PDA

View Full Version : RangerMom

vet93
08-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Don't worry too much about all of these guys picking the upset in the game friday. Remember, a bunch of people picked a Ballinger upset last year in the playoffs and Greenwood nailed us by 22 points. I think that we have a good team with a lot of potential but as of yet we have not proven anything on the field this year. By the way...did you get my response to your pm? Also, I got to thinking...If I come over at halftime to visit, is that going to mess up your watching any of your kids in the band, flag corps etc...Sometimes I get so focused on the football that I forget that there are lots of moms and dads out there waiting for halftime to see their kids perform. I don't want to mess anything up. I can come over and visit during the Ballinger band performance maybe...let me know what is best. By the way...tell audusmom that I would like to meet her too.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Halftime is fine. My daughter WAS in the band, but she dropped band to become a trainer, as a matter of fact she will have her "debut" appearance at Grande!!

I cannot get hold of anyone from the stadium to check if we can "cross" the field. But looking at the City of Midland website, it looks like a sidewalk goes around the field on the South side. Grande Stadium (http://www.ci.midland.tx.us/SSC/sscfbg.htm) (Check out the first picture on the 3rd row) If so...I guess we could both just start walking that way at half-time!!

Do you watch any JV or freshman games?? I will be in Ballinger tomorrow watching my freshman play.

Green Ranger
08-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Vet, I hope it is a great game, but like I have said, if either team does not bring their "A" Game, I think it might get ugly. If both teams come up firing this should be a great game. I am sure some folks will disagree with me but these games dont count, this is not district, if you wont to worry about ranking sure but look at Bandera. Third place team from their district and they won it all. My hope is that it is a good clean game and both sides are injury free. May the best team win and good luck to yall the rest of the year, unless we should meet again then all bets are off.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey Ranger Mom:

How coincidental, my freshman daughter also dropped band to become a trainer and she loves it. But she did tell me that they have to work really hard.

vet93
08-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Rangermom...I usually try and go to the freshman and jv games however this week some friends invited us to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday so I won't be able to attend unless they cancel. I remember the track around the north endzone that communicates between the two sides at Grande. Your idea sounds like a good one to meet somewhere in the middle. I will PM you later and give you a hint on how you can recognize my wife and I. Hint...she is a LOT better looking than me wink

vet93
08-27-2003, 09:40 AM
I agree Green Ranger...as a fan I am much more concerned that we play well and learn something about ourselves in this game than winning this early in the season. Sure it would be nice to win but this early in the season that is not the main goal. Through the years I have seen alot of "septembers's champions" that fizzled at the end of the season. The goal is to improve each week and make your last game your best game. Good luck this week.

Green Ranger:
Vet, I hope it is a great game, but like I have said, if either team does not bring their "A" Game, I think it might get ugly. If both teams come up firing this should be a great game. I am sure some folks will disagree with me but these games dont count, this is not district, if you wont to worry about ranking sure but look at Bandera. Third place team from their district and they won it all. My hope is that it is a good clean game and both sides are injury free. May the best team win and good luck to yall the rest of the year, unless we should meet again then all bets are off.