PDA

View Full Version : Rangers / Rays

bleedgreen
10-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Is it just me or are the TBS announcers somewhat biased toward the Rays? I don't seem to hear much excitement when the Rangers do perform well and they try to keep coming up with excuses for the Rays.
Maybe all the announcers are from New York City.

Old Tiger
10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
because rays are more marketable? Isn't the game being played in Tampa also?

BullsFan
10-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Feels like they spent hours today focusing on Shields mouthing off in the dugout. It was fun for the first 5 or 6 times they did it, but then it just got old.

RoyceTTU
10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
because rays are more marketable? Isn't the game being played in Tampa also?

I would typically agree with you being a current champion but,,,,,there ticket sales don't prove it and Longoria sure isn't quiet about vocalizing it.

Farmersfan
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by bleedgreen
Is it just me or are the TBS announcers somewhat biased toward the Rays? I don't seem to hear much excitement when the Rangers do perform well and they try to keep coming up with excuses for the Rays.
Maybe all the announcers are from New York City.

I felt the same way. Seemed like everything was centered around how poorly the Rays were playing rather than how good the Rangers were playing. I know they always do it but I'm tired of Sportscenter talking about the marginal check swing of M. Young and the called strike against the Rays as if THOSE were the only reasons the Rays lost. Even if they strike M. Young out the Rays still lose that game 2-0! And I can guarantee that there were at least 2 marginal calls that went in the Rays favor in that game. They need to move on. To his credit, Madden said the same thing in an interview. he doesn't seem to be dwelling on those two (argueably bad) calls.

RoyceTTU
10-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Does anybody listen to WBAP in the A.M. Nolan was on there, he was always my favorite player growing up but I think I like him even more now. He is as down to earth as it gets.

He was joking around with Hal Jay this morning asking if Hal Jay would bring a broom to the game on Saturday and sweep the Rays dogout. I think Nolan and Washington are bringing in just enough swagger to get these guys playing hard.

Its fun to watch after many years of failure.

Macarthur
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Yes, Nolan is a confident guy and I think that has permeated the entire organization.

As for the bias, I've actually enjoyed Buck Martinez. I haven't noticed anything blatant. The did linger on the check swing too much, but again, I haven't noticed anything over the top.