PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Done at 1-4?

Bullaholic
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
If the Cowboys lose to the Vikes and go 1-4, are they done and don't make the playoffs?

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
until someone truly seperates in the NFC I have to say no.

Lucky2Coach
10-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If the Cowboys lose to the Vikes and go 1-4, are they done and don't make the playoffs?

Should be able to beat the VikQueens. Favre isn't expected to play this week!

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

He is playing..dont for one second doubt he will play.

NastySlot
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM

should of been able to and should of beaten the three teams they lost to.

1-4....and the season goes south a lot faster than they right the ship( would love to be very wrong on this).

very disappointing right now.

BullBoy
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM
If they lose on sunday then they're more than likely done, which i hope they do lose that game and the rest that follow!:D

EAGLES#1

3afan
10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
only 5 times in the last 20 yrs has a team started 1-4 and made the playoffs ..... so if the boys lose they're most likely done, but not quite yet

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-14-2010, 12:20 PM

I hope he does, I'm starting the Dallas D on my fantasy team this week. INTs mean big points!

SintonFan
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Yes, and I've learned not to get too high or too low after games.:D

BaseballUmp
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep, they're done road only gets tougher after this week.

They could possibly go 1-7 before winning their next game.

@ Vikings
vs. Giants
vs. Jaguars
@ Green Bay
@ Giants

then vs. Lions

vs. New Orleans
@ Colts
vs. Eagles
vs. Redskins
@Cardinals
@Eagles

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Yep, they're done road only gets tougher after this week.

They could possibly go 1-7 before winning their next game.

@ Vikings
vs. Giants
vs. Jaguars
@ Green Bay
@ Giants

then vs. Lions

vs. New Orleans
@ Colts
vs. Eagles
vs. Redskins
@Cardinals
@Eagles

Does it really get tougher? Vikes, Giants and Green Bay all have HUGE questions

DDBooger
10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Does it really get tougher? Vikes, Giants and Green Bay all have HUGE questions New York has actually played better the last two games. They are finally putting pressure on the QB again with their front 4 on defense. Green Bay and the Vikes, not so much.

further down the list. The Saints and the Colts aren't exactly looking that great either.

Macarthur
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
they are probably done if they lose. even though the nfc is not particularly good, i can't see this team going on a strong run.

i guess it's possible because they went on a good run last year.

the thing is, this league is a week to week league. you just don't know week to week who's going to be good and who isn't.

hell, dallas could haul off and win 5 in a row.

BaseballUmp
10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
After this week, the Giants have gotten back into form the last few weeks. Jaguars have put some games together. True about GB with Rodgers going down as well as Jermichael and Donald toss up. Giants again could easily beat them....

...But if the Cowboys find a way to eliminate penalties and make plays on defense then I could see them making a huge run.

It all depends on the mentality. I would love to see them in the Superbowl, but I just don't think it happens. They play so good and still lose. That has to be frustrating for the players.

Red&White_9x5
10-14-2010, 01:53 PM
If Dallas falls to 1-4, you can put a fork in them. I agree that the NFC is wide open with no real solid contenders right now, but the other three NFC East teams all look better to me than the Cowboys do. Looks like another year of underperforming for Da Boys!!!

MoveInDad
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
What?? I'm not a HUGE Cowboys fan, having grown up in the Houston area, but with so may games to play in a conference that is at parity, the pokes still have a few more opportunities... but they need to win this game to give them the confidence to win a few more.

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
They are in trouble if they lose this week. The Giants front 4 look dominating again in the pass rush. Since all we do is pass, mostly from being behind, I see 2 games there we could lose and might lose Romo for the year.

I think if we had fired Wade last week or the game 3 weeks ago I would have a better outlook. There is no discipline being instructed. It's like sandlot football. Absolutely no consequences for stupid penalties or cutoff routes or being lazy in your blocks and holding. Sure these are grown men but there is still a coach and he needs to act like one. Cutoff routes, you run 40's all day Monday when everyone else is off. Hold from not moving your feet and being lazy, you do agility drills all day Monday when everyone else is off. You have a false start or jump offsides you do the old ball on a broom drill all day Monday.

Just a thought

PPSTATEBOUND
10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Stick a fork in the most overrated team on a yearly basis in NFL history.:eek:

BullBoy
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Stick a fork in the most overrated team on a yearly basis in NFL history.:eek:

:thumbsup: :cheerl: :speech:

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
They are in trouble if they lose this week. The Giants front 4 look dominating again in the pass rush. Since all we do is pass, mostly from being behind, I see 2 games there we could lose and might lose Romo for the year.

I think if we had fired Wade last week or the game 3 weeks ago I would have a better outlook. There is no discipline being instructed. It's like sandlot football. Absolutely no consequences for stupid penalties or cutoff routes or being lazy in your blocks and holding. Sure these are grown men but there is still a coach and he needs to act like one. Cutoff routes, you run 40's all day Monday when everyone else is off. Hold from not moving your feet and being lazy, you do agility drills all day Monday when everyone else is off. You have a false start or jump offsides you do the old ball on a broom drill all day Monday.

Just a thought

firing Wade in season would not have helped

do you really think any team runs 40s all day? Or does agility drills all day on Monday?

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
firing Wade in season would not have helped

do you really think any team runs 40s all day? Or does agility drills all day on Monday? Heck no but keeping Wade isn't gonna help in my opinion.

Heck No I don't think they run 40's all day or agility drills. But I would like to think if they did it once or twice it would get a little better concentration on game day.

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Heck no but keeping Wade isn't gonna help in my opinion.

Heck No I don't think they run 40's all day or agility drills. But I would like to think if they did it once or twice it would get a little better concentration on game day.

Firing Wade at end of season I agree...firing him in season would not accomplish anything. You lose your DC AND HC, and players are not going to just flip the switch with a new style coach righr away. That is the type of thing that builds over off season

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Firing Wade at end of season I agree...firing him in season would not accomplish anything. You lose your DC AND HC, and players are not going to just flip the switch with a new style coach righr away. That is the type of thing that builds over off season I agree but that defense he put on the field last week after 2 weeks of preparation was pathetic. How can you just not be ready after 2 weeks for one team? Now these are professional coachs and players with extremely good talent at all levels. How can they not be ready?

DaHop72
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
If they lose on sunday then they're more than likely done, which i hope they do lose that game and the rest that follow!:D

EAGLES#1 Keith7 must be posting under multiple names these days. :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I agree but that defense he put on the field last week after 2 weeks of preparation was pathetic. How can you just not be ready after 2 weeks for one team? Now these are professional coachs and players with extremely good talent at all levels. How can they not be ready?

I think how the D played last week goes on the players not the coaching..Jenkins was in position and did not make plays..Scandrick in position and did notmake plays

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I think how the D played last week goes on the players not the coaching..Jenkins was in position and did not make plays..Scandrick in position and did notmake plays Scandrick has not progressed since he was a rookie. He is routinely beaten like a bathroom rug over a clothes line. I bet OC's love to see him go in. As far as being on the players, who had them in the scheme that put Jenkins in one on one with no help over the top?

bleacherbum
10-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Forget 1-4, they are already done at 1-3.

eagleqb_14
10-14-2010, 03:46 PM
if they win or loose i think they will

Farmersfan
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I think how the D played last week goes on the players not the coaching..Jenkins was in position and did not make plays..Scandrick in position and did notmake plays

In my opinion:
How the players perform is almost completely MENTAL. That's the coaches responsibility. At this level almost all players have the ability to get the job done. Whether or not they do get it done is normally attitude, concentration and preparation. All those fall right in the coaches lap. Jenkins started Sunday's game holding the receivers because that's a SHORTCUT to actually getting the job done. It's a lot like a defender in basketball not moving his feet so he has to reach and get's called. Bad technique and poor concentration causes all these penalties and getting beat on plays. I also think Wade should have been fired after the Bears loss! Perhaps it wouldn't have helped but it certainly wouldn't have hurt!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Scandrick has not progressed since he was a rookie. He is routinely beaten like a bathroom rug over a clothes line. I bet OC's love to see him go in. As far as being on the players, who had them in the scheme that put Jenkins in one on one with no help over the top?

Jenkins is supposed to be a top cornerback he should be able to take that responsibility he did not this game.

GrTigers6
10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In my opinion:
How the players perform is almost completely MENTAL. That's the coaches responsibility. At this level almost all players have the ability to get the job done. Whether or not they do get it done is normally attitude, concentration and preparation. All those fall right in the coaches lap. Jenkins started Sunday's game holding the receivers because that's a SHORTCUT to actually getting the job done. It's a lot like a defender in basketball not moving his feet so he has to reach and get's called. Bad technique and poor concentration causes all these penalties and getting beat on plays. I also think Wade should have been fired after the Bears loss! Perhaps it wouldn't have helped but it certainly wouldn't have hurt!!!!!!! if they fire the coach then that is an automatic season over scenario

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
In my opinion:
How the players perform is almost completely MENTAL. That's the coaches responsibility. At this level almost all players have the ability to get the job done. Whether or not they do get it done is normally attitude, concentration and preparation. All those fall right in the coaches lap. Jenkins started Sunday's game holding the receivers because that's a SHORTCUT to actually getting the job done. It's a lot like a defender in basketball not moving his feet so he has to reach and get's called. Bad technique and poor concentration causes all these penalties and getting beat on plays. I also think Wade should have been fired after the Bears loss! Perhaps it wouldn't have helped but it certainly wouldn't have hurt!!!!!!!

I see your point to an extent but again these are not 15-18 yr olds..at some point the responsbility falls on the players just as much as the coaching.

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Jenkins is supposed to be a top cornerback he should be able to take that responsibility he did not this game. The safeties were caught cheating for run support, namely Alan Ball. That is why there was no deep help on that play.

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
The safeties were caught cheating for run support, namely Alan Ball. That is why there was no deep help on that play.

yes on the last big pass play ur right..and Ball has done that all year( when has a Cowboy safety made a play this year?)

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
yes on the last big pass play ur right..and Ball has done that all year( when has a Cowboy safety made a play this year?) Not at all. We need to draft or trade for a good safety.

Farmersfan
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
I see your point to an extent but again these are not 15-18 yr olds..at some point the responsbility falls on the players just as much as the coaching.

The players union fixed it so these players don't have to take responsibility for themselvs. Mike Jenkins had a horrible game on Sunday. Do you think he really gives a crap today? He could not care less! Tony Romo told everyone exactly how he feels when he said "if something in sports was the worst thing to happen to you then you have lived a pretty good life". That rocked the sports world and turned a lot of his fans against him. I said from the very beginning that IF losing in sports cost him his paycheck then perhaps he wouldn't have the luxury of preaching to us that "it's only sports"!!!!!
In my opinion, this is basically the ONLY reason the coaches are needed in PRO football. Mental prep and game planning. The players already know how to play the game. By the time they get to this level they have had all the tackle drills and blocking drills that a player should EVER need. But they do need someone to devise a way to exploit the other teams weaknesses and how to maximize their own stregthns as well as make sure everyone is mentally prepared to play the game. Wade Philips has done all these very poorly so far in his career with Dallas.

Farmersfan
10-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
if they fire the coach then that is an automatic season over scenario

I don't believe that for a moment!!! Not a bad coach like Wade! I think it could just as easily unite the players and possibly provide a spark that they haven't had.