PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy's Number to be retired

BaseballUmp
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Dave Campbell's (http://www.texasfootball.com/college-news/view/169246)

87 TIGER
10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Stupid , so many other greats that need to be considered, heck the kid has only been out of school 5 months. Not saying he's not worthy, but come on. I even heard they were retiring Durants # he only played 1 season and was on campus for only 6 months total. Give some respect to some of the older Longhorn greats these young kids will have their time

EagleMaster23
10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
You gotta admit Colt McCoy set alottttttttttttttt of records at Texas, and look where they are now without him. Sitting outside the Top 25 for the 1st time in 10 years.

jykoy
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
He's won more games than any other quarterback in the history of college football. They should have retired it before he left.

87 TIGER
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Not saying he's mot worthy, but IMO retiring #'s , hall of fames , stuff like that are more appreciated years later.

scrub c
10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
just curious, so when the #1 recruit in the nation want to come to texas and finds out he cant wear #12 and says, no thanks Im gonna go to wherever state... then what do you do?

RoyceTTU
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
just curious, so when the #1 recruit in the nation want to come to texas and finds out he cant wear #12 and says, no thanks Im gonna go to wherever state... then what do you do?

PAY HIM MONEY,,,,DON'T YOU KNOW :clap: :clap: :clap:

EagleMaster23
10-14-2010, 04:14 PM
First off if Texas can get a #1 recruit after this year I will be impressed. But if he doesn't want to go to Texas because he can't wear #12, then they don't need that kind of person. After all it's the letters on the front that lead you to a national championship, not the number on the back

Old Tiger
10-14-2010, 07:26 PM
It should be more about numbers than what it is...IMO he really doesn't deserve to have it retired but I'm not taking anything away from him. I understand retiring Vince's because he brought a whole new attitude to Texas and got Mack over the big game hump.

Is David Greene's jersey retired at Georgia? I guess Boise better retired Kellen Moore's jersey when he's done because if he comes back for his senior year Colts record is no longer Colts record.

Old Tiger
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by EagleMaster23
First off if Texas can get a #1 recruit after this year I will be impressed. But if he doesn't want to go to Texas because he can't wear #12, then they don't need that kind of person. After all it's the letters on the front that lead you to a national championship, not the number on the back For 2011 class they are #1 recruiting class so far and have one of the top DT, RB, FB, OL, LB, ATH, and WR.

For 2012 Texas is the leader for a lot of the top players in the state also.

This season won't effect recruiting.

Also Earl has to be pissed!

orange machine
10-14-2010, 07:32 PM
No need in retiring the number maybe putting him in the Texas all of fame, but don't take the number away from some other kid who wants the number.

BaseballUmp
10-14-2010, 07:51 PM
You can retire the number, I just don't see why they don't wait 10-15 years to do stuff like this...gives him another moment in the sun

headhunter
10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
My question is, How can a program like Texas not be ranked in the top 25 with a top 5 recruiting class every year? Are they not developing talent? Don't they expect kids to leave early for the draft and get other recruits to come step in and continue on? Why are they changing the offense after 10 years of a successful system that has brought them a national championship and a trip to a second?

I would think this is unexcusable to bring in talent year after year and now be ranked outside the top 25 AND be on the verge of losing a thrid straight game.

YOur thoughts and answers?

the genious
10-14-2010, 10:00 PM
He better hope he makes it to the ceremony because Pittsburg defense is goin to try and rip his head off

greenzebra
10-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey he was 2 and 2 against A&M.

Old Tiger
10-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
My question is, How can a program like Texas not be ranked in the top 25 with a top 5 recruiting class every year? Are they not developing talent? Don't they expect kids to leave early for the draft and get other recruits to come step in and continue on? Why are they changing the offense after 10 years of a successful system that has brought them a national championship and a trip to a second?

I would think this is unexcusable to bring in talent year after year and now be ranked outside the top 25 AND be on the verge of losing a thrid straight game.

YOur thoughts and answers? They changed the offense for Vince....changed the offense for Colt....now they changed the offense for Gilbert. Just really young offensively. Defense is damn good but can't overcome the fact the offense isn't putting points on the board in the redzone or with short field

Eradicator
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
He's suppose to start Sunday vs. the Steelers.