PDA

View Full Version : Will Rocket make an appearance at Tiger Stadium

Snydertigersrul
10-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Will Rocket make this year's game, or just save his gas money.

garciap77
10-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

:D

Looking4number8
10-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Where have you been all year STD?

Rocket
10-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I will be there. With my bell on. If I were you, STR, I wouldn't waste my gas money. Even if it's a couple of miles from your house. I take that back, how often do you get to see the #1 team in 3A and possibly 4A play?

skins4life
10-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I will be there. With my bell on. If I were you, STR, I wouldn't waste my gas money. Even if it's a couple of miles from your house. I take that back, how often do you get to see the #1 team in 3A and possibly 4A play?

Not very often that's for sure!! :eek: :eek: :eek: The better it is to see them get them get the snot kicked out of them in our own back yard.:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Maroon87
10-10-2010, 01:02 AM
how often do you get to see the #1 team in 3A and possibly 4A play?

Maybe the Wood should start scheduling Aledo, Lake Travis, and Kerrville Tivy...:thinking:

OPERATOR
10-10-2010, 03:58 AM
I hope he and a select few show up at the M&G.

Bullaholic
10-10-2010, 08:58 AM
$100,000 for a pic of Rocket and Black Magic together*.....:D

(* Payable in Monopoly money, of course). :D

bwdlionfan
10-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Maybe the Wood should start scheduling Aledo, Lake Travis, and Kerrville Tivy...:thinking:

We have played Aledo twice in the last 8 or so years, we're 1-1 against them. Lost to them at their house 19-16 and beat them at our house but I can't remember the score.

We could (not saying we would but we could) beat Aledo this year.

I don't know if Lake Travis is healthy now or not, Aledo beat them when they weren't healthy. Freeman had actually tried to schedule Lake Travis but they wouldn't play a 3A. Granted they would have killed us the last two years.

And Kerrville Tivy.... I'm really not sold on them other than having a stud QB. A very unhealthy Lake Travis team beat them (I think the game was even in Kerrville). And Aledo had beaten Lake Travis the week before. We used to play Kerrville Tivy in the 90s and we beat them consistently. I understand this Kerrville team is better than any team they had in the 90s, but this Brownwood team is also better than any Brownwood team we had in the 90s as well (except maybe 98... 4 players went D1 and one went D2.... one even spent a little time in the NFL but I'm not sure if he ever played or not).

Aledo played their starters the whole game and only beat Sville by 17. Our starters came out with 8 minutes to go and beat Sville by 33.

But how's that for getting off topic... this thread is about Snyder and how much that drive to hell sucks and the drive back will suck too, but it won't be as bad coming back because of two things:

1. We will be leaving Snyder so it can only get better.

2. We will be 2-0 in district.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe the Wood should start scheduling Aledo, Lake Travis, and Kerrville Tivy...:thinking: their pre district schedule was a huge joke wasnt it?

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Where have you been all year STD?

Was that by accident? Don't matter cuz that is some shunny fit.:D

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

And Kerrville Tivy.... I'm really not sold on them other than having a stud QB.

Are you kidding? Manziel is only eclipsed by Chuck Norris...:nerd:

DDBooger
10-10-2010, 11:09 AM
When Kerrville played LT they were without their #1 receiver and running back. Manziel STILL almost pulled it out. A&M is getting a gamer with him. He may have the same success as Taylor Martinez. Very similar type player.

Rocket
10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
their pre district schedule was a huge joke wasnt it?

The joke is Wylie's offense. And the bigger joke will be their defense trying to stop Brownwood. We are the only team that blew out Sville. Hebron couldn't do it. A good team will make every team look like s joke... ;)

Rocket
10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
The joke is Wylie's offense. And the bigger joke will be their defense trying to stop Brownwood. We are the only team that blew out Sville. Hebron couldn't do it. A good team will make every team look like a joke... ;)

Oh and beating the crap out of Graham who then beat Wylie is also pretty dang hilarious. Jokes galore...

Snydertigersrul
10-10-2010, 07:56 PM
No problem Rocket. It doesn't cost me anything, even gas. Better get there early and good luck parking around all of the contruction.

bwdlionfan
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
No problem Rocket. It doesn't cost me anything, even gas. Better get there early and good luck parking around all of the contruction.

Just looked at the stadium with a satelite view on Google maps.... there doesn't look like there is hardly any parking anyway.... where is the construction you're talking about?

Snydertigersrul
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Two new concession areas, new restroom facilities for both sides of the stadium and a new fieldhouse. The road of the east side is blocked for other construction projects at the high school.

Rocket
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
You think Black Magic will show up to the M&G? Haha are we gonna have one? I have to shake DaHop's hand for putting up with me again for another year. Lol

Ranger Mom
10-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Well I am planning on being at this game....where should I attempt to park???

OPERATOR
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Brownwood fans would probably be better off parking at the Park barn and throughout the baseball and softball fields and walking over to the stadium, if they bring as many as people are saying.

OPERATOR
10-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

If you get there early you could park at the church parking lot "Colonial Hill".

bwdlionfan
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
Brownwood fans would probably be better off parking at the Park barn and throughout the baseball and softball fields and walking over to the stadium, if they bring as many as people are saying.

I'm betting we'll be close to 2,000 fans at this one. I don't think we'll travel as well to Snyder as we do other places (Cowboys stadium etc... where we had 9K fans on our side)

I saw Snyder's stadium only seats 4,000 on Texasbob... it looks a little bit bigger than that but not too much. Is that number accurate?

Rocket
10-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Brownwood could give all three of these teams all they could handle. Promise ya that...

bigYoe
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Havent seen B-wood play this year in person but they did beat us in the 7 on 7 championship this past summer and the passing game is pretty damn good. Shipley is just like his brother, fast and great hands and if he has enough time he will get open no matter how many people are covering him. Not sure about 4A but B-Wood is definitely the clear cut #1 in 3A and should have a straight shot at state unless they beat themselves. I dont see coach Shipley letting them get their heads swollen though, but i do see good post-season play for Brownwood.

Snydertigersrul
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Either down by the softball or baseball fields, but you can always park at my house, a shorter walk than the parks.

DaHop72
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Well I am planning on being at this game....where should I attempt to park??? Probably where I park since I will have your tickets. :D :D I will PM you this week and tell you where we park.

DaHop72
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
You think Black Magic will show up to the M&G? Haha are we gonna have one? I have to shake DaHop's hand for putting up with me again for another year. Lol No doubt about that. :D :D

skins4life
10-10-2010, 09:13 PM
You think Black Magic will show up to the M&G? Haha are we gonna have one? I have to shake DaHop's hand for putting up with me again for another year. Lol

Nah, he probably won't make this one. ;)

Yeah we need to have one since there will be a lot of people here..:clap: