PDA

View Full Version : HORRIBLE news out of Arlington

eagles_victory
10-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Josh Lewin won't be back. I am more pissed about this than I was with the loss yesterday.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2010, 03:51 PM
he was a San Deigo fan! then a Ranger fan jmo

eagles_victory
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
he was a San Deigo fan! then a Ranger fan jmo You bite your tounge that man is a legend

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Not horrible to me..liked his personality..thought he was GREAT when Rangers were bad and he could fill the time with great pop culture references and goofy moments..but as the Rangers got good I felt he got in the way of the calling of the game at times with his style

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2010, 03:59 PM
so who's replacing him?

eagles_victory
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not horrible to me..liked his personality..thought he was GREAT when Rangers were bad and he could fill the time with great pop culture references and goofy moments..but as the Rangers got good I felt he got in the way of the calling of the game at times with his style Disagree having had mlb extra innings for a few years and hearing other teams broadcasters he is the best in the league by far IMO.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Disagree having had mlb extra innings for a few years and hearing other teams broadcasters he is the best in the league by far IMO.

oh it is all aboput preference..like I said when Rangers were 15 out in August I could still watch a game because of him..

waterboy
10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I hate to see Josh Lewin go. He's been gone for a couple of weeks now, right? I thought it was because he was calling games for Fox. I noticed he was calling a lot of the Saturday Fox games during the latter part of the season. Is that who he has signed on with?

Old Tiger
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
who?

GrTigers6
10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Im sorry but I have to say that I used to hate Josh Lewin. when he started he was an idiot when it came to baseball, sports, life in general. But the last year or so his dumb comments were turned into somewhat meaningful one that actually made since. He still is far from the best announcer out there. I know of several high school announcers that are far times better.

Snydertigersrul
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Josh Lewin won't be back. I am more pissed about this than I was with the loss yesterday.

Why is that bad news? I love it. He's a jerk.

Astrosdawg07
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Bill Brown is by far superior to Josh Lewin. When watching a Rangers game I would have to hit the mute button. Also way too much of a homer for me!

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Bill Brown is by far superior to Josh Lewin. When watching a Rangers game I would have to hit the mute button. Also way too much of a homer for me!

he was the RANGER broadcaster..I listen to a ton of them and they ALL are homers

GreenMonster
10-12-2010, 01:12 AM
That sucks! Love his "BALLGAME!" call at the end of victories. He's a rising talent though and has been calling games on the national scene for the last couple of years. I too used to be annoyed by this guy, but he really grew on me the last few years.

Twirling Time
10-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
so who's replacing him?

My guess is Dave Barnett will move over from radio. Barnett is a former ESPN TV announcer and did some weekend TV games filling in for Josh.

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
My guess is Dave Barnett will move over from radio. Barnett is a former ESPN TV announcer and did some weekend TV games filling in for Josh.

I dont know..They will do a search to see if someone they are not expecting applies..also Scott Garner and Scott Franzke are two how they might go after..Franzke does their pre/post game stuff

Barnett is not liked by the maority of the Ranger fan base so we will see if Greenberg listens to the fans

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I didn't mind Josh! At least he had something. Tom Grieve on the other hand was a waste of space. That guy brought absolutely nothing................. Please tell me HE isn't coming back also!

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I didn't mind Josh! At least he had something. Tom Grieve on the other hand was a waste of space. That guy brought absolutely nothing................. Please tell me HE isn't coming back also!

TAG is back for at least 3 years..I think he has a loyal following because of his tenure

bigwood33
10-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Dave Barnett also used to be the voice of the Mavericks and then the Milwaukee Bucks. I don't know the rest of his resume.

scrub c
10-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Too bad, lewin was good, especially sitting next to tag.