PDA

View Full Version : Classless Act in my opinion

GrTigers6
10-15-2010, 07:43 AM
At our jv game against Kennedale last night, The coach was trash talking to my son while he is getting set up for the next play. Saying things like tell your coach to shut up and that we better be ready tomorrow, and several others. I think that is not right. And the line judge should of stepped in and told him to stop. Or is that just me?

Farmersfan
10-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
At our jv game against Kennedale last night, The coach was trash talking to my son while he is getting set up for the next play. Saying things like tell your coach to shut up and that we better be ready tomorrow, and several others. I think that is not right. And the line judge should of stepped in and told him to stop. Or is that just me?

"Tell your coach to shut up" sounds like pretty good evidence that YOUR coach was also involved in the classless talking!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrTigers6
10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
he was talking to the ref who couldnt see an obvious offsides

MoveInDad
10-15-2010, 08:16 AM
That's just you... what your son should have done was flip the bird and while the coach was standing there with his jaw open, throw a very tight spiral into it. :D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
:fnypost:

Ernest T Bass
10-15-2010, 08:57 AM
he was talking to the ref who couldnt see an obvious offsides

So, was he talking to your kid or to the ref? :confused:

Eradicator
10-15-2010, 08:59 AM

I just don't see Barrett letting his staff act like that....

trojan37
10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I've seen coaches talk like that before to kids on the opposing team. Although I don't agree with it, the kid has to learn how to tune it out and play ball.

Ernest T Bass
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll say things like "he's too slow, burn him deep" to a WR with the DB within earshot, but it's usually on screen and draw plays.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-15-2010, 09:12 AM

It is classless but it does happen. Just ignore it and play your game to shut him up! I know as a parent how you feel tho...

Rocket
10-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I'll say things like "he's too slow, burn him deep" to a WR with the DB within earshot, but it's usually on screen and draw plays.

HAHAHA...awesome

Ernest T Bass
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
HAHAHA...awesome

You'd be surprised how often things like that work. Calling out the wrong route, yelling to kick it into the endzone when it's an onside kick, etc...

GrTigers6
10-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
So, was he talking to your kid or to the ref? :confused: My son, He said he just waved his arm at as to say whatever. I just thought it was kinda childish. and I dont have a problem with him talking until he starts talking specificaly to a certain player. I have heard coaches say " ok now this guy here has no speed so play him close" or something similar. Thats part of the game but talking to them directly is just unsportsmanlike in my opinion

GrTigers6
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I've seen coaches talk like that before to kids on the opposing team. Although I don't agree with it, the kid has to learn how to tune it out and play ball. Believe me trojan37, he can tune anyone out especially a adult.:D
He just thought it was funny that a coach would do that. He is used to it from the players.

Old Tiger
10-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Sounds like your coaches and kids better be ready!

Matthew328
10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Eradicator
I just don't see Barrett letting his staff act like that....

Me neither...