PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley 38 Canyon Lake 18

gold_33
10-15-2010, 10:35 PM
We looked sloppy tonight, didnt look like we had our heads in the game at times. Canyon Lake has a pretty good running back that ran hard, QB was good hit a long TD pass the 1st qtr. We had some big plays but looked to let up late, we gotta fix that and keep our foot on teams throats when were up. A wins a win and we'll take it, should be a easy game next week against Fredricksburg.

clhsdad
10-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Wimberley has a very good team should go a long ways in the playoffs. Thought that last TD with less than a minute was a little uncalled for.

lbjacj
10-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Sealy scored 2 td's in less than a minute and the Hawks were stuffing the run so that's why they threw it there. The game was in doubt the whole way until the last TD.
Ya'll got the makings of a good team but you kept getting penalties on 3rd and short.You still can get in the playoffs if you win out.Your game against Boerne will be the one that decides it.
GL the rest of the way.

lbjacj
10-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Speaking of Boerne...

Navarro Panthers -52
Boerne Greyhounds -12

in Boerne!

Looks like the panthers are for real!:eek:

clhsdad
10-16-2010, 07:15 AM
lbjajc, with all due respect there was no way the game was in doubt at that time. Down 13 pts with 40 or so seconds left take a knee and run the clock out. That was a in your face classless act by the coaching staff.

Much greater chance of making a mistake passing or handing the ball off than taking a knee. So that excuse of 2 touchdowns in less than a will not hold up.

sinton66
10-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by clhsdad
lbjajc, with all due respect there was no way the game was in doubt at that time. Down 13 pts with 40 or so seconds left take a knee and run the clock out. That was a in your face classless act by the coaching staff.

Much greater chance of making a mistake passing or handing the ball off than taking a knee. So that excuse of 2 touchdowns in less than a will not hold up.

Sorry, you're wrong here. I understand exactly what he was saying. It's all about district wins now, and you can't afford to leave anything up to chance. If you had been at Sealy/Wimberley, you'd know exactly where he's coming from. He was actually giving your team a lot of credit.

clhsdad
10-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sorry, you're wrong here. I understand exactly what he was saying. It's all about district wins now, and you can't afford to leave anything up to chance. If you had been at Sealy/Wimberley, you'd know exactly where he's coming from. He was actually giving your team a lot of credit.

I understand he is giving our team credit, I understand about district. I did not have to be at the Sealy game to know where he is coming from. I don't have a problem with the pass to get the first down it is what happened after that. First down inside the 15 with less than a minute a lot less can go wrong when you take a knee as opposed to running the ball. The game was over run the clock out and take your win. The TD was meaningless, nothing against him and I appreciate him defending his team's coaching staff. In my opinion it was wrong.

Snotbubbles
10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by clhsdad

That's Nelms for ya.

bag-o-chips
10-16-2010, 05:20 PM
In District you need positive points for a tiebreaker scenario. Same thing when Navarro scored and went for 2 at Canyon Lake.

NastySlot
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
In District you need positive points for a tiebreaker scenario. Same thing when Navarro scored and went for 2 at Canyon Lake.

I was thinking that last night that the td. was probably scored as part a tie-breaker...in case needed.