PDA

View Full Version : District 30

Lucky2Coach
10-13-2010, 12:50 PM
What three teams do you think will most likely get in the playoffs?

Sinton--pretty much in for sure

Ingleside??
Mathis??
Rockport-Fulton??

If you have any reasoning behind your prediction please share.

SintonPirateFan
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
we'll know better after friday, but as for now it looks to me like Sinton and Mathis...and probably Rockport.

I think, like last year's Robstown/Ingleside game, this year will come down to Rockport/Ingleside.

of course all that could change Friday.

SintonPirateFan
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
but how cool would it be to see a 4A playoff team last year, FAIL to make the playoffs in 3A this year???

i think we're seeing that already in volleyball with R-F....beginning of the season ranked #8 in state. they are being handled fairly easy in district.

pirate4state
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
What three teams do you think will most likely get in the playoffs?

Sinton--pretty much in for sure

Ingleside??
Mathis??
Rockport-Fulton??

If you have any reasoning behind your prediction please share. Rockport may be in trouble if some of their injured players can't return in time for their games against Mathis/Ingleside.

MUSTANG69
10-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I think Sinton and Mathis for sure. Hopefully Ingleside will take care of R-F and get the third spot.

AP Panther Fan
10-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I think Sinton and Mathis for sure.

In what order?

MUSTANG69
10-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
In what order?

I hate to say this:D but I think Sinton will beat Mathis and take the top spot.

Lucky2Coach
10-13-2010, 01:59 PM
If you were placing odds... what would the odds be on Rockport-Fulton making it in?

AP Panther Fan
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I hate to say this:D but I think Sinton will beat Mathis and take the top spot.

Really? Hmmm, should be a good game, that is for sure!

I'm not guessing on the odds thing between Ingleside and Rockport. Mustang69, you take that one.

:)

MUSTANG69
10-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Really? Hmmm, should be a good game, that is for sure!

I'm not guessing on the odds thing between Ingleside and Rockport. Mustang69, you take that one.

:)

I think Ingleside has a good chance in that game if the turnovers and penalties are stopped. I don't think R-F has seen a passing game like Ingleside's. It may catch them off guard.

SintonPirateFan
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
If you were placing odds... what would the odds be on Rockport-Fulton making it in?

since they already have one loss in district, i say 5 or 6:1. the more i look at this thread, the more i like ingleside to beat them. i wasn't impressed with R-F's pass defense.

Lucky2Coach
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Is everyone pretty much agreed that it will look something like this:

1. Winner Sinton/Mathis
2. Loser Sinton/Mathis
3. Winner Ingleside/Rockport -Fulton

MUSTANG69
10-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Is everyone pretty much agreed that it will look something like this:

1. Winner Sinton/Mathis
2. Loser Sinton/Mathis
3. Winner Ingleside/Rockport -Fulton

I think you are right on the money.:thinking:

sinfan75
10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
I posted this in some other threads.

Mathis
Sinton
Ingleside

Sinton has a problem with the Slot T. Mathis seems to be pretty good at running it.

megaman2184
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Like I posted on the playoff prediction thread, Rockport will start regrouping just in time as the season ends near. Sinton will take the district with a tie for 2nd with Mathis and Rockport. Rockport pulls on upset on Mathis with Rockport going D1.

;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I posted this in some other threads.

Mathis
Sinton
Ingleside

Sinton has a problem with the Slot T. Mathis seems to be pretty good at running it. JMO, the problem is more the scheme and they've shown when they play it right they can shut it down like last year in the second half. Against OG i'm thinking they went more vinalla as the stands had some of them Pirate coaches from Mathis. Ingleside is the team i more worried about.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Ingleside has the athletes to compete with Sinton, Mathis, and Rockport. The coach has all of the players right where they need to be. I think Ingleside will secure a playoff spot.

Johnny Utah
10-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Sinton vs. Mathis will be for the district title no doubt. If Rockport does not get in....would be a very disappointing year after dropping into 3a.

TxChamp
10-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey guys one game at a time!!! We have a take it one game at a time!!! Mathis is playing really good ball but for now we got Goliad and we have to worry about them!!!! See ya when we play ya!!!

SintonFan
10-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Ingleside is the team i more worried about.

Funny that we mention how many teams play Sinton tough, but really, no one has played Sinton tougher in district than Ingleside this decade.
I agree.
This game is one to worry about.
On paper the Pirates look to be favored...
the game is never played on paper.
This week the paper is colored in favor of Ingleside colors. Home advantage.
Tough to win there.:nerd:

MUSTANG69
10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Funny that we mention how many teams play Sinton tough, but really, no one has played Sinton tougher in district than Ingleside this decade.
I agree.
This game is one to worry about.
On paper the Pirates look to be favored...
the game is never played on paper.
This week the paper is colored in favor of Ingleside colors. Home advantage.
Tough to win there.:nerd:

Ingleside does have the home field advantage;however, I think Sinton has a big advantage in experience. I'm not making excuses I just think that is a fact. The Mustangs will have to play mistake free to win this game. They can't have the turnovers that we have been seeing this year. I don't think Sinton will make a lot of mistakes.