PDA

View Full Version : 21 3-a question....

trojandad
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
looking at the playoff picture there, if one assumes that wo-s and bridge city make the playoffs, will bridge city go DI if anyone else is the third team except silsbee?

SHSTIGER
10-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Yes. BC is second largest school in district. Not happening tho.

trojandad
10-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by SHSTIGER

which part isn't happening?

Paratrooper
10-12-2010, 06:32 AM
I think with Silsbee beating OF barring OF upsetting BC or WOS then Silsbee gets the Nod as the larger school. I think what you will see is

D1 - Silsbee
D2 - Bridge City and WOS

Course, don't want to put the cart before the horse - BC has still 3 tough games ahead of them - WOS, OF, and Silsbee this week.

SHSTIGER
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SHSTIGER

Silsbee not making the playoffs.

WOS87
10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah... either Hardin-Jefferson or Hamshire-Fannett would have to beat Silsbee for there to even be an outside chance of Silsbee missing the playoffs.

I don't see that happening.

SHSTIGER
10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I think with Silsbee beating OF barring OF upsetting BC or WOS then Silsbee gets the Nod as the larger school. I think what you will see is

D1 - Silsbee
D2 - Bridge City and WOS

Course, don't want to put the cart before the horse - BC has still 3 tough games ahead of them - WOS, OF, and Silsbee this week.

Not saying this based on the strength of Silsbee but how weak Hamshire Fannett and Hardin-Jefferson are.

trojandad
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
so if we're fortunate enough to take our district (and going DII), we would most likely play the loser of the wo-s/bridge city game, right?....(and as of right now, i haven't got a clue who the winner of 21 3a DII would play from our district, its as wide open as ever, may even be a team with a losing record)......

Old Cardinal
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
The second place team(either BC or WO-S would play Coldspring).

The BC vs WO-S winner would most likely play Cleveland.

That is saying that Silsbee would end up in third place--and they would go Division I because of high enrollment, IF.... BC beats the Silsbee team this coming Friday night.

This is all just speculation..... lol

trojandad
10-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
The second place team(either BC or WO-S would play Coldspring).

The BC vs WO-S winner would most likely play Cleveland.

That is saying that Silsbee would end up in third place--and they would go Division I because of high enrollment, IF.... BC beats the Silsbee team this coming Friday night.

This is all just speculation..... lol

my 3rd place team right now is splendora, but the have to play liberty IN liberty and that has historically been a tough team even when they're good, and this year they (splendora) is way down from normal.....i think the only team cleveland has a leg up on right now is shepherd, and thats on the strength of a 2 pt win that is usually a 32 pt win......i'm even picking this to be the year tarkington takes cleveland....the indians are hurting BAD without coach tullos.......