PDA

View Full Version : Since when is the QB Ineligible?

sandmaster
10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know why the Brett Farve was ruled ineligible on the reverse pass from Moss? This is really bugging me i don't know why!!

wyliefan
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
I didn't see the play but as long as the first pass was backwards (a lateral) and the receiver never crossed the line then he should have been an eligible receiver.

I would guess the first pass was forward, thus not other passes can be thrown forward.

sandmaster
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
It was a handoff the guys on tv said something about Farve being undercenter he was ineligible but that doesn't make since either.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
It was a handoff the guys on tv said something about Farve being undercenter he was ineligible but that doesn't make since either.

If you are under center you have to declare yourself eligible with the refs if I'm not mistaken.

sandmaster
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Ok that makes since then. Thanks for the answer.

Old Tiger
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Sterger told him she was ineligible...maybe he was confused.

TexMike
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
And let's be clear, if this is a rule ,this is a NFL rule only. In Texas HS (NCAA rules), the QB is eligible even if he is under center

R4Editor
10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
The call on the field was ineligible receiver down field. (Probably a lineman)

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
And let's be clear, if this is a rule ,this is a NFL rule only. In Texas HS (NCAA rules), the QB is eligible even if he is under center

I think it is an NFL rule.

Offensive Eligibility
NFL eligibility rules state that the offense is required to line up at least seven of their eleven players on the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. The five players on the interior of the offensive line (the center, the two guards and the two tackles) are ineligible to catch a forward pass. Only the two players on the end of the offensive line and the four players who are lined up at least one yard back of the line of scrimmage can be eligible receivers. In the case of the quarterback, he is only eligible if he receives the ball in shotgun formation and not while under center