your defense is great......K'ville put up 471 yards of total offense on WOS

Bridge City against the same opponent had 427 yards put on them........pretty even

Course, it's all in how teams match up.

Old Cardinal
10-17-2010, 01:51 PM
These teams are quite comparable, in a number of ways.

trojandad
10-17-2010, 11:32 PM
wow oh wow, what a pick....i've always heard when you trying to determine the unknown, eliminate the knowns.....here's what we know.....

the only dissimilar comparison is offensive output against kirbyville, edge in offensive power goes to bridge city, God rest reggie......

i can't hang a whole lot on wos-kv game since it was the first game back after the tragedy and the mustangs, especially on defense, saw what a huge hole they had to fill when not having reggie on the field to give the defense a blow, else i think their defensive numbers would have been down.....

an objective man might give the deciding edge to bc for home field.....wos87 would argue it hasn't mattered in the past but even he would admit this is one of those "different" seasons....if i were objective i'd prolly give the nod to bridge city by a point....but unless worster gets another years eligibility....i gotta take my second home brothers....wo-s by a score.....

Paratrooper
10-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
wow oh wow, what a pick....i've always heard when you trying to determine the unknown, eliminate the knowns.....here's what we know.....

the only dissimilar comparison is offensive output against kirbyville, edge in offensive power goes to bridge city, God rest reggie......

i can't hang a whole lot on wos-kv game since it was the first game back after the tragedy and the mustangs, especially on defense, saw what a huge hole they had to fill when not having reggie on the field to give the defense a blow, else i think their defensive numbers would have been down.....

an objective man might give the deciding edge to bc for home field.....wos87 would argue it hasn't mattered in the past but even he would admit this is one of those "different" seasons....if i were objective i'd prolly give the nod to bridge city by a point....but unless worster gets another years eligibility....i gotta take my second home brothers....wo-s by a score.....

I think it will be a very high scoring game as no one has shut down both offenses this year. I will go with BC by 4

35-31

However, I do think BC is the underdog here and will have to play one of the finest games they have all year for this score to happen.

WOS87
10-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I think it will be a very high scoring game as no one has shut down both offenses this year. I will go with BC by 4

35-31

However, I do think BC is the underdog here and will have to play one of the finest games they have all year for this score to happen.

we shall see... you really think you can score 35 on us? Kirbyville couldn't.

...and Kelly? really? I could say WO-S has lost by a total of 15 points in all their losses combined, BC has lost by 20. Just as illogical of an argument.

Paratrooper
10-18-2010, 07:00 AM
we shall see... you really think you can score 35 on us? Kirbyville couldn't.

...and Kelly? really? I could say WO-S has lost by a total of 15 points in all their losses combined, BC has lost by 20. Just as illogical of an argument.

Same argument as Bridge City put 31 points on K'ville and your offense could only muster 14.

However, like I say, I think WOS get's the nod but this should be a really good game.

88bobcats
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Bridge City might have their best chance ever this year.....but I don't see them pulling it out.

Salter is getting better every week, and the 'Stangs have plenty of speed to catch/contain Menard.

Bridge City will certainly be able to score on West Orange - Stark, but I don't think they'll be able to score enough to win.

GUNHO
10-18-2010, 12:42 PM
BC has a good team this year and WO-S is getting better with each game.I think BC will have to score 5 td's to win and I just don't think they can do that against WO-S.WO-S will also have to score a lot to beat this BC club.WO-S has a little more fire power than most think but I think WO-S defense wins this one.

Paratrooper
10-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

Bridge City might have their best chance ever this year.....but I don't see them pulling it out.

I actually think BC will probably have a better team next year. The Cardinals have a great team this year but next year they should really be doing a lot of damage within the state.

LionFan72
10-19-2010, 08:28 AM
WOS by 17, keep rolling!

Paratrooper
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
If anyone wants to hear the game it will be aired on KOGT

Paratrooper
10-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Finally the day has arrived for this game. I know WOS is the favorite but sure hope BC can play mistake free football here. Go Cards.

trojandad
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
bc had the best offensive showing against kirbyville, and they did it with kv holding onto the ball enough to score 51, meaning kv's offense being on the field a lot didn't discourage bc's offense....

sometimes a team can scheme to hold the ball a lot on offense to slow down the other team's defense, but it looks like, at least this year, bc has the offense.....

looks to me, with wos's offense down a bit without reggie (whose wouldnt be?) its gonna depend on what wos can do on defense.....

bc has been faithful to score 30+ in every game (except 26 in silsbee), so the odds are wos is gonna have to score close to that much to win this....

silsbee saw something to be able to score 22 on bc, the most against bc except for kv.....this isn't the best silsbee team i've seen, though they should be the 3rd team in district, and i was surprised when it was so close.....

this is the time of year when team's coaches start swapping lots of ideas on teams, weaknesses revealed and strengths identified to stay away from....i think it's gonna be a close close game, but one thing is for sure, this is the closest coach hooks has been to just concerning himself with coaching a game and not having to be counselor/pastor/pr man at the same time since reggie passed.....things are closer to getting back to normal each day....

WOS87
10-23-2010, 05:28 PM
JV

WO-S 44
BC 6

Varsity game starts at 6pm tonight

WO-S held Kirbyville to 28, Hamshire-Fannett to 0 and Orangefield to 14 while scoring a combined 118 pts against the 3 since Reggie passed away. Our defense is solid and our Sophomore QB is coming into his own quickly. We may struggle this season but watch out the next two years.

WOS87
10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
How many wins do we have over winning teams now???

:cool:

Originally posted by Paratrooper
Teams WOS beat

Nederland - 2-5
Jasper - 2-6
Hamshire Fannett - 1-6
Orangefield 4-3

The only team you guys have beat with a winning record this year is Orangefield

K'ville - you got beat about as bad as BC did by them. So I guess BC can also say their combined loss (only loss) was to an undefeated Top 6 team too.

WOS1
10-23-2010, 10:29 PM
It was total domination:

WOS had 382 total yards, BC had 124 and 48 of that came on one play...

trojandad
10-23-2010, 10:30 PM
thats called defense where i come from......did bc have a lot of turnovers?

WOS87
10-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
thats called defense where i come from......did bc have a lot of turnovers?

WO-S had a lot of penalties including two interceptions negated so it should have been a LOT worse.

WOS1
10-23-2010, 10:38 PM
BC had one TO. WOS had 3.