Celina 7, Anna 6

block on the xp
8:00 in the first

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Celina 1st and 10 on their own 26

Garcia runs a couple of times to the 46

1st and 10 Bobcats

i am also watching the rangers game so there won't be as many updates tonight lol

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Mendoza runs down to the 10 and the Bobcats are knocking on the door again.

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Celina scores!

Celina 14, Anna 6

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Celina holds Anna inside the Coyotes ten and then they have a 35 yard TD pass once they get the punt back

Celina 21, Anna 6

3:29 in the first quarter

bobcat1
10-15-2010, 07:58 PM
35 yard TD pass for Celina 21-6

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Anna is held on three plays again.

Celina takes it again at their own 43

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Celina forced to punt

Anna takes the ball but after a few plays Preston Watson intercepts

SintonFan
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Why you guys gotta beat up on girls?:(

bobcat1
10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
28-6 Celina

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
10:33 in the 2nd quarter

Celina 28, Anna 6

after a Mendoza run

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Anna intercepts and takes it to the 1

incomplete pass

Meador sacked at the 15

4th and goal

fg coming

feed cut out so i don't know what happened on the kick
6:12 in the half

FG missed apparently, still 28-6

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Cody Rhodes scores on a pass from Stephenson with 33.3 seconds left in the half

Celina 35, Anna 6

orange machine
10-15-2010, 09:00 PM
These refs blow they are calling everything under the sun on Celina. I will be glad when district is over because we are just going through the motions out here. Need some good competition.

charlesrixey
10-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Touchdown Simmons for Celina

Celina 42, Anna 6

7:34 left in the 3rd

BILLYFRED0000
10-15-2010, 10:43 PM
56 6 final

ssgmp5150
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
You can't have your cake and eat it too in Celina.....Last year Celina did face some good competition and look what their record ended up being....Now, they have a cupcake schedule and are killing people every week and you are complaining that you can't wait for some good competition????? Which schedule do you want????? How you guys dodged the likes of Argyle, Prosper, Pilot Point, Sanger, Gainesville, etc and ended up playing scrub teams that are way east of you guys I have no idea???? I would not complain to much if I were you and be happy with the dominating wins you guys are getting right now. Sorry....not trying to hijack the thread, just had to chime in on this one. I will say no more. I have said my two cents worth.

Originally posted by orange machine
These refs blow they are calling everything under the sun on Celina. I will be glad when district is over because we are just going through the motions out here. Need some good competition.

bobcat1
10-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
You can't have your cake and eat it too in Celina.....Last year Celina did face some good competition and look what their record ended up being....Now, they have a cupcake schedule and are killing people every week and you are complaining that you can't wait for some good competition????? Which schedule do you want????? How you guys dodged the likes of Argyle, Prosper, Pilot Point, Sanger, Gainesville, etc and ended up playing scrub teams that are way east of you guys I have no idea???? I would not complain to much if I were you and be happy with the dominating wins you guys are getting right now. Sorry....not trying to hijack the thread, just had to chime in on this one. I will say no more. I have said my two cents worth. Sounds like you had a bad night. Did Farmersville score at all tonight?

cowboyandchrist
10-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I try and understand why people on the 3A downlow hate on Celina, as a high school football fan I admire the Celina football program. Whether you like or not they prove every year that they will be there in the end. We have a strong program here at Tatum and we hope to win as many championships as Celina.
All towns have there supporters that get carried away sometimes, but it is all good. Just look at Rocket, that guy is a nut case but you have to give him credit. He does support Brownwood.

Tin Cup
10-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Celina is good. Get over it

gatordaze
10-15-2010, 11:21 PM
You can't have your cake and eat it too in Celina.....Last year Celina did face some good competition and look what their record ended up being....Now, they have a cupcake schedule and are killing people every week and you are complaining that you can't wait for some good competition????? Which schedule do you want????? How you guys dodged the likes of Argyle, Prosper, Pilot Point, Sanger, Gainesville, etc and ended up playing scrub teams that are way east of you guys I have no idea???? I would not complain to much if I were you and be happy with the dominating wins you guys are getting right now. Sorry....not trying to hijack the thread, just had to chime in on this one. I will say no more. I have said my two cents worth.

Celina did not dodge anyone. UIL put them in a different district. Some pre-disrict games were set others did not match up. Neither Prosper or Argyle was ever going to happen pre-district as I am sure that the coaches thought that they would meet them in the 1st or 2nd round and it would make no sense to schedule them. This season is not fun and anyone that thinks a soft schedule is desirable is nuts. I do think that they can play and should have a real chance at #9 the way things are playing out.

bwdaggie
10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
I try and understand why people on the 3A downlow hate on Celina, as a high school football fan I admire the Celina football program. Whether you like or not they prove every year that they will be there in the end. We have a strong program here at Tatum and we hope to win as many championships as Celina.
All towns have there supporters that get carried away sometimes, but it is all good. Just look at Rocket, that guy is a nut case but you have to give him credit. He does support Brownwood.

very true...my grandpa used to say, "if they're not talkin about you...good OR bad...you're not doin anything!" just naturally puts a target on your back,

orange machine
10-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I don't get what was wrong with me saying that? The fact is this district is not real tough and I wouldn't mind seeing some games like Piolt Point gave us. I love that Celina is winning, but it obvious everytime Celina steps on the field in this district they are gonna win atleast this year. Just stating facts. I personally would have loved to be in the same district as Argyle, Lovejoy or even Prosper just to see how Celina stacks up. Either way Celina is really good, but I think they will be even betterwhen they have to actually get up for the game.

Bull Moose
10-16-2010, 12:42 AM
This season has been great fun! It is great fun to beat up on teams and to win big every week. Winning is what it is all about. Winning is everything and all that is important.

marler1972
10-16-2010, 12:51 AM

Umm we Played and beat Pilot Point and we will play either Gainsville or Sanger in the first round of the playoffs

MoveInDad
10-16-2010, 01:21 AM
As several other Celina posters have stated, Celina is obviously a good team, but are we this good... I dont know because we really aren't being tested. I am in Austin at the moment, my boy plays jv, because we needed a break...and we knew the game wasn't going to be contest. I'd have rather stayed to watch a good game...bring on the playoffs and do or die, and put an end to all this weak schedule bullshit.

orange machine
10-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Celina has a good team and if they play to there potential they can win a title. I think that when the playoffs come around this team will kick it in high gear. There is not much doubt in my mind that every game Celina has played could have been much worse for the other teams, but the coaches doing the right thing have decided to work on different things as well as give different players playing time because you never know when someone might go down and it's good to have that experience. IMO I don't think the offense has reached it's full potential yet and probably won't until the playoffs. The defense has gotten better every week and I think they are playing at a pretty high level right now. They still need some work in the secondary, but they are light yeas better than they were just a few weeks ago and with 2 games left they should be well versed for the playoffs.

Twirling Time
10-16-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
Umm we Played and beat Pilot Point and we will play either Gainsville or Sanger in the first round of the playoffs

It'll definitely be Sanger -- they're the big school. They can clinch it by beating Whitesboro.

ssgmp5150
10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Nope, we could not score last night. Lovejoy is the real deal fellas! They could win it all this year! They easily could have hung a hundred on us, but were very respectful and reserved in their dominating win! Hats off to the Lovejoy coaching staff on that one! I wasn't trying to knock Celina at all, just that one post kind of got to me. You guys have a heck of a team this year, but the guy was complaining about not playing good competition. We went from the penthouse to the outhouse this year, so I would be happy with a win any way you could get it against any team right now...Just kind of rubbed me the wrong way when he was complaining about a soft schedule. Anyway good luck to you guys in the playoffs this year!

Originally posted by bobcat1
Sounds like you had a bad night. Did Farmersville score at all tonight?

orange machine
10-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I was just talking about dist. teams I would just like to see more of a challenge for the players so they don't get a false sense of accomplishment beating these teams. When Celina played Pilot Point and Prestonwood those teams made Celina work for a solid 3qts and they were better off for it. Since then it's been not so tough for a lack of better words. Glad they are winning don't get me wrong just ready to see how they do against a top team.

Bruce
10-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Anna football team not that bad, they have size and speed. Our team played real well last night. The only problem we (should say I had) had was the refs. That's worst officiating I seen in along time. I know the refs will miss call and etc. But, last night it was bad, I'm not the one that likes to talk about refs, and I really respect these people. Like I said I rarely I well say anything about them, I'm surely glad they are doing it instead of myself. I can see calls being made ,and thats not the problem.The problem they had , when they made the call they knew nothing what do after the call. On one play the Bobcats pick a pass off and ran about 20 yards down field, and they got a flag. They said it was holding on Celina (O) , and they gave the ball back to Anna and step off 15 yards. The flag was after the pick. Just glad I;m not a ref. Things like that the whole game.Thanks!

sandbagger
10-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina did not dodge anyone. UIL put them in a different district. Some pre-disrict games were set others did not match up. Neither Prosper or Argyle was ever going to happen pre-district as I am sure that the coaches thought that they would meet them in the 1st or 2nd round and it would make no sense to schedule them. This season is not fun and anyone that thinks a soft schedule is desirable is nuts. I do think that they can play and should have a real chance at #9 the way things are playing out. With Prosper going into dist. with lovejoy butch knew there was no chance of playing prosper in the playoffs. Look hows crying about the sch. now.

Bruce
10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Who really cares if Celina played Prosper? No big deal, if that's what you want in life to play Celina, you really need help.Thanks!

ctown
10-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sandbagger
With Prosper going into dist. with lovejoy butch knew there was no chance of playing prosper in the playoffs. Look hows crying about the sch. now.

It speaks again...yall finally got a win after a few weeks of loosing. Felt good to play those freshmen and sophomores at that start up high school in Frisco?? How are your chances of making the playoffs this year?

Rocket
10-16-2010, 03:47 PM
LL will expose Celina. :)

Bruce
10-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Rocket, you maybe right, but I think LL QB is on the same level of Plano Prestonwood QB, and he was good. Take care out your way. Thanks!

orange machine
10-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Ok back on track here still got 2 dist. games to go then a tough Sanger or Gainsville team don't need to over look them.

Bruce
10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
OM, yes both of those two teams looking good. Gainesville got after PP town last night, and in the face of PP QB all night long. Gainesville had been a running team before last night and they came out passing and had a strong showing. Sanger is more of a passing team, but they also have a running game. Should be a good game if we make it, and between either one of those two team make it.Thanks!