bwdlionfan
10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
...crazy

Agreed

Devonplp
10-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes..

We all know neither Boise State or TCU deservrs the top spot and neither does Oregon.

The clear number 1 at this point in the season is Ohio State.

Daddy D 11
10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Devonplp
The clear number 1 at this point in the season is Ohio State.

Ohio State hasn't played anyone dude. Oregon has done more to this point for sure.

DDBooger
10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
All of the Big Ten's schedule is a joke. I believe one week just about every opponent was FCS.

Devonplp
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
They have strength of schedule coming there way. But the only real team Oregon has played is Stanford. So at this point neither team has been truly tested and i don't think it'll happen till the bowls start.

Daddy D 11
10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
All of the Big Ten's schedule is a joke. I believe one week just about every opponent was FCS.

Couldn't agree more. I am going to LOVE watching Nebraska just pummel the entire Big Ten for years to come. Cannot stand how weak the Big Ten is.

Daddy D 11
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
They have strength of schedule coming there way. But the only real team Oregon has played is Stanford. So at this point neither team has been truly tested and i don't think it'll happen till the bowls start.

I am just angry Michigan State doesn't play Ohio State this year, what a joke.

Oregon being down 3 touchdowns at the end of the 1st quarter to one of the top teams in the country definitely constitutes as being tested lol

Devonplp
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
The Big Ten was perfect in BCS bowls last year. So we'll see this bowl season how weak the Big 10 is.

And Oregon was much better last year in my opinion. Many more offensive weapons. And we all know how Ohio State handled them last year. And given the oppurtunity will do it again this year.

Daddy D 11
10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
The Big Ten was perfect in BCS bowls last year. So we'll see this bowl season how weak the Big 10 is.

And Oregon was much better last year in my opinion. Many more offensive weapons. And we all know how Ohio State handled them last year. And given the oppurtunity will do it again this year.

Go google the Big Tens bowl record the past 7 or 8 seasons. It's laughable.

Until 2010,they hadn't had a winning bowl record as a conference since 2002. And we all know Ohio State has done awful in BCS bowls or just big games in general as well the past 5 or so years.

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM

And Oregon was much better last year in my opinion. Many more offensive weapons. And we all know how Ohio State handled them last year. And given the oppurtunity will do it again this year. You're joking ...right:confused: :confused:
Oregon has just as many, if not more offensive weapons this year.. I think if you put them on the field with OSU this year you will see a much different outcome.:thinking:

Devonplp
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
it would be an exciting game no matter what the outcome. Oregon's RB LaMicheal James has developed into a star and Ohio State's QB Terrele Pryor is always fun to watch.

But if they played i got Ohio State 42-35

Devonplp
10-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Things are changing for the Big 10 and adding Nebraska was a great move. Anything for America to see the Big 10 is becoming a respectable conference.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Boise State deserves to be at the top. You can't hold it against them for being at a low-level conference when they're still a new face on the scene. I'm actually impressed that they were willing to schedule tough opponents this year in their preseason schedule. If they're undefeated at the end of the season and don't get a shot at the National Championship, then something needs to be done to take the human factor out of the equation. The way I see it, there are way too many people who are saying, "Boise State isn't (blank)," but the bottom line is they are still winning games, and have been for a while, against quality opponents in the preseason and in the Bowl games. Give those guys a shot, they've definitely earned it as far as I'm concerned. Anybody remember George Mason in basketball a few years ago? Wouldn't exactly have been fair to deny them a shot at the Final Four for winning all of those games in the tournament just because they weren't a member of an FBS automatic qualifier conference.

Black_Magic
10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Im sick of these folks who say TCU and Boise cant hack it with the "big dogs". I completely agree that you cant crown a "National Champion" without some sort of playoff. Untill they decide to have some sort of playoff system they should just say who finished the rear ranked #1 and NOT refer to them as "National Champions". I think It can be simple. Take the top 8 ranked teams by the BCS and play off over 3 weeks.

areacode337
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
The SEC should have the top 4.....LSU, AUBURN, South Carolina, ALabama

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by areacode337
The SEC should have the top 4.....LSU, AUBURN, South Carolina, ALabama

riiiiggggghhhhttttt

Bullaholic
10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Boise State has earned a No. 1 ranking right now---later on, after some of the bigger schools have turned in some impressive wins over each other, and Boise plays their remaining weak schedule, they will undoubtedly fall in the rankings.

rancher
10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Head Coach Peterson made the statment at end of last year and start of this year.. "We will play anyone, anytime , any place." I have not seen may of the big schools take the challege except Oregon State and VT. Most of the big dogs are playing the cup cake teams. Ohio State deserves the #5 ranking.

Old Tiger
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Boise is beating the hell out of their opponents just as the pollsters said they would have to do before the season started. This stuff is getting to wishy washy with all the pollsters anyway.

Black Swarm
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
The BCS has'nt fixed anything. There is just as much debate
over who should be number 1. I know a playoff system will
probably never happen. Everything is driven by money.
Every team in college football should have a chance to compete
for national title. What if Nevada goes undefeated will they get a shot? I could rant about this for hours.
I love college football but I hate the system.:mad:

defense51
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Boise State #1!!!

BaseballUmp
10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
So many "if's" on this thread. Just wait until everything unfolds and then we can (female dog) and moan all we want lol

areacode337
10-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Boise St needs to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TCU....in that order...oh and lets throw Nebraska in there....let that be your next 5 weeks....win all 5....you are number 1

Old Tiger
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Boise St needs to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TCU....in that order...oh and lets throw Nebraska in there....let that be your next 5 weeks....win all 5....you are number 1 Boise State vs BCS schools

W 33-30 Virginia Tech: 2010
W 37-24 Oregon State: 2010
W 19-8 Oregon: 2009
W 17-10 TCU*: 2009
W 37-32 Oregon: 2008
L 24-10 Washington: 2007
W 42-6 Oregon State: 2006
W 43-42 OT Oklahoma*: 2006
L 48-13 Georgia: 2005
L 30-27 Oregon State: 2005
L 27-21 Boston College+: 2005
W 52-34 Oregon State: 2004
L 44-40 Louisville+: 2004
L 26-24 Oregon State: 2003
L 41-14 Arkansas: 2002
W 34-16 Iowa State+: 2002

*Denotes BCS Bowl
+ Denotes Bowl Game

Since Peterson has taken over Boise they are 7-1 versus BCS schools. Prior to Petersen being there under the coaching of Dan Hawkins they were 2-6 versus BCS opponents. In my opinion Chris Petersen is the main reason they have had the success lately and the BCS bowls. It should be noted that Dan Hawkins left Boise to coach at Colorado, a BCS school, and while there his record is 19-35 as a head coach.

Daddy D 11
10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Boise St needs to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TCU....in that order...oh and lets throw Nebraska in there....let that be your next 5 weeks....win all 5....you are number 1

Those team you listed, they don't have to go through the same schedule to be #1? Just Boise has to do that?

So LSU barely beating a UNC team that had 13 of its starters missing is an impressive win? Or beating Tennessee like they did is impressive?
And TCU beating Colorado State 27-0 after only being up 6-0 in the third quarter is impressive?
What about Bamas loss last week, that was impressive huh?
Or Auburn kicking a FG as time expired to beat Kentucky who is (3-3) is impressive?
What about South Carolina beating Georgia 17-6? Georgia has done real well this year... specially against Colorado.
Or Nebraska beating South Dakota Freaking State 17-0 at home two weeks ago. Yeah that's an impressive win:rolleyes:

All the teams you named have all shown weaknesses against weaker opponents this year. Boise has not.

If Bama was still at the top would you say they have to play 2-7 to be the true #1? What about the Buckeyes? Do they need to now play 2-7 to truly be #1?