PDA

View Full Version : We are not a Top 10

M-town lobo fan
10-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Monahans 28 Seminole 14

3 Reasons We are not Top 10
1.Penalties avg around 8-10
2.Secondary is weak,Cant cover anyone.Give up too many Big Plays
3.Predictable on Offense.1st & 2nd down go to FB (#8) up the middle,3rd down pass to #40.Deffense just has to stack the line on 1st & 2nd and cover #40 on 3rd.

I never seen a Team give the ball to the FB 20 x a game.Completely took out our best playmaker out of the game plan(#13)..Since when did Mike Alstott and Daryl Johnston run the ball 20 x a game..

Tin Cup
10-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Monahans will be fine...don't be so harsh just enjoy the ride...the kids and coaches work their butts off...just hope and pray you don't have to play Brownwood :D

Good Luck to the Loboes this year!!!

M-town lobo fan
10-16-2010, 07:26 AM
True! Guess I should be happy we are 8-0.We only had 4/4 return from last year.Better ride than most expected and hope we dont run into Brownwood in the Playoffs..:)

bwdlionfan
10-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
True! Guess I should be happy we are 8-0.We only had 4/4 return from last year.Better ride than most expected and hope we dont run into Brownwood in the Playoffs..:)

Enjoy it... you guys will be fine. I hope you take Snyder out though. I like playing new teams/teams we haven't played before.

Snotbubbles
10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I like playing new teams/teams we haven't played before.

U mean beat B4 don't ya?

bwdlionfan
10-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
U mean beat B4 don't ya?

Well I meant haven't played before (recently).... have we played Monahans way back in the day? We probably have but not anytime recent.

M-town lobo fan
10-20-2010, 07:15 AM
I dont know but I hope we dont play anytime soon :)

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Monahans 28 Seminole 14

3.Predictable on Offense.1st & 2nd down go to FB (#8) up the middle,3rd down pass to #40.Deffense just has to stack the line on 1st & 2nd and cover #40 on 3rd.

I never seen a Team give the ball to the FB 20 x a game.Completely took out our best playmaker out of the game plan(#13)..Since when did Mike Alstott and Daryl Johnston run the ball 20 x a game..

Bellville's premier back in the late 90's-early 2000's was the fullback. Im sure he had close to 30 carries a game more so than not.

tex_male
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
have we played Monahans way back in the day? We probably have but not anytime recent.

Brownwood and Monahans has played 5 times in the past. Brownwood 4-0-1

1938, 1960, 1970 tie, 1974, & 1976

DUKE22
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Monahans 28 Seminole 14

I never seen a Team give the ball to the FB 20 x a game.Completely took out our best playmaker out of the game plan(#13)..Since when did Mike Alstott and Daryl Johnston run the ball 20 x a game.. Alot of it is the system. It is not uncommon in the Wing T for the FB to get just as many if not more carries than the HB. I think Coach Owens does a pretty good job.

Ernest T Bass
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Seriously, you dont get many opportunities to win 8 games in a row. Just enjoy it.

weenman33
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I really hope you are kidding about the reasons we are not a top 10...

Obviously everyone knows seminole was picked to win district this year... was that a game, no it was not and obviously monahans is very well disciplined because of what happened at the start of the game and how after the first 5 minutes they didnt give up 1 more offsides penalty...

Of course they are gonna run a FB right down the pipe Scharf is a good player and is strong, and obviously they run #13 Cano quite a bit really they just didnt use him as much against seminole because they didnt need to... If you think anyone is going to be able to stop Roark and Robledo from hooking up on passes theres something wrong, if they decide to double up on Robledo that would leave man on man somewhere else or put one less player on one side of the field Coach Owens and his staff sees these things especially the ones upstairs and they know what is going on... I believe you belief on Monahans not being in the TOP 10 is a FAILURE...

skins4life
10-20-2010, 05:44 PM
We know but, you're ahead of us in the rankings. :D

OldNavy
10-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I think Massey Ratings has you at #7. It may not be any more accurate than other polls, but it is a math algorithm and not a bunch of sports writers votes, and as it gets later in the season, the more accurate it seems to get. So hey, you are in the top 10 in at least one poll.

Congratulations!

M-town lobo fan
10-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by weenman33

Obviously everyone knows seminole was picked to win district this year... was that a game, no it was not and obviously monahans is very well disciplined because of what happened at the start of the game and how after the first 5 minutes they didnt give up 1 more offsides penalty...

Of course they are gonna run a FB right down the pipe Scharf is a good player and is strong, and obviously they run #13 Cano quite a bit really they just didnt use him as much against seminole because they didnt need to... If you think anyone is going to be able to stop Roark and Robledo from hooking up on passes theres something wrong, if they decide to double up on Robledo that would leave man on man somewhere else or put one less player on one side of the field Coach Owens and his staff sees these things especially the ones upstairs and they know what is going on... I believe you belief on Monahans not being in the TOP 10 is a FAILURE...
Coach Owens is a Great Coach and I dont take anything away from the FB he is a good player but he was out for 3 or 4 games and our offense was rolling on all cylinders.Now that he is back seems the Offense is revolving around him when the HB avg twice as much yrds per carry..Its all good he's good and will get you 4 or 5 yrds a carry but just think we have other playmakers also that can put the games away.We can get away with it against weak teams we are facing now but come Playoff time its a diffrent story.Teams are starting to catch on like Borger and Seminole exposed us.Seminole no disrespect but they given up 50+ points to a couple of avg teams and we barely put up 28.

LoboesWT
10-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Coach Owens is a Great Coach and I dont take anything away from the FB he is a good player but he was out for 3 or 4 games and our offense was rolling on all cylinders.Now that he is back seems the Offense is revolving around him when the HB avg twice as much yrds per carry..Its all good he's good and will get you 4 or 5 yrds a carry but just think we have other playmakers also that can put the games away.We can get away with it against weak teams we are facing now but come Playoff time its a diffrent story.Teams are starting to catch on like Borger and Seminole exposed us.Seminole no disrespect but they given up 50+ points to a couple of avg teams and we barely put up 28.

If Coach Owens is a Great Coach than why question the play calling. You are taking away from the rest of the team when you say #13 is the playmaker on this team. Granted he is a good player as well as the O-line and they developed well in the absence of the starting FB during those 3-4 games in non-district. The Defense with the leaders #40 and #7 have kept the Loboes close in all games. If you would check the Box Scores of the last few games no one player was the focal point of the offense, it was spread around quite evenly. The Borger first half had to be their worst team showing of a first half and #13 had the same amount of touches as #8, but their defense had figured out how to stop the outside running game. That game was won in the second half when the Wing T offense utilized hard-nosed running as the Coaches stated. The Seminole game should have easily been 42 points in the third quarter, but both drives where stalled out in their half of the field and #8 was not on the field. The playmakers on this team all wear Loboes jerseys and work together. NO one person is going to win it this year for the Loboes, it will take them all!!!!

Daddy D 11
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Is Monahans experiencing a down year?

Is it time to fire Owens?

WTF-82
10-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Monahans 28 Seminole 14

First I was not there for this game but had many conversations from former coaches,players about the game.
With all this said I dont think you understand the Monahans system. Owens is brilliant one the best play callers out of the wing T and is developing greatness in our Program our offense is a combo if we run a play action pass on 3rd or whatever down fake the sweep and roll out there are other routes open if Roark chooses to throw 'to Rombledo is because he loves his receiver and has all the confidance in the world that he will come down with the ball this is more of a QB decision , I guarantee you he saw his decision making in the film room and I dont blame him Rombledo will go up and get it. Come playoff time the play calling will get more wide open when needed. Owens had a game plan for Seminole and stuck with it found some areas to work on and wants to continue to develop a tough FB#8 his TB #13 will get his touches as always but from what I understand they were coming from outside alot storming with outside blitzes sounds like some great audibles to me dont smak on the play calling unless you understand what the staff is doing in Monahans we put all confidence in the coaching staff. Seminole played there best game of the year they are healthy now they have been game planing for Loboes for many weeks now its District play they were not worrying about non district those game are only to get ready for when it counts and that is now District play. If you want more detalils about this offense and sweet blocking schemes come see me in Angelo in my office LOL! I got this offense down I love it would use it at any program at HS level. Sorry to of got so hard on you just felt you needed to hear this. But I will see I agree I dont think we are top 10 prob in the top 20 but our kids will continue to get better every week.

WTF-82
10-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Is Monahans experiencing a down year?

Is it time to fire Owens?

LOL!!! 8-0 be 9-0 soon and I predict another 10-0 regular season. No down year !! how bout were your hood is are ya rolling.

WTF-82
10-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
If Coach Owens is a Great Coach than why question the play calling. You are taking away from the rest of the team when you say #13 is the playmaker on this team. Granted he is a good player as well as the O-line and they developed well in the absence of the starting FB during those 3-4 games in non-district. The Defense with the leaders #40 and #7 have kept the Loboes close in all games. If you would check the Box Scores of the last few games no one player was the focal point of the offense, it was spread around quite evenly. The Borger first half had to be their worst team showing of a first half and #13 had the same amount of touches as #8, but their defense had figured out how to stop the outside running game. That game was won in the second half when the Wing T offense utilized hard-nosed running as the Coaches stated. The Seminole game should have easily been 42 points in the third quarter, but both drives where stalled out in their half of the field and #8 was not on the field. The playmakers on this team all wear Loboes jerseys and work together. NO one person is going to win it this year for the Loboes, it will take them all!!!!

Well said!!! Thanks for the great info the 3 games I have watched this year #5 on the defense has been my favorite lots of heart and plays smart learning every week shows the LOBO spirit every week to the fullest. This group is the ultimate group that understand team. Team

Daddy D 11
10-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
LOL!!! 8-0 be 9-0 soon and I predict another 10-0 regular season. No down year !! how bout were your hood is are ya rolling.

Please speak english.

OPERATOR
10-21-2010, 04:34 AM
Enjoy it... you guys will be fine. I hope you take Snyder out though. I like playing new teams/teams we haven't played before.

They won't take Snyder out, not a chance. :devil:

M-town lobo fan
10-21-2010, 07:28 AM
The playmakers on this team all wear Loboes jerseys and work together. NO one person is going to win it this year for the Loboes, it will take them all!!!!

Well Said! That was my whole point!

M-town lobo fan
10-21-2010, 01:40 PM
If Coach Owens is a Great Coach than why question the play calling. You are taking away from the rest of the team when you say #13 is the playmaker on this team.
Coach Owens is a Great Coach and Im not questioning his play calling just my opinion and hope we are not loosing focus and making this a 1 man team.I take nothing away or criticize any player or Coach bc they do work hard.Just my opinion why we are not a top 10 team and playing flat.My Opinion doesnt matter bc we are ALL Friday Night Coachs from the stands and from the couchs on NFL Sundays :). By no means am I calling #8 out or criticizing him bc he is a good player and he does what the coachs ask him to do and We are a better Team with him.Just think we need no share the love.But here is my arguements:

With out #8 Previous 3 games With #8 Last 3 Games
#13 att. 38 rush 382 10 TD #8 att 44 rush 236 5 TD
Team :327 yrds per game Team:192 yrds per game
47 points per game 30 points per game

Tres Lobos
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Coach Owens is a Great Coach and Im not questioning his play calling just my opinion and hope we are not loosing focus and making this a 1 man team.I take nothing away or criticize any player or Coach bc they do work hard.Just my opinion why we are not a top 10 team and playing flat.My Opinion doesnt matter bc we are ALL Friday Night Coachs from the stands and from the couchs on NFL Sundays :). By no means am I calling #8 out or criticizing him bc he is a good player and he does what the coachs ask him to do and We are a better Team with him.Just think we need no share the love.But here is my arguements:

With out #8 Previous 3 games With #8 Last 3 Games
#13 att. 38 rush 382 10 TD #8 att 44 rush 236 5 TD
Team :327 yrds per game Team:192 yrds per game
47 points per game 30 points per game

The Wing T is built around a good fullback. Look back at every year Coach owens has been in monahans and you'll see that the fullback has led the team in rushing every year. #8 Byron Scharf is the best player in that backfield other then #7 Roark at QB. Scharf led this team last year into the playoffs when the starting backs got hurt. He has the experience and needs to have the ball late in games. #13 Pedro Cano is a good back too, which makes this backfield tough. Against seminole Coach Owens didn't have to show his whole hand to beat them. He'll show all his tricks when he has too. Which probably won't be till the playoffs in the 2nd or for sure in the 3rd round. If this team wants to make a deep run, their going to need scharf late in ball games to finish off some teams.

M-town lobo fan
10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
If you would check the Box Scores of the last few games no one player was the focal point of the offense, it was spread around quite evenly. The Borger first half had to be their worst team showing of a first half and #13 had the same amount of touches as #8, but their defense had figured out how to stop the outside running game. That game was won in the second half when the Wing T offense utilized hard-nosed running as the Coaches stated.

Monahans 21
Borger 15
Boxscore: Rushing
#8 :17 att 107 yrds
#13 : 7 att 25 yrds

Odessa American Coach Owens Stated Quote:
“They loaded the box and made us have to throw the football,” Monahans head football coach Mickey Owens said.

Roark found running back Logan Mitchell for a 3-yard touchdown

Roark found receiver Payton Marcum for a 15-yard touchdown

Dont now what game you were watching but Stats and statements dont look like hard-nosed running utilized more Like Roark doing his thing and spreading the love

LoboesWT
10-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Monahans 21
Borger 15
Boxscore: Rushing
#8 :17 att 107 yrds
#13 : 7 att 25 yrds

Odessa American Coach Owens Stated Quote:
“They loaded the box and made us have to throw the football,” Monahans head football coach Mickey Owens said.

Roark found running back Logan Mitchell for a 3-yard touchdown

Roark found receiver Payton Marcum for a 15-yard touchdown

Dont now what game you were watching but Stats and statements dont look like hard-nosed running utilized more Like Roark doing his thing and spreading the love

Yeah I can see your point #13 avg more yards per carry, oh wait a minute 25 divided by 7 equals 3.57 yards per carry and 107 divided by 17 equals 6.29 yards per carry. I stated the number of carries in the first half was equal. If you where at the game you would have seen the two touchdown passes were of play action. DO I need to explain to you how play action works or can you figure that out. Let me explain play action in the wing T. You fake the hand-off to a running back and the quarter back keeps it and throws a touchdown. It is set up off the run, because the running of the ball successfully is what causes them to load the box. And yes that is what let's Roark do his thing and notice that he did not only throw it to Robledo as you have previously stated. So yes all the Loboes get involved contrary to your real point of why doesn't #13 get the ball more. We were able to pass more effectively in that game because of the wing T running game and other receivers where utilized thus "sharing the love".

M-town lobo fan
10-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah I can see your point #13 avg more yards per carry, oh wait a minute 25 divided by 7 equals 3.57 yards per carry and 107 divided by 17 equals 6.29 yards per carry. I stated the number of carries in the first half was equal. If you where at the game you would have seen the two touchdown passes were of play action. DO I need to explain to you how play action works or can you figure that out. Let me explain play action in the wing T. You fake the hand-off to a running back and the quarter back keeps it and throws a touchdown. It is set up off the run, because the running of the ball successfully is what causes them to load the box. And yes that is what let's Roark do his thing and notice that he did not only throw it to Robledo as you have previously stated. So yes all the Loboes get involved contrary to your real point of why doesn't #13 get the ball more. We were able to pass more effectively in that game because of the wing T running game and other receivers where utilized thus "sharing the love".

M-town lobo fan
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Well if you were at the game you would know that #13 only had 2 carries in the 1st half and we were down 0-6 bc we were trying to run #8 simultaneously against a stack box and play action wasnt working bc they had 8 or 9 in the box and by the time monahans faked it Borger was in the backfield and Roark was in trouble.And #8 107 yrds half of that came in the last drive of the half when Borger was up 6-0 and they went to prevent with a minute left and 70 yrds to go they didnt want to give up the big play.#13 5 0ut of 7 carries came when the game was close and on the line Borgers deffense was playing lights out..Now let me explain to you how Play action worked..Coachs adjusted at half figured running up the middle with #8 wasnt working bc we were down 0-6 with like 50 total yrds so we went to the pass which then opened up the run where more of #8 yrds came.Then your theory of play action came to an effect.
Wait a Minute:
#13 att 87 yrds 627 per carry 7.21 ,12 TD
#8 att 72 yrs 410 per carry 5.69,10 TD
#8 has 15 less carries this season and missed 3 games
#13 has 1 td since the return of #8(last 3 games)
I recall the last game #13 go around 60 or 70 yrds in 3 plays to be stopped a couple yards short of the endzone then they turn around the next play give it to #8 for the easey score..#13 was hot and deserved that Td wheres the love? Hopefully this dont hurt his confidents bc its starting to be a routine

LoboesWT
10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Well if you were at the game you would know that #13 only had 2 carries in the 1st half and we were down 0-6 bc we were trying to run #8 simultaneously against a stack box and play action wasnt working bc they had 8 or 9 in the box and by the time monahans faked it Borger was in the backfield and Roark was in trouble.And #8 107 yrds half of that came in the last drive of the half when Borger was up 6-0 and they went to prevent with a minute left and 70 yrds to go they didnt want to give up the big play.#13 5 0ut of 7 carries came when the game was close and on the line Borgers deffense was playing lights out..Now let me explain to you how Play action worked..Coachs adjusted at half figured running up the middle with #8 wasnt working bc we were down 0-6 with like 50 total yrds so we went to the pass which then opened up the run where more of #8 yrds came.Then your theory of play action came to an effect.
Wait a Minute:
I recall the last game #13 go around 60 or 70 yrds in 3 plays to be stopped a couple yards short of the endzone then they turn around the next play give it to #8 for the easey score..#13 was hot and deserved that Td wheres the love? Hopefully this dont hurt his confidents bc its starting to be a routine

It is obvious where your loyalties lie and it is not with those Loboes(the team).

1. Saying they are not top ten worthy, when all those Loboes have done is go out and win, especially when they where expected, and picked, to lose in most of the games.

2. Complaining again and again and again about playcalling, but yet saying Coach Owens is a great coach.

3. Stating "share the love", but only mentioning #13.

The team I see on the field has so many more numbers then #13. I will add, I agree he is a good player and part of this team and as important as any other number on this team. How bout that number #32 that never stops and plays as big as anyone in our district or what about that group of sophmores starting with #50 that continues to make big play after big play. It takes a team to win and that is what they have done. Once you stop watching the game through a number 13 pair of glasses, you will learn to appreciate the now unique Wing-T style of offense. Unique because not many run it as well as those Loboes.

M-town lobo fan
10-22-2010, 06:34 AM
It is obvious where your loyalties lie and it is not with those Loboes(the team).

1. Saying they are not top ten worthy, when all those Loboes have done is go out and win, especially when they where expected, and picked, to lose in most of the games.

2. Complaining again and again and again about playcalling, but yet saying Coach Owens is a great coach.

3. Stating "share the love", but only mentioning #13.

The team I see on the field has so many more numbers then #13. I will add, I agree he is a good player and part of this team and as important as any other number on this team. How bout that number #32 that never stops and plays as big as anyone in our district or what about that group of sophmores starting with #50 that continues to make big play after big play. It takes a team to win and that is what they have done. Once you stop watching the game through a number 13 pair of glasses, you will learn to appreciate the now unique Wing-T style of offense. Unique because not many run it as well as those Loboes.

I'm a Die Hard Loboes Fan Its just my opion on why I think at this point we are not top 10 never said we are not worthy.We do have good Team and can be Great.Your right #13 is not the only good player on the team but my point is niether is #8.We have have a great group of kids.Im not comlaining about Coach just wondering why all of sudden he forgot about #13 but we are winning so guess it doesnt matter its working why fix it but we are looking flat lately.Roark and Robledo are doint their thing,The offense of line is surprising and improving so doesnt matter who's backfield #8,#13,#4,#21..Coach is doing a great job considering we only had 4/4 return and have been picked to loose in most of those games.
I know nothing about football,I know nothing about the Wing T,I dont appreciate it Maybe I should call Jason Garrett tel him to start running some Wing T full back dives 20x a game to Chris Gronkowsi to set up playaction it works for us why not give a try.:)

Tres Lobos
10-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm a Die Hard Loboes Fan Its just my opion on why I think at this point we are not top 10 never said we are not worthy.We do have good Team and can be Great.Your right #13 is not the only good player on the team but my point is niether is #8.We have have a great group of kids.Im not comlaining about Coach just wondering why all of sudden he forgot about #13 but we are winning so guess it doesnt matter its working why fix it but we are looking flat lately.Roark and Robledo are doint their thing,The offense of line is surprising and improving so doesnt matter who's backfield #8,#13,#4,#21..Coach is doing a great job considering we only had 4/4 return and have been picked to loose in most of those games.
I know nothing about football,I know nothing about the Wing T,I dont appreciate it Maybe I should call Jason Garrett tel him to start running some Wing T full back dives 20x a game to Chris Gronkowsi to set up playaction it works for us why not give a try.:)

Ok like I said in my earlier post, THE WING T IS BUILT AROUND A GOOD FULLBACK. The fullback in a wing T isn't like a fullback in any other offense. He isn't just a big hardnosed blocker every play. He's pretty much like a tailback in most offenses. So until you start figuring out what your talking about I probably wouldn't say to much about who should get the ball and who shouldn't. Go back and look at some stats about the Wing T offense before criticizing it.

M-town lobo fan
10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Ok like I said in my earlier post, THE WING T IS BUILT AROUND A GOOD FULLBACK. The fullback in a wing T isn't like a fullback in any other offense. He isn't just a big hardnosed blocker every play. He's pretty much like a tailback in most offenses. So until you start figuring out what your talking about I probably wouldn't say to much about who should get the ball and who shouldn't. Go back and look at some stats about the Wing T offense before criticizing it.
LOL! Im not criticizing the Wing T or the Fb.I know how the Wing T works.We have had good success with it in the past with FB's like Graves,Denton ect..I like #8 and #13 equally think they are a good 1,2 punch but here recently(last 3 games)all we been throwing is jabs, no hooks to knockout these teams that shouldnt even be on the field with us..We can not afford to turn 1 dimensional come playoff time..

weenman33
10-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't understand at one point in your post you complain about throwing to one reciever and whatnot then next you tell me its wrong for the coaches to change up who gets the ball... I don't know if u watched that killing of Greenwood but Canon played a great game and got some great runs and they used scharf for more of a power runner... he was hurt its hard to play when ubare hurt... Wade also threw passes to almost every reciever we have but Greenwood also found all of our secondary... I think they are maturing as a team and learning to work the ball in more then 1 way... but I guess when we meet Snyder in the playoffs we will see who wins

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't understand at one point in your post you complain about throwing to one reciever and whatnot then next you tell me its wrong for the coaches to change up who gets the ball... I don't know if u watched that killing of Greenwood but Canon played a great game and got some great runs and they used scharf for more of a power runner... he was hurt its hard to play when ubare hurt... Wade also threw passes to almost every reciever we have but Greenwood also found all of our secondary... I think they are maturing as a team and learning to work the ball in more then 1 way... but I guess when we meet Snyder in the playoffs we will see who wins

Yeah it was a Great Game for all the guys in Loboes Jersey's and Coach's.#20 had 3 INT,#32 was playing lights out on D,#5 & #33 had TD reception.#7 and #40 did their thing..Coachs play calling was on point mixing it up with Power running from #8 and some quick pitch to #13..Then playaction with #7.Greenwood didnt know what to do..
I didnt mean to to stir up things or come down on any player & coach.Just felt we had been struggling & becoming one dimensional the last 3 games.I know how the Wing T works and Last night was Exactly what my point was that I wanted to see more of.I know Greenwood is a little down this year but now other Teams seen what we can do with other players..Keep their D on their toes..This Team has alot of heart and dont know how to loose got love them Loboes this year!

weenman33
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I hope they meet Snyder 2nd round and just unload on them... there team as a whole has nothing compared to monahans

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I hope they meet Snyder 2nd round and just unload on them... there team as a whole has nothing compared to monahans

It will happen in the 3rd round if Snyder makes it..Think we are getn Clint in the 1st round and the winner of Estacodo vs Perryton,Dalhart,Pampa,Borger the 2nd round..
Snyder claims they have imroved but still seems to me they are a 1 man team (Ward) with no D

garciap77
10-23-2010, 09:33 PM
It will happen in the 3rd round if Snyder makes it..Think we are getn Clint in the 1st round and the winner of Estacodo vs Perryton,Dalhart,Pampa,Borger the 2nd round..
Snyder claims they have imroved but still seems to me they are a 1 man team (Ward) with no D

Don't let the Brownwood score fool!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Monahans 28 Seminole 14

Based on the way you're talking, there is no way you can be a member of that football team; because nobody would talk like that about their own team. With that being said, why did you choose to use the word "we" in the title of this thread?

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Based on the way you're talking, there is no way you can be a member of that football team; because nobody would talk like that about their own team. With that being said, why did you choose to use the word "we" in the title of this thread?
Lol! It's a figure of speech but I Dont think 90% or more of us on 3adownlow play on a team or a member of their Team.This is a message board Trust me Ive heard worse way worse on here and in the stands people talk bad about their Team..I said nothing bad about the Monahans Loboes just an opinion...and heres another one:Monahans would kill Rockdale:eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Lol! It's a figure of speech but I Dont think 90% or more of us on 3adownlow play on a team or a member of their Team.This is a message board Trust me Ive heard worse way worse on here and in the stands people talk bad about their Team..I said nothing bad about the Monahans Loboes just an opinion...and heres another one:Monahans would kill Rockdale:eek:

Yeah, and I never disputed that point at all. I was more concerned about the fact that it's a game played by kids. Not by you. So it's probably best to just sit back and enjoy it. Because it's their hopes and dreams and you get the privilege of watching them grow up, learn, and make some of the best memories of their life. You can make those memories so much better by being supportive, and you'll feel a lot better about doing it too than to getting on a message board and throwing a hissy fit.

Enjoy the game, and don't be a...

http://goodniteirene.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/crying_baby_medium.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
just an opinion...and heres another one:Monahans would kill Rockdale:eek:

Well, unfortunately for you, I'm not upset or have any hurt feelings by this statement. If I'm going to try to one-up somebody, I definitely wouldn't say the boys who play for my hometown football team could beat the boys who play for your hometown football team to try to do it.

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, and I never disputed that point at all. I was more concerned about the fact that it's a game played by kids. Not by you. So it's probably best to just sit back and enjoy it. Because it's their hopes and dreams and you get the privilege of watching them grow up, learn, and make some of the best memories of their life. You can make those memories so much better by being supportive, and you'll feel a lot better about doing it too than to getting on a message board and throwing a hissy fit.

Enjoy the game, and don't be a...

http://goodniteirene.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/crying_baby_medium.jpg
I know I feel alot better about it than you do about your 4-4 Team!That should be your concern not Me.This is a message board freedom of speech as long as I follow the rules it's ok..Maybe you should voice your opinion on what you think is wrong with your 4-4 Team they might win like the Loboes did last night 54-6..Instead of coming in here name calling..Trust me I enjoy watching these kids and the ones before and the ones after and so on!

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Well, unfortunately for you, I'm not upset or have any hurt feelings by this statement. If I'm going to try to one-up somebody, I definitely wouldn't say the boys who play for my hometown football team could beat the boys who play for your hometown football team to try to do it.
You told me to be Supportive:confused:

DukeNukem
10-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Wait a Minute:

I seriously hope you are not associated with this team in any way other than being the local village idiot in the stands. This group of Loboes is all about team. They don't care who is getting to score touchdowns or who gets their name in the paper. The only thing that could hurt this team right now other than injuries is some idiot stirring things up. I guess they should even try to get the backup holder a touchdown so he doesn't lose any confidence. That may be the dumbest thing I have ever read. You obviously don't know what your talking about. It should never matter who scores as long as the team scores. Heck it is the offensive lineman and lead blockers that actually make the touchdown.

As far as who carries the ball, it all comes down to how the defense is playing. I guess you failed to see the performance #8 put on against Snyder or the second half he had against Borger. #13 has some special talents and I am glad they both play for the Loboes. They remind me alot of the Graves/Roberson combination.

M-town lobo fan
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
I seriously hope you are not associated with this team in any way other than being the local village idiot in the stands. This group of Loboes is all about team. They don't care who is getting to score touchdowns or who gets their name in the paper. The only thing that could hurt this team right now other than injuries is some idiot stirring things up. I guess they should even try to get the backup holder a touchdown so he doesn't lose any confidence. That may be the dumbest thing I have ever read. You obviously don't know what your talking about. It should never matter who scores as long as the team scores. Heck it is the offensive lineman and lead blockers that actually make the touchdown.

As far as who carries the ball, it all comes down to how the defense is playing. I guess you failed to see the performance #8 put on against Snyder or the second half he had against Borger. #13 has some special talents and I am glad they both play for the Loboes. They remind me alot of the Graves/Roberson combination.
Your just an Idiot Period if you are gonna compare #8 to Graves!
I know the kids know its a team sport but to say they dont care who score and gets their name in the paper is the dumbest thing I ever heard bc wheather you or anyone else as kid didnt dream about that is unreal.
Everyone just miss understood my point guess I came off wrong but I said it cant take it back.Didnt mean to get everyones pannies in a wad..I'll take the criticism.Go Loboes!

navajo joe
11-09-2010, 09:05 PM

Of course they are gonna run a FB right down the pipe Scharf is a good player and is strong, and obviously they run #13 Cano quite a bit really they just didnt use him as much against seminole because they didnt need to... If you think anyone is going to be able to stop Roark and Robledo from hooking up on passes theres something wrong, if they decide to double up on Robledo that would leave man on man somewhere else or put one less player on one side of the field Coach Owens and his staff sees these things especially the ones upstairs and they know what is going on... I believe you belief on Monahans not being in the TOP 10 is a FAILURE... we had you all scared through the whole game with our sophmore QB , let me remind you he was pretty successful against the monahans defense ,and he will be around for 2 more years ,also remindingyou our defense stopped your offense twice on the goaline .once again do not over look seminole because as young as we are we might surprise you!

Tres Lobos
11-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by navajo joe
we had you all scared through the whole game with our sophmore QB , let me remind you he was pretty successful against the monahans defense ,and he will be around for 2 more years ,also remindingyou our defense stopped your offense twice on the goaline .once again do not over look seminole because as young as we are we might surprise you!

Other then roark and robledo were young, wait till Scharf and Cano come back next year and run all over seminole again. Until seminole gets tougher and makes football as important as basketball then they will never beat monahans.

navajo joe
11-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Other then roark and robledo were young, wait till Scharf and Cano come back next year and run all over seminole again. Until seminole gets tougher and makes football as important as basketball then they will never beat monahans. you didnt run all over us this year what makes you think you will do it next year .we have alot of returners next year we will be strong.

Daddy D 11
11-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Gosh, Monahans is awful.

loboes86
11-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Gosh, Monahans is awful. Yeah I guess we are.

M-town lobo fan
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Gosh, Monahans is awful.
Yeah we are, NOT! Liberty Hill strength of schedule is awful!You lost 2 games to 2 below avg teams and got a weak playoff bracket schedule.Look like our district schedule.It's gonna be ashame if you dont make it atleast 3 rounds goodluck!

loboes86
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah we are, NOT! Liberty Hill strength of schedule is awful!You lost 2 games to 2 below avg teams and got a weak playoff bracket schedule.Look like our district schedule.It's gonna be ashame if you dont make it atleast 3 rounds goodluck! M-town he's just tryin to stir a big ol pot of stuff, just agree and ignore DaddyD11.

Tres Lobos
11-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by navajo joe
you didnt run all over us this year what makes you think you will do it next year .we have alot of returners next year we will be strong.

Seminole goes into every year saying this is their year and they talk about how fast they are, and every year monahans beats em up physically and lay down after the get down by about 14 points. Until a seminole team proves me wrong I'm gonna keep thinking that.

M-town lobo fan
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
M-town he's just tryin to stir a big ol pot of stuff, just agree and ignore DaddyD11.
I know :D Daddy D is a big time Loboes Hater has been for awhile got love it..You know your doing something right..With success comes enemies :)

AngeloState39
11-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I like #8 and #13 equally think they are a good 1,2 punch but here recently(last 3 games)all we been throwing is jabs, no hooks to knockout these teams that shouldnt even be on the field with us..We can not afford to turn 1 dimensional come playoff time.. this boxing? what you talkin bout rocky?

AngeloState39
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Gosh, Monahans is awful. coming from the man who has lampasas in his district. awful. just awful.