PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wells shocks B-Port in OT

Devonplp
10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Final 26-17 Mineral Wells in Overtime. Did not expect this one. What happened tonight???

BullBoy
10-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Bridgeport didn't show up in the 2nd half, Mineral Wells did.

good game by the rams, played hard all 4 qtrs and came away with the W in the end.:clap:

Devonplp
10-15-2010, 11:45 PM
They need to pick it up. Now with 2 losses on the season. They're better than this.

BullBoy
10-15-2010, 11:52 PM
i have no idea what is wrong with bridgeport, i know they are better than this but they are not playing like it, they just cant seem to keep it together. very upset with their play tonight in the second half, we need two more wins an those probably wont com easy if we keep playing like tonight or last weeks second half.

trojandad
10-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Devonplp
Final 26-17 Mineral Wells in Overtime. Did not expect this one. What happened tonight???

i know i'm probably gonna regret asking this, but I thought the most one could win by in OT was 8 points, a TD and a 2 pt conversion.....where am I missing it?

BullBoy
10-15-2010, 11:57 PM
they kicked a field goal in their overtime possesion, then on our possesion we tried some sort of screen pass and their CB picked it off and returned it for a touchdown, they lined up for the extra point but missed it wide left.

trojandad
10-16-2010, 12:01 AM
i understand.....at least the td interception part....the reason i ask is i've been to two games ending in OT where the first team scored and then their defense intercepted the ball and the refs blew it dead at that point and awarded the game to the team ahead.....

while i can see giving them the TD from the int, i didnt think they were supposed to line up for the PAT.....i learned something new...

BullBoy
10-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
i understand.....at least the td interception part....the reason i ask is i've been to two games ending in OT where the first team scored and then their defense intercepted the ball and the refs blew it dead at that point and awarded the game to the team ahead.....

while i can see giving them the TD from the int, i didnt think they were supposed to line up for the PAT.....i learned something new...

yeah it baffled me, i didn't know a team could kick the extra point after they clearly won the overtime game already, oh well,.. learn something new almost every day i guess.:hairpunk:

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Pretty sure the PAT was for any tie breaker implications should that be necessary.

It was a hard game to watch. I think we scored in the middle of the 2nd to make it 17-3? I know we didn't score again and the Rams rolled of 23 unanswered to win. Kudos to the Rams.... Huge win for them. Bulls better do a gut check and come back strong next week.

trojandad
10-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Pretty sure the PAT was for any tie breaker implications should that be necessary.

It was a hard game to watch. I think we scored in the middle of the 2nd to make it 17-3? I know we didn't score again and the Rams rolled of 23 unanswered to win. Kudos to the Rams.... Huge win for them. Bulls better do a gut check and come back strong next week.

that makes sense, slpy....

orange machine
10-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Don't take this wrong Bulls fans, but I'm a little shocked y'all have a good team. When we scrimmaged y'all I felt like y'all would be really good just needed to tweak some things. I hope coach Henson can get it figured out cause y'all have the team to make a deep run.

mwrams
10-16-2010, 05:29 AM
I called this one! Way to go Rams!!!
Mineral Wells has really picked it up as they have won their last 4. This is the biggest win in 5 years!
Playoff Bound!!

rangerjim60
10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Hold your horses mwrams. Still have 2 left. Hope you don't come in flat next week after a nice win. Final game in Decatur should be a good game and decide a lot for the playoffs.

mwrams
10-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I don't think the Rams come out flat next week as they have not been in the position to attain that Bighead attitude some powerhouse schools get that seems to catch them off guard sometime during the season.These kids have played hard all year and have only got better. They were actually still in the Argyle game until the wheels came off right before the half and no one else has really dominated them. A couple of miscues here & there and we could easily be 7-1 right now. We will come to play on every down. The time is now!

Bullaholic
10-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Bulls have just lost focus over the last 3 weeks. A lot of that has to do with the quality of the teams we have been playing over the last few weeks, and the Bulls just have not stepped it up to their potential for all 4 quarters against these good teams. We step on the gas and then run into a wall---again all credit to some really good defenses we have met. We just cannot continue to overthrow open receivers in critical situations, and give up multiple picks against the good teams. The "D" is streaky like the "O"---they make some great stops, but then give up 1st downs to 3rd and 28 situations. Still, these Bulls do have all the tools and I know they are trying their best, and I think they will find themselves again over the next few weeks and enter the playoffs in the strong "peaking" mode that they have exhibited over the last few seasons. I'm still with, and believe in these Bulls 100%, and have every confidence they will get things right and have a good playoff run. Go Bulls!

mwrams
10-16-2010, 09:02 AM
At this time I would look for the Rams, Bulls & Eagles to get to the playoffs with Mineral Wells going Big School facing Alvarado. I see Bridgeport & Decatur going Div II Bridgeport against Glen Rose and Decatur meeting Kennedale.
The Bulls are too good a team to just fall flat. They will rise and should enter the playoffs on a high note. I see the Rams only getting better and Decatur coming back down to earth after their bye week.

Rocket
10-16-2010, 10:05 AM
And then meeting... :)

AngeloState39
10-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
And then meeting... :) that would just be ugly.

bwdlionfan
10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Congrats Rams