PDA

View Full Version : can anybody score on jasper i dont think so!!!!

oldwarrior
12-01-2002, 09:55 AM
after watching jasper again this weekend in the dome i dont think there is a team out there that score on these guys. they just totallt dominate both sides of the ball no matter who they are playing. jasper 35 burnet 0.

CHEVY
12-01-2002, 09:59 AM
sounds like houston stake jesuit might of scored on them.

southern_thunder
12-01-2002, 10:30 AM
That was week 4 not 14!!! There are three dogs and a rabbit left, we are all about to found out just who the baddest Dog in the state is. My vote goes to the DAWGS OF JASPER!!!!!

HotDawg89
12-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Apparently someone can score on them- they have lost twice. Burnet is 13-0. Hmmmmmm can anyone score on Burnet??? - yep. We aren't bawlsey enough to make that comment- we just play smash mouth football. With the exception of Marlin and Sinton- almost all of our opponents scores in games we have played have come with our 2nd string in- just food for thought.

Reveille
12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Yea, Burnet will.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 01:20 PM
HotDawg89:
Apparently someone can score on them- they have lost twice. Burnet is 13-0. Hmmmmmm can anyone score on Burnet??? - yep. We aren't bawlsey enough to make that comment- we just play smash mouth football. With the exception of Marlin and Sinton- almost all of our opponents scores in games we have played have come with our 2nd string in- just food for thought.Correction, they have lost once.

oldwarrior
12-01-2002, 01:23 PM
HotDawg89:
Apparently someone can score on them- they have lost twice. Burnet is 13-0. Hmmmmmm can anyone score on Burnet??? - yep. We aren't bawlsey enough to make that comment- we just play smash mouth football. With the exception of Marlin and Sinton- almost all of our opponents scores in games we have played have come with our 2nd string in- just food for thought.not taking anything from burnet, just so you know jasper lost one game the newton loss was a forfit.the only loss came from a team out of houston that could qualify as a 5 a team, and jasper had 3 or 4 key starters out for injures. one other thing jaspers starters have played a full game all year, like i said jasper 35 burnet 0 thats my pick.

oldwarrior
12-01-2002, 01:26 PM
sorry jasper starters havent played a full game all year now this is scary!!!!!

29x281
12-01-2002, 01:41 PM
Burnet fans:

feed the Jasper ego

Repeat after me: "Yes, Jasper is the greatest team ever in 3A, maybe the best in any classification." Just say it.

Then snicker as they continue to inflate their egos and expectations beyond any connexion with reality.

29x281
12-01-2002, 01:46 PM
As a Burnet fan, I must say how honored I am that our team will be able to play on the same field as the Mighty Jasper Bulldogs, probably the greatest 3A team of all time and the best in any classification this year.

Will Burnet score? That's not what we're really worried about. We're just hoping all of our players take the time to savor this astonishingly historic moment. To be a footnote in the pages of Japser's run toward the history books is something all of our players will be thankful for.

We're proud of our boys for a great season, and for making it to this point. Good luck Jasper against Everman.

29x281
12-01-2002, 01:47 PM
See, it's easy.

bulldawg89
12-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Yes, Jasper is a good team, but so is #1 Burnet! Everyone thought that we would lose against Sinton...But did we? Nope! Sure didnt! I cannot wait to play Jasper. It will be fun. We have more to prove than Jasper. We went from an unranked team, to #1 in the state. Come on now, tell me that isnt awesome and somethin to be proud of. Oh and all of yall that think we wont score on them, your right... We wont score on them... We'll blow through them :D

JHS_c/o_06'
12-01-2002, 02:13 PM
Let it be know that the trash talk started with 29x28's last few posts.....now that someone started it...im guessing we can all jump in...lol.

Jimbotex40
12-01-2002, 02:15 PM
29x281:
i am so proud of yall's great season also. that will be awesome for yall's guys to be able to play against the mighty Jasper Dawgs.

i hope we beat everman that way we have a chance to be the team that Jasper beats for the championship.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-01-2002, 02:21 PM
And by the way.....anybody can score on jasper....but lately...nobodys been able to do it. :D

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 02:34 PM
bulldawg89:
Yes, Jasper is a good team, but so is #1 Burnet! Everyone thought that we would lose against Sinton...But did we? Nope! Sure didnt! I cannot wait to play Jasper. It will be fun. We have more to prove than Jasper. We went from an unranked team, to #1 in the state. Come on now, tell me that isnt awesome and somethin to be proud of. Oh and all of yall that think we wont score on them, your right... We wont score on them... We'll blow through them :D I seem to recall similar boasts from Mexia, Cameron Yoe and Bridge City. Those boasts stopped the second they took the field with us and so will yours. You will be the next to be amazed. Go Dawgs!!!

BarneyBulldawg4President
12-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Bulldog_fan can you clarify someting for me in your next to last post? Do you mean that Burnet has lost one or Jasper? If you meant Burnet, we have not lost a game yet this season. Just clarifying...durnit!

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 04:04 PM
Hey everyone, forget regular season records. They don't matter this time of the year. Some teams don't find their stride until the end of the year, but once they do and they start to peak they're dangerous (see Bandera). And Jasper, make no mistake. This WILL be your toughest game of the year. I can't see anyone on your schedule with the type of team Burnet has. I know many of the Jasper fans aren't overlooking the Bulldogs on the other side of the field, but for the ones who are saying this stuff about nobody being able to score on Jasper, I know of three other teams still playing in DI-3A who are itching to prove you wrong. This should be another good game. Good luck to both teams.

P.S. Old Warrior, don't forget that there are actually three phases to the game. Jasper just may dominate both sides of the ball, but don't forget that special teams play can very well determine the outcome of a game.

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

Ghost_25
12-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Glad we get to play a cocky Burnet team. Sorry yall got in the way.

BurnetDawg
12-01-2002, 04:20 PM
dang its the day ofter the game and ppl already start trash talkin!!!!! seems like alot of yall just say hey we got through another one now lets trash talk about the next come on ppl lets take a few days to celebrate we just beat the #1 team in the state...u know what that makes us?!?!?!?! #1
so lets let that set in our minds first i think we can pull the next game off too but although ppl say the winner of sinton and burnet would take state we cant just overlook the other teams it will be a dawg fight lets hope the TOP dawgs will come out on TOP
GO B-TOWN wink

BurnetDawg
12-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Ghost_25:
Glad we get to play a cocky Burnet team. Sorry yall got in the way.:rolleyes: Burnet is far from cocky yall must be the cocky ones if yall are like "who can score on us"

Ghost_25
12-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Burnet can be #1 until Saturday.

JasperDog94
12-01-2002, 04:29 PM
This talk of nobody being able to score on Jasper is just that....Talk. You can throw out all the records up to this point. All it takes is a close game and one lucky bounce of the ball and either team could end up in the championship game.

Am I proud that Jasper hasn't been scored on in the past three games? You betcha! But that doesn't mean squat against Burnet.

I remember a game in the early 80's where Jasper had only given up 1 touchdown in the regular season. We ran into a runningback from Willowridge named Thurman Thomas who scored 3 touchdowns on us in the first half. Anything can happen.

That said, if Jasper's defense shows up and plays like they have been, Jasper wins this one hands down.

Jasper 27
Burnet 10

Reveille
12-01-2002, 04:36 PM
BurnetDawg:

Ghost_25:
Glad we get to play a cocky Burnet team. Sorry yall got in the way.:rolleyes: Burnet is far from cocky yall must be the cocky ones if yall are like "who can score on us"Be sure to take notice that this came from a Silsbee poster, not Jasper. I saw several folks from Silsbee and Newton at BC the game.

BurnetDawg
12-01-2002, 04:40 PM
sorry bout that i just hate the trash talk its so jr.high

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 04:47 PM
BarneyBulldawg4President:
Bulldog_fan can you clarify someting for me in your next to last post? Do you mean that Burnet has lost one or Jasper? If you meant Burnet, we have not lost a game yet this season. Just clarifying...durnit!Jasper has lost one.

Ghost_25
12-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Who is a Silsbee poster.

MARLINFAN
12-01-2002, 04:57 PM
I THINK MARLIN WOULD GIVE JASPER A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY

MARLINFAN
12-01-2002, 04:58 PM
I THINK MARLIN WOULD GIVE JASPER A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY

j_dog
12-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Burnet fans, no true Jasper fans wants to or means to belittle the Burnet team in any way. Burnet has a claim on #1. Jasper wants to be #1. The only way they can get there is to beat #1.

Thank you for the opportunity. And Reveille is right, the post that started this, and some of the most supportive of Jasper's strength are not from Jasper fans, but from teams that have had the opportunity to play and see them first hand.

That said, I am glad that Jasper is getting the chance to play the #1 team and I would think you would be happy to get to play Jasper. After Saturday, there should be be no doubt. Now as to Burnet comments that they were the "underdog" in their game with Sinton, I think Harris picked Burnet by 12??? And what was the score? 19-7, exactly a 12 point margin? And I think I said Burnet should win? Thursday, Harris should be out with a prediction for Burnet/Jasper. I will take whatever Harris says for my pick.

And I don't even care if you score on Jasper. I only want the WIN. Okay, well I do want the shutout also.

Good luck to both teams.

j dawg
12-01-2002, 05:22 PM
To burnet

I was told that Sinton lost both linebacker's
and starting center to injury's. Jasper's
pretty healthy :rolleyes:

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 05:22 PM
MARLINFAN:
I THINK MARLIN WOULD GIVE JASPER A RUN FOR THEIR MONEYYou are right. Marlin does give Jasper a run for our money every week. Marlin Cook that is. It is well worth every dollar we spend to get to see him play. We love you dawgs.

runninrabbit04
12-01-2002, 05:35 PM
I think Jasper is the best 4A team in 3A, good job Jasper

JasperDog94
12-01-2002, 06:01 PM
runninrabbit04:
I think Jasper is the best 4A team in 3A, good job JasperGreat! Here we go again.

Look, Jasper was a really good 4A team and also one of the smallest. Now we meet the requirements for 3A. So now we get to be one of the larger schools. Deal with it. No disrespect is intended, but let's not even go here. If Jasper goes all the way (and I do emphasize IF) then I don't want to hear any excuses. All the teams in 3A met the requirements. Period!

Jason1725
12-01-2002, 06:11 PM
I think Jasper fans, well the ones who keep up with stuff know that Burnet is rated #1 for a reason. Now, with that being said I have to say this for my fellow rasslin fans " To be the best you have to beat the best. Whooooooo!" Ric Flair. I am glad we are playing you guys it should be a good game. Now we can get back to the great sarcasism of 29x281.

Jason1725
12-01-2002, 06:15 PM
Oops that should be sarcasm, you know those fingers have a mind of their own.

Blackcat03
12-01-2002, 06:16 PM
i dont care who you play in texas high school football playoffs, but when you shut out 3 teams in a row, thats pretty darn good. ima tell burnet now, #85 doesnt look like much on film, i said the same thing, but when you step on the field with him he WILL dominate you whether you double or triple team him, he will break through. and if you try to cut block him he will shove you to the ground. so yall better get some kinda scheme to stop him and the rest of their huge D-line. as for their offense, go on ahead and strap some rocket boosters from wilie coyote's ACME box onto your cleats, i swear yall are gonna need them. i say jasper 35-0. go dawgs, since playin yall ive become a great fan, good luck to yall in your quest for state.

Jason1725
12-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Oops that should be sarcasm, you know those fingers have a mind of their own.

Reveille
12-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Blackcat03:
i dont care who you play in texas high school football playoffs, but when you shut out 3 teams in a row, thats pretty darn good. ima tell burnet now, #85 doesnt look like much on film, i said the same thing, but when you step on the field with him he WILL dominate you whether you double or triple team him, he will break through. and if you try to cut block him he will shove you to the ground. so yall better get some kinda scheme to stop him and the rest of their huge D-line. as for their offense, go on ahead and strap some rocket boosters from wilie coyote's ACME box onto your cleats, i swear yall are gonna need them. i say jasper 35-0. go dawgs, since playin yall ive become a great fan, good luck to yall in your quest for state.ROTFLMAO!!!!! Thanks for the props Blackcat, but it will be a closer game than 35-0

greendog fan
12-01-2002, 06:53 PM
j_dog:
Burnet fans, no true Jasper fans wants to or means to belittle the Burnet team in any way. Burnet has a claim on #1. Jasper wants to be #1. The only way they can get there is to beat #1.

Thank you for the opportunity. And Reveille is right, the post that started this, and some of the most supportive of Jasper's strength are not from Jasper fans, but from teams that have had the opportunity to play and see them first hand.

That said, I am glad that Jasper is getting the chance to play the #1 team and I would think you would be happy to get to play Jasper. After Saturday, there should be be no doubt. Now as to Burnet comments that they were the "underdog" in their game with Sinton, I think Harris picked Burnet by 12??? And what was the score? 19-7, exactly a 12 point margin? And I think I said Burnet should win? Thursday, Harris should be out with a prediction for Burnet/Jasper. I will take whatever Harris says for my pick.

And I don't even care if you score on Jasper. I only want the WIN. Okay, well I do want the shutout also.

Good luck to both teams.good post j dog. who cares whos #1 now. The real #1 will be crowned as that week after next. I,m still pulling for my Burnet Bulldogs in the upset. See ya Saturday.