PDA

View Full Version : Why are Schools trying to make a Rivalry Game

eagles_victory
10-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Why are Tech and Baylor and A&M Arkansas playing neutral site games in Dallas? Neutral site games are usually for huge rivalry matchups or beginning of the season classics like Chic Fila in Atlanta or the Cowboys classic.

coach
10-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Why are Tech and Baylor and A&M Arkansas playing neutral site games in Dallas? Neutral site games are usually for huge rivalry matchups or beginning of the season classics like Chic Fila in Atlanta or the Cowboys classic.

i can kinda see atm and arkansas bc jerry jones ties with arkansas plus this use to be a decent rivalry back in the swc days.

eagles_victory
10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
i can kinda see atm and arkansas bc jerry jones ties with arkansas plus this use to be a decent rivalry back in the swc days. They haven't played in forever before last year. Almost as bad as SFA SHSU playing in Houston lol

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 01:04 PM
They haven't played in forever before last year. Almost as bad as SFA SHSU playing in Houston lol

Yea thats kind of gay lol

eagles_victory
10-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Yea thats kind of gay lol really gay everytime someone ask me if Im going I laugh

coach
10-09-2010, 01:08 PM
They haven't played in forever before last year. Almost as bad as SFA SHSU playing in Houston lol

top 5 rivalry in the nation

Rabid Cougar
10-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Big Stadium owners love them.

Rabid Cougar
10-09-2010, 01:17 PM
You would never see an SEC , ACC or Big 10 play a conference rivalry game any place other than at their home stadiums. Why should Waco support Baylor if Baylor takes one of their Big 12 games with an instate opponent to Dallas?

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
You would never see an SEC , ACC or Big 10 play a conference rivalry game any place other than at their home stadiums. Why should Waco support Baylor if Baylor takes one of their Big 12 games with an instate opponent to Dallas? True all that money heading out of town

coach
10-09-2010, 01:42 PM
You would never see an SEC , ACC or Big 10 play a conference rivalry game any place other than at their home stadiums. Why should Waco support Baylor if Baylor takes one of their Big 12 games with an instate opponent to Dallas?

florida and georgia do it every year....

Eagle 1
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM

I actually dont think ANY college teams should play at nuetral sites, to INCLUDE UT AND OU.

NastySlot
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM

neutral site doesn't make it a rivarly game........ou/texas and georgia/florida are two I can think of.

why not a neutral site.........it's great weekend to travel to dallas with state fair.....alumni bases are pretty good for those schools.

don't it has anything to do with a rivarly........it's all about the cash.

NastySlot
10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I actually dont think ANY college teams should play at nuetral sites, to INCLUDE UT AND OU.

ever been to a texas ou game............that neutral site, the fair, half and half stadium......makes the game.

LE Dad
10-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Why A&M and Arkansas do is simple....

1. Jerry Jones pays both teams alot of money.

2. Both teams have huge fanbases in the Metroplex and it is a heck of a spectacle that attracts potential recruits.

3. National exposure.

4. Wealthy boosters like to be spoiled.... Where better than boxseats in JerryWorld?

NastySlot
10-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Never? Georgia/Florida....largest outdoor cocktail party.

big daddy russ
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Until 1989, the Iron Bowl was played at Legion Field in Birmingham.

Violence between alums and students forced the school presidents to first cancel the series (from 1907 through 1948) and then only renew it because of an agreement to play the game at a neutral site.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Helps to recruit..you can bring in that areas recruit targets when some would not be able to make a home game.

Txbroadcaster
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

Why is that?