PDA

View Full Version : burnet website

Bigblue07
11-24-2003, 04:20 PM
hey burnet fans why does yalls school website say "Sinton has tried to make this game as un-accommodating as possible in the hopes that the distance and ticket arrangements will discourage our fans from making the trip to Corpus to support the Bulldogs. They don't know what kind of fans we have and the kind of support we offer all of our kids. Get the word out and let's go down to Corpus with a huge crowd." ?

and do yall really think thats true.

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:23 PM
YES. I know for a fact it is!

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:26 PM
This is only part of it, I am not at liberty to discuss the rest of it. I took this from another thread that I just posted on.

"Sorry, if I sound like a witch I mean... here goes.

Burnet fans have to drive THROUGH Sinton to get to Corpus, how stupid is that? And if that weren't enough- we got the tickets today at the Administration building... Sinton will not accept our UIL passes, and all seating is RESERVED. So Burnet fans have to purchase tickets BEFORE the game, at the Admin building in Burnet. The city paper comes out Wednesday, but went to press this morning, so we have no way of advertising this... and people are saying that they will not even let them purchase tickets at the game. (I hope this isn't true- it could cause a riot) Kids can't sit with their parents unless they have purchased a reserved seat which is $2.00 more than a student ticket. If you purchase student tickets for your 5 year old, they have to sit in the student section in what I understand is a very ROUGH area of Corpus. So I'm taking 3 kids on a 4 and a half hour road trip to HADES...and then having to sit with a hormonal 12 year old who wants to go and see her "friends."

Waiting in line at the admin office... I saw my brother WAY ahead of me in line, and he graciously bought me 7 tickets- it is crazy!!!~~~

The Sinton coaches would not even TRY to accomodate the Burnet team at all, and are making this as difficult on the fans as possible in hopes of us only bringing a few fans as opposed to the numbers we usually bring. So guess what. I hope we SMASH them into tiny pieces and leave all of our starters in the entire game, and Wharton- don't worry, I think we're gonna run it up over a hundred if we can. If they are gonna make this difficult for us- then we might as well make a killing... oops, I mean a showing.

Now that I am off my soap box, I want to add a little something... good luck to the Sinton football team- just the boys I mean. I am so dissappointed in the coaches and admin there. This is not about the boys on the team, nor about Sinton's fans. I am just so angry about being jerked around. And for someone on the outside who doesn't even know what Sinton's admin is doing to us to post "a bunch of hookey"~~~anyway, it just set me off. But again, good luck to the team- do I think they have a chance? Every team has a chance."

BIG19
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
whats there website address I seem to have lost it and I cant find it

Bigblue07
11-24-2003, 04:29 PM
sorry about my post burnet fans i had no clue it was like that. im not really familiar with the corpus area. sorry again

GO BULLDOGS !

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 04:29 PM
http://www.burnet.txed.net/high/newsportspage/football/quarterfinals.htm

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 04:32 PM
did sinton and burnet flip for sites? if so they cant complain....thats what happens when you flip!

im just guessing they flipped since they couldn't agree on a neutral site

Chupacabra
11-24-2003, 04:36 PM
HotDawg89:
So guess what. I hope we SMASH them into tiny pieces and leave all of our starters in the entire game, and Wharton- don't worry, I think we're gonna run it up over a hundred if we can. If they are gonna make this difficult for us- then we might as well make a killing... oops, I mean a showing.

Now that I am off my soap box, I want to add a little something... good luck to the Sinton football team- just the boys I mean.That has got to be the most hypocritical post I have ever read.

And it's great to see that even if the Sinton Admin. or whoever is trying to make it tough on Burnet (I think it's getting blown out of proportion,) at least one Burnet fan has no problem with stooping to their level and running up the score in an unsportsmanlike fashion. I know that Coach Shipley has more class than to do something like that, too bad at least one Burnet fan doesn't have that class.

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Chupacabra:

HotDawg89:
So guess what. I hope we SMASH them into tiny pieces and leave all of our starters in the entire game, and Wharton- don't worry, I think we're gonna run it up over a hundred if we can. If they are gonna make this difficult for us- then we might as well make a killing... oops, I mean a showing.

Now that I am off my soap box, I want to add a little something... good luck to the Sinton football team- just the boys I mean.That has got to be the most hypocritical post I have ever read.

And it's great to see that even if the Sinton Admin. or whoever is trying to make it tough on Burnet (I think it's getting blown out of proportion,) at least one Burnet fan has no problem with stooping to their level and running up the score in an unsportsmanlike fashion. I know that Coach Shipley has more class than to do something like that, too bad at least one Burnet fan doesn't have that class.I guess I have lost all sense of class. Sorry it ticks you off. I am tired of being nice on this board all the time. If you can't speak what you feel than this isn't the place for me. I have posted here a long time, and have met some nice people, don't want to make any enemies, but I think it is just terrible what they are doing to us. If you had posted my ENTIRE paragraph, it would have explained why it is so full of "hypocrisy". I hate it for the kids from Sinton that I feel that way, but I just do. Sinton might even beat us...it happens.

Do I really want to see Burnet run up all over them. Yep I sure do. Sue me for saying so. At least I'm honest. Yoyu know what??? I hope we beat Jasper, Forney or Gainseville too. In a really big way. Like 80-0.

How do ya like me now?

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Burnet '94
11-24-2003, 05:04 PM
If you think the sinton coaches/admin. are acting with class, then I guess I have a different definition of the word.

The margin of victory has definitely grown. Run it up Dawgs.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Burnet '94 ]</small>

CentralTxFan
11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Hotdawg89...I have voiced my opinion on the playing site, not only for us but for schools in every classification who are facing this, so I won't go into that here. But I want to say I felt extremely bad last year for the state game when this SAME EXACT thing happened to Everman. Maybe last year we should have played in a more neutral spot and then things being said this year by the Burnet fans wouldn't sound so bad. Do you understand what I am saying? The Everman fans last year felt the same way the Burnet fans do this year. I don't know, an eye for an eye? I am not trying to make anyone angry or get people started against me.

Everyone has always said Burnet fans were some of the best, at least the people who really knew the fans. But now, I just hope all of this mess doesn't start giving the wrong impression. I haven't been to the school website but I hope things that have been said are posted aren't really there, or have been taken down. We need to be the better fans and just let the boys hammer it out on Friday.

Again though, I still stand by what I said, neutral people need to decide where the game should be played. I'll volunteer for the job! Maybe it would keep me out of trouble. :D :D :D

Burnet Dawg06
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
It won't let me go to the Burnet website, does anybody else have this problem?

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 05:16 PM
you know what....nobody was there besides the coaching staffs, when the coin toss was done. Im sure Burnet DID know where sinton was going to want to play because that is just what you do when you have a coin toss. Burnet coaches knew where Sinton was going to want to play IF they won the toss. Thats what makes this coin toss stuff so sucky.

What i think isn't very classy is what it says on Burnet's website...even if what is said was Sintons intentions

Sinton has tried to make this game as un-accommodating as possible in the hopes that the distance and ticket arrangements will discourage our fans from making the trip to Corpus to support the Bulldogs. They don't know what kind of fans we have and the kind of support we offer all of our kids. Get the word out and let's go down to Corpus with a huge crowd.

Considering the website represents your school and the school district I dont think it's very smart to post that!

Don't get me wrong...I think Burnet is a very classy bunch of people but whoever put that on their school site made a mistake!

on another note...Sinton choosing Corpus Christi to play isnt that that much different than choosing to play at home. CC is 30-something miles away from Sinton.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
HotDawg89:

Chupacabra:

HotDawg89:

And it's great to see that even if the Sinton Admin. or whoever is trying to make it tough on Burnet (I think it's getting blown out of proportion,) at least one Burnet fan has no problem with stooping to their level and running up the score in an unsportsmanlike fashion. I know that Coach Shipley has more class than to do something like that, too bad at least one Burnet fan doesn't have that class.I guess I have lost all sense of class. Sorry it ticks you off. I am tired of being nice on this board all the time. If you can't speak what you feel than this isn't the place for me. I have posted here a long time, and have met some nice people, don't want to make any enemies, but I think it is just terrible what they are doing to us. If you had posted my ENTIRE paragraph, it would have explained why it is so full of "hypocrisy". I hate it for the kids from Sinton that I feel that way, but I just do. Sinton might even beat us...it happens.

Do I really want to see Burnet run up all over them. Yep I sure do. Sue me for saying so. At least I'm honest. Yoyu know what??? I hope we beat Jasper, Forney or Gainseville too. In a really big way. Like 80-0.

How do ya like me now?So your tired of being nice all the time???
Go figure...

Aggiebabe05
11-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Nope Burnet page not working for me either!

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 06:18 PM
click on the link above about 4 times until it works..it will finally work

Burnet Dawg06
11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
it still won't work for me

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Maybe The SITE HAS BEEN P I R A T E Like The Coin Toss! http://www.virtuallandmedia.com/flags03/pirate2.gif And The Game.......

Bongo
11-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Burnet website not working? Well, sounds to be like the "jaw-flapping" is working pretty good in Burnet today.

29x281
11-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Where were all you Burnet guys yesterday?

I could have used some help.

sahen
11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Chupacabra:

HotDawg89:

And it's great to see that even if the Sinton Admin. or whoever is trying to make it tough on Burnet (I think it's getting blown out of proportion,) at least one Burnet fan has no problem with stooping to their level and running up the score in an unsportsmanlike fashion. I know that Coach Shipley has more class than to do something like that, too bad at least one Burnet fan doesn't have that class.You know...it is liable whenever you publish half truths in order to degrade another person....ur not a tabloid and Hotdawg89 is not a famous person so u have no right to manipulate their statement like that...i really had no opinion about Burnet til now i actually thought it would cool if someone knocked them off in an upset...but now i really hope they kill Sinton cause what Sinton is doing is wrong...but i guess when u know ur inferior u have to do everythign to win even if it means sinking to below the belt shots (sarcasm in the last sentence)

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

3afan
11-24-2003, 06:45 PM
if you believe half that stuff then you must believe in santa or the tooth fairy ... this is about the most ubelievable thing i've ever read on this board ... if you honestly think they wont be selling tickets at the gate then you dont deserve to go to the game - just stay home ... and all the stuff about sinton purposely making it hard on burnet is almost comical ... they won the toss - if burnet would have won then the roles would have been reversed ... good lord people, use your heads - your not thinking clear ... (IMO)

29x281
11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
You don't know what you're talking about.

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 06:56 PM
We have a little website of our own. Not that it is spectacular or anything. I just thought that someone out there might want to know. Here it is, http://www.jasperisd.net/jasper.htm

Sinton94
11-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Burnet's home site was Waco and yes it's known up front before the flip! That's over five hours from Sinton! How is that any different? Sinton just got lucky and won the toss! Burnet your taking this way too personel. And as far has Burnet leaving his starters in just for Sinton.......he always does! He's all about stats! So the site makes no differnce. I was at the Wharton game and the starters played the whole game and even scored with less than one minute left. CLASS????? I don't think so! So preach to someone else when it comes to class! Becasue the Burnet staff has none!!!!!!!!!!

Sinton94
11-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Just play football Sinton. Your fans are behind you no matter how far the drive! Good Luck!

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Sinton94 ]</small>

29x281
11-24-2003, 07:19 PM
That's not how it went down, Sinton94. Burnet wanted San Antonio as neutral site, which was the site that made sense for everyone.

Burnet only chose Waco in retaliation for Sinton's selection of Corpus. The Sinton Spt. then suggested they'd change their choice to Harlingen, so Burnet countered with Texas Stadium in Dallas.

And so it went. I think by the time it ended Sinton wanted Mexico City and Burnet wanted Soldier Field.

turbostud
11-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Wish I could have been present for the coin flip. I bet it was interesting.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

06dawg
11-24-2003, 07:28 PM
I just want to say sorry to the Sinton players and fans for some of the rude statments that have been made toward them. I'm a student at Burnet High School and I haven't really heard a whole lot of complaining going around the school. The place and ticket problems aren't going to stop the Burnet fans from coming to the game, I can tell you that. As for me, Im a member of the band and I wouldn't miss the game for anything. I wish both sides good luck and I hope no one gets hurt on either side. And I also wish ALL the Burnet fans who WILL be traveling to the game a safe trip! Burnet Bulldogs are #1!!!

Sinton94
11-24-2003, 07:34 PM
That may be true but does it really matter? Someone was driving no matter what! I know I didn't want to drive to Waco either, but I'm going no matter where the game is! By the way Sinton was just about in Mexciao City last week when they played Zapata in Laredo! We made the drive and not one complaint was posted by a Sinton Fan!

Sinton94
11-24-2003, 07:37 PM
I hope the Burnet fans make the game and have a safe trip to and from CC.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Sinton94 ]</small>

Hot Rod
11-24-2003, 07:40 PM
3afan:
if you believe half that stuff then you must believe in santa or the tooth fairy ... this is about the most ubelievable thing i've ever read on this board ... if you honestly think they wont be selling tickets at the gate then you dont deserve to go to the game - just stay home ... and all the stuff about sinton purposely making it hard on burnet is almost comical ... they won the toss - if burnet would have won then the roles would have been reversed ... good lord people, use your heads - your not thinking clear ... (IMO)KNOWING A FEW SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS THEY EVEN CALLED SENTON AN TRYED TO ARANGE A MOORE SUTABLE LOCATION THAN CORPUS AN THEY JUST WOULD NOT HAVE IT SO YEA IT IS INTENTIONAL SO COME FRIDAY MAY THE FOOTBALL GODS HAVE MERCY ON THEM BUT DAWGS WONT

29x281
11-24-2003, 07:41 PM
And Burnet made a 3+ hour trip to Victoria to play Wharton last week without 1 complaint.

I'm thinking there's more to Burnet's bad mood than simply drive-time.

PAINTBALL
11-24-2003, 08:11 PM
29x281:
And Burnet made a 3+ hour trip to Victoria to play Wharton last week without 1 complaint.

I'm thinking there's more to Burnet's bad mood than simply drive-time.Actually the drive to Corpus is easier then the one to Victoria. Four lane all the way. Not only that there are a lot better places to eat in Corpus. Of course there's more to it then the drive.

Like you said, I wonder where all these people were last night.

GOFOR2
11-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Let me first say that this does not apply to all Burnet posters.
I have heard enough trash come out of the mouths of you self-centered, egotistical Bulldog fans.
You obviously are not in tune with reality. So what if you have to travel to a far away land to watch a game, and so what if your team is as good as you think they are, the game must be played and sometimes must be played in what some of you might call "hostile territory". Come on, the northside of Corpus is nothing like the southside of San Antonio, if that is what you are thinking. And the game will be played in the afternoon, and if you dont have too many incompletions, the game may be over by 6:00.
The bottom line is that the coaches flipped for their sites and if the shoe were on the other foot, your coach would have had us playing somewhere in North Texas, and that is a fact.
We traveled a ton in 2001 in support of our town; we played twice in Victoria and beat Gonzales and Bellville, and then we went to College Station, two weeks in a row, to beat Bridge City in the State Semis only to lose to Everman there for the State Championship. And you know what, we never were upset about having to travel so far so often, we relished the opportunity to spend more time with our loved ones on the longer road trips on the way to support our school and its program, but I guess this is characteristic of teams that have been to the championship games in several different sports.
You guys make it to one championship game last year and you now think everyone in the world should roll over for you. Get a grip. There are more important things in life to upset about.
Now cut the trash talking, grow up, drive to Corpus, enjoy yourselfs and support your team in a sportsmanlike fashion.
You best be careful with what you say and how you act, because you wont be #1 forever.

3afan
11-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Hot Rod:

3afan:
if you believe half that stuff then you must believe in santa or the tooth fairy ... this is about the most ubelievable thing i've ever read on this board ... if you honestly think they wont be selling tickets at the gate then you dont deserve to go to the game - just stay home ... and all the stuff about sinton purposely making it hard on burnet is almost comical ... they won the toss - if burnet would have won then the roles would have been reversed ... good lord people, use your heads - your not thinking clear ... (IMO)KNOWING A FEW SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS THEY EVEN CALLED SENTON AN TRYED TO ARANGE A MOORE SUTABLE LOCATION THAN CORPUS AN THEY JUST WOULD NOT HAVE IT SO YEA IT IS INTENTIONAL SO COME FRIDAY MAY THE FOOTBALL GODS HAVE MERCY ON THEM BUT DAWGS WONTyou dont get it --- yes SA is neutral (neutral, not necessarily best for all invloved - thats totally subjective). but sinton did not want that, they chose to risk the home & home flip and they won so now they get to reap the benefits. obviously they thought that was their BEST CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME. the system may not be equitable but thats the way the process works. all this stuff about the sinton admin, etc. trying to stick it to burnet and burnet fans is the outragous part of all this. for example, do you really believe they're not going to sell tix at the gate? do you really?

3afan
11-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Sinton94:
I hope the Burnet fans make the game and have a safe trip to and from CC.well, this i agree with ............

kaorder1999
11-24-2003, 08:24 PM
me too

3afan
11-24-2003, 08:38 PM
and, if its true about most of the seats at Buc Stadium being reserved then that is kinda stupid for a playoff game. if thats their policy i'm surprised it isnt waived for the playoffs. but if it is their policy and its enforced then its certainly not just cause its burnet coming to town .....

bulldogman
11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Lets just play the game. The way I see it, Sinton got their last victory this year when they won the toss.

3afan2K3
11-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Just stop complaining. Everman had to go to SA to play yall last year and you didnt see them complaining about it. That was a 4 hour 260 mile drive for Everman and a 1 1/2 hour 100 mile drive for Burnet.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

29east
11-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Way to go 89!!!!!What time were you in line? I may have been there with you.

olddog73
11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
06dawg:
I just want to say sorry to the Sinton players and fans for some of the rude statments that have been made toward them. I'm a student at Burnet High School and I haven't really heard a whole lot of complaining going around the school. The place and ticket problems aren't going to stop the Burnet fans from coming to the game, I can tell you that. As for me, Im a member of the band and I wouldn't miss the game for anything. I wish both sides good luck and I hope no one gets hurt on either side. And I also wish ALL the Burnet fans who WILL be traveling to the game a safe trip! Burnet Bulldogs are #1!!!This seems to be one of the most mature people Ive seen on here all day. I said it yesterday, the students havent had a problem with Corpus as the playoff site. If they have a problem with it today Im sure its because they have heard all the adults bit**ing about it. Wharton only had about 66 miles to drive compared to Burnets 185 or so. I didnt hear any griping about that. Yea it would have been nice if everyone could have agreed on San Antonio, but they didn't. I would love to just see everyone calm down and prepare for our trip to Corpus. Get over it! Let the boys put it on the field.

29east
11-24-2003, 09:40 PM
sinton94..wrong again..Wharton was the first game the BURNET starters played all game. Did not have to play much past 2nd quater most of the season... The BURNET 2nd team offense could have scored at will against Somerset but Coach Shipley did not allow that to happen... Do not expect the BURNET 2nd team to be playing much Friday... Whatever the score is.....

Gofor2.... BURNET chose San Antonio.

&gt;

olddog73
11-24-2003, 09:42 PM
PAINTBALL:

29x281:

I'm thinking there's more to Burnet's bad mood than simply drive-time.Actually the drive to Corpus is easier then the one to Victoria. Four lane all the way. Not only that there are a lot better places to eat in Corpus. Of course there's more to it then the drive.

Like you said, I wonder where all these people were last night.I was right here D

GOFOR2
11-24-2003, 09:48 PM
29east:
sinton94..wrong again..Wharton was the first game the BURNET starters played all game. Did not have to play much past 2nd quater most of the season... The BURNET 2nd team offense could have scored at will against Somerset but Coach Shipley did not allow that to happen... Do not expect the BURNET 2nd team to be playing much Friday... Whatever the score is.....

What site did Burnet pick for Home-neutral? Waco.
Secondly, last year, several Sintonites and I traveled to Liberty Hill and San Antonio to watch you all play Liberty Hill and Everman, and we were impressed with the abilities of kids. Well, we wanted to see just how good you guys really were this year and we again, skipped out on our district finale with our rivals and saw you all beat up on Liberty Hill, then spent a weekend in UTville.I will say this, you guys are awesome but the coach did leave many of the starters in the game throughout the game. I know you gave up 3 touchdowns and I think you scored 49. We know Burnet is a great football team, just leave it at that. Quit exaggerating the truth.

&gt;

GOFOR2
11-24-2003, 10:01 PM
GOFOR2:

29east:

&gt;What site did Burnet pick for Home-neutral? Waco.
Secondly, last year, several Sintonites and I traveled to Liberty Hill and San Antonio to watch you all play Liberty Hill and Everman, and we were impressed with the abilities of kids. Well, we wanted to see just how good you guys really were this year and we again, skipped out on our district finale with our rivals and saw you all beat up on Liberty Hill, then spent a weekend in UTville.I will say this, you guys are awesome but the coach did leave many of the starters in the game throughout the game. I know you gave up 3 touchdowns and I think you scored 49. We know Burnet is a great football team, just leave it at that. Quit exaggerating the truth.