PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 7 GotW: #6 Gilmer @ #5 Carthage

charlesrixey
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
FYI-Rankings are regional

Two defending state champions meet up after suffering some hits to the chin so far this season. However, both teams are beginning to come around and both should factor quite heavily into the playoff discussion in a few weeks.

This one hardly needs an introduction, so i will keep it short, but here are the two teams' results so far:

Carthage
08/27...@ Jacksonville W, 41-26
09/03...Lindale W, 47-42
09/10...@ Chapel Hll L, 46-14
09/17...@ Nacogdoches L, 41-20
09/24...Center W, 63-24
10/01...Bye
10/08...Pittsburg W, 50-11

Gilmer
08/27...Atlanta W, 63-28
09/03...Tatum L, 47-41
09/10...Jacksonville L, 43-36
09/17...Liberty-Eylau W, 28-12
09/24...@ Daingerfield W, 38-19
10/01...Bye
10/08...Gladewater W, 36-35 (OT)

oldtownag
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
My poll beat your poll by hours! Ha!

bwdlionfan
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
If you go off their one common opponent Carthage wins big.... but I don't think you can do that in this game.... I think it'll be closer... but I still think Carthage wins.

Aesculus gilmus
10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
The correct score was Gilmer 39, Daingerfield 18.

charlesrixey
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
ttt

Tin Cup
10-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Gilmer 35-28

charlesrixey
10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
ahem! someone needs to merge the 3 or 4 G/C threads together lol

defense51
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Carthage wins this one, look for the defense to play big and keep the points low. Carthage 21- Gilmer 7

buckeyebob
10-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by defense51
Carthage wins this one, look for the defense to play big and keep the points low. Carthage 21- Gilmer 7

Never happen...both offenses are too good for that.

charlesrixey
10-12-2010, 06:41 AM
merge please!

lostaussie
10-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by defense51
Carthage wins this one, look for the defense to play big and keep the points low. Carthage 21- Gilmer 7 Ain't nobody holding us to 7 points:doh:

Gsquared
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Ain't nobody holding us to 7 points:doh:
I just might sit on the Gilmer side so 7 points might be a stretch

lostaussie
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I just might sit on the Gilmer side so 7 points might be a stretch Won't be at game.............have to go to beckville.............but it on way to Carthage. Maybe a before dinner drink or eight?

Gsquared
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Won't be at game.............have to go to beckville.............but it on way to Carthage. Maybe a before dinner drink or eight?
I could prolly do eight, but no less than that.

waterboy
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
G2, you better sit on the HOME side! We know about your "mojo".:D Besides, unless you get there an hour and a half early, possibly earlier, you won't be able to find a seat on the visitor's side. Buckeye fans come VERY early, with a huge throng....

It looks like I'm gonna be in Beckville, too. Look me up lostaussie. Text me updates, poisoned10!

WildTexan972
10-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
G2, you better sit on the HOME side! We know about your "mojo".:D Besides, unless you get there an hour and a half early, possibly earlier, you won't be able to find a seat on the visitor's side. Buckeye fans come VERY early, with a huge throng....

It looks like I'm gonna be in Beckville, too. Look me up lostaussie. Text me updates, poisoned10!

Gilmer gals all wear huge thongs? wow that is not nice to sa.......wait.....thRong....oopps.....nevermind

Gsquared
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Leavin Dallas around 8 am so ill be there early!

waterboy
10-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Leavin Dallas around 8 am so ill be there early!
You should get there about eight hours early then, unless of course you get hung up at one of those "bars of ill repute":eek: on the way.:D Remember, Carthage fans are well known for their hospitality.........but wear RED.:doh:

Gsquared
10-12-2010, 03:03 PM
You should get there about eight hours early then, unless of course you get hung up at one of those "bars of ill repute":eek: on the way.:D Remember, Carthage fans are well known for their hospitality.........but wear RED.:doh:
Have four of those picked out along the way! :nerd:

waterboy
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Have four of those picked out along the way! :nerd:
:doh: Somehow, I already knew that...:D

poisoned10
10-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Text me updates, poisoned10!

I got you.

oldtownag
10-13-2010, 08:23 PM
If you are going to be drinking you better pick up all you need in Longview. Panola County is dry as a bone.

hollywood
10-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Where in the heck are all the Gilmer/Carthage posters? Isn't this suppose to be a big game? 2 pages?

?:thinking:

garciap77
10-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Gilmer!

buckeyebob
10-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Gilmer! Gilmer!

Fortunatly, oldtownag is the only regular Bulldog on 3A, and he is a closet Buckeye.

hollywood
10-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Even though the game is in Carthage, Gilmer wins this one. They seem to have improved every week since the season began. To much for the ole Bullpuppys.

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Gilmer! Gilmer!

Fortunatly, oldtownag is the only regular Bulldog on 3A, and he is a closet Buckeye.

Fortunately, people from Gilmer can’t prognosticate football any better than they can spell.

BuckeyeNut
10-14-2010, 08:56 AM
This is going to be a Fight to the end. Carthage passing game will be very good but we see what happen to Dfield and they have a better QB and WR than Carthage does. If we get some turn overs and run away for the MLB we should have a good chance to come out with a win.

42-35 Gilmer

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BuckeyeNut
we see what happen to Dfield and they have a better QB and WR than Carthage does.

Gilmer may win, but it want be because Dangerfield has a better QB and WR than Carthage!

waterboy
10-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Gilmer may win, but it want be because Dangerfield has a better QB and WR than Carthage!
Just like a Carthage peep......using words out of context.:D It should be "won't" (as in "will not") . That's for correcting buckeyebob on his spelling.:D

Carthage "should" win this game. The Dawgs are much healthier. The Buckeyes have SEVEN starters out due to injury, including Michael Boddie (OL) who went down for the season with a torn ACL in the Gladewater game. The injury bug has decimated the Buckeyes this year, but I expect the "Gap Soldiers" to fill in admirably. We'll definitely see what they're made of.

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Gilmer may win, but it won't be because Dangerfield has a better QB and WR than Carthage!

Smack talk "FAIL"

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I am taking Grant to Butchershop in Longview for lunch

bobcat1
10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I'd like to see this game. Since I can't, is it broadcast on the internet?

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Carthage KGAS Radio Broadcast (http://www.theheartbeatofeasttexas.com/)

Gilmer play by play is better but the sound quality is much better via Carthage broadcast.

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am taking Grant to Butchershop in Longview for lunch

Lucky Charms in Carthage (only open for lunch) is the bomb!

steerz2010
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
How can these teams be rated so high in the polls after losing 2 games each?

oldtownag
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by steerz2010

Strength Of Schedule / History

buckeyebob
10-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Fortunately, people from Gilmer can’t prognosticate football any better than they can spell.

I mistyped

buckeyebob
10-15-2010, 04:52 AM

& I see you mistype too

buckeyebob
10-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Just like a Carthage peep......using words out of context.:D It should be "won't" (as in "will not") . That's for correcting buckeyebob on his spelling.:D

Carthage "should" win this game. The Dawgs are much healthier. The Buckeyes have SEVEN starters out due to injury, including Michael Boddie (OL) who went down for the season with a torn ACL in the Gladewater game. The injury bug has decimated the Buckeyes this year, but I expect the "Gap Soldiers" to fill in admirably. We'll definitely see what they're made of.

Thanks for covering my back...as a reminder to all...

Tonight...halftime...Meet & Greet...south end of field outside fence...look for buckeyebob with the Buckeye Bug sign...sign the 3ADL Championship T-Shirt & get to meet oldtownag, Closet Buckeye. See U there!!

buckeyebob
10-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by steerz2010

Both are defending State Champs &, as much as it hurts to say, Bulldogs have two in a row.

buckeyebob
10-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

http://www.gilmerbuckeyes.com/page10.html

Try here too

waterboy
10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Thanks for covering my back...as a reminder to all...

Tonight...halftime...Meet & Greet...south end of field outside fence...look for buckeyebob with the Buckeye Bug sign...sign the 3ADL Championship T-Shirt & get to meet oldtownag, Closet Buckeye. See U there!!
No problem covering your back. He made it easy.:doh: At least if you're going to correct someone make sure you don't make mistakes in your own post.:D

Looks like I'm not going to be there.:( My family will be in Beckville tonight, so I need to be there. I'll be the chauffeur for them tonight.:cool: Sadly, I won't get to meet oldtownag. I believe he's the only Carthage peep on here.......:thinking:

oldtownag
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be there.:( My family will be in Beckville tonight, so I need to be there. I'll be the chauffeur for them tonight.:cool: Sadly, I won't get to meet oldtownag. I believe he's the only Carthage peep on here.......:thinking:

Come on! Its only like 10 miles.

waterboy
10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Come on! Its only like 10 miles.
I know, but I have to be there for my family. I'm the chauffeur.:( Maybe lostaussie will volunteer to chauffeur my family to and from the game......:thinking: .......so I can come to the Gilmer/Carthage game.

On second though, never mind, he may be imbibed well before the game.:doh: :D

Yoefan11
10-15-2010, 10:27 PM
whats the score?

oldtownag
10-15-2010, 10:31 PM
38 - 21 Dawgs. And it was not that close.

cowboyandchrist
10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
31 to 7 Carthage at half time. Final score 38 to 21 Carthage.
Gilmer scored 2 late TD'S in the fourth against dogs second team.
Gilmer fumbled a lot. Carthage has everybody back including all state linebacker and all state safety for the first time this year. Played Nac and Chapell Hill with 8 soph. I think Carthage may be in the thick of things when the playoffs start.

Tin Cup
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Good win for Carthage. I picked Gilmer so I was obviously wrong!!!

lulu
10-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Good win for Carthage. I picked Gilmer so I was obviously wrong!!! Gilmers a hurt unit. Maybe they will get healthy. We play them next week. We have some kids out too.

poisoned10
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Gilmer is very banged up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 or 6 starters that didn't play last night, and our #2 RB, who has really been playing better than our #1 went down late in the game against Carthage. I'm not sure if he came back or not.

We already weren't a very deep team and injuries are worse than they have been in a long time.

BUT, even if we were fully healthy, I still don't think we would have won last night. It seemed as if we were just going through the motions and didnt' really care what happened. Which is really sad because this team is MUCH, MUCH better than the way they are playing. They have the talent to play deep into the playoffs, but for whatever reason, they just aren't getting anything going.

What's even worse, is the kids already have it in their heads that they won't be making the playoffs this year.

lulu
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Gilmer is very banged up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 or 6 starters that didn't play last night, and our #2 RB, who has really been playing better than our #1 went down late in the game against Carthage. I'm not sure if he came back or not.

We already weren't a very deep team and injuries are worse than they have been in a long time.

BUT, even if we were fully healthy, I still don't think we would have won last night. It seemed as if we were just going through the motions and didnt' really care what happened. Which is really sad because this team is MUCH, MUCH better than the way they are playing. They have the talent to play deep into the playoffs, but for whatever reason, they just aren't getting anything going.

What's even worse, is the kids already have it in their heads that they won't be making the playoffs this year.
Posioned, that's just sad to hear. Coach has to find a way to rebuild that moral.
I know what you mean when it comes to depth..we are short on that too. Our back up QB did an excellent job against Gladewater and we were all glad to see that he can step up and play. I was very impressed with his performance. Of course our #1 running back has been out since first game. He has been missed a lot. Coach moved Dozier over from receiver but until Friday night he has struggled. Gave a good showing then but after the game he was walking wounded. Be ok I think but was rode pretty hard.
Hopefully your guys will pick up the pace. However it will be alright with me if they wait until after this week.:D :D
You know I love the Buckeyes but my greatest love is for my Panthers and of course Dylan. Hoping he will be ready this week. See no reason that he wouldn't be. I was very proud of him Friday night. He showed leadership on the sidelines and was very supportive of his replacement. I think he about drove Coach Poe nuts following him around offering his input. Just kidding but he was very much into the game. Believe me Poe needs no input. He has been such a great asset for us. He has taken a group of kids and turned them into a TEAM. Wish we had him 4 years ago. We have the same kids but they are now a team and are making strides every week.

Your Bucs will get it together. Keep on supporting them and keep everyone behind them.
Look at us.

I will be cheering for them, Just not this week.
:)

lulu
10-17-2010, 11:19 AM
COME ON GILMER FANS! Let your kids hear you.

Not that I am wanting you to win against us but don't let them down.

lulu

waterboy
10-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Injuries and turnovers.......what can you say? You just can't win against good teams when you turn the ball over 5 times. Some years we might have been able to overcome nights like that, but not this year. If the Buckeyes can eliminate the turnovers they can play with just about anybody. I was certainly hoping for a more inspired performance. It's really simple.......HOLD ON TO THE BALL and you can win.

Gsquared
10-18-2010, 07:44 AM
I was pretty darn impressed with Carthage. If they stay healthy, look out!

oldtownag
10-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I was pretty darn impressed with Carthage. If they stay healthy, look out!

We missed you at the meet and greet. Carthage seems to be hitting their stride at the right time, again.

Gilmer was definitely wounded. They better not get down or they risk missing the playoffs.

Gsquared
10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
We missed you at the meet and greet. Carthage seems to be hitting their stride at the right time, again.

Gilmer was definitely wounded. They better not get down or they risk missing the playoffs.
Yeah sorry, we left a few mins before half time and headed over to catch the second half of Sabine vs Tatum.

oldtownag
10-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah sorry, we left a few mins before half time and headed over to catch the second half of Sabine vs Tatum.

That was a blowout, huh? I guess that did get you closer to home. Carthage vs. Henderson should be really good this weekend.

Gsquared
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
That was a blowout, huh? I guess that did get you closer to home. Carthage vs. Henderson should be really good this weekend.
Yeah, Tatum/Sabine was a big time blow out. Think im probably going to Carthage vs Henderson Friday!

Simple Man
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Carthage is very impressive. If they stay healthy I do believe they have a chance for 3 in a row.

oldtownag
10-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah, Tatum/Sabine was a big time blow out. Think im probably going to Carthage vs Henderson Friday!

I'll be there. My brother in law is the strength and conditioning coach for Henderson. Henderson better come to play 4 quarters against Carthage. They got pretty lucky last week.

waterboy
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll be there. My brother in law is the strength and conditioning coach for Henderson. Henderson better come to play 4 quarters against Carthage. They got pretty lucky last week.
I agree that Henderson got "lucky". They have been getting off to slow starts all season. If that happens this week I think that will spell doom for them against a good team like Carthage. The Bulldogs have a much better defense than any other team in this district. The Bulldogs will likely win this one by a couple of TDs. Who really knows, though, with this being a big rivalry game Henderson may put 4 quarters together. I still don't think it'll be enough, though. Congrats to the Bulldogs for the win against Gilmer. I hope y'all win out, unless of course we meet up again.:D

oldtownag
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
They have had several come from behind victories:

LE, Center, Spring Hill, and Pittsburg

They scored 3 TD's in the 4th at Pittsburg. You have to have some luck to score that many times in a quarter.

waterboy
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
You have to have some luck to score that many times in a quarter.
Or a cheating homer running the clock..... I can't believe what I saw the other night. It's really sad.:(

oldtownag
10-18-2010, 11:57 AM
In the Beckville game?

waterboy
10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
In the Beckville game?
I won't go into detail, but let's just say that the home field advantage there is worse than I've EVER seen anywhere.

lulu
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I won't go into detail, but let's just say that the home field advantage there is worse than I've EVER seen anywhere.

Thank goodness they have to visit us. :D
Maybe they will let me run the clock.....think that will help?
Carthage scare the dickens out of me.
But the boys gotta go out there not me.:)

waterboy
10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Thank goodness they have to visit us. :D
Maybe they will let me run the clock.....think that will help?
Carthage scare the dickens out of me.
But the boys gotta go out there not me.:)
Actually, it wasn't Carthage I was talking about. They do everything right. I went to the UH game in Beckville where they take "home field advantage" to a whole other level. Since when does 7:50 on the clock equate to an hour and a half of playing time? There were few times where the clock should've stopped running. Two possessions by both teams running the ball, not running out of bounds, and only one incomplete pass, without using timeouts took a whole 1:48 off the clock, not to mention time being actually added to the clock after, and on one occasion during, a play. I know, I was watching the clock. Their time keeper was cheating, plain and simple. An 18-point lead evaporated when all UH was trying to do is run out the clock, yet time stood still on the clock. They actually ran 2 plays with the clock NOT moving at all. I felt horrible for those youngsters out their playing when an adult would purposely cheat them. Classless is all I have to say.

lulu
10-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Actually, it wasn't Carthage I was talking about. They do everything right. I went to the UH game in Beckville where they take "home field advantage" to a whole other level. Since when does 7:50 on the clock equate to an hour and a half of playing time? There were few times where the clock should've stopped running. Two possessions by both teams running the ball, not running out of bounds, and only one incomplete pass, without using timeouts took a whole 1:48 off the clock, not to mention time being actually added to the clock after, and on one occasion during, a play. I know, I was watching the clock. Their time keeper was cheating, plain and simple. An 18-point lead evaporated when all UH was trying to do is run out the clock, yet time stood still on the clock. They actually ran 2 plays with the clock NOT moving at all. I felt horrible for those youngsters out their playing when an adult would purposely cheat them. Classless is all I have to say.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad to hear it. Dang they don't need any help from the press box over in Carthage. Besides.....as much as they win someone would have been
all over that .

See ya Friday. Hope your guys find the moonshine hiding place and partake abundantly. Then go down to the square and eat all the funnel cakes they can hold. :D

waterboy
10-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Are you gonna make it to the Yamboree this year, lulu? I'll be up there Wednesday night, all day Friday, and the majority of the day and night Saturday. Come say hi.