15. Raymondville (5-1) vs. #16 Lyford
16. Lyford (6-0) @ #15 Raymondville
17 Robstown (4-2) vs. CC Miller
18 Ingleside (4-2) @ #2 Sinton
19 Lampasas (4-2) @ Llano
20. La Vernia (2-4) vs. Poteet

Saggy Aggie
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
WC is slowly but surely creeping their way up the ladder. Impressive win last week. :)

Necked
10-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm going to put on my serious hat for a moment to mention that I like the way the Div I bracket is shaping up for Columbia. They may have a serious playoff run if they stay healthy...and maybe pass a little bit more...:D
...now back to being stupid...:crazy1:

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Why pass when you have three kids in the backfield who can run 4.21's and go for almost a bill a game?

Cam
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Liberty Hill ahead of Burnet in standings?? No way! Burnet is going to surprise alot of folks this season. Team speed is crazy. A 3-headed monster RB attack with 100m district track champ Joe Brown, equally fast Zac Maldonado (88 yarder last Friday vs Lampasas), and newcomer (& twin brother) blazer, junior Demone Belmarez from Katy. Burnet defense very quick led by LB Vincent Rivera and DB Aaron Thomas. There's no fat boys here...just a bunch of flat-bellied athletes. Liberty Hill won't be able to hang with them in last game of season in Burnet. However, should be a better game than last season's 48-6 thumping of the Panthers...With Lampasas a very good team this year with biggest enrollment, they should make the playoffs and go to Div I. Burnet will be one Div. II rep if all goes well for them and they stay injury free. Beware Region IV!

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
Why pass when you have three kids in the backfield who can run 4.21's and go for almost a bill a game? 4.21's.... lol. But yeah.... any kind of penalty or set back = a punt if you can't pass.

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
4.21's.... lol. But yeah.... any kind of penalty or set back = a punt if you can't pass.

why you hatin so bad on the WC passing game?

SHSBulldog00
10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
W.C. better make sure Wharton doesn't control the clock like they did against Sweeny. If they do it could be close.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 09:45 AM
why you hatin so bad on the WC passing game?

. I don't mean to sound like a hater. WC has a good squad with a LOT of potential this year. I just don't want to see that be the downfall of this team. I'm not saying Lewis can't pass, but he is a run first QB, correct? Well, his only real pass attempts are bootleg throws on the run. He's not the most accurate QB ever and those are hardly ever completed. I remember the BC game on 4th down and long, WC ran a crossing route over the middle to Johnican and completed about a 15 yard pass with Lewis in the pocket. I was impressed and thought to myself that was a pretty good play and it wouldn't take much to run more like that to at least show the defenses different looks. Or even what LG was doing to WC. Those quick passes out (granted they had an outside talent like Wilkerson that WC lacks), but swing a pass to Bess in the flat and let him go to work. Kid has a bright future. I just can't stand to see a team run it up the middle over and over when the other team is stacking the box, and then get stopped. Take a shot down the field. Anything. Back em off. Just my opinion. I hope WC proves me wrong, because so far they've just been ramming it down everyone's throat and no one has stopped the Necks, but there will be a team out there that can stop it. Believe that.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
W.C. better make sure Wharton doesn't control the clock like they did against Sweeny. If they do it could be close.

Why did Sweeny let one of the Wharton coaches run the clock at their own field? This just does not make sence.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't mean to sound like a hater. WC has a good squad with a LOT of potential this year. I just don't want to see that be the downfall of this team. I'm not saying Lewis can't pass, but he is a run first QB, correct? Well, his only real pass attempts are bootleg throws on the run. He's not the most accurate QB ever and those are hardly ever completed. I remember the BC game on 4th down and long, WC ran a crossing route over the middle to Johnican and completed about a 15 yard pass with Lewis in the pocket. I was impressed and thought to myself that was a pretty good play and it wouldn't take much to run more like that to at least show the defenses different looks. Or even what LG was doing to WC. Those quick passes out (granted they had an outside talent like Wilkerson that WC lacks), but swing a pass to Bess in the flat and let him go to work. Kid has a bright future. I just can't stand to see a team run it up the middle over and over when the other team is stacking the box, and then get stopped. Take a shot down the field. Anything. Back em off. Just my opinion. I hope WC proves me wrong, because so far they've just been ramming it down everyone's throat and no one has stopped the Necks, but there will be a team out there that can stop it. Believe that.

Are you getting your degree in education? Because you really need to be a coach. you have unbelieveable insite into football.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Are you getting your degree in education? Because you really need to be a coach. you have unbelieveable insite into football. I know my "insite" is so good. Do you even have a degree? LOL

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 10:05 AM
I know my "insite" is so good. Do you even have a degree? LOL

I am serious you are unreal with all that football knowledge. What HS football team did you play for to learn this.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I know my "insite" is so good. Do you even have a degree? LOL

Unbelievable you knew I did'nt have a degree just because I left the g out of a word when typing this. You are incredible.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I am serious you are unreal with all that football knowledge. What HS football team did you play for to learn this. Brazoswood. And aren't you from NM or something like that? They play in the sand over there, right? You are such a great coach though, I wish I could take some advice from you.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Unbelievable you knew I did'nt have a degree just because I left the g out of a word when typing this. You are incredible. And the "h" and.....there's also no "e" in "insight." But oh well. I can't judge you for not having a degree. Some people just can't cut it, ya know?

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Pancho has two degrees. One is a BS in eating. the other is a Masters in Football. Nuff said.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Brazoswood. And aren't you from NM or something like that? They play in the sand over there, right? You are such a great coach though, I wish I could take some advice from you.

And you played football?

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 10:23 AM
And the "h" and.....there's also no "e" in "insight." But oh well. I can't judge you for not having a degree. Some people just can't cut it, ya know?

And where did you play football? Oh never mind you did not.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
And where did you play football? Oh never mind you did not. I played basketball, but maybe I should have played football. It appears that might have made all the difference. I could've learned from a fine coach such as yourself.

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Bwood still has a basketball program? I thought Cook took all the balls when he left.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Bwood still has a basketball program? I thought Cook took all the balls when he left. Did I say B'wood. I meant WC. ;)

Pancho knows. We go back, right big buddy? As a matter of fact, I believe I was at his house in August. I could hear him snoring from the living room. It's a shame he wasn't awake. We could've talked about football.....errr... I could've listened, because I don't know anything about football, being that I didn't play and all.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
I played basketball, but maybe I should have played football. It appears that might have made all the difference. I could've learned from a fine coach such as yourself.

I knew it! Now I understand.

Blastoderm55
10-11-2010, 10:59 AM
:doh:

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
:doh: We have a history. :doh: :doh:

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Did I say B'wood. I meant WC. ;)

Pancho knows. We go back, right big buddy? As a matter of fact, I believe I was at his house in August. I could hear him snoring from the living room. It's a shame he wasn't awake. We could've talked about football.....errr... I could've listened, because I don't know anything about football, being that I didn't play and all.

Wow you don't even know where you went to HS. And you are on here talking about others.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow you don't even know where you went to HS. And you are on here talking about others. I know! Who am I to do such a thing?!? Good thing I'm only hating on you and not students! It takes a real man to hate on students, something I'm not capable of!

Cam
10-11-2010, 11:13 AM
dudes....calm down.....or maybe better, let's arrange a meeting for you two and "throw some hands"!

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I aint even sure Saggie is legal yet....

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I know! Who am I to do such a thing?!? Good thing I'm only hating on you and not students! It takes a real man to hate on students, something I'm not capable of!

I did not know you from anyone till you told me. And you started by hating on our QB and recivers.

3afan
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
... three kids in the backfield who can run 4.21's ...

LOL!

no team on earth has that kinda speed

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I was exaggerating a little. Best they have run is 4.31. But that was also timed when he had to snap the ball to himself. Watch started on the snap.

pancho villa
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't mean to sound like a hater. WC has a good squad with a LOT of potential this year. I just don't want to see that be the downfall of this team. I'm not saying Lewis can't pass, but he is a run first QB, correct? Well, his only real pass attempts are bootleg throws on the run. He's not the most accurate QB ever and those are hardly ever completed. I remember the BC game on 4th down and long, WC ran a crossing route over the middle to Johnican and completed about a 15 yard pass with Lewis in the pocket. I was impressed and thought to myself that was a pretty good play and it wouldn't take much to run more like that to at least show the defenses different looks. Or even what LG was doing to WC. Those quick passes out (granted they had an outside talent like Wilkerson that WC lacks), but swing a pass to Bess in the flat and let him go to work. Kid has a bright future. I just can't stand to see a team run it up the middle over and over when the other team is stacking the box, and then get stopped. Take a shot down the field. Anything. Back em off. Just my opinion. I hope WC proves me wrong, because so far they've just been ramming it down everyone's throat and no one has stopped the Necks, but there will be a team out there that can stop it. Believe that.

Are you getting your degree in education? Because you really need to be a coach. you have unbelieveable insite into football.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I did not know you from anyone till you told me. And you started by hating on our QB and recivers. I didn't say anything negative about the players. If anything, I've said how good they can be. If you ask me... it's on the coaches. The players don't have any say in which plays you decide to practice and call in the game. They just do what they're told to do as best they can.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I aint even sure Saggie is legal yet.... Haha... Pancho can barely move. I'm not sure I have much to worry about.

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Its on the coaches that the QB is a run first QB?

and just keep believing that Pancho can barely move. I thought that too until there was one Taco left and he was across the room. Next thing I knew there was nothing but an empty packet of hot sauce.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
So along the same lines, Say a kid has a below avg leg, and his max on a field goal is say...25 yards. So you are telling me if the kid cant kid a 30 yard FG to win the game then its on the coaches? If you let him kick a 40 yd fg when you know he won't make it, then it's on the coaches. It's called setting him up to fail. That is exactly what the WC coaches did in the El Campo game in '08. They sent the kicker out there for a 40 yd potentially game winning FG after he had already missed 2 EP's and was limping around. Of course he missed and Wc lost. Not his fault. Everyone in the stadium knew he wasn't going to be able to make it. But the coaches ran him out there anyway. THAT is on the coaches. If you have a QB with a below avg arm, and the only pass attempts he gets are bootleg throws on the run, you are setting him up to fail. JMO.... but then again, I don't know what I'm talking about.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/headache.gif

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Sounds like there is some anger in your heart....

Its probably best you leave the thinking and play calling up to someone who has a clue what they are doing.

You ever thought maybe the kid throws better on the run?

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Sounds like there is some anger in your heart....

Its probably best you leave the thinking and play calling up to someone who has a clue what they are doing. Great response.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
You ever thought maybe the kid throws better on the run? I have a hard time believing anyone can throw better on the run than they can standing in a pocket. And Lewis was 1/1 in the pocket and about 1/5 on the run in the BC game. :confused:

Cam
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
i still think ya'll need to throw hands......

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
So you had him for 2-6....What happened to the other 4 passes he threw?

Necked
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
So you had him for 2-6....What happened to the other 4 passes he threw?

Maybe those were the ones that hit the cheerleaders. Do you get credit for those?...

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes, but they still count as attempts. And it depends on which cheerleaders you hit. More for varsity of course.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
So you had him for 2-6....What happened to the other 4 passes he threw? Key word was "about." Geez, you guys are more slow than I originally anticipated. I didn't have exact stats at my disposal, so I threw that "about" in there specifically so you wouldn't get confused. However, you managed to confuse yourself anyway. Congrats. The point was, he was 100% in the pocket and somewhere in the range of 20-30% while running. Clear?

clhsdad
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Is this the Region IV top twenty thread?

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
you are 'about' right. I'll tell you what happened to those other 4 passes you neglected to mention for the sake of your argument. Lewis was 5-10 on the night, so the other 4 passes you missed he was 3-4, all three boots. So there goes your theory. And yes, I do have the info at my disposal.

Any other questions youngin?

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
you are 'about' right. I'll tell you what happened to those other 4 passes you neglected to mention for the sake of your argument. Lewis was 5-10 on the night, so the other 4 passes you missed he was 3-4, all three boots. So there goes your theory. And yes, I do have the info at my disposal.

Any other questions youngin? Regardless, my point is proven. Lewis was 100% in the pocket and 44% on the run to make a grand total of 50%. Seems to me like he might be decent in the pocket when given a chance. No?

Daddy D 11
10-11-2010, 02:50 PM
The 4.21, then 4.31 comments are absolutely ridiculous. It's laughable that someone could even believe that.

Necked
10-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The 4.21, then 4.31 comments are absolutely ridiculous. It's laughable that someone could even believe that.

Not if it was wind-aided, on turf, that sloped downhill...not our fault though, hired a cheap contractor to put our field in...

baseballcoach13
10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Regardless, my point is proven. Lewis was 100% in the pocket and 44% on the run to make a grand total of 50%. Seems to me like he might be decent in the pocket when given a chance. No?

1 for 1 proves your point? I hope the WC oc Reads this and changes his play calling accordingly.

Saggy Aggie
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
1 for 1 proves your point? I hope the WC oc Reads this and changes his play calling accordingly. I'm not saying the offense should be changed completely. I am suggesting that a few more of those could be attempted. Or at least try something other than our beloved blast, toss, and boot. oh well. As long as we keep beating up on weak teams, I wont complain... but when we get behind and have to pass.... ill be the first in line to complain. After all, that's my job.