PDA

View Full Version : strongest district in texas, top to bottom?

big daddy russ
10-08-2002, 05:07 PM
which district has the strongest teams? not districts that are just top heavy, but ones where even the fifth- or sixth-best team could make the playoffs in another district?

surfspike
10-08-2002, 05:08 PM
not 13-3A

Jimbotex40
10-08-2002, 05:45 PM
Well, I agree that 13-AAA isn't the strongest top to bottom. The three playoff teams are forney, wilmer hutchins, and crandall (more than likely in that order) and the other teams are pathetic.

ProudMama
10-08-2002, 11:24 PM
19-3A seems to be pretty tough!

surfspike
10-09-2002, 12:35 AM
i'll say whatever district jasper and newton are in, or maybe one of those far east texas districts say with atlanta and lonview spring hill.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 12:39 AM
District 18-3A with Caldwell, Cameron, Marlin, Rockdale, Lorena and Troy ain't no cakewalk.

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

mwynn05
10-09-2002, 07:38 AM
19 3a is Fairfield, Teague, Groesbeck, Mexia, Westwood, Madisonville, Crockett, and Trinity

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Give me 12-3A....traditional powers Atlanta and Daingerfield are both strong again this year...Texarkana Liberty-Eylau won state in 1999...Texarkana Pleasant Grove was a regional finalist last year...New Boston is 5-0 and looking great...and everyone forgets about Queen City but all they do is make the playoffs every year!

Titans
10-09-2002, 09:03 AM
I agree with Jimbox that those 3 teams will probably be the representatives in 13-3A, but to say the other teams are pathetic are stretching it just a bit, don't you think?

Pathetic? It might be wise to finish with district opponents before you say that. Ferris just might beat you. Then who looks pathetic?

Specklebelly
10-09-2002, 10:22 AM
I like district 24 for the balance it has. Bellville should win it easily but the other two spots could go to any of the other 5 teams. Sealy, Columbus, Stafford and Navasoda have all beaten some quality opponents and Hempstead does not seem to be the pushover they once were. Two teams who could have earned 2nd or 3rd place spots in other districts will be staying home here.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Watch out for Columbus. They're baaaaaaaack....

dab
10-09-2002, 12:22 PM
District 17-AAA is always tough. Gatesville, Hillsboro & China Spring are always tough teams, while Robinson, who is undefeated brings a lot to the table. Other teams include Connally and LaVega, who you can never count out because they are always very athletic. West (4-1) IS pretty good and Whitney continues to improve.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 12:33 PM
You can count out LaVega and Whitney. West has a weak sked.

bulldawg55_8
10-09-2002, 01:27 PM
25-3a isn't much of a cake-walk either. With Burnet, Bandera, Liberty Hill, Wimberly, and Llano, there is a lot of state potential there. All these teams have strong hearted players that are commited to the game and who come out every friday night battling like there is no tomorrow.

this is the way we ball
10-09-2002, 02:32 PM
I agree with dad.. 17AAA has at least 5 teams that could play with anybody.. Two great teams will be watching the playoffs this year..

I'm betting that their is going to be some teams with the same record sitting at home as those playing. :cool:

fury900
10-09-2002, 03:03 PM
5-3A Childress Bowie Breckenridge Graham Iowa Park
Vernon

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 03:06 PM
West Texas has some of the weakest districts in 3A

chswr7
10-09-2002, 03:07 PM
I think that district 8 AAA has the thoughest district with Castleberry, Everman, Kennedale,and Glen Rose.

punt
10-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Specklebelly, Bellville is in district 23. They will probably win the district. We will see how good Columbus is as they play in Bellville this Friday. Sealy should give them the best challenge. Navasota is steadily improving and plays Hempstead in Navasota. Stafford is suppose to be greatly improved, we will see what they do against Sealy. Hempstead is trying to get the program going again but could surprise someone. It is a tough district.

Specklebelly
10-09-2002, 09:55 PM
It is district 23, not 24. Thanks for pointing that out.

BigT 75
10-09-2002, 11:27 PM
Ya, I think we could have one of the tougher districts. We do play Columbus this Friday, so we will see who will walk away with it. WATCH OUT!

RocketPlayer
10-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with the home district of 17-3a. We have a whole lot of good competition to face in the weeks to come... we still have to face Hillsboro this Friday, followed by Gatesville, China Spring, La Vega, and West... boy sure got a tough road ahead. But as we say "Rocket's Never Quit". And we won't. By this Saturday, if we play to our full potential, us Rockets will be 6-0.

football_fanatic
10-10-2002, 10:51 AM
13 AAA is pretty tough. Forney, Wilmer, Crandall, then Ferris, Kaughman, and Madison are not slouches either, and could make the playoffs in most districts. Only Pinkston is a weak sister in this district.

chris02
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
i have to agree w/ those who have put 17 3a on the list. that district always has about 5 good/great teams. adding hillsboro to the mix again this yr (after not having them for the past couple of yrs) just adds more to the excitment and intensity of the teams. there is whitney who seems to be improving but still is at the bottom of the totem pole, west who has done great in pre-season this yr but i think that district will blow them over once again, they're greatly improving but when it comes down to them playing with the rest of 17 3a they're not quite there yet, and connally also seems to be greatly improved. gatesville, china spring, hillsboro, and generally lavega all seem to always be good,solid teams.

big daddy russ
10-10-2002, 11:20 AM
yeah, from the sound of things district 24 looks tough. i heard that columbus beat giddings a few weeks back and theyre not even considered the favorite. i know bellville and sealy always bring it and ive heard navasota is starting to bring their program back around. i know two years ago our district (30) was tough. it had just been realigned and five playoff teams from the previous year were moved to the same district, including 99 D-I state finalist mathis and D-II region IV finalist aransas pass. ap brought back a really good team that year and they didnt even make the playoffs in that district... that year (2000) mathis went to the division II region IV finals and sinton made it to like the division I quarterfinals (dont quote me on that one... but i think that's where they got beat by bandera). even west oso, our third-place team, went two games deep before losing to district 29 champs yoakum 14-10. ahhh, those were the days.

District303aPastPlayer
10-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Russ, you are correct. We, and I say we because I was on the team, lost to Bandera. We lost to them in Alamo Stadium,which is right down the street. But I still try not to visit :confused: It was the State Quarterfinals, or the Regional Finals, whichever one it is called. We needed to win two more games to get to state.

I remember that year each week was a knockdown dragout slobberknocker. Ahh... memories. . .

<small>[ October 10, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

big daddy russ
10-10-2002, 12:21 PM
past player, that was a great game. i was in the stands. if adrian hadnt been injured you mightve won that one, but it was a classic in my mind. i love defensive battles and that game was smashmouth top to bottom.

big daddy russ
10-10-2002, 12:27 PM
past player, that was a great game. i was in the stands. if adrian hadnt been injured you mightve won that one, but it was a classic in my mind. i love defensive battles and that game was smashmouth top to bottom.

therealbulldogs
10-10-2002, 01:27 PM
I would have to say that the game against Sinton in the quarterfinals was one of my favorite games of all time!

BigRedfan
10-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Not 11 3a, everyone seems to think that the district with a few exceptions should not even be competing in football or any other sport.

I would like to know something!!!! How do we get more competitive?

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-10-2002, 09:55 PM
I really agree that district 23 is gonna be a tough one. Hempstead is definitley a dark horse power. They have a very strong defense behind a tough linebacker and great defensive line and will eventually get their problems on offense worked out behind a rather solid offensive line.

Kool Tarpon 21
10-10-2002, 11:41 PM
I don't think our District is tough. Our district is 32-AAA and consists of Port Isabel, La Feria, Raymondville, Hidalgo, Lyford, Rio Hondo, and Progreso. I think that's the order we're going to end up. We well see. It all depends on tomorrow. I hope we do good.