PDA

View Full Version : Finally district 10-3a kicks off!

MoveInDad
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
This should a be a thread that all 10-3a teams can contribute to, would like to see some comments from the Anna, Bonham and Commerce fans... I'll kick off with Celina vs. Van Alstyne:
I'm predicting a closer match than most who think that because VA lost to Melissa and Celina beat Melissa 40-0, its a cake walk for the Bobcats. Other than the Melissa game, VA putting up an avg of 50 pts a game or more, a lot of those through the air where Celina has been vulnerable.
Nevertheless, a Celina homecoming victory, a swarming defense and powerful rushing game is tough to beat. Celina 52 - VA 21

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
This should a be a thread that all 10-3a teams can contribute to, would like to see some comments from the Anna, Bonham and Commerce fans... I'll kick off with Celina vs. Van Alstyne:
I'm predicting a closer match than most who think that because VA lost to Melissa and Celina beat Melissa 40-0, its a cake walk for the Bobcats. Other than the Melissa game, VA putting up an avg of 50 pts a game or more, a lot of those through the air where Celina has been vulnerable.
Nevertheless, a Celina homecoming victory, a swarming defense and powerful rushing game is tough to beat. Celina 52 - VA 21

Your score may be correct but it should be a cakewalk. VA has line issues and is struggled with Melissa because they could matchup enough on the line and secondary to stop them. You have not seen Celina's all out yet this year imho except against PP and Prestonwood. VA promises to be less than equal to the task.

But the biggest problem they have is no defense. They cannot stop the run or pass against the teams they were playing. They have given up a lot of points to teams that are not ranked nearly as highly as they are. bboro is the only team they have played that is ranked better and they put 55 points on VA. And bboro has the same issue. No defense. VA has played no one with the type of pressure we will provide except Melissa and I think we can agree that Melissa is not in the same league as we are. IF the boys are in the game it will be a rout.

d0tc0m
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
The only time this game will be "close" or look like it was "close" is when the 2nd and 3rd strings are in for Celina and VA is able to rack up some yardage late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I say VA will score 13 points off the starting D, and not much more. This entire district is a joke, and embarrassing to be a part of. Celina and VA will make the playoffs by default, and the remaining teams might as well play paper/scissors/rock for the 3rd spot cause it won't matter, they'll be one and done anyway. Why the UIL, in all their wisdom, decided we should be in this district, rather than with Prosper, Argyle, Pilot Point, Sanger, and Aubrey, is beyond me. That'd be an entertaining district.

Celina - 54
VA - 19

MoveInDad
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
This entire district is a joke, and embarrassing to be a part of...

OUCH...that hurt! The other teams had no more control over the realignment than Celina, who knows what logic or criteria the UIL uses, pretty sure its not entertainment value though... I don't know if I'd want them to be the decider of that either.

I admit to being perhaps too generous to VA in my comment (my prediction is a truer reflection) however I'd really like to see some other 10-3a posters here besides Celina, and outright contempt for their programs (AND KIDS) isn't going to help.

Walk tall, carry a BIG stick and be humble... while your kicking some @ss!

3afan
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
The only time this game will be "close" or look like it was "close" is when the 2nd and 3rd strings are in for Celina and VA is able to rack up some yardage late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I say VA will score 13 points off the starting D, and not much more. This entire district is a joke, and embarrassing to be a part of. Celina and VA will make the playoffs by default, and the remaining teams might as well play paper/scissors/rock for the 3rd spot cause it won't matter, they'll be one and done anyway. Why the UIL, in all their wisdom, decided we should be in this district, rather than with Prosper, Argyle, Pilot Point, Sanger, and Aubrey, is beyond me. That'd be an entertaining district.

Celina - 54
VA - 19

district alignments are not made based on the expected strength of each school's football teams, but I'm sure you knew that

d0tc0m
10-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh i've been humbled plenty of times, that's for sure. Lord knows there's lots more humbling to be done too. but i continue to tell it like it is when it comes to football. and i have the ability to say what most people think but just don't want to say. i didn't blame any of those other teams for our realignment, i completely blame the UIL. the district just logistically doesn't make sense...well not all of it does. but that's just the UIL being the UIL. i just wanna be in a better district.

MoveInDad
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh i've been humbled plenty of times, that's for sure. Lord knows there's lots more humbling to be done too. but i continue to tell it like it is when it comes to football. and i have the ability to say what most people think but just don't want to say. i didn't blame any of those other teams for our realignment, i completely blame the UIL. the district just logistically doesn't make sense...well not all of it does. but that's just the UIL being the UIL. i just wanna be in a better district.

Agreed

d0tc0m
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
district alignments are not made based on the expected strength of each school's football teams, but I'm sure you knew that

i did know that! haha thanks for crediting my intelligence! all of my comments are just wishful thinking. just what my ideal district would be. remember 9-3A in 2002? Celina, Gainesville (when they were good), Pottsboro (when they were good), and Pilot Point? That was a FUN year of football!

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
In all honesty I would love to hear from Bonham or Commerce. Particularly you would think Commerce should have some fans. They have been good in the recent past but no soap. Same for Anna.
VA has some pride too. I like VA but this year the speed they have does not add up to defensive stops. Celina's power running game should roll. I hope coach Elliot runs a lot to take the time off the clock. Spread teams sure make the games longer.

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
i did know that! haha thanks for crediting my intelligence! all of my comments are just wishful thinking. just what my ideal district would be. remember 9-3A in 2002? Celina, Gainesville (when they were good), Pottsboro (when they were good), and Pilot Point? That was a FUN year of football!

yeah that year we had some of the best football to see in celina. I still remember that gainesville game sro only and I mean 3 or 4 deep at the fence sro only.
what a game.

MoveInDad
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Not surprised, if your program has a tradition of under-performing, its not something you really want to share with others... so what makes Chicago Cubs fans the exception to this? :D