PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs. Gilmer

oldtownag
10-09-2010, 09:36 AM
2 time defending Div II state champ Carthage welcomes defending Div I state champ Gilmer to Bulldog Stadium this Friday.

Div I vs. Div II - (even though Carthage is bigger):)

LE Dad
10-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I have said it quite a few times before, but let me say it again.... 16 3A will be decided by who is the healthiest. Gilmer had a few injured last night and I am sure that could have an affect on this week. I know Carthage has a few out and I don't think either team will be resting anyone this week.

I am going with Gilmer, but this game could be up for grabs... Just one or 2 hard hits could change the outcome.

Aesculus gilmus
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have said it quite a few times before, but let me say it again.... 16 3A will be decided by who is the healthiest. Gilmer had a few injured last night and I am sure that could have an affect on this week. I know Carthage has a few out and I don't think either team will be resting anyone this week.

I am going with Gilmer, but this game could be up for grabs... Just one or 2 hard hits could change the outcome.

It would be a miracle if Gilmer won in Carthage, given what you just said about the health of the Buckeyes. The good news is that the Gilmer coaches and players are proven miracle workers.

cowboyandchrist
10-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I believe this could be the game to determine the district champ.
I have seen Gilmer play and they are very good. The game last night between Gilmer and Gladewater threw me off a bit. I don't know if Gladewater played over their heads or Gilmer just not hitting on all cylinders. I say Carthage at home by 1 point. If it were in Gilmer, I would go with Gilmer by 1 point. I can not get a good read on Carthage. They get blowed out by Nac. and Chapel Hill and turn around and hang 60 and 50 points on Center and Pitt. They beat 4A Jacksonville which only has one loss. I did hear a rumor and you know how rumors go, that against Nac and CapelHill they played 9 SOPH. The person could not or would not tell me why so many starters were out for those two games.
This district is what we as highschool football fans love to see, every team has an equal chance to win the district championship. From last nights scores every team in the district can win except Pitt.

oldtownag
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Carthage is getting healthy.

Carthage has never lost at Bulldog Stadium.

Gilmer had a bunch of players go down Friday.

Carthage defense starting to Gel.

This might be a blowout but probably want be.

Carthage 35 - Gilmer 21

oldtownag
10-10-2010, 09:55 AM
ttt - For poll comparison

SintonFan
10-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag

Really?
NEVER???
:eek:

lulu
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Carthage is getting healthy.

Gilmer had a bunch of players go down Friday.

Carthage defense starting to Gel.

This might be a blowout but probably want be.

Carthage 35 - Gilmer 21 At your new stadium...just for clarification

oldtownag
10-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by lulu
At your new stadium...just for clarification

The old stadium was "Martin Stadium". The Bulldogs are undefeated at the new "Bulldog Stadium".

lulu
10-10-2010, 04:52 PM
The old stadium was "Martin Stadium". The Bulldogs are undefeated at the new "Bulldog Stadium". And it is a beauty.;)

buckeyebob
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
We will be there & are bringing the skunk...a lot does depend on our health. We remember the last time we met & it is time.

oldtownag
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
If there is one thing people from Carthage (Panola County) are not afraid of it is a little skunk. We will be bringing this:

http://www.panolawatchman.com/big-cat-in-panola-county-p13951-94.htm

http://www.panolawatchman.com/clients/panolawatchman/10-5-2010-4-02-55-PM-9718224.jpg

buckeyebob
10-11-2010, 05:01 AM
My skunk can whip your lion.

WOS87
10-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Eh! Sounds like pure propaganda! Gilmer has already beaten one 2-time defending state champ in Daingerfield... I don't see any reason why they can't do it again with Carthage.

;)

cowboyandchrist
10-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Any other time I would agree with Gilmer having a good chance to beat Carthage, but from what I heard and read, Gilmer has 3 or 4 starters hurt and may not play. Carthage on the other hand will have everybody back except the all state safety. In an earlier post I said Carthage by 1 point because they are at home, but now I say Carthage by 14. I wish both teams were healthy, it would one heck of a ball game. We played Gilmer with two of their best defensive players out and beat them with a few seconds left on the clock 47 to 41. They are a very good team with all starters on the field.

waterboy
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
This is a tough call. Gilmer is up and down. They have a lot of injuries, and turnovers have killed the Buckeyes this year. So far this year the Buckeyes have not had one single game where they didn't turn the ball over at least once, yet they are still 4-2, and actually had a chance to win the other two games in which they had 5 TOs in each. They have improved in that department, along with getting the right players in the right position on defense to fill in for injuries, though they've been somewhat inconsistent. I say that the Buckeyes will absolutely have to have their best game of the season to beat Carthage this week. I don't think the Buckeyes respected Gladewater this past week, and it showed. There will be NO easy weeks in this district for any team. I have absolutely no idea who will win this game, but the homer in me still has faith in the Buckeyes to pull it out. I think the Buckeyes can win, it just depends on which team shows up for us -- the focused one that beat Daingerfield, or the sloppy one that showed up for Tatum, Jacksonville, and Gladewater.

Buckeye1980
10-11-2010, 09:27 AM
let me see now

We won the "Skunk Bowl 2010"
We have not lost a district game since 2002 or so , long time anyway
We are not gonna lay down for anyone
We have already beat a 2 time state champion that noBoby said we could

I am not yet gonna say we will win , but I not about to say we will not

ONE thing keeps coming to mind

HEALTHY TEAMS DO NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

rojosgirl
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Sounds like it will be a good one! Good luck to both teams.

lulu
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Gilmer has to step up in this one. No loss of a district game in so many years does not work in your favor IMO....and Carthages no loss in their new stadium does not work in theirs IMO. I'm of the
mind set that "every dog has his day".

You guys can take care of business just forget the "no district" loss thing. Makes the kids too over confident when folks talk that way. All IMO. For whats its worth.

Now the skunk bowl....that's unique.
Good luck Bucs...except when you meet up with us. Hope our dog day is coming.
:)

Hi W'boy, B1980, and the rest of you G men.

pirate4state
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Good luck to the Buckeyes!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey buckeyebob and oldtownag,

Have either of you sent Bullsfan your mailing address yet? :thinking:

lulu
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Good luck to the Buckeyes!!! Ok Ok the credit card is in the purse...not beside me.. I'l get to it.

I was referring to your pink part

pirate4state
10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Ok Ok the credit card is in the purse...not beside me.. I'l get to it.

I was referring to your pink part

:) thank you :kiss:

buckeyebob
10-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey buckeyebob and oldtownag,

Have either of you sent Bullsfan your mailing address yet? :thinking:

Got the email this AM & responded.

buckeyebob
10-12-2010, 06:10 AM
The shirt will be with us this Friday....M&G will be @ halftime, south side, outside the fence. I will have my Buckeye Bug sign.