PDA

View Full Version : TOC Class 3A Midseason Playoff Projections

Matthew328
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1136242

jason
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1136242 got a 5a by any chance?

LE Dad
10-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Looks good, but I think LE may end up with Carthage.

Matthew328
10-08-2010, 11:44 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1135658

Class 5A

waterboy
10-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Looks good, but I think LE may end up with Carthage.
I agree.:clap: ;)

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
FYI....

Class AAAA
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1135827

d0tc0m
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
celina-sanger 1st round matchup. i like it. what does sanger have this year? anybody know?

bigcat
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I guess they did not realize Splendora beat Cleveland, and if they beat shepherd, tarkington, and liberty will be third

Keith7
10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by bigcat
I guess they did not realize Splendora beat Cleveland, and if they beat shepherd, tarkington, and liberty will be third

The should beat both Shepherd and Liberty.. Tarkington is where Splendora will be challenged.. Should make the Battle of the Bell extra interesting this year.

Keith7
10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
celina-sanger 1st round matchup. i like it. what does sanger have this year? anybody know?

One of the best QBs in the state..

Don't be surprised if it's Gainesville / Celina in the first round instead though..

Global Swarming
10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Giddings would get another shot at Brookshire Royal. I would love to see that game.

Global Swarming
10-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Navasota instead of La Grange.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Navasota instead of La Grange.

Write it down, Navasota wins the district....

M-town lobo fan
10-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Div.2 Region I is by far gonna be the toughest.Brownwood,Monahans,Bridgeport,Snyder,Grah am,Dalhart,Estacado,Kennadale need I say more!

Yoe_09
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Write it down, Navasota wins the district....

I am liking Navasota's chances. The 3 in will be Navasota, Caldwell, and Giddings imo. La Grange will finish 4th.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I am liking Navasota's chances. The 3 in will be Navasota, Caldwell, and Giddings imo. La Grange will finish 4th.

Smart man, lol. In all seriousness, I am picking Navasota to win the district for these two reasons:

1. Navasota has Giddings and Caldwell at Rattler Stadium. Yes, I know both have come into Navasota and gotten the W before, but, Giddings is not the normal Buffaloes that we are used to seeing.... And, Caldwell versus Navasota is always a good one. Navasota has many weapons that Caldwell has yet to see so far as far as overall team play on offense....Plus, there will be no mud, lol.

2. Navasota is good. :D

rholl
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
west texas questions???
Havent seen them, have heard little...so outta Borger, Lubbock Cooper, Clint Mountain View, Andrews, A. Wylie, Burkburnett, Mineral well and Alvarado.....who prevails?

tex_male
10-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by rholl
west texas questions???
Havent seen them, have heard little...so outta Borger, Lubbock Cooper, Clint Mountain View, Andrews, A. Wylie, Burkburnett, Mineral well and Alvarado.....who prevails?

Out of the teams you listed I would say Alvarado

DaHop72
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Out of the teams you listed I would say Alvarado I agree with tex_male. :thumbsup:

warhorsejoe
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Devine and Gonzlas, that would be a good game.

WOS87
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
The bottom half of the D2 Region III bracket is looking like quite the gauntlet. I sure hope WO-S regains the 21-3A championship to stay up top.

coachc45
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
They have Jasper, Kirbyville, and Diboll making the playoffs out of 19-3A. Not Center. Center just put a major beatdown on Jasper. Not sure why they think Jasper over Center. Its a five team district and in order to get in you'll only have to win two games. No one is beating Kirbyville... Everyone is gonna beat Huntington. Leaving Center, Jasper, and Diboll for the remaining 2 spots. Can't see Jasper beating Diboll.

FbCoachB40
10-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Fischer Canyon Lake will not make the playoffs. They were just beat by Navarro. It will be Wimberley, Boerne, & Navarro.

Boerne will go D1

Red&White_9x5
10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Didn't Canyon Lake make the playoffs last year? Did they graduate a lot of talent?

bwdlionfan
10-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1136242

I think District 6 is wrong... they have Burkburnet, Graham, and Iowa Park. I say drop Burk and add Bowie. That sends Graham D1 instead of D2... and that makes the two D2 reps to be Bowie and Iowa Park. So the loser of Iowa Park and Bowie could likely draw Bwood first round. Winner draws Snyder. Unless of course Bwood gets in D1.

BaseballUmp
10-13-2010, 02:30 PM
2A? D1 preferably

Old LB
10-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Wylie or Big Spring will be third in 5-3a, Sweetwater does not win a district game this year. Brownwood goes D2 against the wishes of the folks wanting to see Brownwood play Celina.

bwdlionfan
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Wylie or Big Spring will be third in 5-3a, Sweetwater does not win a district game this year. Brownwood goes D2 against the wishes of the folks wanting to see Brownwood play Celina.

I think S'water has a chance at a W this week if Big Spring's QB and RB are still banged up. That said it could throw a tie breaker in if Big Spring beats Wylie the next week.

Matthew328
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I think District 6 is wrong... they have Burkburnet, Graham, and Iowa Park. I say drop Burk and add Bowie. That sends Graham D1 instead of D2... and that makes the two D2 reps to be Bowie and Iowa Park. So the loser of Iowa Park and Bowie could likely draw Bwood first round. Winner draws Snyder. Unless of course Bwood gets in D1.

Just my opinion but I think Burk will beat Bowie in Week 10...Bowie has very little depth and my gut tells me by Week 10 they'll be beat up and Burkburnett is starting to come around...

firstdown
10-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Matthew, Burkburnet was just horrible when I watched them. I wouldn't pick them over Era. Just say'n

trojandad
10-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
The bottom half of the D2 Region III bracket is looking like quite the gauntlet. I sure hope WO-S regains the 21-3A championship to stay up top.

DII winner of 21 3-a will have an easier than normal opponent first round.......

sinfan75
10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I think Sinton will go D1. Ingleside seems to be improving and Rockport I think is fixing to take a nosedive.

megaman2184
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I think Sinton will go D1. Ingleside seems to be improving and Rockport I think is fixing to take a nosedive.

I think Rockport regroups very soon starting this week. Won't be shocked if they put off an upset on Mathis. YES I CALLED IT! Ingleside will be outside looking in when the year is over.

Charlie47
10-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Matthew, Burkburnet was just horrible when I watched them. I wouldn't pick them over Era. Just say'n

You said the same thing about us!:)

firstdown
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47

Charlie I said no such thing. However I did think Prosper would play well against you guys and I was wrong. Dang crow tastes just like chicken. I hope you guys are getting and staying healthy. Good luck.

GO LOVEJOY!!!!!!

You guys have a great team.

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Charlie47
10-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Charlie I said no such thing. However I did think Prosper would play well against you guys and I was wrong. Dang crow tastes just like chicken. I hope you guys are getting and staying healthy. Good luck.

GO LOVEJOY!!!!!!

You guys have a great team.

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Thank-you, I take it back!;)

BLACK ATTACK
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Well I don't take it back. Still feel the same way about LJ as I did when I watched them play. Overrated!! They are not horrible, but certainly not great.

Charlie47
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Well I don't take it back. Still feel the same way about LJ as I did when I watched them play. Overrated!! They are not horrible, but certainly not great.

I learned some things in my years. When a team defeats a team and berates them, he lowers his own team. You are saying that you are
less when you say we are less.

We played you the 1st game. We had 7 on the sidelines injured.
We have continued to progress. We only had one injured last week.
That young man is a key member, especially on our defense. We continue to win and progress. I continue to want Argyle win. Why,
it elevates us. You were very fortunate to be us by 3 points, yet you continue to act as if we were totally destroyed and out played, not the case.

So you continue to put us down, I will continue to elevate Argyle.
I do really wish you well. You have really been able to pour on the points
against your opponents, remember you defeated us by 3 points. I wish you and Argyle well.:) :clap:

BLACK ATTACK
10-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I learned some things in my years. When a team defeats a team and berates them, he lowers his own team. You are saying that you are
less when you say we are less.

We played you the 1st game. We had 7 on the sidelines injured.
We have continued to progress. We only had one injured last week.
That young man is a key member, especially on our defense. We continue to win and progress. I continue to want Argyle win. Why,
it elevates us. You were very fortunate to be us by 3 points, yet you continue to act as if we were totally destroyed and out played, not the case.

So you continue to put us down, I will continue to elevate Argyle.
I do really wish you well. You have really been able to pour on the points
against your opponents, remember you defeated us by 3 points. I wish you and Argyle well.:) :clap:

Wow!! That may be the most impressive bit of philosophy that I have ever heard. I am in awe of your greatness. I really don't even know what to say........but i'll give it a try anyway.

Haven't you worn out the bit about how many players were hurt? I've heard you say 5, 7, how many was it. Argyle played their worst game of the season, and Means wasn't that good. Certainly not the Heisman Trophy candidate you have made him out to be.
By the way, were you even at the game? I doubt it, because if you were (and honest), there is absolutely no way that you could believe that Argyle is only 3 points better than those mighty Leopards. You had your chance, and blew it. I know, I know, it would have been different if LJ wouldn't have had those 37 players hurt.

Ok, now I am going to try it your way.
Win Lovejoy.....Win Lovejoy......Win Lovejoy!
Hey, your right. I feel like Argyle is elevated already. Thanks.
I wish you and Lovejoy well.:):clap:

Charlie47
10-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Wow!! That may be the most impressive bit of philosophy that I have ever heard. I am in awe of your greatness. I really don't even know what to say........but i'll give it a try anyway.

Haven't you worn out the bit about how many players were hurt? I've heard you say 5, 7, how many was it. Argyle played their worst game of the season, and Means wasn't that good. Certainly not the Heisman Trophy candidate you have made him out to be.
By the way, were you even at the game? I doubt it, because if you were (and honest), there is absolutely no way that you could believe that Argyle is only 3 points better than those mighty Leopards. You had your chance, and blew it. I know, I know, it would have been different if LJ wouldn't have had those 37 players hurt.

Ok, now I am going to try it your way.
Win Lovejoy.....Win Lovejoy......Win Lovejoy!
Hey, your right. I feel like Argyle is elevated already. Thanks.
I wish you and Lovejoy well.:):clap: :rolleyes: :taunt: :stirpot:

SintonPirateFan
10-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75

sinton is bigger than ingleside this year? guess i should look at numbers more often.