PDA

View Full Version : I am very interested in.....

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
The Heisman race...

Former Texarkana Liberty-Eylau standout RB LaMichael James is the #2 rusher in the land adding 178 Saturday. This puts him at 848 for the year despite missing the first game of the year

Former Texarkana Texas High standout QB Ryan Mallet over 1700 passing yds thus far for the University of Arkansas. He is one of the top ten QBs nationwide.

Good luck to both of these young men.

jason
10-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
The Heisman race...

Former Texarkana Liberty-Eylau standout RB LaMichael James is the #2 rusher in the land adding 178 Saturday. This puts him at 848 for the year despite missing the first game of the year

Former Texarkana Texas High standout QB Ryan Mallet over 1700 passing yds thus far for the University of Arkansas. He is one of the top ten QBs nationwide.

Good luck to both of these young men. mallett won't win it - he'll choke when it counts....

michigan's qb could be in the running...

nebraska's qb should be in the running too, he is having a good year - being a freshman will take him out of it though...

Bullaholic
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
The NFL is licking their chops to get their hands on Mallet--you couldn't blueprint a better pro QB prospect.

lostaussie
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM
James talk is certainly on the rise on ESPN as far as the Heisman goes. As long as the ducks keep winning he should still be in the conversation.

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jason
mallett won't win it - he'll choke when it counts....

michigan's qb could be in the running...

nebraska's qb should be in the running too, he is having a good year - being a freshman will take him out of it though... Ryan has a good chance. He played a good game against Bama, but not a great game... same can be said about his game against the Ags. He will need to step his game up, but other than Pryor at OSU there really aren't alot of big names in the QB ranks.

Mich QB kinda stumbled a little this w/e. I am curious if that was just a bad game or if maybe folks are figuring him out a little.

I agree on Neraska QB... Hopefully he will get a shot next year, because he is a fun to watch.

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The NFL is licking their chops to get their hands on Mallet--you couldn't blueprint a better pro QB prospect. That kid has the biggest hands I have ever seen!!! His only drawback is he throws the ball so dang hard, most of his drops are because it is coming in so hard the receiver can't catch it!!!

jason
10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
That kid has the biggest hands I have ever seen!!! His only drawback is he throws the ball so dang hard, most of his drops are because it is coming in so hard the receiver can't catch it!!! we saw him get beat in his last high school game...

he kind of choked - threw (i think) 3 picks vs copperas cove....

Bruce
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
LE Dad ,I know Will Middlebrooks went too the pro's in baseball, but was Will playing about that same time these other young men were playing back in HS ? I was thinking Will was the QB his senior years, I may be all wrong. Most of time I wonder if I'm washing or hanging out. Thanks!

rojosgirl
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Wish Case Keenum of Houston was still in the race. It's a shame he got hurt during his Sr. season. He could flat out throw that ball!

Old Tiger
10-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Mallett won't win the heisman

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bruce
LE Dad ,I know Will Middlebrooks went too the pro's in baseball, but was Will playing about that same time these other young men were playing back in HS ? I was thinking Will was the QB his senior years, I may be all wrong. Most of time I wonder if I'm washing or hanging out. Thanks! Middlebrooks started from 04-06 at LE.... LaMichael James 05-07 at LE.... Mallet started his first game in the 03 SC as a Freshman, because the starting QB was arrested on gameday. There was no shotage of talent on field as UT standout Nathan Jones and Oklahoma standout Brandon Jones were catching balls at that time also.

LE Dad
10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Mallett won't win the heisman Hopefully not .... I am pulling for LJ myself.:D

I would like to see them both get invites, but unless Ryan starts putting up some big #s he may not make it.