PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ LaGrange

navscanmaster
10-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Navasota travels to LaGrange to take on a Leopard team that put up a good fight in Giddings, but injuries took their toll. With all state talent at WR in Brandon Wilkerson possibly not 100% if he plays at all, will LaGrange still have the firepower to overcome a tough Rattler defense? Navasota is coming off a big 36-7 win at Rockdale in which they were the recipients of several costly Tiger fumbles. Will Navasota focus on LaGrange and their tough passing attack, or will they be looking ahead to Caldwell's visit to Rattler Stadium and the freight train rushing attack?

navscanmaster
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Forgot to add the poll, mods. Please????:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2010, 11:10 AM
It will not be easy going into La Grange and getting w. But, I like what Navasota is doing at this point in the season.

Navasota by 14.

Pudlugger
10-09-2010, 11:35 AM
This game is going to be a difficult one for the Leps. Wilkerson probably will not play as the risk of post concussion syndrome is too great. I do not know how bad the injuries to Childs and McCarty are but I doubt that either will be able to play in just one week. That means that some Leps need to step up and fill the voids. Kitchens #76 made several big tackles and contributed to an outstanding goal line stand so that is encouraging. Morris will be the primary target in the receiver corp. Several of the young secondary receivers need to find some soft hands and make their receptions and run their routes better if the Lep offense is going to work. I hope the coaches get the screen passes and draw plays going next week. They had success last night on the draws but the Buff linebackers weren't blitzing so they only ran the bubble screen once. Our o line looked solid on pass blocking and the Lep rbs found some good holes on cut backs(btw that artificial turf was slippery!).

Of course I will back the Leps in this one having confidence in the team and coaches to find a way to pull out a win. Leps by a td.

1st and goal
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I wish I had more knowledge of Navasota this year. Playing in Lagrange I'm going to call it even. If Lagrange has all their players back and healthy, I'd say LG by 10.

87 TIGER
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Navasota by 14

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I wish I had more knowledge of Navasota this year. Playing in Lagrange I'm going to call it even. If Lagrange has all their players back and healthy, I'd say LG by 10.

What would you like to know? Navasota will win district 23. That includes beating Giddings. ;)

Yoe_09
10-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Navasota by 21.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Here's a quick rundown. Yes, these are just scores, but, you can get an idea.

Overall Navasota is 4-2

Scrimmages:

Navasota 1 Sealy 1
Montgomery 3 Navasota 1

Games:

Navasota 35 Madisonville 14 (Navasota led 35-0 @ half)

Navasota 34 4A Willis 23 (Willis is now 5-2)

(5-1) Rudder 17 Navasota 0

#4 Cameron 35 Navasota 33

Navasota 49 Wharton 12

Navasota 36 Rockdale 7

1st and goal
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
What would you like to know? Navasota will win district 23. That includes beating Giddings. ;)

Next joke please....

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Next joke please....

Joke? Lol @ you.

We will see in week 10. See ya at Rattler Stadium.

Hornet Mom 2
10-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

:tisk: Now now Hemo...Caldwell might have something to say about that! :hand: Even with no muddy field in Navasota! :doh:

Coach BS
10-09-2010, 06:51 PM
3 way tie

ss27
10-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
This game is going to be a difficult one for the Leps. Wilkerson probably will not play as the risk of post concussion syndrome is too great. I do not know how bad the injuries to Childs and McCarty are but I doubt that either will be able to play in just one week. That means that some Leps need to step up and fill the voids. Kitchens #76 made several big tackles and contributed to an outstanding goal line stand so that is encouraging. Morris will be the primary target in the receiver corp. Several of the young secondary receivers need to find some soft hands and make their receptions and run their routes better if the Lep offense is going to work. I hope the coaches get the screen passes and draw plays going next week. They had success last night on the draws but the Buff linebackers weren't blitzing so they only ran the bubble screen once. Our o line looked solid on pass blocking and the Lep rbs found some good holes on cut backs(btw that artificial turf was slippery!).

Of course I will back the Leps in this one having confidence in the team and coaches to find a way to pull out a win. Leps by a td.

Well, I think the QB needs to improve as much or more than the receivers to make this offense work. Still not sold on the QB experiment but it looks like no matter what happens, it is not going to change. So I guess we will never know what could have been. Without Wilkerson, it will be tough. He makes catches no one else can. Morris is good but he is still not #9. Have to wonder about the mindset of this team now. At home should help! The grass field will be the same for both teams, so that can't be an excuse. Seems LG does not play as well on turf this year, but last year seemed to play better on turf. Regardless, this is a must win for the Leps!

I do hope all the injured players make a full recovery soon. Praying that Wilkerson has no lingering effects which could hurt his future.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
:tisk: Now now Hemo...Caldwell might have something to say about that! :hand: Even with no muddy field in Navasota! :doh:

Of course they will. I'm just letting this chump know that Navasota will have alot to say about d23 before it all said and done.

The way I see it, 1st and goal doesn't think too highly of Navasota based on his comment. Giddings beat Lagrange 28-7. He says he is calling it even between Navasota and Lagrange. I'm just saying.

navscanmaster
10-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Ehhhh. Let him have his opinion. He said he didn't know about them. I haven't been to a game either this year. Shreveport is a good drive from Navasota. All I know about Navasota is names and stats, sadly.

1st and goal
10-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Hemo, there ain't no hate coming from here. I've followed your team more closely in years past. Just not so much this year.

Its just that your losses to Rudder and Cameron tell me that you guys might not be gelled yet.

I was just joking back at ya when you were mistakenly thinking that y'all could beat Giddings...;)

HEMOTOXIC
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Hemo, there ain't no hate coming from here. I've followed your team more closely in years past. Just not so much this year.

Its just that your losses to Rudder and Cameron tell me that you guys might not be gelled yet.

I was just joking back at ya when you were mistakenly thinking that y'all could beat Giddings...;)

See y'all at Rattler Stadium.

navscanmaster
10-10-2010, 10:42 AM

You seem to be right about the gelling thing. Rudder was a defensive beatdown on our offense. Rudder is also 5-1 with a loss to state ranked Hutto and a road victory over district favorite Bastrop. I don't feel too bad about that one. Cameron was just too much for us offensively, but they are also fourth in 2A. I don't think the Rattlers are where they could be, but they aren't a bad team.

gameface
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I thought this was a Navasota vs. LG thread!? Welcome to the jungle rattlers. Should be a good test for LG with recent injuries and having to step it up for a crucial district win. Remember, football is a team sport and LG will not let the snakes' venom paralyze them without a fight. I believe we have enough key players to win this home game. LG is gonna have to want it, believe and bring their talents to the field. Leps by 3. Leopards have gameface on.:cool:

Mojado
10-10-2010, 05:25 PM
(btw that artificial turf was slippery!).

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good one:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pudlugger
10-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I await an injury report this week. The Leps had better cowboy up as the Snakes will be as ornery as a spilt bucket of snapping turtles this Friday.:mad:

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I await an injury report this week. The Leps had better cowboy up as the Snakes will be as ornery as a spilt bucket of snapping turtles this Friday.:mad:

Any word on the injuries?

navscanmaster
10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Thinking about making this game. Might be the only chance I have to catch one this year......will take some trickery at work.:devil:

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Thinking about making this game. Might be the only chance I have to catch one this year......will take some trickery at work.:devil:

I'm working till 7 on Friday. No way I can get from The Woodlands to LaGrange in time.... So......I will have to settle for the radio broadcast...:mad:

Yoe_09
10-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Idk about Rudder but the Yoemen are impressive this year. Many people think it is better than the 01 team that had a good chance of winning state in 3a. The Rattlers will be fine....I still give them a good shot at winning this district.

navscanmaster
10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Idk about Rudder but the Yoemen are impressive this year. Many people think it is better than the 01 team that had a good chance of winning state in 3a. The Rattlers will be fine....I still give them a good shot at winning this district.

Rudder will make the playoffs. They are loaded with seniors that are third year starters.

1st and goal
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09

Don't wanna hijack but I've been really impressed with the Yoemen. Y'all should go far this year.

Also impressed with Lexington. And since I'm on the 2A subject, I grew up in Victoria so I always got the Refugio football news. It looks like they got a heck of a team again too.

Back on subject. I'm interested to see what happens between LG and the Rattlers. Hoping that LG is back to health. I saw somewhere that the powers that be want to extend the time off if a player gets a concussion. I still will say a lil prayer for Wilkerson. Hang in there BW! If LG is healthy, playing at home, I'd call it even. But if LG lets up or is still sidelined with injuries, I'm giving the edge to Navasota.

Tough district.

PS, I was impressed by LG's young QB. Good arm, just needs to work on accuracy and route's timing. I saw him throwing some tight spirals over 30 yds or more. Better than what poor JJ at A&M can do at the moment. (Wish his shoulder was healthy too)

OldBison75
10-14-2010, 11:00 AM
This game will be a wake up call for the entire district. Navasota is much better than many believe based on the record. The Rattler defense is pretty darned tough and will give the Lep fits all night. To beat the Rattlers, LaGrange will have to establish a very good running game that forces the linebackers into filling gaps or the Rattlers will be teeing off on the QB all night.

Offensively the Rattlers have a effective running game and an above average passing game. If Day is pressured, he can make alot happen with his feet. Don't underestimate the receivers either, Taylor and Nelms can play with anybody and both are big, fast and strong.

LaGrange will have to play a mistake free game and make some big plays to keep this game close and with Wilkerson out it might be too big a task.

Rattlers 28
LaGrange 14

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This game will be a wake up call for the entire district. Navasota is much better than many believe based on the record. The Rattler defense is pretty darned tough and will give the Lep fits all night.

My thoughts exactly!:clap:

Mojado
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Injuries, possible let down spot(you see it weekly in CFB), I don't see a home field advantage, great spot for Navasota...

Rats 42
La Grange 7

And I'm not totally convinced that this blow out will tell the district anything... IDK...Good luck to both

Pudlugger
10-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
Injuries, possible let down spot(you see it weekly in CFB), I don't see a home field advantage, great spot for Navasota...

Rats 42
La Grange 7

And I'm not totally convinced that this blow out will tell the district anything... IDK...Good luck to both

Don't mistake the reticence of Lep posters as being due to a disheartened team. The Leps are busy preparing a snake handling ceremony for Friday night's revival. We're going to bring that old time religion to Leopard Stadium tonight and make true believers out of yall who think the La Grange Leopards are down and out. Go Leps! Beat Navasota!

navscanmaster
10-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Rattler fans know the Leps aren't down and out. Here's to an excellent ballgame tonight!

LHS 2SONS
10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I will not be able get to the game until around 7:00. When I get there, I will be on the visitor's side selling programs with my lovely wife. Come by and visit.

Mojado
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Don't mistake the reticence of Lep posters as being due to a disheartened team. The Leps are busy preparing a snake handling ceremony for Friday night's revival. We're going to bring that old time religion to Leopard Stadium tonight and make true believers out of yall who think the La Grange Leopards are down and out. Go Leps! Beat Navasota!

My opinion has nothing to do with posters or religion. It has to do with depth, injuries, speed, and the pure physical nature of the game that I think Navasota has an edge on....all of the above.

The effects of your ceremonies, revivals, rituals, rah rah mumbo jumbo will be over after a couple of series then the boys have to play football...

It has nothing to do with you Pud, as much as you hate to hear that...:D :D :D :D

Pudlugger
10-15-2010, 09:20 AM
The Leps have more in store for the Rattlers than they let on. This will come as a surprise to some. A wounded cornered Leopard can be very dangerous. Go Leps!

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Not enough anti venom to go around. Snakes attack.

Go Rattlers!

buff4ever
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I think Navasota will take this game by 21 or 28. Just didn't see much out of LG las week to lead me to believe they can play with the rattlers for 4 quarters.

Pudlugger
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Well I can't refute you on how well the Giddings team played against the Leps last week. Their physical style of play knocked out three of our best players. That's the breaks. Now the Leps have a chance to redeem themselves and save their season. I stand with them. Go Leps beat Navasota!

hookandladder
10-15-2010, 12:50 PM
I see this game shaping up like the Columbia game, we will need to score on every opportunity. If not then we will be in trouble, hopefully everyone will be healthy and ready to play.

gameface
10-15-2010, 03:21 PM
o-does have to execute and score. d-has to play physical and smart. Leps gotta want it. Leps gotta have it. Go LG-gameface on.:cool:

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Good Luck tonight to the Leopards and Rattlers. Hopefully both will have an injury free ball game.

Safe Traveling, LET'S GO SNAKES!

Pudlugger
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I see this game shaping up like the Columbia game, we will need to score on every opportunity. If not then we will be in trouble, hopefully everyone will be healthy and ready to play.

Yes, I agree the Leps will need to put up the points. I hope we get to see a healthy Lep team take the field tonight as well. Go Leps!

navscanmaster
10-15-2010, 07:48 PM
7-0 Rattlers on a 45 yard end around pass from Aaron Collins to Alfon Taylor. A couple of broken tackles on the way.

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
7-0 Rattlers on a 45 yard end around pass from Aaron Collins to Alfon Taylor. A couple of broken tackles on the way.

Sorry PG , I started a game thread....