PDA

View Full Version : Does Snyder not do SRO??

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I live near DFW but my dad told me the radio station in Bwood just said that if you don't buy your ticket in Bwood before you leave then you may not be able to get one at the gate in Snyder tomorrow night.

So I called Snyder ISD. The lady told me that if Bwood sells all of their allotted tickets then they won't let anymore in. I told her I'd be coming from near DFW and didn't want to get there and not have a seat, and I asked if they don't let people stand in the endzones or anywhere and she said that they do not allow it to go over capacity.

I told her I'd never heard of a stadium not allowing standing room for overflow crowds, but oh well.... she did say that she had just talked to Bwood ISD and that we've only sold 500 of our 1,700 tickets, so it doesn't look like the Bwood side will be sold out anyway... but it still doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'll just stay home and watch the Rangers while listening to good ole Dallas Huston do the broadcast.

garciap77
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I live near DFW but my dad told me the radio station in Bwood just said that if you don't buy your ticket in Bwood before you leave then you may not be able to get one at the gate in Snyder tomorrow night.

So I called Snyder ISD. The lady told me that if Bwood sells all of their allotted tickets then they won't let anymore in. I told her I'd be coming from near DFW and didn't want to get there and not have a seat, and I asked if they don't let people stand in the endzones or anywhere and she said that they do not allow it to go over capacity.

I told her I'd never heard of a stadium not allowing standing room for overflow crowds, but oh well.... she did say that she had just talked to Bwood ISD and that we've only sold 500 of our 1,700 tickets , so it doesn't look like the Bwood side will be sold out anyway... but it still doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'll just stay home and watch the Rangers while listening to good ole Dallas Huston do the broadcast.

:thinking:

It's a trap!:D

;)

DaHop72
10-14-2010, 05:20 PM

I told her I'd never heard of a stadium not allowing standing room for overflow crowds, but oh well.... she did say that she had just talked to Bwood ISD and that we've only sold 500 of our 1,700 tickets, so it doesn't look like the Bwood side will be sold out anyway... but it still doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'll just stay home and watch the Rangers while listening to good ole Dallas Huston do the broadcast. Humm, Bwood bought all tickets on the visitors side so arrangements were made for 300 more tickets on the home side to allow for this. Those were sold by noon Wednesday. If they truly have only sold 500 in the Wood why does it matter whether there will be SRO or not?:thinking: :thinking: :doh:

SHSBulldog00
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Other schools do that too.

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Humm, Bwood bought all tickets on the visitors side so arrangements were made for 300 more tickets on the home side to allow for this. Those were sold by noon Wednesday. If they truly have only sold 500 in the Wood why does it matter whether there will be SRO or not?:thinking: :thinking: :doh:

It matters because someone could have misunderstood or people buy at last minute or people buy at the gate tomorrow... regardless I can't get there til right at 7:15ish or so and I want to know if there is ANY chance that I wouldn't be let in.

Driving 3 1/2 to 4 hours for a game and not being let in is not my idea of a good Friday night.

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Other schools do that too.

I'd just never heard of it... I've been to lots of games where there were over flow crowds... just figured that the norm is to let it overflow

DaHop72
10-14-2010, 05:31 PM
It matters because someone could have misunderstood or people buy at last minute or people buy at the gate tomorrow... regardless I can't get there til right at 7:15ish or so and I want to know if there is ANY chance that I wouldn't be let in.

Driving 3 1/2 to 4 hours for a game and not being let in is not my idea of a good Friday night.
If they truly have only sold 500 in the Wood why does it matter whether there will be SRO or not?:thinking: :thinking: :doh: The key word in my quote was "if" they only sold 500 why does it matter? But come on to the game, I happen to know where there are two seats that will still be available when you get here. :devil: :devil:

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
The key word in my quote was "if" they only sold 500 why does it matter? But come on to the game, I happen to know where there are two seats that will still be available when you get here. :devil: :devil:

I have 4 people coming. I also have a THSCA Coaches Association pass that I'm wondering if they'd let me in with... doesn't matter I'll buy a ticket if any are left.

Ranger Mom
10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I have 4 people coming. I also have a THSCA Coaches Association pass that I'm wondering if they'd let me in with... doesn't matter I'll buy a ticket if any are left.

I bet there will be tickets to be had.

I have to admit to being shocked that Brownwood has 1200 tickets left!! I thought the Brownwood side would sell out for sure!!

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I bet there will be tickets to be had.

I have to admit to being shocked that Brownwood has 1200 tickets left!! I thought the Brownwood side would sell out for sure!!

I am too. I figured we would sell anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000. I didn't think it'd be over 2,000 for a game this far away

I do know the Snyder side is sold out, so I'm also wondering if there are 1,000 or so tickets left tomorrow if Snyder people buy them up and I get to the gate and there isn't anything left.

Ranger Mom
10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I am too. I figured we would sell anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000. I didn't think it'd be over 2,000 for a game this far away

I do know the Snyder side is sold out, so I'm also wondering if there are 1,000 or so tickets left tomorrow if Snyder people buy them up and I get to the gate and there isn't anything left.

I remember, back when we were good, and I would go to an away game, there were lots of us that didn't go to the school and get our tickets until Friday morning!

garciap77
10-14-2010, 06:53 PM

Can someone in BW buy a ticket for you and bring to Snyder for you?

skins4life
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
That means if BW only sold 500 of the 1700 the Snyder Welcoming committee will be on that side to greet them. :devil: :devil: :devil: Probably will be sitting in the middle section on the 50 yard line :D :D :D

garciap77
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
That means if BW only sold 500 of the 1700 the Snyder Welcoming committee will be on that side to greet them. :devil: :devil: :devil: Probably will be sitting in the middle section on the 50 yard line :D :D :D

:D

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Can someone in BW buy a ticket for you and bring to Snyder for you?

Just got through texting lookin4 he's going to. Good man

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 07:09 PM

We welcome them... infact when we beat Permian at their house they were all over our side

garciap77
10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Just got through texting lookin4 he's going to. Good man

Yes he is! He is my favorite BW poster! I'm going to buy him a beer when he comes to town.:)

garciap77
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
We welcome them... infact when we beat Permian at their house they were all over our side

Who's Permian! Is that the school out of Mexico?:D

;)

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 07:32 PM

;)

They are that team that chants "mojo" over and over and over

Must be Spanish?

garciap77
10-14-2010, 07:35 PM
They are that team that chants "mojo" over and over and over

Must be Spanish?

No! I think what you are hearing is MOJADO! MOJADO! over and over!:D

;)

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 07:40 PM
No! I think what you are hearing is MOJADO! MOJADO! over and over!:D

;)

hahaha

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM

;) I remember them from back in the day in bi-district all too well. They weren't nothing nice in the early to mid 70's.

Trashman
10-14-2010, 08:04 PM
she did say that she had just talked to Bwood ISD and that we've only sold 500 of our 1,700 tickets, so it doesn't look like the Bwood side will be sold out anyway... but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Dosen't make since to me either.:thinking:

We have been traveling really well, filling up all the visitor side and then some in all except Cowboys Stadium. We chose not to go due to the postage stamp size of sniders stadium. Maybe others did too.:thinking:

Lion_Addict
10-14-2010, 08:23 PM
OK......this has me majorly bummed. We haven't gotten tickets yet, and were gonna go early and get 'em at the gate. Don't know what to do now :(

skins4life
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
OK......this has me majorly bummed. We haven't gotten tickets yet, and were gonna go early and get 'em at the gate. Don't know what to do now :(

Get them there in BW before noon. That's what we do here in Snyder. Has much as you all have thought about this game since last year, you'd think you would have been standing in line for a ticket Monday morning at 0800. ;) ;)

bwdlionfan
10-14-2010, 08:52 PM

On sell at BISD until noon.

Mrs Lion_Addict
10-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Get them there in BW before noon. That's what we do here in Snyder. Has much as you all have thought about this game since last year, you'd think you would have been standing in line for a ticket Monday morning at 0800. ;) ;)

We're in Clyde now....only reason I don't already have 'em.
Will check BISD in the am....

Mrs Lion_Addict
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
On sell at BISD until noon.

Thank you sir! :)

DaHop72
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Lion_Addict
Thank you sir! :) Looking forward to meeting you Mrs. Addict. And like the rest of us guys, it appears he probably married above himself.:D :D

skins4life
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Lion_Addict
We're in Clyde now....only reason I don't already have 'em.
Will check BISD in the am....

Have safe trip home and we'll see ya'll Friday. :)

Have a safe trip tomorrow. If you're coming up 84/83 be careful at Lawn. The guy driving the black and white car likes to visit. ;)

garciap77
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM

:thinking:

:D

garciap77
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Mrs. Addict. And like the rest of us guys, it appears he probably married above himself.:D :D

That's the rumor coming from the Whataburger in Early!:D

;)

Lion_Addict
10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Mrs. Addict. And like the rest of us guys, it appears he probably married above himself.:D :D

HA HA.......Nice!!:p ;)

Lion_Addict
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Have safe trip home and we'll see ya'll Friday. :)

Have a safe trip tomorrow. If you're coming up 84/83 be careful at Lawn. The guy driving the black and white car likes to visit. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.....see ya'll tomorrow night.

DaHop72
10-14-2010, 10:46 PM
HA HA.......Nice!!:p ;) How you been you old codger?:D

Lion_Addict
10-15-2010, 08:03 AM
How you been you old codger?:D

Hangin in there bro. Lookin forward to some good FOOTBALL tonight!!!

LH_Tuff
10-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Ticket are available. Stop at the Whataburger. See the guy named Shady Sides. He will be in the Mens room stall.

garciap77
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Ticket are available. Stop at the Whataburger. See the guy named Shady Sides. He will be in the Mens room stall.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Snydertigersrul
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM

No STO because of construction projects at the stadium. The new restroom facilities will be open, but the new concession stands will not be in operation. They also are building a new fieldhouse.-

Matthew328
10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
We had to cut out SRO at Everman one year because of construction also

Old LB
10-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Not to worry, a lot of BW people do not want to drive 6 hours round trip to see a blow out, Dallas calls too good of a game for that!:)

Red&White_9x5
10-15-2010, 02:04 PM
There's not much I wouldn't give for a Tiger victory tonight

DaHop72
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Not to worry, a lot of BW people do not want to drive 6 hours round trip to see a blow out, Dallas calls too good of a game for that!:) .....Yawn..........yawn.............:hand: :hand:

BwdLion73
10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
There's not much I wouldn't give for a Tiger victory tonight

:thinking: :)