PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Vs Tennessee

eagleqb_14
10-10-2010, 02:53 PM
lets go boys!!!!

DDBooger
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
3 pass interference calls and a TD for the Titans to start off.

eagleqb_14
10-10-2010, 04:24 PM

BaseballUmp
10-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Haha @Cowboys

sinton66
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey, all you Roy Williams haters.......bite it!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Haha @Cowboys :foul:

sinton66
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
LOL, and now all you Romo haters can bite it too! :p

95mustang
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Nice Play. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BaseballUmp
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Lucky play :stirpot:

Looking4number8
10-10-2010, 05:09 PM

Still worth 7!

TexMike
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Any HS DB's out there looking for work? The Cowboys could use you

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
wow, I'm going to kind of state the obvious, but geez Dallas is horrid!!!!! :flaming:

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 06:13 PM

Dude, your name has baseball in it. Why are you commenting in here?:p

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Come on Cowboys!
Plenty of time to TAKE THIS GAME!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BaseballUmp
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dude, your name has baseball in it. Why are you commenting in here?:p

Lol yours has Sinton and im pretty sure no one from sinton is playing in the game :D

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Lol yours has Sinton and im pretty sure no one from sinton is playing in the game :D

Are you sure?
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

BaseballUmp
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Just guessing

BaseballUmp
10-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Unnecessary Roughness...seriously? Com'on man!!! Witten didnt even go down

grahampaw
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Fire Bum Jr !!!!!!

Looking4number8
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Fire Bum Jr !!!!!!

I dont know if that is the answer but one thing for sure, somethings gotta change. We have the talent and make the great plays, then give up a bonehead play (or 50) to lose the game.

Emerson1
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Somehow even with a career high in passing this will still be Romo's fault.

Eagle 1
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
We got the talent, we need a coach.

95mustang
10-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Lack of discipline and knowledge of the rules. This one falls on the coaches shoulders.

coach
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
defense played awful....and special teams was worse. romo had a helluva game and made one mistake on a miracle comeback. now lets wait until farmersfan talks trash about romo and how its his fault. witten is the most everrated TE in the league and im ready to fire marion barber. what a frfustrating loss.

navscanmaster
10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
17 points in the second half directly off Dallas turnovers and penalties.
Bennett has to make that catch, but he doesn't and tips it to Griffin. Then the long pass followed by a FG.

Now a tipped ball, and Bennett again slacking. Could have interfered at the very least and not allowed the return to go to the one. Result, TD.

And finally they tie it up. But rules are rules, and if you are going to play in the game, and feel the need to showboat, you should know the rules. Result, Columbo's blockhead move results in a big kickoff penalty, and the return which may not have been given Buehler's frequent touchbacks, sets them up nicely for another short TD.

I do put the last two interceptions square on Romo's back. There was a big lineman right in front of him, and a crashing d-back on the first one. The second one was his once a game bonehead throw.

Tonight, the Cowboys are the Brownwood Lions. They beat themselves.

bobcat1
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
We got the talent, we need a coach. Why? He only had two weeks to get his team properly prepared. I think what happened was it gave him and Garrett too much time to think and that can only lead to disaster. That defense today looked like crap. Outcoached again Son of Bum! There was no intensity on defense today. Where was Demarcus Ware. At least when Sean Lee got in the game I saw somebody that wanted to play. The Titans just wanted the win more. Dallas took too many plays off and were in the wrong coverages and that falls on Wade and Dave I'm a Loser Campo. I personally think Orlando "Beat me like a government mule" Scandrick cost us the game along with a lack of concentration on Bennett's part. Ultimately falls back to coaching! Fire them all!

coach
10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
17 points in the second half directly off Dallas turnovers and penalties.
Bennett has to make that catch, but he doesn't and tips it to Griffin. Then the long pass followed by a FG.

Now a tipped ball, and Bennett again slacking. Could have interfered at the very least and not allowed the return to go to the one. Result, TD.

And finally they tie it up. But rules are rules, and if you are going to play in the game, and feel the need to showboat, you should know the rules. Result, Columbo's blockhead move results in a big kickoff penalty, and the return which may not have been given Buehler's frequent touchbacks, sets them up nicely for another short TD.

I do put the last two interceptions square on Romo's back. There was a big lineman right in front of him, and a crashing d-back on the first one. The second one was his once a game bonehead throw.

Tonight, the Cowboys are the Brownwood Lions. They beat themselves.

that was a designed play doug free was suppose to cut the lineman but failed.the last int was boneheaded but in reality we werent going to win anyway

skins4life
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by coach
defense played awful....and special teams was worse. romo had a helluva game and made one mistake on a miracle comeback. now lets wait until farmersfan talks trash about romo and how its his fault. witten is the most everrated TE in the league and im ready to fire marion barber. what a frfustrating loss.

Hell of a day is right. Didn't he have 410 yards passing? Plus a 100 rusher and a 100 yard receiver!!

coach
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Hell of a day is right. Didn't he have 410 yards passing? Plus a 100 rusher and a 100 yard receiver!!

yes...and his throws were spot on

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by coach
yes...and his throws were spot on

Perfect example of a blind homer's response Coach! Romo's throws were FAR from spot on. Although this certainly wasn't all Romo's fault he is far from being excused. He had 3 ints in the game and rightfully should have had 3 more that were dropped or rescued by receivers. Austin's long TD catch was a very, very bad throw that Austin made a termendous play on. Romo hit a Titan right in the chest early in the game that Bennett defended well from behind and knocked the ball out and then late in the game Romo hit another Titan right square in the chest but it was also dropped. The int in the endzone late in the game was a terrible pass that Bennett could only tip. (into triple coverage). Many, many bad decisions were made in this game by Romo but the entire team sucked today. The defense didn't bail them out like they have so many times in the past. And what is up with Mike Jenkins??????? He had 3 pass interferrence penalties because he is holding the receivers jersey and I say at least a half dozen more that he could have been called on. Then he gets beat deep a couple of times. Attitude? He certainly seems to be pretty high on himself considering his play on the field.
I put this loss on Wade's shoulders! Wade has to go! They finally get a win and play a decent game in Houston and have 2 weeks strutting around like the Cat's Meow and then get their arses handed to them by a very average team in the Titans.
Terrible effort by our Cowboys! Terrible!

PPSTATEBOUND
10-11-2010, 08:20 AM
:D

Gotta love being a Titan fan living in DFW area....:p

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Perfect example of a blind homer's response Coach! Romo's throws were FAR from spot on. Although this certainly wasn't all Romo's fault he is far from being excused. He had 3 ints in the game and rightfully should have had 3 more that were dropped or rescued by receivers. Austin's long TD catch was a very, very bad throw that Austin made a termendous play on. Romo hit a Titan right in the chest early in the game that Bennett defended well from behind and knocked the ball out and then late in the game Romo hit another Titan right square in the chest but it was also dropped. The int in the endzone late in the game was a terrible pass that Bennett could only tip. (into triple coverage). Many, many bad decisions were made in this game by Romo but the entire team sucked today. The defense didn't bail them out like they have so many times in the past. And what is up with Mike Jenkins??????? He had 3 pass interferrence penalties because he is holding the receivers jersey and I say at least a half dozen more that he could have been called on. Then he gets beat deep a couple of times. Attitude? He certainly seems to be pretty high on himself considering his play on the field.
I put this loss on Wade's shoulders! Wade has to go! They finally get a win and play a decent game in Houston and have 2 weeks strutting around like the Cat's Meow and then get their arses handed to them by a very average team in the Titans.
Terrible effort by our Cowboys! Terrible!

Name a QB that does not throw 1-3 passes a game that could have been ints...Vince threw at least 3( Jenkins dropping one, Brooking dropping two)

The Austin TD pass...That is a pass QBs make all the time..Aikman spent a career throwing those passes to Irvin..Montanna/Young to Rice and so on..You trust your WRs to make those catches.

I am sorry but Farmer I dont see how the hell you can say the Bennett pass was a bad pass..it hit Bennett right in the hands..and it was not triple coverage..the LB was 5 yards-10 yards in front of the play..that is a normal play a QB throws..the Window in the NFL is not also wide open and Romo did what he had to..dropped it behind the LB and in front of the coverage to his target..text book throw and Bennett who for some reason ALWAYS seems to be falling down had the ball hit him right between the hands. That should be a TD 9 out of ten times.

Romo throws the ball 46 times(still to many)...connects with 7 diff recivers..he did what he was supposed to yesterday to win.

Phil simms say it best as the game was ending...Romo played well, but the fans will zero in on the Ints even though 2 out of the 3 were out of Romo's control and the last one was him taking it for the team trying to make something out of nothing because of the time

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Name a QB that does not throw 1-3 passes a game that could have been ints...Vince threw at least 3( Jenkins dropping one, Brooking dropping two)

The Austin TD pass...That is a pass QBs make all the time..Aikman spent a career throwing those passes to Irvin..Montanna/Young to Rice and so on..You trust your WRs to make those catches.

I am sorry but Farmer I dont see how the hell you can say the Bennett pass was a bad pass..it hit Bennett right in the hands..and it was not triple coverage..the LB was 5 yards-10 yards in front of the play..that is a normal play a QB throws..the Window in the NFL is not also wide open and Romo did what he had to..dropped it behind the LB and in front of the coverage to his target..text book throw and Bennett who for some reason ALWAYS seems to be falling down had the ball hit him right between the hands. That should be a TD 9 out of ten times.

Romo throws the ball 46 times(still to many)...connects with 7 diff recivers..he did what he was supposed to yesterday to win.

Phil simms say it best as the game was ending...Romo played well, but the fans will zero in on the Ints even though 2 out of the 3 were out of Romo's control and the last one was him taking it for the team trying to make something out of nothing because of the time

As usual, just a bunch of excuses! The Bennett pass was high and behind Bennett! Sure it should have been caught and is as least as much Bennetts fault as it is Romo's! but it's still a bad decision by Romo. The Austin pass was a bad decision by anyones standards (except yours maybe). If Austin doesn't get lucky that pass is either intercepted or knocked down by 2 Titans. If either one of those defenders play Austin instead of the ball they decapitate him and we are still talking about the hit!!! And I know you are grabbing at straws if you are listening to Phil Simms! Romo's QB rating continues to drop even though the talent around him gets better and better every year.
But I did say Romo wasn't the reason they lost this game. The whole team sucked yesterday. I really can't understand how the defense comes out so unenthused and with no intensity. Something is really missing with this team!
And this is quite likely the most disappointing weekend in Dallas sports in some time. Not only do our Cowboys play horrible but our Rangers give up a huge advantage by letting the Rays win 2 in Texas. I think Cliff Lee might be the best pitcher in baseball at this moment but to expect to win a 3rd game in Tampa Bay is a little bit of a reach.
And to top all this off, I didn't do too well on Lake Fork on Saturday either!!! Dang it! :(

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 08:52 AM
As usual, just a bunch of excuses! The Bennett pass was high and behind Bennett! Sure it should have been caught and is as least as much Bennetts fault as it is Romo's! but it's still a bad decision by Romo. The Austin pass was a bad decision by anyones standards (except yours maybe). If Austin doesn't get lucky that pass is either intercepted or knocked down by 2 Titans. If either one of those defenders play Austin instead of the ball they decapitate him and we are still talking about the hit!!! And I know you are grabbing at straws if you are listening to Phil Simms! Romo's QB rating continues to drop even though the talent around him gets better and better every year.
But I did say Romo wasn't the reason they lost this game. The whole team sucked yesterday. I really can't understand how the defense comes out so unenthused and with no intensity. Something is really missing with this team!
And this is quite likely the most disappointing weekend in Dallas sports in some time. Not only do our Cowboys play horrible but our Rangers give up a huge advantage by letting the Rays win 2 in Texas. I think Cliff Lee might be the best pitcher in baseball at this moment but to expect to win a 3rd game in Tampa Bay is a little bit of a reach.
And to top all this off, I didn't do too well on Lake Fork on Saturday either!!! Dang it! :(

I agree about the weekend..started with so much buzz and it fizzled.

I dont think in anyway the Austin catch was "luck" He had positon on the throw and made the catch..again QB throwing to his #1 target you expect him to make the catch and he DID. I agree it was fortunate the Titans fell down after the catch, but hell that happens, you take it.

We will just have to disagree on the Bennett throw..Romo put it where only Bennett could get it and he dropped it

Romo's Rating is 92.7.. he even with the 3 ints yesterday had 89.6 Rating...and none of his TDs were throw away game out of hand TDs..again he made huge throws at huge times...

We have not even talked about the Ole OL that was a turnstile to the point Davis was replaced for performance.

the defense is what it is...If they can create TO's and sacks they are very good..when they cant they are exposed...Even with 3 sacks They never got true pressure on Young...The Dallas rush is feast or famine, they never seem to truly harrass the QBs even when getting 2-4 sacks in a game.

Just look at the Titans..two tipped passes end up as Ints...Cowboys had a few tipped passes that they dropped..including one the LB tips and Britt catches for a 1st down.

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I agree about the weekend..started with so much buzz and it fizzled.

I dont think in anyway the Austin catch was "luck" He had positon on the throw and made the catch..again QB throwing to his #1 target you expect him to make the catch and he DID. I agree it was fortunate the Titans fell down after the catch, but hell that happens, you take it.

We will just have to disagree on the Bennett throw..Romo put it where only Bennett could get it and he dropped it

Romo's Rating is 92.7.. he even with the 3 ints yesterday had 89.6 Rating...and none of his TDs were throw away game out of hand TDs..again he made huge throws at huge times...

We have not even talked about the Ole OL that was a turnstile to the point Davis was replaced for performance.

the defense is what it is...If they can create TO's and sacks they are very good..when they cant they are exposed...Even with 3 sacks They never got true pressure on Young...The Dallas rush is feast or famine, they never seem to truly harrass the QBs even when getting 2-4 sacks in a game.

Just look at the Titans..two tipped passes end up as Ints...Cowboys had a few tipped passes that they dropped..including one the LB tips and Britt catches for a 1st down.

Being in the right place at the right time and having lady luck on your side is a big factor in turnovers and it seems the Dallas defense has neither. The dropped passes (ints) from this defense is getting to be a trend and in my mind speaks about the preparedness of the team. That falls on the coaches shoulders in my mind.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Being in the right place at the right time and having lady luck on your side is a big factor in turnovers and it seems the Dallas defense has neither. The dropped passes (ints) from this defense is getting to be a trend and in my mind speaks about the preparedness of the team. That falls on the coaches shoulders in my mind.

oh i agree about lady luck on turnovers in some instances..the griffin int in the endzone the ball bounces right to him as he is falling down...but again like you said the dropped ints are a problem..I am not sure how it is coaching though..ball hits you in the hands you got to catch it..I am sure the coaches tell them that, it is a focus thing..yes you can say that is on coaching, BUT..at some point the players have to make the plays and the D is not on a consistent basis making the plays to lead to turnovers.

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 09:20 AM
oh i agree about lady luck on turnovers in some instances..the griffin int in the endzone the ball bounces right to him as he is falling down...but again like you said the dropped ints are a problem..I am not sure how it is coaching though..ball hits you in the hands you got to catch it..I am sure the coaches tell them that, it is a focus thing..yes you can say that is on coaching, BUT..at some point the players have to make the plays and the D is not on a consistent basis making the plays to lead to turnovers.

In the NFL these are adults that should get themselves up for games. But ultimately it is on the coaches to determine IF the players have their heads in the game and respond accordingly. Dropped interceptions are directly related to concentration and attitude. In my opinion these players have bought into the Wade Philips, everything is rosy, mentality. I know I respond to Romo so much because, for one thing, he is the one that gets the most publicity. He is the one interviewed the most so it seems he is the worst of all of them with the non-caring, everything will work out if we work harder, it's only football, attitude! If I have to hear him tell us one more time that they will go look at film and get better I think I might just scream! For 4 years we have listened to him shrug off bad play by the team with comments about getting better. It's not about getting better-It's about DOING better! That comes from attitude and expectations! No amount of practice or film watching will make a NFL team better if their heads aren't in the game or if they don't have the right attitude. I don't know what else he could say but I certainly am tired of hearing the same crap!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 09:29 AM
In the NFL these are adults that should get themselves up for games. But ultimately it is on the coaches to determine IF the players have their heads in the game and respond accordingly. Dropped interceptions are directly related to concentration and attitude. In my opinion these players have bought into the Wade Philips, everything is rosy, mentality. I know I respond to Romo so much because, for one thing, he is the one that gets the most publicity. He is the one interviewed the most so it seems he is the worst of all of them with the non-caring, everything will work out if we work harder, it's only football, attitude! If I have to hear him tell us one more time that they will go look at film and get better I think I might just scream! For 4 years we have listened to him shrug off bad play by the team with comments about getting better. It's not about getting better-It's about DOING better! That comes from attitude and expectations! No amount of practice or film watching will make a NFL team better if their heads aren't in the game or if they don't have the right attitude. I don't know what else he could say but I certainly am tired of hearing the same crap!!!!

I agree to an extent..But I still think Romo gets skewered about comments made after the Philly game in 08 and people just assumes he still says those things..he does not and has not( and really did not accept the Philly game)

This is what he said after yesterday
"I mean 1-3 just doesn't sit very well with me," Romo said. "It doesn't feel very good. It's difficult. We need to find a way to play our best football.

What elese can he say?

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree to an extent..But I still think Romo gets skewered about comments made after the Philly game in 08 and people just assumes he still says those things..he does not and has not( and really did not accept the Philly game)

This is what he said after yesterday
"I mean 1-3 just doesn't sit very well with me," Romo said. "It doesn't feel very good. It's difficult. We need to find a way to play our best football.

What elese can he say?

At this point I don't think there is anything else he can say. But I also think you disregard a ton of stuff ( and attitude) from Romo that has turned a lot of the masses against him. I have said it before and I repeat it here: Romo has earned every single derogatory thing that is said about him. See, the thing is, Romo is talked about by COWBOYS FANS!!!! It's not Cowboy haters talking smack about Romo, it's Cowboys fans! So over the course of 4 years his play on the field and his actions/words off the field has turned a awful lot of people against him. Even the pros on SportCenter or other sports shows acknowledge Romo's failings so far in his career. Most recognize that he has also done some good things but there is always the scarlet letter round his neck!
The team around him keeps getting more talented and more talented but Romo continues to have the same questions asked. It isn't just you and I that talk about these things. The whole world constantly talks about it............
It might take a major shakeup to turn the corner. Everyone blames Jerry for the troubles but I think it is far better to have a owner that wants to win than to have a owner who really doesn't care. JJ irritates the hell out of me but he did have a huge hand in turning a failing franchise into a 3 time SB winner in 4 years. Perhaps he got too arrogant from that right along with the fans and players!

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
At this point I don't think there is anything else he can say. But I also think you disregard a ton of stuff ( and attitude) from Romo that has turned a lot of the masses against him. I have said it before and I repeat it here: Romo has earned every single derogatory thing that is said about him. See, the thing is, Romo is talked about by COWBOYS FANS!!!! It's not Cowboy haters talking smack about Romo, it's Cowboys fans! So over the course of 4 years his play on the field and his actions/words off the field has turned a awful lot of people against him. Even the pros on SportCenter or other sports shows acknowledge Romo's failings so far in his career. Most recognize that he has also done some good things but there is always the scarlet letter round his neck!
The team around him keeps getting more talented and more talented but Romo continues to have the same questions asked. It isn't just you and I that talk about these things. The whole world constantly talks about it............
It might take a major shakeup to turn the corner. Everyone blames Jerry for the troubles but I think it is far better to have a owner that wants to win than to have a owner who really doesn't care. JJ irritates the hell out of me but he did have a huge hand in turning a failing franchise into a 3 time SB winner in 4 years. Perhaps he got too arrogant from that right along with the fans and players!

To use the it is Cowboy fans who complain is not a good argument imo....that same fan base were trashing Aikman and was saying he would not be a franchise QB.

your right I do disregard alot of things said by the players and the media reactions to it..I think 90% of it is BS. ..If Romo was screaming on the sideline and jumping around and Dallas was 1-3..people would then talk about how he causes problems on the sideline and is not a leader because he rips into others.

This is a 20/20 hindsight world and even more so than in ever before because of the electronic media. Some people claimed Romo was not a leader because he wore his hat backward.

Also I think the QB is a leader abnle is overblown and alot of times overrated.

During those Cowboy teams of the 90's Irvin was the on field leader( Aikman has said that many times). He was just a WR...why did it work? Because the other 10 on the field held themself accountable for their work.

I DONT think we have that with this Cowboy team( some blame on coaches, some on players, some on Jones). This team thrives to much with back agianst the wall syndrome but struggles with being the front runner..why? The players are not taken it up on their self to do the little things

But I also again think the Dallas is SOOOOO talented angle is over blown as well...We have seen and are seeing the OL is to old, The Safties are NOT good( As bad as Jenkins played, the safties on the last big Titan pass play made it possible).

Dallas is a team that when you put the helmet with the star on people IMO think more of you at times than you really are. And that Goes Romo as well..people are holding him to a higher standard than other QBs//why? He is a good QB( I have never said he was a top 3 QB or anything) But people expect him to make every play and the moment he does not they want to tear him down..because he plays for the Cowboys.

You take his stats, his W-L record and his talent and I bet right now at least 25 teams would take him RIGHT NOW as their starter.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I called the Romo pick at the goal line. It was obvious this second rate Qb would blow it for them.:devil:

bobcat1
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I called the Romo pick at the goal line. It was obvious this second rate Qb would blow it for them.:devil: That's nice. I also called for Sanger to win. Do I get a gold star?:D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's nice. I also called for Sanger to win. Do I get a gold star?:D

I didn't so your's wont for sure...I mean HS football on a Dallas Tenessee thread come on man.....LOL.....:eek: sounds like a Girl-Homer wanting a little revenge after his QB was slapped around like a hockey puck wich then dismantled the 2nd rater into self destruct mode.........:kiss: LMAO.

bobcat1
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I didn't so your's wont for sure...I mean HS football on a Dallas Tenessee thread come on man.....LOL.....:eek: sounds like a Girl-Homer wanting a little revenge after his QB was slapped around like a hockey puck wich then dismantled the 2nd rater into self destruct mode.........:kiss: LMAO. http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif Just a fun little jab. Back to the subject now. FIRE WADE and friends now.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif Just a fun little jab. Back to the subject now. FIRE WADE and friends now.

Agreed...looks way to much like a Wii Lego STAR!

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
To use the it is Cowboy fans who complain is not a good argument imo....that same fan base were trashing Aikman and was saying he would not be a franchise QB.

your right I do disregard alot of things said by the players and the media reactions to it..I think 90% of it is BS. ..If Romo was screaming on the sideline and jumping around and Dallas was 1-3..people would then talk about how he causes problems on the sideline and is not a leader because he rips into others.

This is a 20/20 hindsight world and even more so than in ever before because of the electronic media. Some people claimed Romo was not a leader because he wore his hat backward.

Also I think the QB is a leader abnle is overblown and alot of times overrated.

During those Cowboy teams of the 90's Irvin was the on field leader( Aikman has said that many times). He was just a WR...why did it work? Because the other 10 on the field held themself accountable for their work.

I DONT think we have that with this Cowboy team( some blame on coaches, some on players, some on Jones). This team thrives to much with back agianst the wall syndrome but struggles with being the front runner..why? The players are not taken it up on their self to do the little things

But I also again think the Dallas is SOOOOO talented angle is over blown as well...We have seen and are seeing the OL is to old, The Safties are NOT good( As bad as Jenkins played, the safties on the last big Titan pass play made it possible).

Dallas is a team that when you put the helmet with the star on people IMO think more of you at times than you really are. And that Goes Romo as well..people are holding him to a higher standard than other QBs//why? He is a good QB( I have never said he was a top 3 QB or anything) But people expect him to make every play and the moment he does not they want to tear him down..because he plays for the Cowboys.

You take his stats, his W-L record and his talent and I bet right now at least 25 teams would take him RIGHT NOW as their starter.

I think you over-estimate what the rest of the league thinks of Romo! He certainly has better stats than 75% of the other QBs in the league but he also plays on a much, much more talented team! I know you would denounce that but it cannot be denied! Even EX-players talk about the amount of talent on the Cowboys team. But talent minus execution is nothing but potential. The Cowboys are loaded with potential!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I think you over-estimate what the rest of the league thinks of Romo! He certainly has better stats than 75% of the other QBs in the league but he also plays on a much, much more talented team! I know you would denounce that but it cannot be denied! Even EX-players talk about the amount of talent on the Cowboys team. But talent minus execution is nothing but potential. The Cowboys are loaded with potential!!!!!

So Aikman was not as good because of the talent around him? Montanna? Steve Young? Peyton Manning? Jim Kelly? etc etc etc

I dont get your well Romo plays well and has good stats because of the talent around him

And Yes actually it can be denied..look at the penalties, the mistakes, the in game things that kill the team..THAT is part of talent..it is not just about running faster, tackling better blocking better when it comes to being a good football player..this team has had a penalty problem FOR YEARS now( It was just as bad when Parcells was coach) and it has continued...Does anyone really think the coaches in meetings dont address the penalty/mistake issue? They do, problem is the PLAYERS who might have physical talent either lack the mental ability, or want to fix them.

You like to talk about people talking about Romo..Well there are alot of people commenting about maybe the talent for Dallas has been overrated..and I can break it down by position and talk about each player and I think you would see this talent laden team while yes talented, it either not as talented as people think, or not put together well

Macarthur
10-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Who in your mind is better than Romo?

Farmersfan
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
So Aikman was not as good because of the talent around him? Montanna? Steve Young? Peyton Manning? Jim Kelly? etc etc etc

I dont get your well Romo plays well and has good stats because of the talent around him

And Yes actually it can be denied..look at the penalties, the mistakes, the in game things that kill the team..THAT is part of talent..it is not just about running faster, tackling better blocking better when it comes to being a good football player..this team has had a penalty problem FOR YEARS now( It was just as bad when Parcells was coach) and it has continued...Does anyone really think the coaches in meetings dont address the penalty/mistake issue? They do, problem is the PLAYERS who might have physical talent either lack the mental ability, or want to fix them.

You like to talk about people talking about Romo..Well there are alot of people commenting about maybe the talent for Dallas has been overrated..and I can break it down by position and talk about each player and I think you would see this talent laden team while yes talented, it either not as talented as people think, or not put together well

I'm not sure what question you are asking TX! Of course Aikman was not as good when the talent was not there!!!! The Cowboys were dreadful his first year and they went 1-15 that season. The point I was making is that when THIS team was bad Romo couldn't break into the 3rd QB spot. He was actually right on the verge of being CUT until Quincy Carter got into drug problems. Aikman was the best option on a very bad team. Romo was not even the 3rd option on a very bad team. It wasn't until they loaded up the talent that Romo was able to perform. And if not for Parcells Romo is working at a carwash with 4 kids and wife that is about to divorce him because he can't keep his hands off the receptionist!!!! He caught lightening in a bottle when he impressed Bill Parcells and Bill's ego would not let him admit he was wrong about Romo and cut him. After 4 years of hanging on because of no other reason than Bill's big ego Romo got his chance and he performed with his LEGS. Not his arm! It was his escape ability and his ability for making things happen when nothing is happening. At some point in the last 3 years he began to think the was Dan Marino and stopped using those legs. And here we are!!!! Romo is ok! Many Cowboys fans think he is great but they are always getting just ok.................."Just Ok" isn't going to win a superbowl though.

DaHop72
10-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure what question you are asking TX! Of course Aikman was not as good when the talent was not there!!!! The Cowboys were dreadful his first year and they went 1-15 that season. The point I was making is that when THIS team was bad Romo couldn't break into the 3rd QB spot. He was actually right on the verge of being CUT until Quincy Carter got into drug problems. Aikman was the best option on a very bad team. Romo was not even the 3rd option on a very bad team. It wasn't until they loaded up the talent that Romo was able to perform. And if not for Parcells Romo is working at a carwash with 4 kids and wife that is about to divorce him because he can't keep his hands off the receptionist!!!! He caught lightening in a bottle when he impressed Bill Parcells and Bill's ego would not let him admit he was wrong about Romo and cut him. After 4 years of hanging on because of no other reason than Bill's big ego Romo got his chance and he performed with his LEGS. Not his arm! It was his escape ability and his ability for making things happen when nothing is happening. At some point in the last 3 years he began to think the was Dan Marino and stopped using those legs. And here we are!!!! Romo is ok! Many Cowboys fans think he is great but they are always getting just ok.................."Just Ok" isn't going to win a superbowl though. Listening to the experts on ESPN radio and the B team this morning, their thoughts were: Who are you going to replace him with that would improve the team? Gave a list of available QB's and none of the list they would want and said their are no college QB's coming that are better. :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure what question you are asking TX! Of course Aikman was not as good when the talent was not there!!!! The Cowboys were dreadful his first year and they went 1-15 that season. The point I was making is that when THIS team was bad Romo couldn't break into the 3rd QB spot. He was actually right on the verge of being CUT until Quincy Carter got into drug problems. Aikman was the best option on a very bad team. Romo was not even the 3rd option on a very bad team. It wasn't until they loaded up the talent that Romo was able to perform. And if not for Parcells Romo is working at a carwash with 4 kids and wife that is about to divorce him because he can't keep his hands off the receptionist!!!! He caught lightening in a bottle when he impressed Bill Parcells and Bill's ego would not let him admit he was wrong about Romo and cut him. After 4 years of hanging on because of no other reason than Bill's big ego Romo got his chance and he performed with his LEGS. Not his arm! It was his escape ability and his ability for making things happen when nothing is happening. At some point in the last 3 years he began to think the was Dan Marino and stopped using those legs. And here we are!!!! Romo is ok! Many Cowboys fans think he is great but they are always getting just ok.................."Just Ok" isn't going to win a superbowl though.

Parcells was not the big Romo fan..Sean Payton was the one who wanted him brought in and developed.

As far as not able to break in as a 3rd team Your right..he was undrafted from a small school he needed to develop

Again when he stepped in to the 2006 Dallas team NO ONE was calling them full of talent, they were a good/average team not great..just look at their record the two years before.

In fact as mentioned many times ..

this CORE team...2004 6-10, 2005 9-7..2006 3-3 before Romo is named Starter

Since then..6-4, 13-3, 9-7( Romo 8-5) 2009 11-5..2010 1-3

So 13-22 with another QB...40-22 with Romo since 2004 with this Core team.

so..40-22 with a top 10 QB rating is "ok" by you..so list the QBs right now you think Dallas would trade for and replace Romo straight up in a fantasy world of what if..I can name 3 for sure..with 2-3 MAYBES

Macarthur
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Parcells was not the big Romo fan..Sean Payton was the one who wanted him brought in and developed.

As far as not able to break in as a 3rd team Your right..he was undrafted from a small school he needed to develop

Again when he stepped in to the 2006 Dallas team NO ONE was calling them full of talent, they were a good/average team not great..just look at their record the two years before.

In fact as mentioned many times ..

this CORE team...2004 6-10, 2005 9-7..2006 3-3 before Romo is named Starter

Since then..6-4, 13-3, 9-7( Romo 8-5) 2009 11-5..2010 1-3

So 13-22 with another QB...40-22 with Romo since 2004 with this Core team.

so..40-22 with a top 10 QB rating is "ok" by you..so list the QBs right now you think Dallas would trade for and replace Romo straight up in a fantasy world of what if..I can name 3 for sure..with 2-3 MAYBES

excellent points.

this was virtually the same team with a more seasoned Romo in 07. all of the sudden they went from a decent playoff team to the most talented team in the league...hmmm

GrTigers6
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Terrible effort by our Cowboys! Terrible! Do you have any idea of the role of a QB? The throws that you speak of are thrown to a place where only the reciever can catch them. And the one you say hit a titan in the chest was a jump ball tha finnegren outjumped bennett for and bennett finally knocked it out of his hands. Thats when it hit him in the chest. You are so anti romo that you want him to do bad to prove your point.
Romo is the best QB we have had since Aikman and the only one that can take this team to the playoffs and beyond so get over your romo fit and lets move on.

GrTigers6
10-11-2010, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Farmersfan
[B]Perfect example of a blind homer's response Coach! Romo's throws were FAR from spot on. Although this certainly wasn't all Romo's fault he is far from being excused. He had 3 ints in the game and rightfully should have had 3 more that were dropped or rescued by receivers. Austin's long TD catch was a very, very bad throw that Austin made a termendous play on. Romo hit a Titan right in the chest early in the game that Bennett defended well from behind and knocked the ball out and then late in the game Romo hit another Titan right square in the chest but it was also dropped. The int in the endzone late in the game was a terrible pass that Bennett could only tip. (into triple coverage). Many, many bad decisions were made in this game by Romo but the entire team sucked today.

Do you have any idea of the role of a QB? The throws that you speak of are thrown to a place where only the reciever can catch them. And the one you say hit a titan in the chest was a jump ball that finnegren outjumped bennett for and bennett finally knocked it out of his hands. Thats when it hit him in the chest. You are so anti romo that you want him to do bad to prove your point.
Romo is the best QB we have had since Aikman and the only one that can take this team to the playoffs and beyond so get over your romo fit and lets move on.

GrTigers6
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I love computers that tell you your post cant go thru so you submit it again and it posts two.:D

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
excellent points.

this was virtually the same team with a more seasoned Romo in 07. all of the sudden they went from a decent playoff team to the most talented team in the league...hmmm

It is not even close to the same team. This team has had talent added every single season. In Romo's time as the starter for the Cowboys they have been the #1 producer of Pro Bowl players in the NFC. (I didn't check but maybe the entire NFL). They have been #1 or #2 every single season of Romo's starting career! Think about that a minute! In the 08' Pro Bowl the Dallas Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers. The last 5 seasons the Cowboys have put 39 players in the Pro Bowl! The talent is obvious! For some reason this talent has not translated into performance.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to WHY that is. I happen to think they have a real weakness at the QB spot. He piles up stats on a top team in the NFC every season and then let's everyone down in the end! Some of you make excuses! I choose to call it like I see it!

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 08:35 AM
It is not even close to the same team. This team has had talent added every single season. In Romo's time as the starter for the Cowboys they have been the #1 producer of Pro Bowl players in the NFC. (I didn't check but maybe the entire NFL). They have been #1 or #2 every single season of Romo's starting career! Think about that a minute! In the 08' Pro Bowl the Dallas Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers. The last 5 seasons the Cowboys have put 39 players in the Pro Bowl! The talent is obvious! For some reason this talent has not translated into performance.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to WHY that is. I happen to think they have a real weakness at the QB spot. He piles up stats on a top team in the NFC every season and then let's everyone down in the end! Some of you make excuses! I choose to call it like I see it!

Pro bowl is the WORST and I mean ABSOLUTE WORST barometer to decide talent

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6

So you seriously don't think Quincy or Bledsoe (in his prime) would have faired as well as Romo with this amount of talent????? Seriously?
Quincy Carter made a hell of lot more positive plays when things broke down than Romo does and Quincy played on a much, much less talented team. He started just 31 games for Dallas and had a 16-15 record on a team that produced just 10 Pro Bowlers in those 3 seasons. (almost all on defense).
I'm not a Quincy Carter fan at all but the point is that Dallas has had some QBs since Aikman that would fair pretty well with this collection of players. Better than Romo? don't know for sure. And neither do any of you!

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Pro bowl is the WORST and I mean ABSOLUTE WORST barometer to decide talent

Of course it is!!!! Because it disproves your point!!!!!!

Macarthur
10-12-2010, 09:09 AM

You are so bias you are not looking at the thing clearly.

I am posting the link to the 2006 and 2007 roster.

There are two starters that are different. Leonard Davis and Hamlin.

So they go from 9-7 to 13-3 and you think those 2 players made the difference in a 5 game swing?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2007_roster.htmhttp://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2007_roster.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2006_roster.htm

You are so anti-Romo you refuse to look at the situation objectively. I don't believe Romo is perfect, but I will tell you that if Romo was the worst problem this team had, we would already have another Lombardi trouphy.

I told myself I would stop responding to your posts. :mad:

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Of course it is!!!! Because it disproves your point!!!!!!

No acxtually because the Pro Bowl is a farce..if you honestly dont agree just research how many players are named to Pro Bowl because people ahead of them dont play

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
So you seriously don't think Quincy or Bledsoe (in his prime) would have faired as well as Romo with this amount of talent????? Seriously?
Quincy Carter made a hell of lot more positive plays when things broke down than Romo does and Quincy played on a much, much less talented team. He started just 31 games for Dallas and had a 16-15 record on a team that produced just 10 Pro Bowlers in those 3 seasons. (almost all on defense).
I'm not a Quincy Carter fan at all but the point is that Dallas has had some QBs since Aikman that would fair pretty well with this collection of players. Better than Romo? don't know for sure. And neither do any of you!

Wow..I like u FF, love the debates, but to even bring Quincy Carter into this debate IMO shows that for whatever reason that your hatred for Romo is so HUGE that you would even bring Carter into this discussion

Macarthur
10-12-2010, 09:21 AM

You sir are insane. :eek:

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Wow..I like u FF, love the debates, but to even bring Quincy Carter into this debate IMO shows that for whatever reason that your hatred for Romo is so HUGE that you would even bring Carter into this discussion

I can't open your mind to the concept of objectively looking at players TX! It takes a little imagination and creative thinking to examine what a player like Quincy Carter would do on this years team and what Romo would do on the 2002 Cowboys team. If you can't do that don't hate on me for it! FYI: Quincy Carter went to the Jets after leaving Dallas and played in 7 games with a 98 QB rating. he went 2-1 in his only 3 starts. Quincy had talent but was limited by personal demons. He never had a chance at success in Dallas and Romo has been spoonfed success!

The constant accusations that my hatred of Romo causes me to say these things gets really, really old! I know that is how so many of you get through the day. Make all the naysayers look like they are just spewing nonsense because of hatred for Romo! But everyone needs to understand that there was no bigger supporter of Romo in the beginning than me. (I)? Everything I feell or say about Romo has been earned on and off the field. The MILLIONS of naysayers about Romo came to these realizations because of WHAT THEY SAW from Romo. Newsflash people: The hatred fairy didn't just suddenly appear and sprinkly hate dust on everyone that hates Romo!!! Get a clue!

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I can't open your mind to the concept of objectively looking at players TX! It takes a little imagination and creative thinking to examine what a player like Quincy Carter would do on this years team and what Romo would do on the 2002 Cowboys team. If you can't do that don't hate on me for it! FYI: Quincy Carter went to the Jets after leaving Dallas and played in 7 games with a 98 QB rating. he went 2-1 in his only 3 starts. Quincy had talent but was limited by personal demons. He never had a chance at success in Dallas and Romo has been spoonfed success!

The constant accusations that my hatred of Romo causes me to say these things gets really, really old! I know that is how so many of you get through the day. Make all the naysayers look like they are just spewing nonsense because of hatred for Romo! But everyone needs to understand that there was no bigger supporter of Romo in the beginning than me. (I)? Everything I feell or say about Romo has been earned on and off the field. The MILLIONS of naysayers about Romo came to these realizations because of WHAT THEY SAW from Romo. Newsflash people: The hatred fairy didn't just suddenly appear and sprinkly hate dust on everyone that hates Romo!!! Get a clue!

ur right Carter had a 98 rating in three games he played..agianst teams that were a combined 19-29
and Carter and his jets did not score more than 17 points..and in two of the games did not score more than 13.

you say romo has earned everything u say..maybe so..I just dont know how you continue to disregard a 40-22 record as a starter and a top 10 QB rating every year he has been a full starter.

I have said when he played bad, I have yet to see you say Romo played a good game..so by my count you believe that in the time we have discussed this( maybe 18 games or so?) You think Romo has not been good for those 18 straight games

You always want to bring up talent, yet you have never acknolwdged how Romo last year and this year basically had his #1 target become Miles Austin who was just a roster guy( wait..kind of like Romo..so if you claim Well Austin had all this talent just not playing time, that kind of becomes the same point for Romo)

and your right..I dont really think you hate Romo..I do think after our debates and also reading your beliefs on the Mavs that you pick pne person on the team that success and failure falls on no matter what.

And I do honestly think u find things to pick on with certain players..not a bad thing, just my belief in our debates

BTW..I am VERY objective in looking at players..I dont wear homer colored glasses..but as much as you like to say I do that with Romo, I think you do that with the defense so it is all fair in debates

GrTigers6
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

The constant accusations that my hatred of Romo causes me to say these things gets really, really old! I know that is how so many of you get through the day. Make all the naysayers look like they are just spewing nonsense because of hatred for Romo! But everyone needs to understand that there was no bigger supporter of Romo in the beginning than me. (I)? Everything I feell or say about Romo has been earned on and off the field. The MILLIONS of naysayers about Romo came to these realizations because of WHAT THEY SAW from Romo. Newsflash people: The hatred fairy didn't just suddenly appear and sprinkly hate dust on everyone that hates Romo!!! Get a clue! What a player like quincy would do is tie the hands of the offense because he isnt smart enough to run that number of plays they would have to simplify it for him.

LE Dad
10-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm gonna stay outta this one but....

Quincy Carter!! :doh:

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I'm gonna stay outta this one but....

Quincy Carter!! :doh:

Certainly an extreme example Le Dad but who better to get the point accross. How do any of us know how Quincy would play with a team as talented as this one? I happen to think he would be a heck of a lot better than he was and when considering the overall talent on the Cowboys when he played he didn't do too bad. He was 1 game over .500.
Just sayin'.......................:D

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Certainly an extreme example Le Dad but who better to get the point accross. How do any of us know how Quincy would play with a team as talented as this one? I happen to think he would be a heck of a lot better than he was and when considering the overall talent on the Cowboys when he played he didn't do too bad. He was 1 game over .500.
Just sayin'.......................:D

Look back at that 03 season where he was 10-6..Dallas had 10 wins...2 over teams with winning record..That Dallas team was 2-5 agianst teams with .500 or better records...Also got shut out twice and held to less to 13 or less points 6 times

It was a fun year, but a fluke year that season and Dallas won more times than not in spite of Carter( who I actually was rooting for to make it past being a Cowboy).

Farmersfan
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Look back at that 03 season where he was 10-6..Dallas had 10 wins...2 over teams with winning record..That Dallas team was 2-5 agianst teams with .500 or better records...Also got shut out twice and held to less to 13 or less points 6 times

It was a fun year, but a fluke year that season and Dallas won more times than not in spite of Carter( who I actually was rooting for to make it past being a Cowboy).

2008: Dallas had 9 wins but only 4 were against teams with winning records! Two of the 4 were against the Giants who eventually killed Dallas in the playoffs! See even the Romo led Cowboys with a lot more talent built up win totals against the bad teams!!!!!!

check out all of Romo's years as a starter!

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
2008: Dallas had 9 wins but only 4 were against teams with winning records! Two of the 4 were against the Giants who eventually killed Dallas in the playoffs! See even the Romo led Cowboys with a lot more talent built up win totals against the bad teams!!!!!!

check out all of Romo's years as a starter!

2008? You mean 2007? 4-3 is better than 2-5 lol..So not sure where ur going with that

And are u really going to say KILLED? Say that last year when Minny thumped Dallas..I dont think I have heard anyone say the Giants killed Dallas in 07 play offs..it was a close game decided by stupid penalty...WAIT..a theme LOL

Macarthur
10-12-2010, 05:02 PM
so 17-14 is killing someone?

eagleqb_14
10-12-2010, 07:49 PM
will we still make playoffs?

coach
10-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
will we still make playoffs?

yea they will win their division