PDA

View Full Version : Texans should have drafted Vince Young!

Phil C
10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
What a hugh mistake that was. Do you realize that VY is undefeated playing in Texas since 2004? That is fantastic. If Houston had drafted him they would really have racked up the wins and would have been a sure win in the next super bowl since it is being played in Texas. What a mistake Houston made in missing this opportunity. They just wouldn't listen to their fans and thus settled for being a mideocre team instead of a super bowl winner.

wimbo_pro
10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What a hugh mistake that was. Do you realize that VY is undefeated playing in Texas since 2004? That is fantastic. If Houston had drafted him they would really have racked up the wins and would have been a sure win in the next super bowl since it is being played in Texas. What a mistake Houston made in missing this opportunity. They just wouldn't listen to their fans and thus settled for being a mideocre team instead of a super bowl winner.

I dont think Vy has proven he was worth a 1st round pick. However, I'm not sure Mario Williams has either.

Old Tiger
10-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dont think Vy has proven he was worth a 1st round pick. However, I'm not sure Mario Williams has either. .600+ winning % says otherwise

BaseballUmp
10-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
.600+ winning % says otherwise

What is Reggie McNeil's winning % haha

IHStangFan
10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
.600+ winning % says otherwise Let's just be honest and call it what it is....VY had next to nothing to do w/ the Titan's win today and had EVERYTHING to do w/ Chris Johnson. All of this talk about how VINCE is this and has won this many games....he DID have the leading NFL rusher in his backfield last year....and dude went OFF today...again.

Just sayin. Chris Johnson > Vince Young when it comes to the Titans having success as of late.

You VY worshipers crack me up.

BaseballUmp
10-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Let's just be honest and call it what it is....VY had next to nothing to do w/ the Titan's win today and had EVERYTHING to do w/ Chris Johnson. All of this talk about how VINCE is this and has won this many games....he DID have the leading NFL rusher in his backfield last year....and dude went OFF today...again.

Just sayin. Chris Johnson > Vince Young when it comes to the Titans having success as of late.

Don't doubt what you are saying, the Titans were 0-6 before VY was starting last year and Chris Johnson was averaging 99 yards per game. When Vince came in he was averaging 117.5

More carries per game and less throws with VY behind center? Possibly, but VY had to have some impact or they wouldnt have won 8 or the next 10 games because they obviously were doing something different than with Kerry Collins

IHStangFan
10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Don't doubt what you are saying, the Titans were 0-6 before VY was starting last year and Chris Johnson was averaging 99 yards per game. When Vince came in he was averaging 117.5

More carries per game and less throws with VY behind center? Possibly, but VY had to have some impact or they wouldnt have won 8 or the next 10 games because they obviously were doing something different than with Kerry Collins Of course ....he can run....he's like having a second RB under center and has to be accounted for....but as far as being a LEADER and a viable option at QB? The jury is still out....EERRRR....scratch that. As far as I'm concerned he ISN'T a viable option as a legit NFL QB. That's just my opinion. Flame away.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Mario Williams has had a way better career so far then Vince and this is from a guy that bleeds orange. Houston should of taken Williams or Bush imo.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Let's just be honest and call it what it is....VY had next to nothing to do w/ the Titan's win today and had EVERYTHING to do w/ Chris Johnson. All of this talk about how VINCE is this and has won this many games....he DID have the leading NFL rusher in his backfield last year....and dude went OFF today...again.

I would say with the way the Titans came out throwing that the Titans passing game opened it up for Johnson on the ground

Young does not have pretty stats, but he wins..in fact he has 3rd best winning % among starting QBs just behind Manning and Brady

IrishTex
10-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would say with the way the Titans came out throwing that the Titans passing game opened it up for Johnson on the ground

Young does not have pretty stats, but he wins..in fact he has 3rd best winning % among starting QBs just behind Manning and Brady

And forgive me for saying so, but is a breath of fresh air compared to Romo.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

??

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

You tread on sacred ground IrishTex!!!!!!!!!!

Phil C
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
You all seem to have missed one of the main points. VY has not lost a game in Texas since 2004 which means this year the Texans would win 8 games this year. Now throw in 4 or 5 games on the road Houston could very well have home field advantage in the playoffs which means they get to the super bowl with VY and the Super Bowl is in Texans. Bottom line with VY the Texans win the next super bowl.

greenzebra
10-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You all seem to have missed one of the main points. VY has not lost a game in Texas since 2004 which means this year the Texans would win 8 games this year. Now throw in 4 or 5 games on the road Houston could very well have home field advantage in the playoffs which means they get to the super bowl with VY and the Super Bowl is in Texans. Bottom line with VY the Texans win the next super bowl.

So just play him in home games for the Texans and have a road QB, I like it.