PDA

View Full Version : Kirbyville do or die

Wildcat81
10-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Kirbyville has to win.But they are playing a tough
team in the Lumberjacks. GO CATS

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Good Luck K-vill, we had jasper all we needed was inches but mistakes killed us, thats proly what kept yall from winning vs newton. but hey hopefully neither team wont have that many this friday. gl again.

bevo
10-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Regardless of the outcome...I'm sure it's going to turn out to be another jam up, of a district match up. It's going to be tough for the cats to go into jack stadium and pull it off, but I would have to go with Kirbyville.

Kirbyville...27
Diboll.......20

Good luck to both teams...What ever the score is, it should be a great game.

mistanice
10-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Taking into account what the score was in the Jasper vs. Kville game I would pick us to win. Yet, they hung in there with Newton. I will still say that with the balance of Diboll's pass/run and the kind of defensive game they had against Jasper (keeping them from running away with the game) I pick the jacks to win.

Diboll 28
Kirbyville 16

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Good Luck K-vill, we had jasper all we needed was inches but mistakes killed us, thats proly what kept yall from winning vs newton. but hey hopefully neither team wont have that many this friday. gl again.No, I don't think you "had" Jasper. From what I heard, Jasper was close at the end of the game and took a knee twice to run out the clock INSTEAD of running up the score. Just as Diboll had missed opportunities, so did Jasper.

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda....

Get 'em Kirbyville!!! :D

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 09:24 AM
spiveyrat:

Diboll_Lumberjackk:
Good Luck K-vill, we had jasper all we needed was inches but mistakes killed us, thats proly what kept yall from winning vs newton. but hey hopefully neither team wont have that many this friday. gl again.No, I don't think you "had" Jasper. From what I heard, Jasper was close at the end of the game and took a knee twice to run out the clock INSTEAD of running up the score. Just as Diboll had missed opportunities, so did Jasper.

Get 'em Kirbyville!!! :D From listening to the radio it sounded like Diboll had two possessions late in the game where they shot themselves in the foot. A few breaks here or there culd have made a huge difference. Whether or not Jasper didn't put Diboll away earlier in the game is irrelevant. Jasper didn't put them away and Diboll did have opportunities at the end of the game. It was smart for jasper to take a knee, not classy.
Regardless though it was a good test for Jasper and should only serve to make them stronger.
It's gonna be hard to go against Diboll in this one.

Diboll 17
Kirbyville 16

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 09:41 AM
I didn't say anything about class. I merely stated that just as Diboll had missed opportunities, so did Jasper.

Old No. 7
10-27-2003, 10:36 AM
This should be a gruge Match. K-ville 21 Diboll 18.

grigsby
10-27-2003, 10:39 AM
The game will be a great one. Halloween and all. It will be like a spook fest. Not only that it is going to be Senior Night at Lumberjack Stadium. It will be a good game. I am again pulling for my Lumberjacks. K-ville will have a tough time with all the fans, Halloween, and finally Senior Night. Good luck to both teams.

Diboll - 45
K-ville- 14

southern_thunder
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Old No. 7:
This should be a gruge Match. K-ville 21 Diboll 18.Not just a grudge match it will decide who goes to the playoffs and who starts playing thump thump!!

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

oak flat
10-27-2003, 11:10 AM
No doubt Diboll has a really good team, and I'm not trying to take anything away from them but I dont think Jasper played as well as they did the previous two weeks. I was impressed with Kirbyvile's kids, and thought one or two breaks their way the game could have went the other way. Congrats to Newton. This game is going to be really close, I just hope I can make it.

Kirbyville 33
Diboll 27

mistanice
10-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey I was thinking that maybe Jasper didn't play well because of Diboll's play. The law of Cause and effect. :)

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

oak flat
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm sure your right to an extent, that Diboll caused Jasper a lot of problems, but I dont believe that Jasper played as well as it did against Newton. Its also difficult for a team to come out and play as well as they had the two weeks before esp. the Newton game. I'm not taking anything away from Diboll they have a very good team, and a huge game this week to get into the playoffs.

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 11:38 AM
spiveyrat:
I didn't say anything about class. I merely stated that just as Diboll had missed opportunities, so did Jasper.Spivey I added the word "class" but prolly shouldn't have. I was pointing out that taking a knee was the prudent thing to do at the time not the only move. No disrespect, Jasper's coaching staff did a fine job.

Wildcat81
10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
K-ville has to be agressive on defense. No turn
overs on offense to let Diboll score.

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 12:08 PM
St. Ivender:

spiveyrat:
I didn't say anything about class. I merely stated that just as Diboll had missed opportunities, so did Jasper.Spivey I added the word "class" but prolly shouldn't have. I was pointing out that taking a knee was the prudent thing to do at the time not the only move. No disrespect, Jasper's coaching staff did a fine job.Yes, I agree it was the smart thing to do. If you have the win, take it. Keeps the potential of injuries out of the picture.

But still, they coulda, you know? :D j/k

LUMBER_JACK
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm sure your right to an extent, that Diboll caused Jasper a lot of problems, but I dont believe that Jasper played as well as it did against Newton. Its also difficult for a team to come out and play as well as they had the two weeks before esp. the Newton game. I'm not taking anything away from Diboll they have a very good team, and a huge game this week to get into the playoffs. well i think that jasper did not think that diboll would be a challenge, if you ask me i think that diboll had alot to do with it. More so than jasper.

LUMBER_JACK
10-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Oh and spivey this is DIBOLLIAN_154

JasperDog94
10-27-2003, 12:35 PM
LUMBER_JACK:
Oh and spivey this is DIBOLLIAN_154Don't know that I'd be advertising that... frown

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 12:42 PM
LUMBER_JACK:

I'm sure your right to an extent, that Diboll caused Jasper a lot of problems, but I dont believe that Jasper played as well as it did against Newton. Its also difficult for a team to come out and play as well as they had the two weeks before esp. the Newton game. I'm not taking anything away from Diboll they have a very good team, and a huge game this week to get into the playoffs. well i think that jasper did not think that diboll would be a challenge, if you ask me i think that diboll had alot to do with it. More so than jasper.You're kind of contradicting yourself here... but I have to agree with you about the fact that I think Jasper didn't believe Diboll would be as good a team as they are.

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 12:48 PM
LUMBER_JACK:
Oh and spivey this is DIBOLLIAN_154LOL... man you are something else! :D

Wildcat81
10-28-2003, 12:44 PM
If K-ville plays well! I don't think Diboll will
Blow them out.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

BigMac
10-29-2003, 11:21 AM
I've seen both Teams Play -Both schools have great players and great coaches-Kirbyville by 10

Wildcat81
10-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I think K-ville has a very good chance to win.

LUMBER_JACK
10-29-2003, 01:00 PM
jacks got this

D-TOWN 28
K-VILLE 13

Wildcat81
10-29-2003, 02:24 PM
We'll see Friday night,/i think the cats can take
the Jacks.

Compudyne
10-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Prediction

Kirbyville 34

Diboll 14

mistanice
10-29-2003, 02:43 PM
compudyne, maybe your prediction this game will be closer than last Week's jasper-diboll game. :) you had some good ones one week, dont remember which one.

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

Compudyne
10-29-2003, 03:08 PM
mistanice:
compudyne, maybe your prediction this game will be closer than last Week's jasper-diboll game. :) you had some good ones one week, dont remember which one.I will count last week as my off week. I have only missed a couple of games all year. I believe I will get back on track this week.

mistanice
10-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Alright, but you only get one off week a season. You dont have anymore left. !!!!

Compudyne
10-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I went back and looked what I had predicted.
I said Diboll 14 and they actually scored 15.
I wouldn't call that being off at all!!!

I said Jasper 42 and they scored 22. I will say that is way off.

Good luck this Friday!!!!!

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Compudyne ]</small>

Wildcat81
10-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Compudyne, I score it Cats 21
Jacks 14

oak flat
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Compudyne, whay is your prediction this week.

Mine
Kirbyville 33

Diboll 27

Are you from Kirbyville? I've heard that a young coach yall have is posing in play girl.

Whiskers
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
I think that Kirbyville has a great chance to win this week. I think they will come out with great determination to get that playoff spot. Should be a great game. Both teams just came off of hard losses at the hands of very good teams. My prediction: K-ville-28 Diboll-14

<small>[ October 29, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Whiskers ]</small>

Wildcat81
10-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Wildcats have a pretty good shot a winning.

Compudyne
10-30-2003, 09:54 AM
oak flat:
Compudyne, whay is your prediction this week.

Mine
Kirbyville 33

Diboll 27

Are you from Kirbyville? I've heard that a young coach yall have is posing in play girl.I made a prediction earlier in this thread.
Kirbyville 34
Diboll 14

I am not sure about the young coach but I think a few of the older ones posed for a poster for the Brookshire Brothers Deli. LOL

diboll_fan
10-30-2003, 12:05 PM
originally posted by Compudyne
Prediction

Kirbyville 34

Diboll 14 thats just plain crazy. Jacks by 21 or more.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-30-2003, 12:06 PM
if we can hold those jasper monsters to 22 points dont expect to score 34 on us.

nice predictons comp

diboll_fan
10-30-2003, 12:09 PM
spiveyrat:

Diboll_Lumberjackk:

Get 'em Kirbyville!!! :D Man you are crazzy, we have got 1 of the best teams that has ever came through this school... and we still havent even pulled out all are tricks in the box! we had some mistakes in the jasper game and it killed us, they had a few of them there selfs and we didnt take advatange of them and they did of ours. Sometimes you win some times you lose. But this week nah i dont think we had room for any mistakes! GET EM JACKS !!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
You forget we played a better team than yall did last week and k-vill got slaughterd by jasper, and we gave the game to them with 3 mistakes, those being 3 interceptions, dont expect to walk all over us. its good to be confident by yall passed that boundry way long ago.

diboll 35- kvill 14

spiveyrat
10-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:
You forget we played a better team than yall did last week and k-vill got slaughterd by jasper, and we gave the game to them with 3 mistakes, those being 3 interceptions, dont expect to walk all over us. its good to be confident by yall passed that boundry way long ago.

diboll 35- kvill 14Ok, now you gave the game to us? Whew, thanks guys. We couldn't have won it without ya. :rolleyes:

booger1
10-30-2003, 12:29 PM
Don't forget the 2 times ya'll jumped off sides on Jasper's fourth down to give them a first!

BigKilla
10-30-2003, 12:40 PM
I don`t know about the rest of you, but i am sick and tired of hearing about the Diboll and Jasper game. Every team has their up`s and downs maybe jasper came in big headed and was not worried about the Lumberjacks.It happens but you dont hear us talking about the k-Ville/Newton game.Lumber_Jack,do you play football or what.

booger1
10-30-2003, 02:15 PM
I agree, it's over with! Now move on and think about K-ville, remember-this is a must win game for both teams, especially Diboll!

duckbutter
10-30-2003, 02:26 PM
I predict that Diboll won't win another game this year.

southern_thunder
10-30-2003, 02:28 PM
I am with you Duck for no other reason but the majority of their posters have way to big a chip on their shoulder.

spiveyrat
10-30-2003, 02:35 PM
booger1:
I agree, it's over with! Now move on and think about K-ville, remember-this is a must win game for both teams, especially Diboll!You Dibollians are the ones who keep bringing it up.

booger1
10-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Ya know spivey, you always have something stupid to say when you really don't know what you are talking about! I'm tired of hearing about the Jasper game too! It's over and they should move on. I am from Diboll, but I'm not one the ones bringing it up all the time and whining about it! It was a good game and Jasper won, end of it! As for you, know what you are talking about before running crap out of your mouth!

SETexFB
10-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Listen up Diboll if you want to beat Kirbyville you can by passing the ball. They struggle on pass protection. Also try some trick plays. If you keep the game at a fast pace with Kirbyville not knowing what is coming next you should come out on top. Kirbyville has some injured players that play key positions. Kirbyville runs the same plays over and over and over. Run left, Run right, Run up the middle. You wait and see it is the same stuff over and over never a change. You should be able to figure it out by the first quarter. Score quick and often. Kirbyville is not a come from behind team. If you get 20 or more points on them before half then sit back and enjoy the ride. The only way they can beat you if you beat yourself.

Good Luck Lumberjacks. Diboll Fan For Life. :D

Wildcat81
10-30-2003, 08:08 PM
K-ville will have to play well to win no turn overs no penalties that result in a touch down called back.

spiveyrat
10-31-2003, 07:51 AM
booger1:
Ya know spivey, you always have something stupid to say when you really don't know what you are talking about! Examples?

Old No. 7
10-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Diboll_Lumberjackk:

diboll 35- kvill 14Most posters are predicting a close game. I don't think anyones crossed a boundry. The team that plays better football tonight will put more points on the board. The Jasper game is over and the Cats are comeing to PLAY!

BigMac
10-31-2003, 10:19 AM
It's pretty clear to everyone at the game against Newton that Kirbyville don't give up - Not sure what SETex is talking out of -Kirbyville was down 12 to nothing after the first 30 seconds of the game and they came back to lead at the half 14-12 and had 1 TD called back- It also looks to me that Kirbyville has one of the best offense schemes in the area-It's going to be a real good game tonight -I've seen both play and I'll be at Dibol tonight with all my buddies-

Old No. 7
10-31-2003, 10:46 AM
SETexFB, your are right. K-ville is very predictable. A friend and I stood against the fence last week and called the plays they were about to run by the set they were in. Knowing it and stopping it is two different things.I hope Diboll is ready cuase the Cats are Comeing. ( I thought Diboll's 8th grade played well last night. Thier QB is very impressive.)

grigsby
10-31-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Old NO. 7
SETexFB, your are right. K-ville is very predictable. A friend and I stood against the fence last week and called the plays they were about to run by the set they were in. Knowing it and stopping it is two different things.I hope Diboll is ready cuase the Cats are Comeing. ( I thought Diboll's 8th grade played well last night. Thier QB is very impressive.)
You are so right Old No. 7. I helped run the chains last night and me and the other guys told eachother what they were about to run. The little JUMBO thing didn't work either. Diboll is ready for that. We know exactly what to run when yall run the same plays over and over again. Once Diboll D gets on them it is OVER! Good luck to both teams and Go JACKS!

BigKilla
10-31-2003, 12:53 PM
well, I would say good luck but do you realy think that we are gonna come out in that little jumbo yall are talking about, you gotta be kidding me.And if that is so that we do the same play over and over then I guess we gotta whatch that little pass to your tightend that yalls J.v did every play of the game last nigt.And I very seriously doubt that your D is gonna stop our O.Good luck tryting.

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: BigKilla ]</small>

LUMBER_JACK
10-31-2003, 01:02 PM
i believe that diboll has to good of a team to loose to some one like k-ville and i also think that we will come out on top the score:

jacks 28
cats 13

BigKilla
10-31-2003, 02:11 PM
you have got to be kidden me. All that trash you talk you can tell that you are third string and dont get to play much. So, i sure am glad you have faith in the ones who do get to play but that is not going to be enough for them to win tonight,if any thing the score is gonna be this

cats 28
jacks 13

<small>[ October 31, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: BigKilla ]</small>

Old No. 7
10-31-2003, 02:27 PM
grigsby:
Originally posted by Old NO. 7
You are so right Old No. 7. I helped run the chains last night and me and the other guys told eachother what they were about to run. The little JUMBO thing didn't work either. Diboll is ready for that. We know exactly what to run when yall run the same plays over and over again. Once Diboll D gets on them it is OVER! Good luck to both teams and Go JACKS!Grigsby, I was referring to the varsity game last week. Like I said knowing it and stopping it is to different things. You better hope that D is as good as you think it is. 6 hours and counting.

Old No. 7
10-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Well, I'll be back Monday(opening weekend). Good luck to all hunters. Best of luck to both teams. I hope we have an injury free game.

mistanice
11-01-2003, 12:25 AM
42-28 final

bevo
11-01-2003, 12:28 AM
mistanice:
42-28 finalCongrads to you guys mistanice...and into the playoffs.

mistanice
11-01-2003, 12:30 AM
thx bud, i wonder who we're playing in bi-district?

j_dog
11-01-2003, 02:14 AM
Kirbyville, it seems you gave Diboll a good run for their money! Get 'em next year!

j_dog
11-01-2003, 02:16 AM
mistanice:
42-28 finalCongratulations Diboll. Represent the district well! :)

bevo
11-01-2003, 03:14 AM
mistanice:
thx bud, i wonder who we're playing in bi-district?mistanice...there is still a week left in district play, as far as deciding as to who ya'll will play come playoff time, for both 19AAA & 20AAA. As it stands right now (nothing is concrete at this time) Diboll would play the winner out of Fairfield (4-2), Mexia (4-2) or Crockett, which is also (4-2). I personally think that it may come down to Crockett or Fairfield, depending on Mexia's outcome next weekend. This whole district is pretty tight (a mess) right now. Grossbeck is in 1st place at (5-1) but they have to play Mexia next week...in Mexia. Either way it comes out, I believe that ya'll will play the 2nd or 3rd place team, out of District 19AAA. Not sure, which one, but just trying to give you some kind of picture as to who it possibly could be.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-01-2003, 12:47 PM
wow so many ppl was expecting us to lose by alot of points yikes. I think one of our biggest test isnt the K-ville game but the newton game this week in newton.

Old No. 7
11-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Congrats to the Jacks. Yall sure played good. Good luck in the rest of your games.

mistanice
11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
duckbutter:
I predict that Diboll won't win another game this year.i told you ducky.

duckbutter
11-04-2003, 10:31 AM
You were right. frown

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-04-2003, 01:14 PM
first 'crow' we gave this year.

Wildcat81
11-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Jacks ya'll played a good game.