PDA

View Full Version : SKUNK in the bleachers!!

lostaussie
10-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Never seen nothing like that in all my life. Some lady finally took one for the team!!!! Picked the dang thing up and carried it out. :clap::clap: Had to throw my dang shirt away after the game. Last few minutes of game very exciting:D Don't know what happened on field but I saw elderly folks hurdleing bleachers like they were freaking Edwin Moses:D

MUSTANG69
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
At a game in Ingleside early in the year a rattlesnake had to be removed from the track. That happened last year too. Makes the more interesting.:D

Gsquared
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Never seen nothing like that in all my life. Some lady finally took one for the team!!!! Picked the dang thing up and carried it out. :clap::clap: Had to throw my dang shirt away after the game. Last few minutes of game very exciting:D Don't know what happened on field but I saw elderly folks hurdleing bleachers like they were freaking Edwin Moses:D
That sounds like a new Ray Price song!

Bullaholic
10-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
That sounds like a new Ray Price song!

You mean Ray Stevens, G2?....I bet it was like the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" in those stands. :D

Sure would like to borrow that skunk from aussie for a couple of games. :D

Gsquared
10-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You mean Ray Stevens, G2?....I bet it was like the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" in those stands. :D

Sure would like to borrow that skunk from aussie for a couple of games. :D
Yeah, Ray Stevens. I knew it was one of those "Rays's"

waterboy
10-11-2010, 10:00 AM
From what I understand it happened twice in that game, two different skunks. There was supposedly one that was in the stands toward the end of the third quarter, too. TOPS1435 can probably give us the scoop.

What I'm curious about is what happened after the game with the cops and ambulance on Bradford Street. It caused a major traffic jam.

wimbo_pro
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM

I cant believe someone actually picked it up...like any wild animal, they will fight like a whirling dervish if cornered.

RoyceTTU
10-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I cant believe someone actually picked it up...like any wild animal, they will fight like a whirling dervish if cornered.

You are right about that. We had one in our shop, the animal control guy came in and aparantly knew what he was doing. He distracted him, grabbed him by the back of the neck, and tucked his tail between his legs. He didn't give him a chance to spray.

He asked me if I could distract him, I told him where he could go ;) he was on his own.

lostaussie
10-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
From what I understand it happened twice in that game, two different skunks. There was supposedly one that was in the stands toward the end of the third quarter, too. TOPS1435 can probably give us the scoop.

What I'm curious about is what happened after the game with the cops and ambulance on Bradford Street. It caused a major traffic jam. i think it was the same one.............just came out a couple different times...................I certainly wish he had not come out the last time!!!

waterboy
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
i think it was the same one.............just came out a couple different times...................I certainly wish he had not come out the last time!!!
Somebody said that they caught the first one, too. Don't know for sure. It was funny, though, how athletic them old people were in the reserved section. I was right beside the aisle on the north side of that section and got a close up view of the whole thing. It was hilarious! :D

Bullaholic
10-11-2010, 11:03 AM

You don't know East Texas folk, wimbo---they keep em' for house pets and have them for supper when things get tough....:D

lostaussie
10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You don't know East Texas folk, wimbo---they keep em' for house pets and have them for supper when things get tough....:D This son of a gun was in bad need of an enima:D something made his booty stink!!

Gsquared
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
This son of a gun was in bad need of an enima:D something made his booty stink!!
Dang, did you have to lift his tail to smell it or did someone lift it for you?

Buckeye1980
10-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Dang, did you have to lift his tail to smell it or did someone lift it for you?

I think old Pepe' lifted it himself!

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
At a game in Ingleside early in the year a rattlesnake had to be removed from the track. That happened last year too. Makes the more interesting.:D

Was it on the home side? Not too surprising though with all of the land between the football field and Dupont.

One year, I remember a football game being interrupted by a HUGE swarm of bees. Talk about people running and ducking, craziest thing I ever saw. You would have thought those bees were a flock of geese heading north (at a very low altitude).

MUSTANG69
10-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Was it on the home side? Not too surprising though with all of the land between the football field and Dupont.

One year, I remember a football game being interrupted by a HUGE swarm of bees. Talk about people running and ducking, craziest thing I ever saw. You would have thought those bees were a flock of geese heading north (at a very low altitude).

I think the rattlesnake was found on the track near the home side concession stand on both ocassions. Lots of brush behind that part of the stadium. Lucky someone didn't get bit.:thinking:

lostaussie
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Dang, did you have to lift his tail to smell it or did someone lift it for you? I didn't have to do nothing. I think he pooted:D

AP Panther Fan
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I think the rattlesnake was found on the track near the home side concession stand on both ocassions. Lots of brush behind that part of the stadium. Lucky someone didn't get bit.:thinking:

Yep, they might want to rethink the fencing on that side of the field. At least the snake would have to crawl around and enter through the visitor's side. lol.

MUSTANG69
10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yep, they might want to rethink the fencing on that side of the field. At least the snake would have to crawl around and enter through the visitor's side. lol.

I think I'll just catch him and put him over there.:devil:

lulu
10-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't have to do nothing. I think he pooted:D

Aussie your a hoot:D

Ranger Mom
10-11-2010, 02:21 PM

I agree!! That and the fact that skunks are known carriers of rabies!!!

lulu
10-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree!! That and the fact that skunks are known carriers of rabies!!! And how many skunks in their right mind..lol.... gonna hang out in a stadium that long. Either couldn't find it's way out or the rabies was in control.

Aussie...did you do that?:p

buckeyebob
10-12-2010, 06:15 AM
I am taking the Skunk & the T-Shirt to Carthage.

M&G will be at haftime, south side, outside the fence. Come and sign. I should have my Buckeye Bug sign.

zebrablue2
10-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob

M&G will be at haftime, south side, outside the fence. Come and sign. I should have my Buckeye Bug sign.

LOL!!!

pirate4state
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob

M&G will be at haftime, south side, outside the fence. Come and sign. I should have my Buckeye Bug sign. :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2010, 05:59 AM
I can honestly say, the text I got during the spraying was definitely the funniest game update text I've ever received! :D

poisoned10
10-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can honestly say, the text I got during the spraying was definitely the funniest game update text I've ever received! :D

We got sprayed and scored within a few minutes of each other.

When I was in high school, me and my GF was getting ready to go to Longview for a movie date and as I stepped down from the last step, I stepped on a skunk. My GF went running back into the house, locked me out, and I got sprayed directly on my pants leg.

It took 6 months of sitting outside and 12368 washings to get the smell out of those clothes. And I took a nasty bath in tomato sauce. Didn't really help out a whole lot.

Black_Magic
10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
I thought I would get on here and read about Rocket... Darn;)