SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
hopefully Monday, great weapon to quiet down the Yankee crowd

Old Tiger
10-12-2010, 11:39 PM
yankees all the way

DtHood21
10-12-2010, 11:44 PM
monday's game would be in Arlington, so no need to quiet the crowd in Texas!

GOOO RANGERS!

50 yard line fan
10-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Monday's game is in NY. Texas has home field advantage this series.

DtHood21
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
how? don't the yankees have a better overall record?

50 yard line fan
10-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Texas won their division. Yankees are the AL wild card.

50 yard line fan
10-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Wouldn't really say Texas has home field advantage though. It's a 2-3-2 series. 3 games in a row in NY is tough.

DtHood21
10-13-2010, 12:06 AM
well that's exactly what i thought... but my friend said playoffs were seeded based on overall record, giving New York the edge over the Rangers.

None the less Rangers just need to take care of business, even if its in New York...

D_bird
10-13-2010, 12:44 AM
In my mind, there isn't any question here...

I think the Rangers take this series rather convincingly in five or six games. I think they match up better with the Yankees than they did with the Rays. They've proven in the ALDS that they can win on the road and beat one of the best pitchers in the American League on the road twice.

Yes everyone is going to say that "Yeah the Rangers swept the Yankees in September, but they didn't face Sabathia or Petitte."
But just remember, the Yankees didn't face Josh Hamilton during that series either. Something else that needs to be mentioned as well, the Rangers have touched up Mariano Rivera in the 9th inning twice this year for losses.

I really like the Rangers chances against the Yankees. It should at the very least be a very good series.

BaseballUmp
10-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Game 1 tickets were sold out an hour after the game finished...

Old Tiger
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by D_bird
In my mind, there isn't any question here...

I think the Rangers take this series rather convincingly in five or six games. I think they match up better with the Yankees than they did with the Rays. They've proven in the ALDS that they can win on the road and beat one of the best pitchers in the American League on the road twice.

Yes everyone is going to say that "Yeah the Rangers swept the Yankees in September, but they didn't face Sabathia or Petitte."
But just remember, the Yankees didn't face Josh Hamilton during that series either. Something else that needs to be mentioned as well, the Rangers have touched up Mariano Rivera in the 9th inning twice this year for losses.

I really like the Rangers chances against the Yankees. It should at the very least be a very good series.
No....Yankees in 6

lostaussie
10-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Rangers going to match up really well with Yankees. I have to admit..............I got a little teary eyed last night. That was a great win.:clap::clap:

mwrams
10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Growing up in the 60's the LA Dodgers were my favorite team. Then during my senior year in 1972 we finally had a team in the metroplex to root for. After being a loyal TEXAS RANGER fan for 38 years all I can say is: ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS RANGERS!

lostaussie
10-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by mwrams
ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!
That was funny:D

theville
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Go Rangers!

Bring on those Dam Yankees!

GrTigers6
10-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Its based on Divional leaders over wild card.
And lee will be available for game 3

Farmersfan
10-13-2010, 07:53 AM
I was really (Pleasantly) surprised that the Rangers were able to pull out the 3rd straight win in Tampa Bay. Great job Rangers! Beating the Yankees now is a much, much tougher proposition. The Rangers best opportunity to beat the Yankees went out the window when they didn't close out the Rays in 3 or even 4. Cliff Lee could have nullified Sabathia or Pettite. Hunter or Lewis isn't likely to win against those two pitchers but are about evenly matched against the Yankees #3 or #4. And the Rangers needed to jump on the Yankees early in that series. Lee gave them the best opportunity to do that. But I will keep the faith and keep my fingers crossed. If they can manage to beat the Yanks with CJ or Hunter/Lewis in one of the first two games then things will turn to their favor. GO RANGERS!

crzyjournalist03
10-13-2010, 08:00 AM
If pitching matchups hold, here's what we're looking at:

Game 1: C.J. Wilson vs. CC Sabathia
Game 2: Colby Lewis vs. Andy Petitte
Game 3: Cliff Lee vs. Phil Hughes
Game 4: Tommy Hunter vs. A.J. Burnett
Game 5: Wilson/Sabathia
Game 6: Lewis/Pettitte
Game 7: Lee/Hughes

I actually like game four if Burnett pitches for New York rather than bringing CC back on short rest. If they do bring CC back for game 4, then I really like Game 5 for the Rangers with Wilson against Burnett, and even if the Yankees bring CC back on short rest again in Game 7, I think a fully rested Cliff Lee would be a huge advantage over a twice short-rested CC.

To me, a lot of this comes down to Game 1. If C.J. can beat CC, I could easily see the series alternating wins all the way down to Game 7 with the Rangers winning.

I think it will be a long series either way. Right now, I'm torn between Yankees in six and Rangers in seven. But if it turns out to go seven, HUGE advantage to the Rangers.

lostaussie
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Pettitte= non-factor

lostaussie
10-13-2010, 08:06 AM
I think Rangers need to finally win a playoff game at home (Iwonder where I got that bright idea). Anyone here got any tickets??

crzyjournalist03
10-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I think Rangers need to finally win a playoff game at home (Iwonder where I got that bright idea). Anyone here got any tickets??

Came real close to buying a bunch of them when they first went on sale.

Now I'm wishing I had. I'd be filthy rich right now.

Pick6
10-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Anyone here got any tickets??

I'll be sitting a few rows up behind home plate for game 2.

steers2
10-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Been waiting on this a long time. I think the Rangers can handle the Gaykees as long as they can score some runs at home.

GO RANGERS!!

Farmersfan
10-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
If pitching matchups hold, here's what we're looking at:

Game 1: C.J. Wilson vs. CC Sabathia
Game 2: Colby Lewis vs. Andy Petitte
Game 3: Cliff Lee vs. Phil Hughes
Game 4: Tommy Hunter vs. A.J. Burnett
Game 5: Wilson/Sabathia
Game 6: Lewis/Pettitte
Game 7: Lee/Hughes

I actually like game four if Burnett pitches for New York rather than bringing CC back on short rest. If they do bring CC back for game 4, then I really like Game 5 for the Rangers with Wilson against Burnett, and even if the Yankees bring CC back on short rest again in Game 7, I think a fully rested Cliff Lee would be a huge advantage over a twice short-rested CC.

To me, a lot of this comes down to Game 1. If C.J. can beat CC, I could easily see the series alternating wins all the way down to Game 7 with the Rangers winning.

I think it will be a long series either way. Right now, I'm torn between Yankees in six and Rangers in seven. But if it turns out to go seven, HUGE advantage to the Rangers.

Having Lee start in a game 3 rotation will work greatly in the Rangers favor IF CJ or Lewis can manage to get a win in the first two games. But if the Yankees go up 2-0 and we have to get our first win with Lee vs the Yanks #3 or #4 it will be a short series. CJ or Lewis certainly will have a much tougher job getting a win against Sabbathia or Pettite in NY so they better get it done in Texas.

Emerson1
10-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Game 1 tickets were sold out an hour after the game finished...
They had been on sale since Saturday morning.

Old Tiger
10-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Rangers fans are so funny because yall are happy about an ALCS appearance.

GrTigers6
10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Rangers fans are so funny because yall are happy about an ALCS appearance. DUH :doh:

STANG RED
10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Rangers fans are so funny because yall are happy about an ALCS appearance. :confused: Are we supposed to be sad about it?

coach
10-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Pettitte= non-factor

Pettitte= Most playoff wins all time

DaHop72
10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
yankees all the way
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/DRUMMAJOR.gif

bobcat1
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
Pettitte= Most playoff wins all time Also = old

lostaussie
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by coach
Pettitte= Most playoff wins all time Didn't say he wasn't factor once upon a time.

GrTigers6
10-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Rangers fans are so funny because yall are happy about an ALCS appearance. better than sitting at home

Old Tiger
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/DRUMMAJOR.gif For this one I'm not a bandwagon fan....I've loved them since I was little.

MoveInDad
10-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Also = old
+1

crzyjournalist03
10-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Now word comes down that the Yankees are considering pitching Phil Hughes in Game 2 and Andy Pettitte in Game 3...if that happens, I think that leans the advantage more heavily toward the Rangers.

3afan
10-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Rangers fans are so funny because yall are happy about an ALCS appearance.

dont you think all fans would be happy about their team being in the LCS? :rolleyes:

RPF2666
10-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I say C.C. comes back for game 4 and 7...especially if the Rangers
win 2 of the first 3...

Burnett isn't a very good option down a game.

zebrablue2
10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
pulling for the rangers, but the yankies are good, and seem to get ALL the breaks and most of the calls! i will take the yankies in 7, but hoping for the rangers in 7!! GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

skins4life
10-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DtHood21
well that's exactly what i thought... but my friend said playoffs were seeded based on overall record, giving New York the edge over the Rangers.

None the less Rangers just need to take care of business, even if its in New York...

Tell your friend to go to the espn mlb page and look at the schedule. He will be surprised if he really thinks the series starts Friday in NY. :thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DtHood21

None the less Rangers just need to take care of business, even if its in New York... if that was the case, the Yankees would have had home field against the Twins but 3 divisions champs and 1 wild card team. Wild card is the lowest seed.