PDA

View Full Version : Forney

Matthew328
06-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Here is an interesting thought..Forney has been involved in probably the 3 best games in Class 3A in 3 Different sports!

Football: the area Round playoff game against Everman in front of an over flow crowd estimated at 13,000...fans standing 4 rows deep all around the field...game ended on a 4th down stop inside the Everman 20 with one minute left..

Boys Basketball: Bi-District playoff vs Wilmer-Hutchins..with the game just tied after a Hutch basket with 3 seconds left kid from Forney nails a shot from half court to win...

Baseball: last night's classic...

bohemian
06-08-2002, 10:56 AM
I guess you can say Forney has been the bridesmaid never the bride for the last two years. I watched them go down to LaGrange last year, not once, but twice and felt bad for them. I'm a very fortunate parent--I got to see my son crowned a champion. It's got to be hard for the Forney kids and their parents. I know the bitter taste it leaves in your mouth after a tough loss in a championship game. But on the positive side, most schools never get a chance to play in a state championship and Forney has played in 3 in the past two years. Not too bad kids.

[This message has been edited by Bohemian (edited June 08, 2002).]

Matthew328
06-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Yeah I also feel bad for Forney...check this out...

4 straight trips to Austin in baseball..2 straight losses in the tittle game
2000 lost in state tittle game in football...
2000 and 2001 placed 2nd at state track meet
2001 had number one team in football all year..lost in area..

I am NOT taking shots at Forney here..becasue I don't think in any way they choked...they just ran into teams that were better or on that day played great..I think it is a great achievement to advance as far as they did in as many sports as they did..it does have to leave a bad taste in Forney's mouth though..

sinton66
06-08-2002, 10:34 PM
I feel bad for them too. I know what it means to come so close only to fail at the last second. It happened to Sinton three times now in football, although not in consecutive years as in Forney's case. Sinton has wanted a championship in football for so long, and thus far just haven't managed to pull it off. Maybe we will some day. There's a first time for everything.
Maybe Forney will too some day.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 08, 2002).]