PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Texas Major Flooding

bccards
10-09-2003, 07:42 PM
how is everyone in Southeast Texas doing w/ the major flooding? Bridge City has gotten hit VERY HARD! All roads are under water, TX87 & 1442 had about 3 feet of water on it, all 6 lanes of the highway was covered in at least 6" of water all the way from one side of town to the other. Water in many homes, 7"+ and still comin down and more on the way. I've never seen flood like this ever in my time in BC. It's gunna make for a REAL NASTY night of football tomorrow night! Everyone be safe! avoid the roads!

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Maybe they'll postpone the games until Monday... Then you can have Monday night Football...

feels kinda wierd, we had to do it my sophmore year due to the flood...

Hope everyone makes it out okay up thur...

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Living in West Texas for the last few years until this past February, I feel like building an ark. Got flooded out on the service roads running parralell to Eas-Tex Freeway in Beaumont today. You haven't lived until you have pushed your vehicle into a parking lot out of 4 feet of water. Just my take.

bccards
10-09-2003, 09:29 PM
nm

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

bccards
10-09-2003, 09:36 PM
thanks Gobbla, seems the rain is done for tonight.

xlr8tor: Welcome to Southeast Texas :) A Harsh way to be welcomed huh? lol. The roads are still all flooded and it hasn't rained much in the past hour or so. Interstate 10 West was a nightmare as well. Traffic was bumper to bumper. Coming in from Port Arthur from the Memorial Bridge to the redlight @ Ferry/Lake Drive took almost an hour! Unbelievable. I've lived here for 20 years or so and have never seen this happen before!

xlr8tor
10-09-2003, 09:39 PM
bccards:
thanks Gobbla, seems the rain is done for tonight.

xlr8tor: Welcome to Southeast Texas :) A Harsh way to be welcomed huh? lol. The roads are still all flooded and it hasn't rained much in the past hour or so. Interstate 10 West was a nightmare as well. Traffic was bumper to bumper. Coming in from Port Arthur from the Memorial Bridge to the redlight @ Ferry/Lake Drive took almost an hour! Unbelievable. I've lived here for 20 years or so and have never seen this happen before!Well, that is somewhat comforting. Hopefully, I won't have to experience that again for... say another 20 years? Hope not. Just my take.

Backwoods
10-09-2003, 09:41 PM
xlr8tor: Keep your head above the water. Things WILL change. We'll probably have a droughth and woods fires next week. :rolleyes:

bccards
10-10-2003, 11:48 AM
The bad thing about cancelling Football and playing on a Monday means that you can't play again until the next Saturday.. UIL says 1 game in a 5 day period. Happened to us last year w/ Hurricane Lili, 20-4A played Monday, then the Saturday of the same week, 21-3A (teams in Hardin/Liberty county played as scheduled) but Orange County 3A Football didn't play that week until the Saturday. So we still got to play the following Friday.. UIL has some strange rules, lol. Glad to see the water has drained off in most places here in town! Betcha the football field is going to be N-A-S-T-Y !

sinfan75
10-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Looks like mother nature is spreadin the love around.We was gettin all the rain a few weeks ago.I guess it's ya'lls turn now.

Wildcat81
10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Backwoods:
xlr8tor: Keep your head above the water. Things WILL change. We'll probably have a droughth and woods fires next week. :rolleyes: backwoods don't say drought please eek!