PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys and Penalties

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
We all know about the Cowboys and Penalties...but I wonder..if their reputation is causing alot of the officals to worry so much about the Cowboys that they kinda only focus on Dallas

Titans have been a team that every game EXCEPT Dallas they have 8 or more penalties..agianst Dallas they had 4..cut it in half

Agianst Houston..the Texans got 3 less than their AVERAGE..Agianst Chicago 5 less...Washington only team to get about their average

I am NOT big on blaming refs( and really not now) but I do find it strange the opponent of the Cowboys seem to be more penalty free agianst Dallas than their average.

Again not real scientific or anything, just an observation

PPSTATEBOUND
10-12-2010, 08:31 AM
:bigcry:

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
:bigcry:

actually no..I am saying because Dallas has the reputation( Rightly so) that they will commit a ton of penalties it has created a situation where the refs focus on Dallas more.AGAIN..The Cowboys fault

Macarthur
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I actually think there is something to this.

Go back and look at the video of the pass interference called on Scandrick on the first TD. Scandrick got lost, but that was not interference. wouldn't have mattered but that ref looked determined to throw that flag.

The Bowen penalty of hands to the face was completely bogus; he had the shoulder pad. That was on third down on a series that the Titans scored; should have been a punt. This call was seriously one of the worst calls by a ref I have seen in a long time. Absolutely awful.

The call on Columbo was a judgement call. I read an article yesterday that the ref can use his judgement as to whether the player went to the ground as a part of the celebration. The ref could have used his judgment to see that Columbo lost his balance and fell.

They called a hold on Gerode when he lost his balance and fell back. The defender tripped over him and fell. He did not pull the defender down. That was a case of the ref anticipating a call instead of actually calling what he sees.

Now, they might have still lost the game and even if these calls were not made, they made too many mistakes that need to be addressed.

But I do agree with the point that they now have a reputation of penalties and the refs have a really quick trigger finger.

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
There were more than the average in very questionable calls against Dallas in several of this season's games. The offensive pass interferrence call against Austin on the screen that went for good yardage against the Titans is a perfect example of plays that are not called 95% of the time. There was a hands to the face call on the dallas defense in this game also that was so marginal it rarely ever gets called. I certainly think the Dallas Rep has a lot to do with the calls.

Emerson1
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I am pretty sure that was the 2nd or 3rd offensive pass interference called on a screen. I remember Witten had one.

I always though that if the ball was thrown behind the line of scrimmage you could block like that. Guess not.

Macarthur
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
The call on Austin was one I forgot but I agree that it was very bogus. I have yet to see that call in another game this year and Dallas has like 3.

The hands to the face call you mentioned was not marginal. Even the guys on the ticket (not Cowboy homers at all) said it was one of the worst missed calls by a ref all year. Bowen never got close to the helmet.