PDA

View Full Version : So...Caldwell 59 Smithville 41? WTH???

navscanmaster
10-08-2010, 11:04 PM
100 points in what should have been a total blowout by Caldwell. Somebody give me a rundown. I know the refs are a tight knit group in Smithville, but there's no way they were responsible for 41.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2010, 11:06 PM
I was looking at that too. :confused:

buff4ever
10-08-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't imagine the caldwell peeps will be in a hurry to try and explain this??? WOW

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Certainly not what I was expecting to see.... I guess maybe that BR win had em a little too high or something.... Regardless a bad game with a W sure beats a good game with an L.:) :D

gameface
10-08-2010, 11:46 PM
bravo Tigers-way to fight hard and score bunches! Hornets nest was likely not too stirred up but they were in Tiger Country!!:cool:

jrhernandez7
10-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Hats off to my tigers. i admit i was not in there but at the giddings lg game. Great effort, if they play like that the rest of the way out , they are more than capable of ruining someones season. Still alot of fight left in smithville.

track33
10-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Caldwell was not ready to play. It looked like the coaches gave the team the whole week off. The Refs were horrible they called four personal fouls in a row on Caldwell. That is 60 free yards. They did this three times in the game(180 yards of free offense) which put Smithville on the 1 yard each time line. This accounted for 21 of Smithville's points.

jrhernandez7
10-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by track33
Caldwell was not ready to play. It looked like the coaches gave the team the whole week off. The Refs were horrible they called four personal fouls in a row on Caldwell. That is 60 free yards. They did this three times in the game(180 yards of free offense) which put Smithville on the 1 yard each time line. This accounted for 21 of Smithville's points.

wow thanks senor buzz kill. LOL realy complaing about the refs with a 18 pt win. lol. I guess a win just isnt good enough these days.

navscanmaster
10-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by track33

Hoping another Caldwell poster comes on here to verify that. That is very unbelievable, but if it is true, it is true. However, I wasn't expecting Smithville to score at all, so how do you account for the other 20 points?

Caldwell_Raider
10-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I believe Caldwell just didn't show up to play.... having the Smithville game crunched in between Royal and Giddings was scary but I figured the coaches would have the boys ready to play...... guess not

Caldwell_Raider
10-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm just glad Smithville doesn't have a defense that's half decent.......

Global Swarming
10-09-2010, 09:02 AM
He's right about the penalties on that drive. But that's irrelevant to the defense not showing up for most of the game. Smithville came out ready to play and Caldwell didn't. We fumbled twice while driving and Smithville took advantage of them and scored two touchdowns. Smithville has a couple of good players that stood out. The quarterback can throw the deep ball and the running back #36 had some really good runs against us. The screen pass ate our lunch tonight. That was the perfect play for our blitzing defense. We need to work alot on tackling this week. We were very fortunate to get out of Smithville with a win last night. But a win is a win and I'll take it anyway we can get it. I believe that Smithville is going to win a district game this year. I'm just glad that it wasn't last night.

HornetMom
10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Hoping another Caldwell poster comes on here to verify that. That is very unbelievable, but if it is true, it is true. However, I wasn't expecting Smithville to score at all, so how do you account for the other 20 points?

As Track33 said...Caldwell started out sluggish and didn't look ready to play. We also had some fumbles (although a couple that were questionable IMO, ie player was down). As for the personal fouls, these kids were doing their job and playing some hard fought football. There was a lot of pushing, shoving, late hits, hits from behind, and words exchange on BOTH sides, but Caldwell was getting the all of the' unsportsmanshsip' flags.

I don't know the stats for Smithville as The Eagle didn't print them but Caldwell had 525 rushing yards, 287 from Kedrin Sheppard. In the first half we had 2 touchdown passes to Bryson Burns (20 yards) and Luis Martinez (60 yards). In the second half we scored 7 rushing touchdowns and outscored Smithvill 26-7 in the third quarter. Hornets came out and play hard in the second half and got the 'not so pretty' win, in spite of all the penalties.

HornetMom
10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Also, can someone give us an update on the player that was injured and left in the ambulance. Looked like his leg/ankle? Hope he is going to be okayl

jrhernandez7
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
looking at the schedule it looks like smithville is just a whole diffrent team when they play at home. Caldwell and wharton. against wharton that game was so close 42-41 with wharton geting a two pt conversion in the final moments of the game. They are avg 41 pts a game at home so far. The futre is looking good for the tigers. We have a decent chance to get one in the win colum this week against rockdale for homecoming. that is if they have a great week of practice and are mentaly there. I just hope this team can get a W this year. its going to be tough but these kids deserve it.

BRfalconfan
10-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Was caldwell missing anyone on defense or something??? The defense i saw last week wasnt one to give up 41 points???

Coach BS
10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
very surprised at this score, I was thinking Caldwell hangs 60 and the D giving a goose egg.

Buff42
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
This is definitely not confirmed, but I heard Caldwell lost some key players to grades. Myabe Hornet Mom or someone from Caldwell can comment....:confused: :confused: :confused:

HornetMom
10-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Don't know about the loss of players due to grades. Since CHS_CG graduated, I don't keep up that close. As far as I could tell, all the starting/key defensive players were there. I think that they were looking toward this week and just were not ready for Smithville to come out as strong as they did.

Still think the refs didn't help us any...but that was last week and we will be ready to play this week. Been a long time coming to host Giddings at home.

Go Horntes

Buff42
10-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Don't know about the loss of players due to grades. Since CHS_CG graduated, I don't keep up that close. As far as I could tell, all the starting/key defensive players were there. I think that they were looking toward this week and just were not ready for Smithville to come out as strong as they did.

Still think the refs didn't help us any...but that was last week and we will be ready to play this week. Been a long time coming to host Giddings at home.

Go Horntes

Caldwell ALWAYS plays Giddings tough- can't wait, it's going to be a great game.

Should be R III GOTW

Go Buffs Go WAO