PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! NFL Rankings

3afan
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
32. Buffalo (0-5): No quarterback. No run defense. At least the Bills can't lose this week.

31. Carolina (0-5): Just when you think the Panthers may be turning the corner, they fail to show up against the Bears.

30. San Francisco (0-5): The Niners continue to "almost win," which prevents them from getting out of the 30s of my power rankings.

29. Cleveland (1-4): If I'm Colt McCoy(notes), I'm wondering if I somehow angered my God. First game of his career against the Steelers? No fun.

28. St. Louis (2-3): The Rams fall to 28 after getting completely crushed by the Lions. We'll see how rookie QB Sam Bradford(notes) responds to his first real "rookie" game.

27. Detroit (1-4): An impressive win for the Lions, but they'll need victories against teams like the Giants in order to significantly move up in any NFL power rankings.

26. Seattle (2-2): Still waiting for the real Seahawks to emerge. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch(notes) will help matters.

25. Cincinnati (2-3): Yes, the Bengals deserve to be this low. Palmer and the team's defense have both been very disappointing.

24. Denver (2-3): Kyle Orton(notes) was the team's biggest question mark in August. He's having a Pro Bowl season, yet the Broncos are under .500. Go figure.

23. Minnesota (1-3): Not a mistake. The Vikings are in serious trouble, and a loss this week could mean the end of their season.

22. Dallas (1-3): Not a mistake. The Cowboys are in serious trouble, and a loss this week could mean the end of their season.

21. Oakland (2-3): Beating the Chargers is a step in the right direction. The Raiders can take another step this weekend against the winless Niners.

20. Jacksonville (3-2): David Garrard(notes) has been scared into playing well. Not sure how long that will last, though.

19. San Diego (2-3): Keep expecting the Chargers to actually show up. It's got to happen soon.

18. Arizona (3-2): Still have serious doubts about the Cards, but they deserve credit for toppling the champs this past Sunday.

17. Miami (2-2): The Dolphins have had a week to regroup. Was their fast start all for nothing?

16. Tampa Bay (3-1): Will say the Bucs are for real if they can defeat the Saints this coming Sunday.

15. Tennessee (3-2): Vince Young(notes) needs to do more than just not give the ball away, and their defense can't give up 500 yards of offense on a consistent basis.

14. Washington (3-2): The Skins have been given two games this year. Let's see how their defense handles Peyton Manning(notes).

13. Houston (3-2): Houston's pass defense is horrendous. Adjustments need to be made for this team to be a championship contender.

12. Philadelphia (3-2): Philly's o-line is scary bad, and Kevin Kolb(notes) may again be called upon to start. We'll see if they can avoid turning the ball over against the Falcons.

11. Green Bay (3-2): The Packers are a team dealing with a million injuries. Losing Aaron Rodgers(notes) could land Green Bay at .500 by next Monday.

10. Kansas City (3-1): KC's defense performed very well in a loss against Indy, but the team's offense has to improve in order for the Chiefs to make a real splash this season.

9. Chicago (4-1): Big bounce back win against a really bad team. QB Jay Cutler(notes) should be back on the field this weekend.

8. New Orleans (3-2): Silly turnovers. Lack of a placekicker. Some cause for concern.

7. New York Giants (3-2): Big Blue's defense is alive and well, and their wide receivers are actually holding onto the football.

6. Indianapolis (3-2): Beating an undefeated team is nice, but the Colts have yet to really put things together.

5. New England (3-1): Could this offense really be better without Randy Moss(notes)? We'll see.

4. New York Jets (4-1): The Jets couldn't find the end zone for much of the game against the Vikes, which is a little worrisome.

3. Atlanta (4-1): The Falcons keep winning close encounters, and I don't think they're playing their best football just yet.

2. Pittsburgh (3-1): Big Ben is back, and the Steelers should absolutely destroy the Browns.

1. Baltimore (4-1): Ray Rice(notes) is finally playing real football, the Ravens have already beaten the Steelers and their defense has the necessary tools to beat the Pats.