10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Baylor looks sharp early.

DDBooger
10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
7-7
Pretty exciting thus far

95mustang
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM
This is going to be a high scoring game if one of the defenses don't step up.

DDBooger
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Haha Baylor returned an onside for a td

95mustang
10-09-2010, 11:43 AM
and Tech is going to play defense for Baylor. I can't believe he dropped that pass!

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
and Tech is going to play defense for Baylor. I can't believe he dropped that pass!

Somewhere The Pirate is getting the last laugh on James and Hance.

charlesrixey
10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
i can't believe that was the second onside kick returned against TT in as many weeks! :eek:

charlesrixey
10-09-2010, 11:56 AM
bad news for baylor if they can't stop TT's running game!

95mustang
10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

No, Baylor is just going to out play them on special teams. Making Tech look BAD! on special teams right now.

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:05 PM
RG III is doin work so far

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I thought WR Gordon was one of the guys that got in trouble this week???

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:07 PM
What a run for Tech

DDBooger
10-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Baylor can't tackle

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Baylor receiver Joshua Caleb Gordon and tight end Willie Herbert Jefferson III were arrested on charges of misdemeanor ********* possession at 2:15 a.m. Sunday outside the Taco Bell near campus.

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 12:10 PM
same guy or not??

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Most likely the same person

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 12:18 PM
no punishment by Briles?? Kinda disapointing winning more important

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Romance Taylor tx lost his scholaship, Okla. Bob Stoops benched a guy last week for posting somethings on twitter. No punishment at all for Baptist Baylor.

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:28 PM
well they just said he was suspended for the beginning of the game...first snap?

Rabid Cougar
10-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Thank You Fox SportsSW and Dish....:mad:

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Potts throws the ball so hard that the camera guy cant even follow the entire pass downfield lol

coach
10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Potts throws the ball so hard that the camera guy cant even follow the entire pass downfield lol

he is no sonny cumbie

BaseballUmp
10-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Ha I had his jersey back in the day

TexMike
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

The failed onside kick attempt was a perfect example of poor special team coaching. If the guys don't know how to react in that situation I put that all on the coaches.

95mustang
10-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech almost gave this game away. Their 4th quarter play calling was sub par compared to the previous 3 quarters.

Coach BS
10-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
The failed onside kick attempt was a perfect example of poor special team coaching. If the guys don't know how to react in that situation I put that all on the coaches. the JR High or Highschool coaches

TexMike
10-09-2010, 07:15 PM
The college one, if there is one. Saw this on the TT website. Seems to be something missing.

Coaches

Tommy Tuberville - Head Coach
Neal Brown - Offensive Coordinator
Sonny Cumbie - Asst. Coach: Inside Receivers
Tommy Mainord - Asst. Coach: Outside Receivers
Sam McElroy - Asst. Coach: Defensive Line
Robert Prunty - Asst. Coach: Defensive Ends/Outside Linebackers
Travaris Robinson - Asst. Coach: Secondary
Chad Scott - Asst. Coach: Running Backs
James Willis - Defensive Coordinator
Matt Moore - Asst. Coach: Offensive Line
Joe Walker - Head Strength & Conditioning Coach

Caldwell_Raider
10-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Tubs is the special teams coach.

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I met Tommy Mainord at The Ranch 2 weeks ago

WildTexan972
10-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Tubs is the special teams coach.

Tubs is the ST coach and he is HORRIBLE at it....

Gordon is the same guy and he was suspended "from starting the game" and then promptly trotted out there....I figured Briles for a guy with more character than that but apparently that was a mistake....I also can't believe the holy baptists dint suspend the kid at a University level for dopin up so hard him and the buddy were napping in a parkin lot.....

Tubs Era or has it been exposed as the Tubs Error?

JJWalker
10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Well ... TT got a win in the BIG XII this season. After last week ... I am glad they got one. I was doubting I would see one.

Here is what all the TT hopefuls are forgetting ... that an Oklahoma State team that was supposed to be the doormat of the Big XII this season is scoring a lot of points with the Mike Leach offense. And the lil' Cowboys are climbing in the top 25.

I remember those days when the Red Raiders used to be competing in the top 25. :(

Eagle 1
10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
I can hardly watch Tech this year.:o
Mike Leach = Offense, Excitement, Pirate...
Tubs = .............

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I can hardly watch Tech this year.:o
Mike Leach = Offense, Excitement, Pirate...
Tubs = .............

Yesterday was pretty exciting reminded me exactly of a Leach coached game...:confused:

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Well ... TT got a win in the BIG XII this season. After last week ... I am glad they got one. I was doubting I would see one.

Here is what all the TT hopefuls are forgetting ... that an Oklahoma State team that was supposed to be the doormat of the Big XII this season is scoring a lot of points with the Mike Leach offense. And the lil' Cowboys are climbing in the top 25.

I remember those days when the Red Raiders used to be competing in the top 25. :(

Tech will again, just not this year...... they could ruin a few people's season this year though; including Okie States.

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 06:05 PM
For the record I like Tubs a lot, more than I ever liked the unprofessionalism of Leach. Watching games you can tell the team is improving, if they weren't consistently improving I would be worried and more of a pessimist.

Things will be alright and the future will be bright. :)

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
If it wasn't for the special teams miscues, Texas Tech could of very easily blew out Baylor. But that's why they're 3 phases in the game of football and you have to be good in all three, I'm just glad Tech was better in the other 2.

Eagle 1
10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
For the record I like Tubs a lot, more than I ever liked the unprofessionalism of Leach. Watching games you can tell the team is improving, if they weren't consistently improving I would be worried and more of a pessimist.

Things will be alright and the future will be bright. :)

You are only fooling yourself.

maroogreen
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I was at the game and it was frightening at the end if you were a Tech fan. There were some calls and actions on the field throughout the game that I would have questioned if I was a Tech coach, but no one even moved on the sidelines. People in the stands were losing their minds because certain calls were not challenged.

There was a sign at the game (don't know if it made it onto TV) that said "Hey, Tommy! Be like Mike." They guy carrying it probably had his picture taken 500 times by Tech fans at the game.

I think TT is a good guy, but I miss Mike Leach. I miss his comments, the way that he was constantly underestimated, and his thoughts about football that were so different from anything else out there. He is the epitome of the quirky high IQ kids that grow up to be quirky, high IQ adults--odd, socially inappropriate, and brilliantly outside-the-box. People loved him or hated him, you don't find a lot of people who feel indifferent.

I know some of the regents felt like Leach's persona stood in the way of Tech becoming an "elite" university, but let's face it: Tech has a long way to go before that ever happens. And I say that as a proud alumnus. That just isn't what Tech is nor is it where its strengths lay. The persona of a scrappy, fighter perennial underdog (like Leach) served it much better. Saturday's game was a win, but it wasn't a very pretty one.

Caldwell_Raider
10-10-2010, 11:57 PM

Nah I believe 90% of the students feel the same way I do.

RoyceTTU
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM

I disagree. As much as I like Leach, I think TTU will be just fine without. Like all programs, it takes a couple of years to adjust to a new coach. It just really hoovers though when come off of suceesful years straight to nothing.

3afan
10-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by maroogreen
I was at the game and it was frightening at the end if you were a Tech fan. There were some calls and actions on the field throughout the game that I would have questioned if I was a Tech coach, but no one even moved on the sidelines. People in the stands were losing their minds because certain calls were not challenged.

thats probably because the staff knows whats going on & the fans in the stands only think they do

WildTexan972
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats probably because the staff knows whats going on & the fans in the stands only think they do

well if they "know it" they might wanna start showin it sometime.....thus far I could have coached this team and gotten em to 3-2 and I would have been much cheaper than cTT....

they hired tommie to raise money, not so much for coaching the team.....I think they know he won't be at Tech 5 years from now - if he stinks up the place they will work out a deal to send him away, and if he wins he will go back to the SEC to coach where he thinks all the good teams are....in the mean time Tech will have upgraded some facilities and figure it was worth the drop in football results for the money he brought in....

I myself prefer to win the games.....