PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early to talk tie-breaker scenarios?

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2010, 10:09 AM
:thinking:

Abilene Wylie beat Sweetwater by 11. So,assuming Brownwood
and Snyder take first and second...

If Sweetwater beats Big Spring by 13 this Friday and Big Spring
beats Wylie by 12 the following week, Sweetwater would win the
tie-breaker for third place right? :nerd:

Is it that simple? :confused:

95mustang
10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds simple enough for me. ;)

bwdlionfan
10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:thinking:

Abilene Wylie beat Sweetwater by 11. So,assuming Brownwood
and Snyder take first and second...

If Sweetwater beats Big Spring by 13 this Friday and Big Spring
beats Wylie by 12 the following week, Sweetwater would win the
tie-breaker for third place right? :nerd:

Is it that simple? :confused:

I believe you are right. And this could happen if Big Spring's QB and RB aren't 100%. I read that their RB might have suffered a concussion against us and I haven't heard how their QB's ankle is doing. If Sweetwater gets this win against a not so healthy Big Spring squad and then Big Spring gets healthy and beats A Wylie.... who knows.

What is the ceiling on our points for the tie breaker in this district? A lot of districts use 18 I think, but it can be different district by district.

ccmom
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I believe you are right. And this could happen if Big Spring's QB and RB aren't 100%. I read that their RB might have suffered a concussion against us and I haven't heard how their QB's ankle is doing. If Sweetwater gets this win against a not so healthy Big Spring squad and then Big Spring gets healthy and beats A Wylie.... who knows.

What is the ceiling on our points for the tie breaker in this district? A lot of districts use 18 I think, but it can be different district by district.

I think when we were in District 2, they used positive points with a 14 point ceiling BUT #1...I'm not sure about that. #2...The tie breaker could be different now that we are in district 5. #3....YES, it's too early to talk tie breakers! :)